My life

Talk about anything in here.

Postby That Dude » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:36 pm

Dude, don't give up now.
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby steenajack » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:25 pm

Hey Aiden, you never bothered anyone. We all really care about you and your well being. We don't want to see you hurt. We want to help you and encourage you. PLEASE don't just give up like this.
Please, feel free to check out my sites:

My Deviant Art[/color]
MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!
My FictionPress[/color]
My tumblr[/color] Read...fave...reblog...repeat...
steenajack

Postby Anystazya » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:27 am

Aedin. You told us you don't want people to give up on you. This is what you said:

Aedin wrote:One of the things that's bothered me most about people, is when they give up on talking to me because they think they're just repeating the same again and again or whatever. Telling me the same thing, again and again, helps reinforce it. Telling me the same thing, again and again, is never tiring. What is tiring, is when people give up on telling me things.

Then don't give up on us. We can't do everything for you. We'll try our best but that means you have to try too.

And if we didn't want to help you, we wouldn't post here...
[color="Plum"]Do not let evil conquer you, but conquer evil by doing good. - Job 40:2 NLT[/color]

[color="Red"]@)[/color][color="Green"]}~`,~[/color] [color="Purple"]Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.[/color]

[color="DarkOrchid"]~Anystazya~[/color]
Anystazya

Postby rocklobster » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:34 am

God doesn't want you to give up, Aedin.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby goldenspines » Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:21 am

Aedin (post: 1370746) wrote:Everything's getting worse and I Don't know why. Posting all this was probably a mistake. I'm sorry if I bothered anyone.

You must bear in mind that things will not get magically better right away. Things may seem to get worse before they get better (technically, as long as you keep believing the lies that you are worthless you will continue to beat yourself down with that, and a lie like that is hard to get rid of, especially if you've been believing it for a while now), therefore, coming back to God and trusting Him (and then people after that) will be an uphill battle. But, God will be there with you every step of the way if you want Him to be. Don't be discouraged, because God has a way to work out the bad things that happen into good.

And Anystaza makes a good point. Aedin, you can't complain about people giving up if you give up yourself. And as you can see, we have not given up on you. So why should you give up on us?
goldenspines

Postby Roy Mustang » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:47 pm

I think that you have higher expectations for yourself then you can handle at this time. You need to take baby steps first and remember that change is not going to happen over night or is it like a light switch.

The self worth

This has been said a number of times here by other members. If you look at yourself as worthless for failing the expectations that you have, then your going to keep thinking in a negative tone. Remember that God only has expectations of us that are not overwhelming for us to do.

"Only conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ" Philippians 1:27 NASB

God never gives up on you. I don't see anyone here giving up on you as well, so don't give up on yourself.

Take a negative and turn it into a positive

“Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence.” Hellen Keller

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us." Hellen Keller

Social anxiety sucks and its not something easy to overcome. I know, I have been there, but it can be overcome, but it takes time. Take the negatives in your life and turn them into a positive one for God.

One part of the Bible that sticks to me is the healing of the blind man.

The disciples asked Jesus why the man was blind.
Was it because he sinned?
Was it because his parents sinned?

Jesus told the disciples that he was born blind so that the power of God may be shown through him and then Jesus heal him.

That shows that God has a purpose for people and people born with a disability and he will use it for his glory.

This why I took all the negatives in my life, from having heart surgery, then finding out that I had AIDS from the blood transfusing from my heart surgery and I turn them into a positive.

Look at Randy Pausch, a professor of computer science that wrote "The Last Lecture". He received a prognosis that the pancreatic cancer that he had was terminal. He took that negative of his life and turn into a positive of giving a "Last Lecture" speech to people and wanted his kids to know about "Really Achieving Your Childhood Dreams".

Another thing thing is, when things look bad, don't think about the negatives in your life, but think about the positives ones like, I can use both my arms and legs, I can see and hear and don't have a terminal illness. Thank God for those and thank him every day that you wake up to start a new day and new path that he has made for you.

"You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body, and knit them together in my mother's womb. Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex! It is amazing to think about. Your workmanship is marvelous and how well I know it. You were there while I was being formed in utter seclusion! You saw me before I was born and scheduled each day of my life before I began to breathe. Every day was recorded in your Book!" Psalms 139:13-16

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Red"]Col. Roy Mustang[/color][/font]
Roy Mustang

Postby Aedin » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:11 pm

I haven't read in detail all the responses yet, but from what I have read, you all are right, and bring up very good points. I just had a breakdown last night. I also have a chemical imbalance, which I take stuff for, but part of me wonders if that is also part of why I am how I am.

And part of last night's breakdown, is I've tried, on a few sites, to make specific kinds of friends. I don't know if I've found them yet or not, and everytime I think I have, things go wrong. And I don't know if I can make those friends on thsi site or not, and I'm scared to trry and fail. And everytime I try, and fail, or things don't work out, it gets harder to have hope or believe anything will work out for me.
Everybody was haiku writing, Their wits were fast as lightning
In fact it was a little bit frightening, But they wrote with expert rhyming
Aedin

Postby K. Ayato » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:59 pm

Hey, Aedin. Been reading your threads. I found this song that might help you out a bit. When you get the chance, take the time to let the words sink in. It's called "Our God Is In Control" and it's by Steven Curtis Chapman.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoAYb8YmCwQ
K. Ayato: What happens if you press the small red button?

*Explosion goes off in the movie*

mechana2015: Does that answer your question?

K. Ayato: Perfectly.

Prayer sister of kaji, sticksabuser, Angel37, and Doubleshadow --Love you guys! :)
K. Ayato

Postby steenajack » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:17 pm

Hello Aiden,
I just wanted to give you some words of encouragement. No matter how many times you fall down in life, you don't have to be afraid to get back up again. God will always be there to help pick us up. Basically what I'm saying is, don't give up. No matter what you go through in life, know that you ARE LOVED by Him. And we love you too, that's why we're doing our best to help you.
There is a song by Josh Groban that reflects what I've just told you. It's called "Don't Give Up, You Are Loved". I think of it as what God would say to us when we're in pain or feel like giving up. Whenever you have time, go ahead and listen to it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-G8IfjPAII
Please, feel free to check out my sites:

My Deviant Art[/color]
MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!
My FictionPress[/color]
My tumblr[/color] Read...fave...reblog...repeat...
steenajack

Previous

Return to General