What Movies are you Watching?

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby Adie » Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:45 pm

Last night I watched Bright Star. I liked it, but it was really sad. :/
Adie

Postby ich1990 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:36 pm

Rambo: First Blood

The movie in which the great Rambo evades police, sets traps, dodges machine gun fire, blows up buildings...... and kills no one.

Rambo: First Blood part 2

The movie in which Rambo kills everyone.

House on Haunted Hill (1959)

Predictable yet enjoyable Vincent Price B horror movie. Gets bonus points for not using a Victorian mansion as its haunted house.

Battlestar Galactica (1978)

Incredibly cheesy and humorous. Total (inferior) rip-off of Star Wars.
Where an Eidolon, named night, on a black throne reigns upright.
ich1990

Postby GhostontheNet » Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:33 am

Tonight I watched Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street and The Matrix. I guess tonight's the night of capitalist cannibalism.

KagayakiWashi (post: 1380785) wrote:I watched "The Seventh Seal" tonight. I should probably rewatch it, but I enjoyed it.
Brilliant film.
GhostontheNet

Postby Radical Dreamer » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:11 pm

In the past few days, I've seen Avatar, Alice in Wonderland, Taken, Up in the Air, and I'll be seeing Shutter Island on Wednesday. XD Avatar was fun in spite of being derivative, and Alice was also fun, in spite of being rather disloyal to the source material as well as kind of hard to understand in some lines. XD Taken was a good suspenseful action movie, though honestly, it was pretty depressing (given the fact that the sex trafficking it deals with is real), even though it had a predictably happy ending. As for Up in the Air, it was fantastic, with great writing and acting, and was appropriately funny and sad at the proper times. I loved it. XD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Mithrandir » Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:09 pm

Radical Dreamer (post: 1381417) wrote:... Alice was also fun, in spite of being rather disloyal to the source material as well as kind of hard to understand in some lines...

I have a friend who is a recent immigrant from Italy who had a very different take on this. She was upset about how much of the movie she "couldn't understand." When informed by someone else that the characters were talking gibberish from time to time, she was struck somewhat dumb. XD
Mithrandir

Postby GhostontheNet » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:23 am

Tonight I watched Control and 24 Hour Party People.
GhostontheNet

Postby Sheol777 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:09 am

Star Trek: The Motion Picture
Image........... My Deep Space Nine Podcast ........... My Anime List...........
Sheol777

Postby GhostontheNet » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:20 am

Tonight I watched The Spirit of the Beehive.
GhostontheNet

Postby MightiMidget » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:14 pm

Family watched the silly, but entertaingness that is X-Men: Wolverine
MightiMidget

Postby Atria35 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:49 am

Yours, Mine, and Ours with Lucille Ball and Henry Fonda. Funny and sweet. One of my favorites.
Atria35

Postby KagayakiWashi » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:55 am

Recently I watched Charlie Chaplin's "Modern Times" and "The Great Dictator". Good movies!
"To be a good listener, you must acquire a musical culture...you must be familiar with the history and development of music, you must listen...to receive music you have to open your ears and wait for the music, you must believe that it is something you need ...to listen is an effort, and just to hear has no merit. A duck hears also." - Igor Stravinsky
Are you hurting? Struggling with something? Need an ear? Check out The Hopeline! https://www.thehopeline.com/CSDefault.aspx
The Blog! http://kagayakiwashi.livejournal.com/
KagayakiWashi

Location: Constantly chasing the dragonfly of love....or something like that

Postby Adie » Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:44 pm

Sense and Sensibility. It was lovely~
And I also watched The Bourne Ultimatum with some friends. I haven't seen the other Bourne movies, so it was very confusing. But I still enjoyed it. :P
Adie

Postby Sheol777 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:07 am

Shutter Island
Image........... My Deep Space Nine Podcast ........... My Anime List...........
Sheol777

Postby ich1990 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:27 am

How to Train Your Dragon

This movie is in the same boat as Sherlock Holmes; it is a pretty darn good movie, yet disregards its source material and, ultimately, loses lots of the charm of the original. Watch the movie, yes, it is quite enjoyable for both kids and adults. When you are done, however, pick up the magnificent books.
ich1990

Postby Atria35 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:44 pm

The Princess and The Frog- I like this the best of all the Disney Princess films. So did my brother, who admitted that he not only enjoyed the film, but would have no qualms about letting his kids watch it, unlike many of the older Disney films.

Also Repo Men- figured out the twist before hand. Thought it could have been a really good insight into what could become the future of organ donations and the moral reasoning that has to go into that to make it work or not.... until the second half of the movie. Then it just became a blood bath. Boooo!
Atria35

Postby KagayakiWashi » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:10 pm

Today I watched Akira Kurosawa's "Scandal" and "Kagemusha" and Charlie Chaplin's "The Kid".
"Scandal" was alot better than I thought it was going to be, but "Kagemusha" turned out to be LONG, CONFUSING, and DEPRESSING.....however, since I had already watched two other movies, that might have contributed to my attitude towards it.....I will hve to see it another time when I'm mentally prepared.
"The Kid" was brilliant. I can now say I love Charlie Chaplin movies.....and the fact that he wrote, directed, and composed the music for his films makes him all the more awesome.
"To be a good listener, you must acquire a musical culture...you must be familiar with the history and development of music, you must listen...to receive music you have to open your ears and wait for the music, you must believe that it is something you need ...to listen is an effort, and just to hear has no merit. A duck hears also." - Igor Stravinsky
Are you hurting? Struggling with something? Need an ear? Check out The Hopeline! https://www.thehopeline.com/CSDefault.aspx
KagayakiWashi

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:45 pm

Adie (post: 1384291) wrote:Sense and Sensibility. It was lovely~

O.O No kidding. I just watched that last night! Awesome movie. Emma Thompson gets me every stinkin' time, at the part where it looks like Marianne's going to die and she's begging her to live.
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby Adie » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:35 pm

the_wolfs_howl wrote:O.O No kidding. I just watched that last night! Awesome movie. Emma Thompson gets me every stinkin' time, at the part where it looks like Marianne's going to die and she's begging her to live.

Eep, yes, that part really got me too. :( I was ready to go get a box of Kleenex.

At the recommendation of my sister's friend, I watched The Road to El Dorado last night. I didn't think it was amazing or anything, but I enjoyed it, and it was nice to watch something lighthearted after a stressful day. :)
Adie

Postby Roy Mustang » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:54 pm

Shutter Island

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Red"]Col. Roy Mustang[/color][/font]
Roy Mustang

Postby TheSubtleDoctor » Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:17 pm

Mrs. Doc and I watched The Fantastic Mr. Fox last night. Really, really liked that movie. I have recommended it to a few people at work today, but they had never heard of it :wow!:
TheSubtleDoctor

Postby Radical Dreamer » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:16 am

TheSubtleDoctor (post: 1385473) wrote:Mrs. Doc and I watched The Fantastic Mr. Fox last night. Really, really liked that movie. I have recommended it to a few people at work today, but they had never heard of it :wow!:

I actually watched that for the second time this weekend! XD It started my Wes Anderson movie-watching adventure, which I started today with The Royal Tenenbaums, which I really enjoyed. XD I also watched Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist and Amadeus. The former was entertaining but disappointing overall, and the latter, I thought was really good and lived up to what I've heard of it. XD
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby KagayakiWashi » Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:28 pm

Radical Dreamer (post: 1386089) wrote: I also watched Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist and Amadeus. The former was entertaining but disappointing overall, and the latter, I thought was really good and lived up to what I've heard of it. XD

"Amadeus" is an excellent movie! (Highly fictitious but whatever!) I watched that on my 20th birthay and it is what really got me into classical music, hahaha.
Right now my room mate has "Batman Forever" playing.....corny, yes, but it's a fun kind of corny.
I can't remember ifI posted this or not, but I also saw Akira Kurosawa's "Drunken Angel" about a drunk doctor who tries to reform a member of the yakuza. Great movie.
KagayakiWashi

Postby Wolf-man » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:17 pm

KagayakiWashi (post: 1386254) wrote:Right now my room mate has "Batman Forever" playing.....corny, yes, but it's a fun kind of corny.

Batman Forever is hilarious! It was so cheesy and such a throwback to Adam West and yet Schumacher tried to make it dark like the comics. XD

I watched Death Note: L Change The World over the weekend. It was cool but no where near (no pun intended) as good as the first two movies. Most likely due to the fact that Kaneko did not direct this one. I liked the fact that Near was in it even though he was nothing like the Near from the show.
Wolf-man

Postby Htom Sirveaux » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:00 am

Wolf-man (post: 1386508) wrote:Batman Forever is hilarious! It was so cheesy and such a throwback to Adam West and yet Schumacher tried to make it dark like the comics. XD

xD Hey, you're all right, bro.

As for me, not a movie, but The Mighty Boosh season 1. I'd never heard of it but my brother-in-law recommended it to me recently. He was right, it's a riot.
If this post seems too utterly absurd or ridiculous to be taken seriously, don't. :)
Htom Sirveaux

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:16 pm

Wolf-man (post: 1386508) wrote:I watched Death Note: L Change The World over the weekend. It was cool but no where near (no pun intended) as good as the first two movies. Most likely due to the fact that Kaneko did not direct this one. I liked the fact that Near was in it even though he was nothing like the Near from the show.

Ah, yes. I know lots of people who say the same. What I think is the reason the plot isn't quite as snappy as the other movies is because the whole focus of the movie is on L's characterization. And you have to admit, that was really well done, wasn't it? Shows a whole new depth to his character. It's my belief that - at least when it comes to a character as subtle as L - when you're focusing on the cool plotting between L and his adversaries, you just don't have time to do much characterization, and when you're focusing on the characterization, you don't have time to do much with the plot. (And by characterization, I mean the deep delving into who L is at his core, beneath the surface of his quirks and brainpower that you get in the Death Note storyline.)

Yeah, needless to say, I love that movie to death. But you should read the little official novelization of Change the World; it's actually really really good and offers a plot more along the lines of the ingenuity of L's mind, yet doesn't lose much in the way of characterization.
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby ich1990 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:00 pm

XIII: The Conspiracy

Not especially astounding, but worth watching. Pity they never made it into a series.
ich1990

Postby Wolf-man » Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:19 pm

I am currently watching Peter Pan (2003).
I just bought the first Live-Action Death Note movie. I can't wait to watch it again. It's so good.
Wolf-man

Postby Radical Dreamer » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:57 pm

Just watched Dark City (the director's cut)! That was an AMAZING movie. I loved how it was totally film noir, yet totally sci-fi at the same time. XD SO great; I want to watch it again soon. XD

Radical Dreamer

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:50 am

Just finished watched the Extended Edition of Fellowship of the Ring. Kyaaa, love this movie to death!!! :dance:

- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby Wolf-man » Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:52 pm

I watched Catch Me If You Can yesterday. That was really good. Very interesting.
I also bought The Lost Boys which is one of my favorite 80's movies. Hilarious.
Wolf-man

Previous Next

Return to General Entertainment