Tired and lonely

Talk about anything in here.

Tired and lonely

Postby Derek_Is_Me » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:06 pm

I've been working alot lately and I feel tired and lonely alot lately. Don't know why tho. I mean I have everything that I could possibly want at home. A family that loves me and friends that I work with are awesome. But I just have this nagging feeling like I don't spend enough time talking with anyone. I mean most of my friends from school I don't talk to anymore. I don't know when that happened. I mean one minute I'm hanging with them and having an awesome time and then the next thing I know I'm sitting at home alone trying to call them and they tell me that they are busy or have to go to work. I miss my friends. But hey. If you have any advice or just wanna say something. That would be awesome. Thanks everyone. ^^
Derek -The Daring Pokemon - A cool, totally awesome Pokemon that uses his power of song, medical skills and powers of cool to make others see things differently. He is not temperamental, but he likes to pull pranks and grins when you fall into his traps. Usually, he styles a fedora and prances around on all fours, he's all black with a white belly.

"Although I look into infinity. I only see the lords eyes, always shining upon my face and smiling in my heart. He will always be with me, no matter where I may go. Always watch over me lord. For I shall be eternal in your light."-Derek.
Derek_Is_Me

Location: Staring at you from your window outside. You have nice tastes in decor.

Postby Rusty Claymore » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:34 pm

Hang in there, Derek! I never have had many friends, so I can relate a bit. Just keep showing yourself as friendly and eventually someone will respond!
Proverbs 31:32 "...when she watches anime, she keeps the room well lit and sits at a safe distance."
Rusty Claymore

Postby Ante Bellum » Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:39 am

I know, I hate it when people never seem to pick up. Eventually someone's going to respond...Do you use email at all to communicate with them? I know it's not a substitute for actual conversation but it might help a little.
Ante Bellum

Postby Blitzkrieg1701 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:20 am

I actually know just how you feel. That's just how life is, unfortunately. Sometimes it mushes you and your buddies together a whole lot, other times it spreads you out. Don't worry. It doesn't mean they don't like your or anything, life just gets busy sometimes.
Image Image

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Purple"]For the love of Christ controls us, having concluded this: that one died for all, therefore all died; and he that died for all, so that they who live might no longer live for themselves, but for Him who died and rose again on their behalf. II Corinthians 5:14-15[/color][/font]
Blitzkrieg1701

Location: Washington, DC (when I'm not in an alternate universe)

Postby Roy Mustang » Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:33 am

I think everyone feels like that at some point and time, so your not alone. Just hang in there and know that people care.

[color="Red"]Col. Roy Mustang [/color]
Roy Mustang

Postby Tsukuyomi » Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:36 pm

Hang in there, Derek ^__^

I echo what the others have said ^__^ Sometimes, life does get in the way ^__^ Maybe, you should try emailing them ^^ Like Ante said, it may not be a substitute for an actual convo, but maybe it'll help arrange like a meet up or something ^^ Especially, if the other is also busy ^^
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby TheSubtleDoctor » Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:07 pm

It sounds like a longing for companionship-not necessarily of the opposite sex; girlfriend or best friend will do-which is very natural. Certainly you love your family and co-workers, but as human beings, we desire a connected/invested love relationship. We are made in God's image, and, even before the creation, God has never been alone (there is love and community between the three persons of the trinity). This sort of relationship between persons, however, takes time to foster. One has to put oneself out there, and there will probably be some false starts. But, whether it's a great friendship or a romance, pray for it and take steps to find it (w/o forcing it of course). I am praying for you, and I am confident you will find a satisfying solution.
TheSubtleDoctor

Postby Rusty Claymore » Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:57 am

[quote="TheSubtleDoctor (post: 1369825)"]It sounds like a longing for companionship-not necessarily of the opposite sex]
Derek, you've been presribed. n.n/)
Proverbs 31:32 "...when she watches anime, she keeps the room well lit and sits at a safe distance."
Rusty Claymore

Postby ShiroiHikari » Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:09 am

People today like to say we're more "connected" but I feel that the opposite has happened-- people have become MORE difficult to get a hold of.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Aedin » Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:09 pm

A lot of people in my town are like that. It's why I want to move out of my town, and why I've been trying to find friends online, instead of looking for local friends.

One thing I'll tell you, is I don't know where you are, but in my town, and a few people I've met, there's been kindof a stigma about how "online friends aren't real friends" and I want you to know that's not true. I've known people, in person, who were friends with each other for years, and then after I don't even know how long, five years at least, one of them broke into the others house and stole about a thousand dollars worth of stuff. They're still not friends today. So basically, my point of view is, friends are friends, whether they're online or not. I guess my point is, don't think one way of finding friends is better than another. I'm not the only one who has had this experience in my town, and I know I'd feel a lot worse if I didn't believe going online was a legitimate way of making friends. I've even met online friends in person, and have a couple online friends that seemed to be really enthusiastic (almost begging or something) for me to come out and visit them, so I fully believe online friendships can be real friendships, and develop into in-person friendships.
Everybody was haiku writing, Their wits were fast as lightning
In fact it was a little bit frightening, But they wrote with expert rhyming
Aedin

Postby Derek_Is_Me » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:57 am

Wow, that's some pretty good advice everyone. Thanks alot. I feel alout better now. ^^ And Aedin. I have the same thought about having online friends. But most people that I talk to think that's it's weird that I call the people I talk to online my friends. They tell me that I don't even know them in person so that makes me NOT their friend. I just shrug it off and say that they are my friend and that they like to talk to me. And Claymore, I think your right I have been prescribed. O_o And Doc, I think you would make a great therapist. That's some indepth psycho talk right there. Lol, no really thanks for the good advice Doc and everyone else.
Derek -The Daring Pokemon - A cool, totally awesome Pokemon that uses his power of song, medical skills and powers of cool to make others see things differently. He is not temperamental, but he likes to pull pranks and grins when you fall into his traps. Usually, he styles a fedora and prances around on all fours, he's all black with a white belly.

"Although I look into infinity. I only see the lords eyes, always shining upon my face and smiling in my heart. He will always be with me, no matter where I may go. Always watch over me lord. For I shall be eternal in your light."-Derek.
Derek_Is_Me

Location: Staring at you from your window outside. You have nice tastes in decor.

Postby TheSubtleDoctor » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:32 pm

Derek_Is_Me (post: 1370491) wrote:And Doc, I think you would make a great therapist. That's some indepth psycho talk right there. Lol

:red: Aww, shucks. Gracias, amigo, and may the Lord give you grae to weather this season of your life.
TheSubtleDoctor

Postby Roz » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:40 pm

[SIZE="7"][color="Orange"]HANG[/color][/SIZE] [color="Cyan"][SIZE="7"]IN[/SIZE][/color] [color="Lime"][SIZE="7"]THERE[/SIZE][/color] [color="Plum"][SIZE="7"]DEREK[/SIZE][/color] [color="YellowGreen"][SIZE="7"]-[/SIZE][/color][color="Yellow"][SIZE="7"]KUN[/SIZE][/color][color="SandyBrown"][color="Red"][SIZE="7"]!!!!![/SIZE][/color][/color] :rock::dance::jump::hug::dance::grin::jump:
Roz

Postby Derek_Is_Me » Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:33 pm

Thanks Roz-nee. ^^ It's always good to talk to you roz and everyone else. XP

Derek_Is_Me

Return to General