You can't fight fire if your truck is wrapped around a crossing signal!

Talk about anything in here.

You can't fight fire if your truck is wrapped around a crossing signal!

Postby Roy Mustang » Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:47 pm

Fire truck vs train

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Red"]Col. Roy Mustang[/color][/font]
Roy Mustang

Postby Tsukuyomi » Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:56 pm

Makes you wonder... Why did he.. Yeah.. :hmm:
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby Cognitive Gear » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:20 pm

Wow, that's crazy!
[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="2"]"It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things."

-Terry Pratchett[/SIZE][/font]
Cognitive Gear

Postby KagayakiWashi » Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:55 pm

Hit The Brakes!
"To be a good listener, you must acquire a musical culture...you must be familiar with the history and development of music, you must listen...to receive music you have to open your ears and wait for the music, you must believe that it is something you need ...to listen is an effort, and just to hear has no merit. A duck hears also." - Igor Stravinsky
Are you hurting? Struggling with something? Need an ear? Check out The Hopeline! https://www.thehopeline.com/CSDefault.aspx
The Blog! http://kagayakiwashi.livejournal.com/
KagayakiWashi

Location: Constantly chasing the dragonfly of love....or something like that

Postby Warrior4Christ » Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:59 am

Why no boom gates or flashing lights or anything? And WHY PARK ON THE RAILWAY TRACK??
Everywhere like such as, and MOES.

"Expect great things from God; attempt great things for God." - William Carey
Warrior4Christ

Location: Carefully place an additional prawn on the barbecue

Postby Roy Mustang » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:41 am

Warrior4Christ wrote:Why no boom gates or flashing lights or anything

There was, its hard to see from the camera in the video. At the end of the video, you will see that the fire truck took out crossing gates on that side and what was wrap about the fire truck.

The thing about the boom gates is, the fire truck was right over the boom and when crossing gates start to come on. If something is in its path of the boom gate, they can't go down and will go back up. You will still have the flashing lights working.

So this case, the fire truck was over them and all he saw was the flashing lights, when the train was coming and didn't have time to get out of the way.

The worst part for the city is, they will have to pay to fix or buy a new fire truck and crossing gates.

Roy Mustang

Postby ashfire » Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:52 pm

As a firefighter and one who has served on a county driving regulations committee I say the driver and the officer in charge of the unit need some refresher on safe positioning of fire apparatus at incidents.
I have heard of many accidents involving fire apparatus at railroad crossing and many of them were fatal.
One firefighter in our county was killed when the rescue truck he was officer on was backed into by a train.
ashfire

Postby steenajack » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:04 pm

Holy cats! That's awful! T-T
Please, feel free to check out my sites:

My Deviant Art[/color]
MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!
My FictionPress[/color]
My tumblr[/color] Read...fave...reblog...repeat...
steenajack

Postby Warrior4Christ » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:19 am

Roy Mustang (post: 1383511) wrote:There was, its hard to see from the camera in the video. At the end of the video, you will see that the fire truck took out crossing gates on that side and what was wrap about the fire truck.

The thing about the boom gates is, the fire truck was right over the boom and when crossing gates start to come on. If something is in its path of the boom gate, they can't go down and will go back up. You will still have the flashing lights working.

So this case, the fire truck was over them and all he saw was the flashing lights, when the train was coming and didn't have time to get out of the way.

The worst part for the city is, they will have to pay to fix or buy a new fire truck and crossing gates.

Okay, so there was a boom gate, flashing lights and a dinging sound.
Over here, the railway crossings start flashing and boom gates come down a painfully long time before the train actually crosses (and it does so quite slowly), and are raised again a painfully long time after the train leaves. So if that's the case, why is the truck only just starting to move off several seconds before being hit by a train? It just doesn't make sense at all.
Everywhere like such as, and MOES.

"Expect great things from God; attempt great things for God." - William Carey
Warrior4Christ

Location: Carefully place an additional prawn on the barbecue

Postby Bobtheduck » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:58 am

Warrior4Christ (post: 1383756) wrote:So if that's the case, why is the truck only just starting to move off several seconds before being hit by a train? It just doesn't make sense at all.

Because the driver probably wasn't in the truck at the time. Notice the Police Cruiser that was ALSO on the tracks? It got out of the way in time, because it's small. More inertia in the fire truck. They got it started and almost off the tracks, but not completely.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Wikiwalker » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:16 am

But why park on the . . . O_o . . . and in my very own state.
~~~~~~~~~~~

[color="DeepSkyBlue"][font="Book Antiqua"]"I love to be alone. I never found the companion that was so companionable as solitude. We are for the most part more lonely when we go abroad among men than when we stay in our chambers. A man thinking or working is always alone, let him be where he will."-- Henry David Thoreau, Walden[/font][/color]

[color="Pink"]TGJesusfreak: Is the chatroom gonna self destruct or somethin?
Chatbot: Yes[/color]

[color="RoyalBlue"]@)[/color][color="SeaGreen"]}~`,~[/color] [color="PaleGreen"]Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.[/color]
Wikiwalker

Return to General