Favorite seiyuu/voice actors

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Postby blkmage » Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:54 pm

Someone I've been noticing a lot recently is Kana Hanazawa. She's been in a bunch of stuff before, but it was over the last few seasons that I kept on seeing her name pop up in a bunch of stuff. She's done everything from side characters (Kannagi, Bakemonogatari, Durarara) to main characters (Sketchbook, DtB2, Kobato), from low budget productions (Cencoroll) to feature films (Bungaku Shoujo).
blkmage

Postby steenajack » Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:11 pm

I haven't listened to too many seiyuu, but I have a couple of favorite voice actors:

Vic Mignogna: most people will probably know who he is. I'm a total fangirl XD!

Tara Strong: She has done both male and female voices. She did Raven from Teen Titans and Ben Tennyson from Ben Ten.

Mae Whitman: She did Katara from Avatar the Last Airbender as well as Tinker Bell. I think she does Tink pretty well, but it wasn't like how she did Katara....SHE IS KATARA!!!! XD!

Zach Tyler Eisen: Aang! From the same show as before. Again, he does not act like Aang....he is Aang. Plus I think his voice is so kawaii!! Although, since he's older now his voice probably changed. I still love him though.

I think it'll be safe for me to say that I like the entire Avatar: The Last Airbender cast. Jessie Flower, Jack DeSena, Grey DeLisle, Mako, Dante Basco, and many more. They are all very awesome in my opinion, and the acting sounds very good....especially for a TV show. XD!

I also like the cast for Haibane Renmei, Hikaru no Go, Disney Ghibli dubs, and a few others that I can't remember the names of at the moment. XD! I shall return.
Please, feel free to check out my sites:

My Deviant Art[/color]
MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!
My FictionPress[/color]
My tumblr[/color] Read...fave...reblog...repeat...
steenajack

Postby unwritten101 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:15 am

I confess to being a total Vic Mignogna fangirl, but I also love Travis Willingham, J. Michael Tatum, Brina Palencia, Eric Vale, Colleen Clinkenbeard, Chris Sabat, Caitlan Glass, Greg Ayers, Chris Burnett, Larua Bailey, Mike McFarland, and Todd Haberkorn.
Even though I haven't watched a whole lot in Japanese, I adore Romi Park in FMA Brotherhood right now and Miyano Mamoru! :)
And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God and God in him. -1 John 4:7
unwritten101

Postby Wyntre Rose » Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:32 am

Nadia (post: 1366892) wrote: Junichi Suwabe (Keigo Atobe, Sting Oakley, Greed) *

Holy goodness, how did I forget him? Though I know him best as Fuuma from X/1999 and Cain Nightroad from Trinity Blood

Speaking of Trinity Blood, Abel Nightroad's seiyuu Hiroki Touchi (also Hans from Victorian Romance: Emma, General Cross Marion from D Gray Man and Seishiro from Tsubasa Chronicles) deserves a mention.
Wyntre Rose

Postby AnimeGirl » Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:47 am

ENGLISH:
Monica Real
Matt Hill
Maggie Blue O'Hara

JAPANESE:
Yui Makino
"For what use is there in praying if you will only hear what you want to hear." - As I Lay Dying *The Sound Of Truth*

Let's make an AMV together!

Kokoro no Uta The thoughts of an aspiring mangaka (yeah...this is my blog >.>)

Ooh look! I have fanfiction! YAY!!!!!!!
http://www.fanfiction.net/~sevencandlesticks
If you like Tsubasa and Cardcaptors, then you might like what I've written (if I didn't slaughter the series... XD)

He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds - Pslam 147:3
AnimeGirl

Postby ShiroiHikari » Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:03 am

Miyano Mamoru is one of my new favorites. Also Miki Shinichiro.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby rocklobster » Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:11 am

English:
Johnny Yong Bosch
Steve Blum
Crispin Freeman
Kyle Hebert (we're from the same state!)
Vic Mignonga (or however you spell his name)
Wendee Lee
Caitlin Glass
Travis Willingham
Richard Hayworth (Kenshin!)
As far as Japanese VA, I shamefully admit my difficulty in differentiating the voices. However, I do like Maaya Sakamoto's performance as Qwon in Rahxephon.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:28 pm

rocklobster (post: 1385804) wrote:Vic Mignogna (or however you spell his name)

Fixed.

Also, Mamoru Miyano is one of my new favorites, and Rie Takigumiya is fantastic as Al, though I haven't really heard anything else by her.
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby Lilac#18 » Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:29 pm

[color="Plum"]Forgot about other seiyu's and voice actors:

Voice Actors
Brian Drummond
Lalainia Lindbjerg
Laura Bailey
Sherry Lynn

Seiyu
Toru Furuya
Masako Katsuki
[/color]
FKA Selenite
B careful of bad habits u form when ur single. In most cases u'll carry them over into ur marriage! - Damita Haddon

"Apparently, it takes more than just the sword." - Mirai (Future) Trunks

24When you lie down, you shall not be afraid; yes, you shall lie down, and your sleep shall be sweet. Proverbs 3:24 AMP

@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

Lilac#18

Postby MightiMidget » Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:01 am

Some VA/seiyuu I find myself loving because I adored a specific role they did. I do tend to favor English dub for the most part.

Voice Actors:
Vic Mignogna (Favorite favorite. I definitely would fall under fangirl category with Steena. :P )
Jason Liebreicht (also fangirl of almost every character I've heard him voice)
Michael J. Tatum
Todd Haberkorn
Brina Palencia
Brandon Potter

Seiyuu:
Akira Ishisa
Hidenobu Kiuchi
Daisuke Namikawa
Ryotaro Okiayu
MightiMidget

Postby AnimeGirl » Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:29 pm

MightiMidget (post: 1385917) wrote:Jason Liebreicht (also fangirl of almost every character I've heard him voice)

Isn't he the one who voices Syaoran in Tsubasa? I was going to put him in my fave list, but I had no idea how to spell his last name. XD!!!
"For what use is there in praying if you will only hear what you want to hear." - As I Lay Dying *The Sound Of Truth*

If you like Tsubasa and Cardcaptors, then you might like what I've written (if I didn't slaughter the series... XD)

AnimeGirl

Postby blkmage » Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:02 pm

Mr. Hat'n'Clogs (post: 1385825) wrote:Fixed.

Also, Mamoru Miyano is one of my new favorites, and Rie Takigumiya is fantastic as Al, though I haven't really heard anything else by her.

I may have mentioned it before, but Rie Kugimiya as Al was the biggest surprise for me. This will be shocking for you too if discovered her other work and then found out about Al. In particular, she's famous for being typecast as the prototypical tsundere with her performances as Shana, Louise, Nagi, and Taiga. Obviously, she has an impressive range, given her numerous other roles, but it's that URUSAI voice that has earned her some infamy and loathing.
blkmage

Postby MightiMidget » Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:32 pm

AnimeGirl (post: 1385959) wrote:Isn't he the one who voices Syaoran in Tsubasa? I was going to put him in my fave list, but I had no idea how to spell his last name. XD!!!

Yep! Think that's how you spell his last name. *checks* SO close! "Liebrecht"
MightiMidget

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:45 pm

Wyntre Rose (post: 1346293) wrote:I don't know about anyone else here, but I very often find myself getting into an anime because it has a favorite seiyuu or voice actor in the cast.

Ohhhh, big-time.

I LIKED Yuu Yuu Hakusho when I saw it first on CN. But that was around the time I started getting curious about the original Japanese cast of any and all anime.

So when I got YYH in Japanese I about fell to the floor the first time I heard Hiei (Hiyama Nobuyuki).

It took me a while to get used to Ogata Megumi as Kurama but now I prefer it. In fact I like the entire YYH Japanese cast.

YYH has a pretty good dub, though. Along with Pokemon, FMA, Inu Yasha and Rurouni Kenshin, I appreciate the english voice cast and I wish I could name names beyond Richard Ian Cox, Moneca Stori, Richard Hayworth, Lex Lang and the guy who does Ed in FMA. -_-;

But there was just something about Japanese Hiei.
Fics an' pics from the Royal Otaku-ness of Squee

Heart of Sock!

"Those who never know a sleepless night cannot become strong; that is the rule."
Sailor Kenshin

Postby AnimeGirl » Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:19 pm

MightiMidget (post: 1385988) wrote:Yep! Think that's how you spell his last name. *checks* SO close! "Liebrecht"

XD!!! I wonder how you pronounce it....oh well.

AnimeGirl

Postby MightiMidget » Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:25 pm

AnimeGirl (post: 1386194) wrote:XD!!! I wonder how you pronounce it....oh well.

Lee-bret. at least according to the convention peep saying his name and introducing him on youtube. :P
MightiMidget

Postby AnimeGirl » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:48 am

MightiMidget (post: 1386208) wrote:Lee-bret. at least according to the convention peep saying his name and introducing him on youtube. :P

I always thought it was lie-eh-bret. XD!! I got to listen to his Syaoran audition again on Tsubasa vol.1

AnimeGirl

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:59 pm

After watching Kure-nai and more Tegami Bachi I'm finding myself quite the fan of Miyuki Sawashiro and her incredible range.
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:56 am

Wait, how could I possibly forget Ohtani Ikue?

Not only Pikachu, the world's cutest action hero, but Gasshu in Konjiki no Gasshu Beru!

Heart of Sock!

"Those who never know a sleepless night cannot become strong; that is the rule."
Sailor Kenshin

Postby Wolf-man » Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:04 pm

Japanese:
Toshihiko Seki
Koji Yusa
Masaki Terasoma
Kenichi Suzumura
Houchu Ohtsuka
(They are all the imagin cast of Kamen Rider Den-O:grin:)

English:
Vic Mignogna
Steve Blum
Scott McNeil
Brian Drummond
Wolf-man

Postby blkmage » Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:06 am

Here is something to help you learn who is a seiyuu.
blkmage

Postby Wyntre Rose » Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:51 am

blkmage (post: 1389926) wrote:Here is something to help you learn who is a seiyuu.

:wow!: Wow. That's pretty intense! Rather heavily weighted towards female seiyuu but still...
Wyntre Rose

Postby Wolf-man » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:07 pm

blkmage (post: 1389926) wrote:Here is something to help you learn who is a seiyuu.

That is weird. XD
Who were you addressing this to?
Wolf-man

Postby VerityDemortem » Thu May 06, 2010 2:25 pm

Yui Makino (Sakura from Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle) is my favorite. She has such a sweet, cute voice, and yet it manages to be strong at the same time. She's really good at portraying emotion too, of course.
[font="Times New Roman"][color="DarkRed"][SIZE="3"]" . . . silence is the language of the heart."[/SIZE][/color][/font]
VerityDemortem

Postby Firebird3613 » Sat May 08, 2010 5:29 pm

I don't really research seiyuus, so I can only think of two:
Kazuhiko Inoue
Romi Paku

English:
Vic Mignogna (yes, if I ever met him, I would have to restrain myself from being a complete fangirl and making a fool of myself)
Caitlin Glass
Laura Bailey
Todd Haberkorn
Robert McCollum
Eric Vale
Brina Palencia
J. Michael Tatum
Jerry Jewell
(in no particular order)
:hits_self <----This smilie made me laugh. I'm not really sure why...:lol:
Firebird3613

Location: I could be just a dream, in which case I don't live anywhere. ;)

Postby Wyntre Rose » Sat May 22, 2010 10:50 pm

Fully Updated List with a few additions:

Seiyuu:

Miyano Mamoru - Light Yagami (Death Note) Tamaki Suoh (Ouran) Ling Yao (FMA: Brotherhood) Kiba (Wolf's Rain) Zero (Vampire Knight) Kamui (Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle: Tokyo Revelations)
Masaya Matsukaze - Mikami Teru (Death Note) Kyouya Ootori (Ouran) Minamoto Raiko (Tactics)
Kenta Miyake - Orland (Pumpkin Scissors) Tsume (Wolf's Rain) Tsuna (Otogi Zoshi) Scar (FMA: Brotherhood)
Romi Park - Ed Elric (FMA and FMA: Brotherhood) Heimdall (Loki Ragnarok) Yuujiro Shihoudani (Princess Princess) Katsushiro (Samurai 7)
Maaya Sakamoto - Hitomi (Escaflowne) Haruhi Fujioka (Ouran) Takada Kiyomi (Death Note) Hamona (Wolf's Rain)
Jun Fukuyama - Watanuki (xxxHolic) Kazuki (Busou Renkin) Tooru Kouno (Princess Princess) Aidou (Vampire Knight) Lawrence (Spice and Wolf)
Yuji Ueda - Sagara Sanosuke (Rurouni Kenshin) Adashino (Mushishi) Makoto Takei (Fruits Basket)
Daisuke Namikawa - Fai Flourite (Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles) To Eigetsu (Saiunkoko Monogatari)
Sanae Kobayashi - Allen Walker (D. Gray Man) Akira Touya (Hikaru no Go)
Seki Tomokazu - Kyo (Fruits Basket) Ogata (Angelic Layer) Vaan (Escaflowne) Ryuuki (Saiunkoku Monogatari)
Tomokazu Sugita - Kyon (Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya) Mayama (Honey and Clover)
Nozomu Sasaki - Johan Liebert (Monster) Eriol Hiiragizawa (Card Captor Sakura) Mello (Death Note)
Megumi Ogata - Yukito/Yue (Cardcaptor Sakura) Shinji (NGE)
Daisuke Ono - Itsuki Koizumi (Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya) Yukito (Air)
Kappei Yamaguchi - L (Death Note) Subaru Sumeragi (Tokyo Babylon) Inuyasha (Inuyasha)
Miyu Irino - Daisuke (DNAngel) Syaoran (Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles)
Hiro Shimono - Subaru (TRC:Tokyo Revelations OVA) Kamina (Raxhephon) Tadashi (S.A.)
Toru Okawa - Mustang (Fullmetal Alchemist) Nyx (Neo-Angelique Abyss) Death Scythe (Soul Eater)
Hiroki Touchi - Seishiro (Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles) Hans (Victorian Romance Emma) Ovan (.Hack) Abel Nightroad (Trinity Blood)
Junichi Suwabe - Fuuma (X/1999) Cain Nightroad (Trinity Blood) Greed (Fullmetal Alchemist) Sa Soujun (Saiunkoku Monogatari) Akatsuki Kain (Vampire Knight)
Minami Takayama - Conan Edogawa (Case Closed) Envy (Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood) Dilandau (Escaflowne)
Jouji Nakata - Edmond Dantes (Count of Monte Cristo) Folken Fanel (Escaflowne)
Takehito Koyasu - Excalibur (Soul Eater) Hotohori (Fushigi Yuugi) Freyr (Detective Loki Ragnarok) Quinza (Hanasakeru Seishounen) Ranka (Ouran) Sa Sakujun (Saiunkoku Monogatari)
Shinichiro Miki - Mustang (FMA: Brotherhood) Mansairaku/Minamoto No Raiko (Otogi Zoshi) Yamino (Detective Loki Ragnarok) Creed (Black Cat) Keisuke (Fushigi Yuugi) Shetland (Last Exile) Lionel (Pumpkin Scissors) Allen Schezar (Escaflowne)

Voice Actors:

Vic Mignogna - Ed Elric (Fullmetal Alchemist) Tamaki Suoh (Ouran) Dark (DNAngel) Fai D. Flourite (Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles)
J. Michael Tatum - Kyouya (Ouran) Komui (D. Gray Man) Seishiro (Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles) Doumeki (xxxHolic) Jirou (Black Blood Brothers) Age (Heroic Age)
Luci Christian - Hunny (Ouran) Duck (Princess Tutu) Lenalee (D. Gray Man) Wrath (FMA) Risa Harada (DNAngel)
Caitlin Glass - Haruhi (Ouran) Winry (FMA)
Jerry Jewell - Kyo (Fruits Basket) Barry the Chopper (FMA) Claire Stanfield (Baccano!) Jimmy Kudo (Detective Conan)
Jason Liebrecht - Alphonse Heidrich (FMA movie) Syaoran (Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles) Luck Gandor (Baccano!) Lavi and Millenium Earl (D. Gray Man)
Greg Ayres - Kaoru (Ouran) Satoshi (DNAngel) Heimdall (Loki Ragnarok)
Todd Haberkorn - Hikaru (Ouran) Allen Walker (D Gray Man) Watanuki (xxxHolic)
John Burgmeier - Shigure (Fruits Basket) Tetsuya (Ouran)
Travis Willingham - Roy Mustang (FMA) Mori (Ouran) Ginko (Mushishi)
Chris Sabat - Armstrong (FMA) Ayame (Fruits Basket) Kurogane (Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles)
Wyntre Rose

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Sun May 23, 2010 8:17 am

Don't forget that Ogata Megumi is also YYH's Kurama!

And Rayearth 2's Eagle!

Heart of Sock!

Sailor Kenshin

Postby Wyntre Rose » Sun May 23, 2010 10:32 am

lol...well, I wasn't really trying to give an exhaustive list of all the seiyuus' roles (that would make this already rather long list absolutely gigantic - Even just listing all of Takehito Koyasu's roles would, I'm pretty sure, take up all the space I'm allowed in one post - the man's the most prolific seiyuu ever, I hear). More just giving examples of what I have heard them perform. And I've never seen Yu Yu Hakusho - which is what I am assuming YYH stands for? And Rayearth 2 I have seen, but it's been a really long time...and Megumi Ogata wasn't on my "radar" yet at that time. I'll have to watch it again. :)
Wyntre Rose

Postby AnimeGirl » Wed May 26, 2010 2:46 pm

Ooh! Ooh! I am so happy, I am actually able to recognize seiyuu. Usually I am so bad at this....but when I was watching Angelic Layer in Japanese, when I heard Koutaro's voice, I'm all like "Hey, he sounds like the seiyuu for Watanuki!" and he was! And I was just thinking about Spirited Away, and was thinking "Ya know, Haku could be the same voice as Syaoran" and he was!

Now to update my list.....

ENGLISH:
Monica Rial (Sakura in Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles), (Tamayo in Angelic Layer), (Mail & Tail in Heroic Age)
Jason Liebrecht (Syaoran in Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles)
Matt Hill (Kero in Cardcaptors), (Some guy in Hamtaro)
Sam Vincent (Julian/Yue in Cardcaptors), (Hikaru in Hikaru no Go!)
Vic Mignogna (Fai in Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles), (The host in Angelic Layer)
Maggie Blue O'Hara (Madison in Cardcaptors)

SEIYUU:
Yui Makino (Sakura in Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles)
Miyu Irino (Syaoran in Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles), (Haku in Spirited Away)
Jun Fukuyama (Watanuki in xxxHOLiC), (Koutaro in Angelic Layer)

OK I'm done! Hopefully I got all my seiyuu list correct. XD!!!! I don't watch anime in it's original language that often (though I'm planning to try and watch it equally as the dub, since I am learning Japanese).

AnimeGirl

Postby crazypackersfan » Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:00 am

I don't listen to the Japanese casts too often, although I have to admit I do really like Aya Hirano. So here are my favorite English dub VAs:

5. Willow Johnson (Kikyo) Her mature-sounding voice was perfect as Kikyo, hers was the best from InuYasha.

4. Lisa Ortiz (Lina Inverse, many Pokemon voices) I know her best from Pokemon, where she was so great as Sabrina in the early episodes.

3. Stephanie Sheh (Orihime Inoue, Mikuru Asahina, Hinata Hyuga) Absolutely brilliant at her role, usually the cute nervous moe girl. But she can do other stuff too, like the deep-voiced Yoshi from the Bleach Bount filler.

2. Tiffany Grant (Asuka Langley Soryu) That one role alone is one of the most memorable in all of anime.

1. Wendee Lee (Haruhi Suzumiya, Faye Valentine, Yoruichi Shihoin, the list goes on and on) Amazing range. You can't tell that she does all these different characters. I want to meet her so badly at a con so I can get my Haruhi stuff signed.
Anime Bowl (my blog) - the most unusual anime blog possible
crazypackersfan

Previous Next

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews