Who loves sushi?

Talk about anything in here.

Who loves sushi?

Postby Doubleshadow » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:12 pm

I adore sushi (I stick to being a vegan as much as possible with the exception of seafood). I go to my favorite place and eat everything in sight, much to the amusement of both my friends and the staff.

Anybody else? (I know of one at least XD)
[color="Red"]As a man thinks in his heart, so is he. - Proverbs 23:7[/color]

The Sundries
Robin: "If we close our eyes, we can't see anything."
Batman: "A sound observation, Robin."
Doubleshadow

Postby Tsukuyomi » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:22 pm

I love me a Cali-Roll 8D~~~

I should buy some stuff to make some 8(

What all kinds/varieties of sushi are there out there ^^?
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:31 pm

Oh God I can eat this stuff for hours on end. Nonstop. My favorites are grilled eel, salmon, white mackeral, tilapia, and shrimp. <3
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby TheSubtleDoctor » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:36 pm

HUGE sushi fan here. Sadly, I cannot get my absolute most favorite roll anymore b/c it is a specialty served at the sushi place where I used to live. It's called "The Black and Blue" and is blackened tuna with blue cheese. SO good! I make due w/ smoked salmon, and other tuna rolls though. *sigh* Wish my wife liked sushi... :sniffle:
TheSubtleDoctor

Postby Gelka » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:38 pm

I love shrimp and eel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SUSHI!!!!!!<33333333333333
That Dude (post: 1385194) wrote:When God made Gelka, he decided to mix bubbles, rainbows, sharks, cupcakes, chocolate chips, puppies, kitties, and fun all into one bunch.

[color="Pink"]chatbot 01:50 - Wind asks, how does Gelka look Squished???
My answer: O.O[/color]
Gelka

Postby ClosetOtaku » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:41 pm

I love sushi. Some observations:

1. Best sushi I've ever had: Ginza district, Tokyo. It was a small shop that only sold bento-like boxes. The rice was like velvet on the tongue.

2. Most sushi in Tokyo (or most of Japan) beats anything you will find in the continental U.S. Even the stuff you find in the 7-11s there surpasses most supermarket stuff here.

3. Nicest Sushi dining experience: Sushi Sasabune in Honolulu. Go to the Sushi Bar and let the chef decide what you will get. Expensive, very, but some of the tastiest and freshest fish you will find anywhere. (Their rice was good, but not the best.)

4. I've found most places that serve "Sushi and...", like Sushi and Korean, or even Sushi at the faux-Japanese-steak restaurants, don't do a very good job on their sushi.

5. Yes, there was a Sushi delivery place in Seoul. The quality was usually very good. Unfortunately, they were only open for three or four months before they went out of business. I think I was their best, or maybe only, customer. The week they closed they sent me two of their finest rolls along with my order, free of charge.

...did I mention I love sushi...?
"If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." -- C.S. Lewis
ClosetOtaku

Postby That Dude » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:43 pm

Sushi was one of those things that I swore I never would eat when I was younger but now love. I'm just glad that the same things hasn't happened yet with Tomatoes...So gross.
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby Roy Mustang » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:49 pm

I never had Sushi and by doctor's orders, I'm not able to have it.

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Red"]Col. Roy Mustang[/color][/font]
Roy Mustang

Postby Lynna » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:01 pm

Poor you Roy Mustang! I sympathize with you, as when I was younger, I was allergic to wheat and Milk. Oh the suffering :(

I have only tasted sushi once in all my 15 years. Oh! how lovely! I don't really like seaweed, but it tastse just fine with sushi. Oh! how I would love to try it again!
Lynna

Postby Makachop^^128 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:38 pm

I'm a vegetarian but I love fish so I can't give that up, I'm really a cat nya nya :3
"We're not gonna die. We can't die, Bendis. You know why? Because we are so...very...pretty. We are just too pretty for God to let us die."-Mal

http://www.facebook.com/ShaylaChan

http://www.shelfari.com/shaylabot
http://myanimelist.net/profile/ShaylaBot
Makachop^^128

Postby Lilac#18 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:44 pm

I love sushi. It's one of my favorite foods next to pizza. The last time I had sushi was on New Years' Day at church. I was gald they had some at my church because I've been craving some for months. I came to the table where my grandparents were with some and my grandma told my grandpa "She's got her some sushi, she's been talking about some sushi." Wish I had some now.:drool:
FKA Selenite
B careful of bad habits u form when ur single. In most cases u'll carry them over into ur marriage! - Damita Haddon

"Apparently, it takes more than just the sword." - Mirai (Future) Trunks

24When you lie down, you shall not be afraid; yes, you shall lie down, and your sleep shall be sweet. Proverbs 3:24 AMP

@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

Lilac#18

Postby TheSubtleDoctor » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:29 pm

ClosetOtaku (post: 1366043) wrote:sushi...Tokyo...Honolulu...sushi delivery place in Seoul...

:mutter:

...no one likes you...
TheSubtleDoctor

Postby Doubleshadow » Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:21 pm

Tsukuyomi (post: 1366022) wrote:I love me a Cali-Roll 8D~~~

I should buy some stuff to make some 8(

What all kinds/varieties of sushi are there out there ^^?

Which kind? XD For sushimi and nigiri sushi my favorites are tuna, white tuna, salmon, and shrimp. Tuna has a good texture, and white tuna is creamy. Salmon and shrimp both have notable tastes and textures. There's also lots of other kinds of fish, eel, sea urchin, octopus, lots of stuff.

Maki sushi (rolls), definitely the Cali roll, and the Dancing Tuna roll... list is seriously long. XD

ClosetOtaku (post: 1366043) wrote:I love sushi. Some observations:

1. Best sushi I've ever had: Ginza district, Tokyo. It was a small shop that only sold bento-like boxes. The rice was like velvet on the tongue.

2. Most sushi in Tokyo (or most of Japan) beats anything you will find in the continental U.S. Even the stuff you find in the 7-11s there surpasses most supermarket stuff here.

3. Nicest Sushi dining experience: Sushi Sasabune in Honolulu. Go to the Sushi Bar and let the chef decide what you will get. Expensive, very, but some of the tastiest and freshest fish you will find anywhere. (Their rice was good, but not the best.)

4. I've found most places that serve "Sushi and...", like Sushi and Korean, or even Sushi at the faux-Japanese-steak restaurants, don't do a very good job on their sushi.

5. Yes, there was a Sushi delivery place in Seoul. The quality was usually very good. Unfortunately, they were only open for three or four months before they went out of business. I think I was their best, or maybe only, customer. The week they closed they sent me two of their finest rolls along with my order, free of charge.

...did I mention I love sushi...?

Now that people, is a resume.

The Sundries
Doubleshadow

Postby Ante Bellum » Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:23 pm

Japanese sushi is by far the best. My personal favorite is one I had, it was seaweed, I think some vegetables or something with rice, and a slab of raw tuna on the top. It was awesome.
Ante Bellum

Postby Arya Raiin » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:46 pm

There is an authentic Japanese sushi bar where I live, it's wonderful. Real fish, good rice, fresh seaweed. Love it! <3333

However, I tell most of my friends and they're like "Eww, sushi?" I guess that's 'cause of where I live. Oh well. XD
Arya Raiin

Postby EricTheFred » Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:50 pm

Mmmmm. A friend of mine and I go for sushi every Friday for lunch. Been doing it for years. Today I had Sake Nigiri (salmon), Shiro Maguro Nigiri (albacore) and an order of croquettes.
May the Lord bless you and keep you.
May He cause His face to shine upon you.
May He lift up His countenance and grant you peace.

Maokun: Ninjas or Pirates? (Vikings are not a valid answer, sorry)

EricTheFred: Vikings are always a valid answer.

Feel free to visit My Writing.com Portfolio

Largo: "Well Ed, good to see ya. Guess I gotta beat the crap out of you now."

Jamie Hyneman: "It's just another lovely day at the bomb range. Birds are singing, rabbits are hopping about, and soon there's going to be a big explosion."
EricTheFred

Postby shooraijin » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:23 pm

Sashimi.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Blitzkrieg1701 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:33 pm

I love me some sushi. I'm a real sucker for pretty much any seafood, but sushi is probably my very favorite form. Unfortunately, there aren't too many places around here that make really GOOD sushi. My pallet is unsoffisticated enough that I don't know any better, but a friend of mine who'se actually been to Japan tells me that I'm REALLy missing out.
Image Image

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Purple"]For the love of Christ controls us, having concluded this: that one died for all, therefore all died; and he that died for all, so that they who live might no longer live for themselves, but for Him who died and rose again on their behalf. II Corinthians 5:14-15[/color][/font]
Blitzkrieg1701

Location: Washington, DC (when I'm not in an alternate universe)

Postby Htom Sirveaux » Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:59 pm

Right up the street there's a Barnes & Noble right next to a big grocery store where they sell sushi at the Chinese food stand. Whenever I go to the bookstore for the next Discworld novel, I swing by and grab me a California roll/sushi combo (and chopsticks, naturally) to take back home.
Also, my local convenience store has Yan Yan.
Ah, the simple pleasures of life.
If this post seems too utterly absurd or ridiculous to be taken seriously, don't. :)
Htom Sirveaux

Postby Blitzkrieg1701 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:11 pm

You're living the high life, dude.
Image Image

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Purple"]For the love of Christ controls us, having concluded this: that one died for all, therefore all died; and he that died for all, so that they who live might no longer live for themselves, but for Him who died and rose again on their behalf. II Corinthians 5:14-15[/color][/font]
Blitzkrieg1701

Location: Washington, DC (when I'm not in an alternate universe)

Postby blkmage » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:25 pm

I prefer sashimi to sushi or maki, because I feel like I can enjoy the taste of the fish more without the rice. That's not to say that I won't have any, of course (eel is particularly delicious). I like to try different types of fish; so far I've had salmon, white tuna, red tuna, mackerel, red snapper, shrimp, squid, octopus, and my favourite: scallop. Closely related is tataki, but I've only had the beef variety (which is delicious). I want to try some fish tataki eventually, but the only place I know that does only serves it on weeknights, and I've never been able to make it.
blkmage

Postby shooraijin » Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:09 pm

Indeed. I like the fish more than I like the rest of it, so I'll just eat the fish. I adore red snapper, even the fake stuff. After that, some nice red tuna.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby ShiroiHikari » Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:17 pm

I'm not a sushi connoisseur but I do love me some spicy tuna rolls.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Strafe » Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:47 pm

Sushi is hands down my favorite food. My favorite type is yellowtail Sashimi. A bit more of a delicate flavor than the "buttery" salmon, though some find it fishy. I notice nobody else wrote that down, so I thought I'd put that up so people try it. Its heaven. I also like sea urchin alot, but only when it's good. Never order Sea urchin where you'd have doubts on FDA approval. lol. ouch. <_< Bad memories. Though most of the time, I don't go to places that have either one, and just get Salmon or eel. It's a bit disappointing, though I remember eating eel alot back in elementary school because my Mom told me it was chicken... XD

Actually, my Grandmother catches fish and makes sashimi out of it. It is the dirtiest stuff I've ever eaten. I think its called Toag... Well she catches it out of the polluted Chesapeake Bay, so I don't blame her. ugh...

And I agree that Korean/sushi restaurants are... not as good, though along with supermarkets, they're good for a quick fix. (I have alot against my own people, though I don't see Koreans as "my people")

Oh right. And I just wanted to put this up because I thought this was funny. : http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.com/2008/01/30/42-sushi/

If I were caucasian, I'd be a sushi snob lol. minus the snob.
This is an original signature
Strafe

Postby KhakiBlueSocks » Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:23 pm

That Dude (post: 1366047) wrote:Sushi was one of those things that I swore I never would eat when I was younger but now love. I'm just glad that the same things hasn't happened yet with Tomatoes...So gross.

YOU SIR ARE A TOMATO RACIST!!!! SHAME ON YOU!!!!

::ahem::

Anyway, I tend to like the basics (read: whatever I can afford when the mood strikes). My favorites are Salmon, Tuna, and of course your basic California Roll.

I do have a weird habit of sometimes disassembling a roll or two of sushi and eating the contents one at a time. Yes, I'm weird. Even weirder, I also really enjoy the little bit of pickled ginger you get on the side. I know it's there to refresh the pallet for the next piece, but I'll sometimes eat it on top of a piece.
Joshua: Hebrew -The LORD is Salvation

" wrote:RustyClaymore 11:27 - Ah yes, Socks is the single raindrop responsible for the flood. XD

Check out my new anime review blog, "The Cajun Samurai"

http://thecajunsamurai.wordpress.com/
KhakiBlueSocks

Postby Strafe » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:14 am

KhakiBlueSocks (post: 1366918) wrote:Even weirder, I also really enjoy the little bit of pickled ginger you get on the side. I know it's there to refresh the pallet for the next piece, but I'll sometimes eat it on top of a piece.

Yeah actually i do that too. but only for rolls. Not sashimi.
This is an original signature
Strafe

Postby ShiroiHikari » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:35 am

Hey, nothing wrong with eating all the pickled ginger. XD The Japanese eat it with a lot of different stuff.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby EricTheFred » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:55 am

I add it to my salads, actually. My local Japanese market (which happens to serve the freshest sushi in town from their lunch counter, since they're the ones selling the fish to all the Dallas area sushi restaurants; it's the place my friend and I go every Friday) sells the stuff in little tubs.
May the Lord bless you and keep you.
May He cause His face to shine upon you.
May He lift up His countenance and grant you peace.

Maokun: Ninjas or Pirates? (Vikings are not a valid answer, sorry)

EricTheFred: Vikings are always a valid answer.

Feel free to visit My Writing.com Portfolio

Largo: "Well Ed, good to see ya. Guess I gotta beat the crap out of you now."

Jamie Hyneman: "It's just another lovely day at the bomb range. Birds are singing, rabbits are hopping about, and soon there's going to be a big explosion."
EricTheFred

Postby WhiteMage212 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:41 pm

Lynna (post: 1366058) wrote:Poor you Roy Mustang! I sympathize with you, as when I was younger, I was allergic to wheat and Milk. Oh the suffering :(

I have only tasted sushi once in all my 15 years. Oh! how lovely! I don't really like seaweed, but it tastse just fine with sushi. Oh! how I would love to try it again!

I was once allergic to all dairy products but I got around that by slowly giving myself small amounts of dairy and what do you know, I grew out of it! anyway, The first time I had sushi was when I went out with family. I didn't like sushi back then so I just looked for something that wasn't fish. I saw what looked to me like chicken teriyaki roll, so I grabbed it and ate it. I told my mom, "this is good teriyaki!" they started laughing because I actually grabbed a fresh water eel roll. That was the begining of my love for sushi, but I still am getting used to some of the different types of sushi. I love the Catapillar Roll!!!!!
In the beginning, God created HTML...- R. Zion
Men cry not for themselves, but for there comrades.-FF7 Crisis Core
"If it's not the gun that takes you down, it's the pen- myself
Know God, No fear.
If it doesn't fit, you must edIT! MOES. http://www.christiananime.net/showthread.php?t=43825[/URL].
WhiteMage212

Postby Doubleshadow » Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:53 pm

ShiroiHikari (post: 1366977) wrote:Hey, nothing wrong with eating all the pickled ginger. XD The Japanese eat it with a lot of different stuff.

They also pickle a lot of different stuff. XD

The Sundries
Doubleshadow

Next

Return to General