My Sugar Gliderssss

Talk about anything in here.

My Sugar Gliderssss

Postby chibiphonebooth » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:10 pm

So as some of you might know, I got my sugar gliders last friday. They are very friendly and SOOO adorable!!! one is a WFB, and the other one is a standard gray. :)

I'm already picking up their personalities.
Pix is cautious and shyer than Totoro. He likes to sit off to the side and just watch what's going on. He's also the crabber. When i open their bonding pouch, Pix always goes, "ahh turn off the light! i'm sleeping!!" But he's very sweet too. :)

Totoro is super adventurous and is very brave. He BOLTS around the tent and the cage. He jumps up and down and up and down and sideways and upways and leftways and rightways! He was jumping all over me in the tent, climbing up my back and jumping off my head... it was so cute!

here's some pictures from our first tent time yesterday! It was great!

Totoro:

(continued in the post below) VVVVVVV
ImageImageImage

[font="Impact"][SIZE="3"][color="SeaGreen"]"Savannah's signature: ruining serious since 2008"[/color][/SIZE][/font]

[font="Georgia"][color="Orange"][url=yourtoesaremissing.deviantart.com]Visit my DA X3[/url][/color][/font]
chibiphonebooth

Postby chibiphonebooth » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:11 pm

Pix:

Pix & Totoro:

and then while we were playing in the tent, all of a sudden Pix whipped out a guitar and started doing these killer riffs. I managed to only snap one picture, but I think it captured the moment really well.

while Pix was wailing on the guitar, I turned around to see Totoro weilding the Excaliber! He also managed to sprout some hair too. It blew in the wind, and I wept.

It was an epic tent time, indeed.
ImageImageImage

[font="Impact"][SIZE="3"][color="SeaGreen"]"Savannah's signature: ruining serious since 2008"[/color][/SIZE][/font]

[font="Georgia"][color="Orange"][url=yourtoesaremissing.deviantart.com]Visit my DA X3[/url][/color][/font]
chibiphonebooth

Postby goldenspines » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:17 pm

8D

Awwwww, they are so adorable. <33 *melts from the cuteness* Which is which? :3

The last two epic pictures made me lol. XDD
goldenspines

Postby Roy Mustang » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:24 pm

chibiphonebooth wrote:Image

BY THE POWER OF GLIDESKULL!

And they are cute!

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Red"]Col. Roy Mustang[/color]
[/font]
Roy Mustang

Postby chibiphonebooth » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:24 pm

Pix is the one in the top pictures, and totoro is in the bottom pictures.

(i could have sworn i labeled them..) >.>
ImageImageImage

chibiphonebooth

Postby Roy Mustang » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:27 pm

chibiphonebooth wrote:Pix is the one in the top pictures, and totoro is in the bottom pictures.

You do, but you have Totoro labeled in the first set of pictures and Pix in the other set of pictures, when they are not together.

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Red"]Col. Roy Mustang[/color][/font]
Roy Mustang

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:37 pm

So you've settled on some names for them? Pix and Totoro? Awesome!
They're so cute. I'm usually not keen on people keeping native animals as pets, but you're so obsessed with sugar-gliders, the worst that will happen is that they will be super-spoiled. lol
Fantastic.
It's great you finally reached your dream goal of owning sugar-gliders.
What do you feed them? I imagine their diet is very different to where they live in the wild - the Australian bush.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Ante Bellum » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:46 pm

I want to touch them...they look so fluffy.
Ante Bellum

Postby Radical Dreamer » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:47 pm

chibiphonebooth (post: 1376373) wrote:while Pix was wailing on the guitar, I turned around to see Totoro weilding the Excaliber! He also managed to sprout some hair too. It blew in the wind, and I wept.

Savannah, ilu so much. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. That is so amazing. XDD

And they're SO ADORABLE!
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby chibiphonebooth » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:52 pm

Warrior 4 Jesus (post: 1376385) wrote:So you've settled on some names for them? Pix and Totoro? Awesome!
They're so cute. I'm usually not keen on people keeping native animals as pets, but you're so obsessed with sugar-gliders, the worst that will happen is that they will be super-spoiled. lol
Fantastic.
It's great you finally reached your dream goal of owning sugar-gliders.
What do you feed them? I imagine their diet is very different to where they live in the wild - the Australian bush.

well proper sugar glider diets try to kinda mimic the diets in the wild. they have 50%]

You rotate their food with something different every night, this keeps them from getting bored of what they are eating.

one night they will have chicken with mixed berries and veggies, another night they'll have eggs with mango and papaya and veggies, another night they'll have chicken with bananas, pineapple and veggies, etc. It sounds really complicated, but all I do is prepare it in bulk one night, and freeze the rest in ice cube trays. that way i just pop out two ice cubes, let it thaw, and give it to them. :]
ImageImageImage

chibiphonebooth

Postby goldenspines » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:30 pm

chibiphonebooth (post: 1376379) wrote:Pix is the one in the top pictures, and totoro is in the bottom pictures.

I could have sworn I could read as well. XD;
goldenspines

Postby Reon » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:43 pm

So cool =) I hear they can be hard to take care off - but with how cute they are... Pfff who cares
[color="DimGray"]
[SIZE="1"][font="Arial Narrow"]....[/font][/SIZE]
[/color]
Reon

Postby chibiphonebooth » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:08 pm

well they definitely are not a low maintenance pet. they require a specific diet which takes about a half hour or so to prepare every couple of weeks, they need a big cage, they need bonding time with you for at LEAST an hour a day, and they are colony animals, so they really NEED a friend (or more)- otherwise they can get depressed and self mutilate. :C
ImageImageImage

chibiphonebooth

Postby ChristianKitsune » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:45 pm

What is the purpose of tenting? I am curious. Also, what sort of cage do they live in? I've seen some pretty depressing looking cages... >_< But there was a fun one I saw before..but I would imagine that your cage for them is a fun cage :D

Pix is my favorite, he just seems like he's a sweetie,

ALSO whats the difference between a WFB and standard grey?
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby Cognitive Gear » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:47 pm

These pictures are amazing. They are cute, and when not cute, absolutely epic. Thanks for sharing! :D
[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="2"]"It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things."

-Terry Pratchett[/SIZE][/font]
Cognitive Gear

Postby chibiphonebooth » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:56 pm

ChristianKitsune (post: 1376463) wrote:What is the purpose of tenting? I am curious. Also, what sort of cage do they live in? I've seen some pretty depressing looking cages... >_< But there was a fun one I saw before..but I would imagine that your cage for them is a fun cage :D

Pix is my favorite, he just seems like he's a sweetie,

ALSO whats the difference between a WFB and standard grey?

well, a tent provides a safe place for them to just kinda run around, but its a small enough area that they kinda have to interact with you eventually. this helps the bonding process, because they have to come to you and trust you. :)

this is their cage:
[IMG]http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh312/ImaginationCake/sugar%]

its literally bigger and wider than i am. its hugeeeee. but they love it. Totoro bounds all over the cage. he goes up and down and sideways and upways and frontways and backways. XD (the cage has a bit more stuff in it now though.)

a WFB is a white face blonde. If you look at Pix, he has a whiter face than Totoro does. :)
ImageImageImage

chibiphonebooth

Postby ChristianKitsune » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:05 pm

OH wow! That's an amazing cage!!! :D You are a great Sugar Glider owner! ^_^ I can tell they are going to be SO happy with you!!!

Aww I see, he has an adorable face.
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

Postby chibiphonebooth » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:05 am

awwww thankss <33
ImageImageImage

chibiphonebooth

Postby ChristianKitsune » Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:26 am

oh savvy! i ot to ask: how old are they?
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:26 am

Wow, those critters are amazing! I wish I had the time and space for them. They're so cute :3
Shao Feng-Li

Postby chibiphonebooth » Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:08 pm

ChristianKitsune (post: 1376525) wrote:oh savvy! i ot to ask: how old are they?

they are both under a year old. :)
ImageImageImage

chibiphonebooth

Postby wildpurplechild » Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:31 pm

Wow! You know almost everything about those little guys! They must feel so loved! ♥
I didn't know that they ate meat either, I guess you learn something new every day. Have fun with 'em!
Heads up, I don't go on this site much these days...
The King is enthralled by your beauty; honor him, for he is your lord. Psalm 45:11
wildpurplechild

Postby chibiphonebooth » Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:17 pm

thanks! i've wanted them for about 4 years. so i've researched them a lot :]
ImageImageImage

chibiphonebooth

Postby chibiphonebooth » Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:25 pm

more pictures XD

ImageImageImage

chibiphonebooth

Postby TGJesusfreak » Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:48 pm

chibiphonebooth wrote:http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/h...10123_3061.jpg
wow they're awesome.

And really cute too. 8D
[SIZE="3"][color="MediumTurquoise"][color="DarkOrange"]EllaEdric's and I's collaberative youtube music channel[/color][/color][/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"][color="Navy"]TG's (me) youtube channel[/color][/SIZE]

[color="DeepSkyBlue"]"For we are God's workmanship created in Christ Jesus to do good works which God prepared in advance for us to do."[/color] Ephesians 2:10
[color="Red"]@)[/color][color="SeaGreen"]}~`,~[/color] Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

Join MOES today!
TGJesusfreak

Location: USA... Earth... the milky way galaxy... the universe...

Postby Dante » Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:42 pm

They look cute, but I don't see many pictures of you handling them. Are they cuddly or do they prefer to be away from humans and do their own thing?
FKA Pascal
Dante

Postby rocklobster » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:31 am

So, is Totoro ready to kick your butt on Guitar Hero?
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Sheenar » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:04 am

Congratulations, Savannah! They are very cute --glad you finally got to have your dream. :)
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby Mithrandir » Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:17 pm

chibiphonebooth (post: 1376423) wrote:...otherwise they can get depressed and self mutilate...

O.O They're EMO...?!?
Mithrandir

Postby chibiphonebooth » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:23 pm

Pascal (post: 1377410) wrote:They look cute, but I don't see many pictures of you handling them. Are they cuddly or do they prefer to be away from humans and do their own thing?

oh no, they interact with me a lot. at least in tent time. I mean, i've only had them for about a week or so, so they aren't like SUPER in love with me, but they do see me as a safe/fun place to hang out. lol :)

ImageImageImage

chibiphonebooth

Next

Return to General