Superbook and Flying House

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Superbook and Flying House

Postby JerRocks2day » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:07 pm

I know there were a few threads on it already, but I decided to start a new one.

Who remembers those two shows? I still watch them from time to time.

And I'm using Chris, Joy, Justin, Corky, and all the others in my Trouble Shooter series.

The theme song for SB season 2 and FH are my favs.
JerRocks2day

Postby AnimeGirl » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:14 pm

Ooh, I love those shows! I wonder if you can get them in it's original Japanese. But either way, love those shows, even though it's old-school anime. Hopefully, someday, there will be more Christian anime in the future.
"For what use is there in praying if you will only hear what you want to hear." - As I Lay Dying *The Sound Of Truth*

Let's make an AMV together!

Kokoro no Uta The thoughts of an aspiring mangaka (yeah...this is my blog >.>)

Ooh look! I have fanfiction! YAY!!!!!!!
http://www.fanfiction.net/~sevencandlesticks
If you like Tsubasa and Cardcaptors, then you might like what I've written (if I didn't slaughter the series... XD)

He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds - Pslam 147:3
AnimeGirl

Postby JerRocks2day » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:18 pm

Yeah. I think my Trouble Shooters series might pave that way since I'm using both characters from both Superbook and Flying House. Although, I'm not sure if TS is a Christian anime, to be honest. Although, I may explore some Christian themes in a couple episodes.

I def thought Chris waz cool. And Uri and Corky were cute kids.

Also, who else thinks Chris/Joy were in a relationship on the show?
JerRocks2day

Postby Wolf-man » Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:40 pm

AnimeGirl (post: 1388268) wrote:Ooh, I love those shows! I wonder if you can get them in it's original Japanese.

I thought about that too but as I learned about these two shows I realized that it would make little to know difference in the dialog and content of the show. Superbook was created by Americans and released originally in Japan in order to minister to the Japanese children. So I highly doubt much was lost in its English translation.
Wolf-man

Postby AnimeGirl » Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:47 pm

Wolf-man (post: 1388291) wrote:I thought about that too but as I learned about these two shows I realized that it would make little to know difference in the dialog and content of the show. Superbook was created by Americans and released originally in Japan in order to minister to the Japanese children. So I highly doubt much was lost in its English translation.

I know that, but I'd love to see it in Japanese anyway! I mean, stuff dubbed today isn't edited anymore, but it's still fun to watch something in it's original Japanese language track.
"For what use is there in praying if you will only hear what you want to hear." - As I Lay Dying *The Sound Of Truth*

Let's make an AMV together!

Kokoro no Uta The thoughts of an aspiring mangaka (yeah...this is my blog >.>)

Ooh look! I have fanfiction! YAY!!!!!!!
http://www.fanfiction.net/~sevencandlesticks
If you like Tsubasa and Cardcaptors, then you might like what I've written (if I didn't slaughter the series... XD)

He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds - Pslam 147:3
AnimeGirl

Postby rocklobster » Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:42 pm

Actually some stuff is still edited. But yeah, I remember those. I wish they were still on TV.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby JerRocks2day » Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:19 pm

rocklobster (post: 1388340) wrote:Actually some stuff is still edited. But yeah, I remember those. I wish they were still on TV.

Too right. There was an episode called 'The Burning Bush' that was severly edited and is on youtube. They took out the real beginning where Chris gets in trouble with the new dog, in place of Ruffles. And they took out the ending where Chris talks about the dog with Uri and Gizmo on the computer, before the dog enters the room. I know because I have a rare recording of it at home.

To me, it shows that CBN doesn't give a hoot about character.
JerRocks2day

Postby mysngoeshere56 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:52 pm

I haven't seen those shows in years, but they were the first anime shows I ever saw... Back when I was like, 3. Maybe I should watch them sometime, just to see how much I remember.
-Sno
mysngoeshere56

Postby Blitzkrieg1701 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:05 pm

The very first anime I ever saw, though it didn't dawn on me that they WERE anime until years later. I especially loved The Flying House. I mean, come on! It was a time-traveling HOUSE! ...THAT FLEW! AND THEY HUNG AROUND WITH JESUS!!! Good times, man.
Image Image

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Purple"]For the love of Christ controls us, having concluded this: that one died for all, therefore all died; and he that died for all, so that they who live might no longer live for themselves, but for Him who died and rose again on their behalf. II Corinthians 5:14-15[/color][/font]
Blitzkrieg1701

Location: Washington, DC (when I'm not in an alternate universe)

Postby JerRocks2day » Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:54 pm

I suspect the concept of a Flying House heavily influenced Up.
JerRocks2day

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:06 pm

I seriously doubt it. Flying houses have been in fiction long before Flying House.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby The Doctor » Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:23 pm

Not sure if you all know, but Superbook is getting rebooted by CBN. Looks crappy though...

Google it and you'll find it.
My new project: Story Ship, a storyblog. Now updates are every Friday!
http://storyship.blogspot.com/

Check out my short film IMPACT. Trailer available at impactshortfilm.webs.com. Short film now available FREE at http://bit.ly/cglmZ6

"There is therefore now NO condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus." Romans 8:1
The Doctor

Postby JerRocks2day » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:43 am

I seriously doubt it. Flying houses have been in fiction long before Flying House.

I guess I found it Up similar to FH. Maybe it was my opinion.

Not sure if you all know, but Superbook is getting rebooted by CBN. Looks crappy though...

Too right. They really made sure Chris, Joy and Gizmo looked nothing like their original anime designs. Plus, they took out Ruffles.

My Trouble Shooters series I'm writing is a response to this new Superbook. It recycles the original character designs, with a change of clothes though.

For instance, Christopher wears a John Connor T2-esque attire and Joy wears a schoolgirl uniform.

And Justin wears a magnum PI shirt, Angie wears a Yuffie-esque attire and Corky wears a blue T-shirt and green pants.

I have yet to decide on Uri's new attire though.
JerRocks2day

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews