When I was watching anime or reading manga,I cried when... (SPOILERS ABOUND)

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

When I was watching anime or reading manga,I cried when... (SPOILERS ABOUND)

Postby airichan623 » Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:28 pm

I had no idea where to put this thread but I wanted to make a thread to talk about the moments in anime/manga that made you tear up or cry (or to those who are so manly they don't cry, they "felt" for). :sniffle:

I for one cry a LOT in movies and when reading. :waah!: or me, where are some of the things that made me cry as a read/watched them.
A= only cried in anime
M= only cried in manga
B=both

Tsubasa Reservior Chronicle:
[SPOILER]- when bad syaoran left M [/SPOILER]

Fruits Basket:
[SPOILER]-when Tohru fell from the cliff M
-the Kisa story B
-the Machi backstory M
-Kyou mother story B
-Yuki backstory M [/SPOILER]

Naruto:
[SPOILER]-Sasuke left Konoha M
-Asuma died A
-Kakashi died M
-shattered photo during Gaara's recent 'sasuke's evil so give up' talk M [/SPOILER]

FullMetal Alchemist:
[SPOILER]-Lieutenant Colonel Hughes dies B
-Story of how they lost their bodies B
-Winry confonting Scar M [/SPOILER]

....that's all I can remember right now.
Cry away!:waah!: :sniffle: :waah!: :sniffle:

[color="Magenta"][SIZE="4"]愛理ちゃん六二三[/SIZE][/color]

DeviantArt[color="DeepSkyBlue"]~[/color]MAL[color="DeepSkyBlue"]~[/color]Tumblr
airichan623

Postby LadyRushia » Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:33 pm

Moved to anime.

Also, you should probably use spoiler tags. Here's how to use them:

[*SPOILER]The very last scene in the anime that made you cry buckets of tears.[/SPOILER*] Only without the stars.
Fanfiction (updated 1/1/11)-- Lucky Star--Ginsaki ch. 4
[color="Magenta"]Sometimes I post things.[/color]
Image Image Image
LadyRushia

Postby steenajack » Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:11 pm

Here is a moment when I cried in an anime (though I know it happens in the manga as well):
In Hikaru no Go when [SPOILER]Sai left. Hikaru realized how cruelly he treated Sai, and doesn't want to play go any more. He suffers the pain of the loss of a friend and everything, and it's really sad and suspenseful. Then he realized that Sai was in him all along, and will always be a part of him. Then he has an emotional release, and wants to play go again knowing that Sai will always be in his heart[/SPOILER].........I pretty much just said the whole thing. Good thing I had the spoiler gadget there. DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVE NOT GOTTEN THERE IN THE ANIME/MANGA yet. I just thought it was so good, and Hikaru no Go is such a good show! XD! That one bit made me cry though.
Please, feel free to check out my sites:

My Deviant Art[/color]
MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!
My FictionPress[/color]
My tumblr[/color] Read...fave...reblog...repeat...
steenajack

Postby Wyntre Rose » Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:42 pm

Fruits Basket:
[spoiler] Hatori's backstory - what an emotional punch to the gut!
Kyo's transformation and Tohru's eventual acceptance - say what you will about the anime ending, this part was done masterfully: Tohru wavering between love, compassion and horror, Shigure begging her to go to Kyo, Yuki manning up and MAKING Kyo stick around for whatever Tohru would do, and Kyo's reaction to Tohru's acceptance of him...wow.[/spoiler]

Rurouni Kenshin:
anime/manga
[spoiler] Kenshin leaving Kaoru to go to Kyoto to bring down Shishio and when he returned...Tadaima never sounded so beautiful.[/spoiler]
manga
[spoiler]when Kenshin discovered Kaoru's "death"[/spoiler]

Fullmetal Alchemist:
[spoiler]Hughes' death, Nina's transformation and death, Ed and Al's sacrifices for each other at the end of the first anime, Al popping out of that suit of armor at the end of the movie so he and Ed could be together again in 'our' world[/spoiler]

x/1999:
[spoiler]Seishiro literally making Subaru kill him (and the part in the Tokyo Babylon manga where we find out just what Seishiro's deal is...and what he does to poor Subaru...) Just about anything to do with Kakyou...the poor sweetie. Nataku's manga death. Arashi finally returning Sorata's love...and then everything that happened to them after that in the anime...[/spoiler]

I've got more, I'm sure, but nothing else is coming to mind...
Wyntre Rose

Postby minakichan » Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:19 pm

Every anime ever:
[spoiler]At the ending.[/spoiler]
ImageImage
minakichan

Postby TheSubtleDoctor » Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:43 am

Last Exile:

[spoiler]Dio's death, especially in light of the episodes dealing with his upbringing [/spoiler]
TheSubtleDoctor

Postby yukoxholic » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:53 pm

Haibane Renmei

[SPOILER]Kuu's day of flight and the afterward with Rakka cleaning her room while talking aloud to her, when Rakka's sin-bound and cutting off her feathers, and when Reki tells Rakka that she never really cared about her and was just using her for her own absolution.[/SPOILER]
yukoxholic

Postby airichan623 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:29 pm

LadyRushia (post: 1363660) wrote:Moved to anime.

Also, you should probably use spoiler tags. Here's how to use them:

[*SPOILER]The very last scene in the anime that made you cry buckets of tears.[/SPOILER*] Only without the stars.

rushia-sama, i can't get the spoiler tags to work!

airichan623

Postby LadyRushia » Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:59 pm

Are you typing it exactly how I showed you (without the stars)? You need to type "SPOILER" in all-caps and everything. It should work.

[SPOILER]So you end up with something like this.[/SPOILER]
Fanfiction (updated 1/1/11)-- Lucky Star--Ginsaki ch. 4
[color="Magenta"]Sometimes I post things.[/color]
Image Image Image
LadyRushia

Postby ShiroiHikari » Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:02 pm

I cry at anime ALL THE TIME so it's hard to remember specific instances. XD
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby goldenspines » Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:05 pm

[spoiler] Every chapter of Tegami Bachi.

I was also at the point of tears when I finished episode 25 of Ouran, but that's only because episoe 26 wasn't loading fast enough. D: [/spoiler]

Otherwise, I'm not too emotional when it comes to anime/manga. XD;
goldenspines

Postby Radical Dreamer » Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:14 pm

I've only ever cried once while anime/reading manga, but I've gotten choked up many times before. XD I can rarely remember anything specific, so I'll just go with the one that sticks out the most:

Full Moon wo Sagashite (anime)
[Spoiler]The last scene of the last episode gets me every single freaking time. XD It's so amazing. Actually, most of the last episode makes me get choked up. Also, episode 42.[/Spoiler]
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby steenajack » Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:32 pm

yukoxholic (post: 1363792) wrote:Haibane Renmei

[SPOILER]Kuu's day of flight and the afterward with Rakka cleaning her room while talking aloud to her, when Rakka's sin-bound and cutting off her feathers, and when Reki tells Rakka that she never really cared about her and was just using her for her own absolution.[/SPOILER]

That bit made me cry too. I love that anime.:waah!:

Tsubasa Reservior Chronicle:
[spoiler]When Syaoran was willing to help Sakura, even if that meant that she wouldn't remember him.[/spoiler]
:waah!::waah!::waah!: It was so sweet and sad at the same time.
Please, feel free to check out my sites:

My Deviant Art[/color]
MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!
My FictionPress[/color]
My tumblr[/color] Read...fave...reblog...repeat...
steenajack

Postby SeraphicCharm » Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:46 pm

i've never actually cried for an anime, but i've come pretty darn close a few times!

Oban Star Racers:
[SPOILER]When Jordan becomes the avatar and he and Molly are parted forever, even though he loves her!!! And as she leaves, tears roll down his cheeks! It's so sad![/SPOILER]

Neo Angelique Abyss:
[SPOILER]When Angelique becomes the Queen. She, too, will probably never see her friends again, and she was so scared of being alone for many, many years after finally finding her true friends. Rayne hates even the thought of her leaving, and when she does finally go he doesn't want her to. He runs after her, crying and yelling for her, but she has to leave anyway. The two of them should have stayed together!!!!![/SPOILER]
SeraphicCharm

Postby AnimeGirl » Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:12 pm

Whether it's a plot spoiler, or episode spoiler, or not even a spoiler, I'll wrap it up anyway so that you, when you see it, you won't be expecting it... ^_-

Angelic Layer (anime), I teared up at these parts....

[SPOILER]When Sai was remembering her sister, who passed away. She's the reason she plays Angelic Layer.
When Shuko finally revealed herself to Misaki, and Misaki ran out in the rain and started crying, admiting she had been lying to herself, that she in fact is not alright.
When the two of them find each other in the rain and both start crying[/SPOILER]

Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles (anime), I almost teared up on these parts....

[SPOILER]When the evil lord's son destroyed Chu'Nyan's mother's hijutsu fan, and she started crying, because it was the last thing she had of her mother.
A flashback of Chu'Nyan, after her mother was killed, and the evil lord took her body so her spirit will not rise to heaven.
Oh, and the first memory Sakura retrieved where Syaoran was cut out.[/SPOILER]

And in Cardcaptors....

[SPOILER]In the episode "Seeing Is Believing" when they go back to the forest to find out if that woman really is Sakura's mother, and she sees her again, but she starts to get further and further away and she's running toward her, begging her to come back, and then she falls of the cliff, and discovers it's a Clow card.
In the last episode, "Revelations Part 2", when Li tells Sakura he has to return home, and she's alone in her room, all sad, and says "I just can't believe this. Li's really gone.." and then her tear creates a new Star Card, The Hope. Gets me every time![/SPOILER]
[SPOILER]

There's probably more, but that's all I can think of.
"For what use is there in praying if you will only hear what you want to hear." - As I Lay Dying *The Sound Of Truth*

Let's make an AMV together!

Kokoro no Uta The thoughts of an aspiring mangaka (yeah...this is my blog >.>)

Ooh look! I have fanfiction! YAY!!!!!!!
http://www.fanfiction.net/~sevencandlesticks
If you like Tsubasa and Cardcaptors, then you might like what I've written (if I didn't slaughter the series... XD)

He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds - Pslam 147:3
AnimeGirl

Postby Wyntre Rose » Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:09 pm

Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles:
[spoiler] Syaoran's heartbreak at Sakura not recognizing him when she first wakes up after her memories have been scattered - and Fai and Kurogane's kudans shielding him in the rain...
Fai...almost everything that happens to, or is revealed about him during and after the Tokyo acid arc. Especially when he is made to stab Sakura, and when he realizes he didn't kill his twin after all...
Kurogane's past revealed in the Recort Library incident. Doesn't quite hit Fai levels of woobieness, but geez...if you didn't find Kurogane sympathetic up until this point, you will once you watch/read this arc...
Methinks we need to get the Tsubasa cast some serious counseling. There's more, I know, I just can't think of them right now. [/spoiler]
Wyntre Rose

Postby AnimeGirl » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:27 pm

Wyntre Rose (post: 1363910) wrote:Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles:
[spoiler] Syaoran's heartbreak at Sakura not recognizing him when she first wakes up after her memories have been scattered - and Fai and Kurogane's kudans shielding him in the rain...
Fai...almost everything that happens to, or is revealed about him during and after the Tokyo acid arc. Especially when he is made to stab Sakura, and when he realizes he didn't kill his twin after all...
Kurogane's past revealed in the Recort Library incident. Doesn't quite hit Fai levels of woobieness, but geez...if you didn't find Kurogane sympathetic up until this point, you will once you watch/read this arc...
Methinks we need to get the Tsubasa cast some serious counseling. There's more, I know, I just can't think of them right now. [/spoiler]

Ahhh...that sums up all the sad parts right there....
It's hard to hold back tears with this series! Anime or manga (I enjoy both), it's so emotional! Violent at times, but in an emotional sort of way?
"For what use is there in praying if you will only hear what you want to hear." - As I Lay Dying *The Sound Of Truth*

Let's make an AMV together!

Kokoro no Uta The thoughts of an aspiring mangaka (yeah...this is my blog >.>)

Ooh look! I have fanfiction! YAY!!!!!!!
http://www.fanfiction.net/~sevencandlesticks
If you like Tsubasa and Cardcaptors, then you might like what I've written (if I didn't slaughter the series... XD)

He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds - Pslam 147:3
AnimeGirl

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:08 am

Oh boy, here we go....

Anime

Full Metal Alchemist (first one)

[spoiler]When Nina was turned into a chimera and killed
When Al thought Ed made his memories and then Ed told him what he really wanted to ask
When Hughes died, and at the funeral
When Scar died
When Ed died (and basically the whole of episode 51, and for about a week afterwards)[/spoiler]

Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood

[spoiler]I nearly cried at Hughes's funeral, but I haven't cried anywhere else simply because I already know exactly what's going to happen since I read the manga first.[/spoiler]

Haibane Renmei

[spoiler]Kuu's Day of Flight
When Reki said she didn't actually care for Rakka, and when Rakka saved Reki[/spoiler]

Wolf's Rain

[spoiler]When Toboe died (especially Tsume's goodbye)
When Cher died
When Hubb died
When Hige died
When Tsume died
(lol, this is starting to get repetitive)[/spoiler]

Death Note

[spoiler]When L died (I didn't actually cry, but I froze up and grabbed the front of my shirt and couldn't breathe till the end of the episode, so I think it counts :P)[/spoiler]

Jin-Roh: Wolf Brigade

[spoiler]The ending, duh.[/spoiler]

Manga

Full Metal Alchemist

[spoiler]When it looks like Mustang killed Maria Ross
When Lust seemed to have killed Mustang, but then Mustang comes back
When Mustang nearly lost it and was about to kill Envy for his own satisfaction, and when Hawkeye stopped him
When Greed/Ling offered his Philosopher's Stone to heal Fuu (mainly just because I predicted something like that would happen)
When Mustang held Hawkeye close and apologized to her after her neck got sliced[/spoiler]

Monster

[spoiler]Basically whenever Grimmer comes on stage after you learn about his son T_T
Um, yeah, the whole ending, really[/spoiler]
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby rocklobster » Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:03 am

I have all of you beat. I present the saddest anime ever:
Now and Then, Here and There
Grave of the Fireflies
Saikano
Every moment of these titles is a downer.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby TheSubtleDoctor » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:59 am

rocklobster (post: 1364230) wrote:I have all of you beat. I present the saddest anime ever:
Now and Then, Here and There

Once I let a friend borrow both NTHT and Jubei-chan simultaneously. He watched them back to back. I could not handle that, man.
TheSubtleDoctor

Postby Bobtheduck » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:23 pm

One of these threads again... Oh, let me count the ways (or... the number, I guess).

Grave of the Fireflies. Need I say more?

Bokura no... From about episode 3 on. Mother of Pearl, that show is depressing.

I cried in Bitter Virgin, I think.

I cried when (Naruto)[spoiler]Kakashi died in Naruto... until he came back. *grr* I also cried when it looked like Hinata died... Until Sakura and crew came to save the day. *grr* Now I just cry because the story is so cheap.[/spoiler]

I cried at the last 2 eps of Air... I may have cried in the "winged girl" portion too, I forget. Just hearing the opening theme to Air makes me tear up.

I cried in School Rumble at the last ep of the anime, and a bit during the end of the Manga when [spoiler] Harima sees Tenma off as she leaves for America to be by Karasuma's side, and when Eri watches Harima leave. Tenma's time with Karasuma was pretty sad, too, though it does end on a happy enough note. And since SRZ suggests that Harima and Eri get married, the only character left without a happy ending is Yakumo. Her character design shows strong in Natso no Arashi as the main ghost girl, so I wonder if there's a reason for that.

I also cried when I thought the Captain of the fishing boat had died, and I didn't even see that he was still alive by the end of it because I wasn't looking at the screen when the revelation came, so I finished Season 2 thinking the Captain was dead. Which is the way it SHOULD have been...[/spoiler] At least it was only one time, and not over and over and over like DBZ / Naruto

In shows with cheap resurrection, the first major death / series of deaths is usually sad. Sailormoon, Dragonball, Naruto... For instance, Sailormoon's story is pretty cool if you just take season 1 and ignore the fact there were more seasons (and if you cut out about half the eps in season one, and shorten each episode by 4 minutes or so.) The ending meant something... that time.

So, yeah, anime I cried over early on included Tenchi (don't remember why, it's been a long time), Sailormoon, Possibly Akira (if I wasn't to busy cringing and closing my eyes to cry), and Kodocha. Kodocha was only the second anime series I got into in Japanese (I had watched Superbook, Sailormoon, and maybe Pokemon before that, only Sailormoon that I'd watched in English)

There are many more examples. I'm a crybaby when it comes to fiction. Not so much in real life (anymore)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby airichan623 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:25 am

I just cried the entire episode of Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion when
[spoiler] Euphemia died and Suzaku cried and Lelouch became insane. WHY DID SHE HAVE TO DIE?!?!?!!! Poor Suzaku... I almost agreed with his views at the beginning of the series- now he sounds like Sasuke (ironically their both voiced by Yuri Lowenthal) [/spoiler]

....I'm totally bawling right now...

airichan623

Postby Atria35 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:46 pm

Two series are brought to mind- the entire second-to-last and last episode of Tokyo Magnitude 8.0,
" wrote:[color="Black"]when Mirai finds out that that Yuki really died in the hospital[/color]

And the entire last episode of the Aria series.
Atria35

Postby MightiMidget » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:37 pm

Trigun (anime):

[SPOILER]Wolfwood's death/redemption scene. There was total and utter bawling. I needed Kleenexes. I am tearing up just thinking about it now.[/SPOILER]
MightiMidget

Postby wildpurplechild » Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:36 pm

I don't usually cry in anime or movies in general but Wolf's Rain had me close. [SPOILER]At the end everyone dies!! I was so sad! Cher and Toboe's death scenes were especialy touching. [/SPOILER]
Heads up, I don't go on this site much these days...
The King is enthralled by your beauty; honor him, for he is your lord. Psalm 45:11
wildpurplechild

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:57 am

I unexpectedly cried in Kodocha! :wow!:

[spoiler]In episode 19, when Sana meets her real mother at last. First, I cried when she thanked her mother for giving birth to her so she could live and meet all these people and do all these things, when she could very well have aborted her. Then I cried when she went home and told her adopted mother that she would never have left, because she was her mother and she loved her. Tears were streaming steadily down my face by that point.[/spoiler]

And then I got tears in my eyes while reading the manga of Chrno Crusade when... [spoiler]...Rosette brought Chrno back from his crazy spell, and they talked about how important they were to each other.[/spoiler]
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby airichan623 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:41 pm

Code Geass R2
[spoiler] when C2 had flashbacks
and when Shirley died. WHY?!? [/spoiler]

My Neighbor Totoro
[spoiler] when the older daughter runs away crying [/spoiler]

airichan623

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:39 pm

I've been crying a lot towards the end of the Chrno Crusade manga, which is very odd for me as mangas usually don't get to me as much as animes. But this one...wow. It's all because of the brother-sister thing; makes me think of my own brother, and what it would be like to be in such a position with him.

- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby airichan623 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:59 pm

I think Code Geass has officially broken the record for most times making me cry.

[spoiler] I bawled when the Fleiya was dropped and cried all the way to Rolo's death. I think Nina is a prime example of what must have happened to Oppenheimer, the creator of the atomic bomb. [/spoiler]

airichan623

Postby rocklobster » Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:07 pm

Just thought of some more anime that made me shed a few tears:
Gundam Seed [spoiler] Nichol's death. That is all[/spoiler]
Chrono Crusade [spoiler] The ending. Just the ending. Rosette did not deserve that [/spoiler]
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Next

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews