What Movies are you Watching?

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:33 am

Watched The Hurt Locker today. Wow it was awesome. It was fantastic well acted and very intense
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby GhostontheNet » Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:37 am

Tonight I finished Joseph Campbell and the Power of Myth, and watched Dracula and Ed Wood.
GhostontheNet

Postby GhostontheNet » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:37 am

Last night I watched Northanger Abbey and Beetlejuice.
GhostontheNet

Postby GhostontheNet » Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:14 am

Tonight I watched 9, The Curse of Frankenstein, Session 9, and The Fountain with my friends the Coyles.
GhostontheNet

Postby rocklobster » Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:39 am

Just watched Adventureland. Good movie, but could have used reduction in drug use. They should've altered it for PG-13. (I mean if they took out some stuff, they could've made a good PG-13 movie out of it.)
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby GhostontheNet » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:20 pm

Last night I watched Stop Making Sense, Frankenstein, Spirit of the Beehive, Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist, and Mirrormask with my friends the Coyles.
GhostontheNet

Postby Scarecrow » Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:20 pm

I watched Braveheart last night. First time I've seen the whole movie all the way through. I had seen most of it before but I saw it in bits and pieces and out of order or watched parts of the edited version on TV.

But it was a good movie. It was directed VERY well. Very beautiful movie, if a little long. Probably not my favorite movie but it's definitely one of my favorites as far as overall production, direction, music etc... story progressed very well too. I don't care how inaccurate it was, it was a darn good movie.
"Take me down, shake me out. Give me a brain, that I might know You better"
Scarecrow

Postby KhakiBlueSocks » Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:08 pm

[font="Trebuchet MS"][SIZE="4"][color="Blue"]"Guess Who's Coming To Dinner" with Sidney Poitier, Spencer Tracy and Katherine Hepburn FTW!!!!!![/color][/SIZE][/font]
Joshua: Hebrew -The LORD is Salvation

" wrote:RustyClaymore 11:27 - Ah yes, Socks is the single raindrop responsible for the flood. XD

Check out my new anime review blog, "The Cajun Samurai"

http://thecajunsamurai.wordpress.com/
KhakiBlueSocks

Postby GhostontheNet » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:29 pm

Tonight I watched Gypsy83.
GhostontheNet

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:33 am

Watched Sherlock Holmes and The Lovely Bones this weekend and i enjoyed both. The Lovely bones has one of the most satisfying moments ever in cinema and one of the most heartwrenching.

Last night i watched Feast a campy horror film it was pretty awesome
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby LiquidOcelot » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:31 am

I saw Ghost in the Shell 2.0 recently and thought it was very good. I saw the original movie quite a few years ago. Mamoru Oshii is a great director.

Major Motoko Kusanagi is a great character! One of my favourites.
LiquidOcelot

Postby ShiroiHikari » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:55 pm

Watched Frost/Nixon last night. Very entertaining history lesson.

Hey GhostontheNet, what did you think of Session 9? I was pretty surprised by it myself.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby GhostontheNet » Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:24 am

Tonight I watched 7. Dawn of the Dead directed by George A. Romero.
GhostontheNet

Postby GhostontheNet » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:19 am

Tonight I watched Pan's Labyrinth.

ShiroiHikari (post: 1368652) wrote:Hey GhostontheNet, what did you think of Session 9? I was pretty surprised by it myself.
Stay tuned, my response to this one is a bit complex, but in general, I was quite impressed.
GhostontheNet

Postby GhostontheNet » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:17 am

Tonight I watched 8. The Dark Crystal directed by Jim Henson and Frank Oz.
GhostontheNet

Postby Adie » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:35 pm

I saw Invictus with my parents a few nights ago. It was really good!
Adie

Postby KagayakiWashi » Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:41 pm

Over the past two weeks I've watched.....
To Save a Life, Yojimbo, The Bad Sleep Well, Gluttonous, Kill Bill Vols. 1 and 2, and The Cat Returns.
"To be a good listener, you must acquire a musical culture...you must be familiar with the history and development of music, you must listen...to receive music you have to open your ears and wait for the music, you must believe that it is something you need ...to listen is an effort, and just to hear has no merit. A duck hears also." - Igor Stravinsky
Are you hurting? Struggling with something? Need an ear? Check out The Hopeline! https://www.thehopeline.com/CSDefault.aspx
The Blog! http://kagayakiwashi.livejournal.com/
KagayakiWashi

Location: Constantly chasing the dragonfly of love....or something like that

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:13 am

Saw Up for the second time, this time with subtitles so I could understand the story better. My favorite part, though, was in the special features when they talked about the rock formations they went to see for inspiration and reference for this movie, and one of the crew commented that "it was like someone put them there." My sister spoke up and said, "Maybe that's 'cause Someone did!" XD

I also saw Pitch Black and Dark Fury. Loved both, especially Pitch Black :3 Vin Diesel is always awesome. And I've just started The Chronicles of Riddick, which I saw a long time ago without realizing it was the last in a trilogy. A lot of things make more sense now that I've seen the previous two!
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby TheSubtleDoctor » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:46 pm

Zombieland! Hilarious. Laughed the whole time.
TheSubtleDoctor

Postby Adie » Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:20 pm

Last night I watched Treeless Mountain. It was good, but sad.
Adie

Postby GhostontheNet » Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:44 pm

I just got back from watching The Lovely Bones. Brilliant film, the critics who panned it were nuts. With its help, I have grasped the inbreaking of eternity into every moment's becoming. I can now see the world in a fashion more analogous to the way God sees it, where fear of subjective disconstitution is translated into the bliss of ceaseless becoming, for such is the essence of eternal life.
GhostontheNet

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:43 pm

Holy LOL.

Just finished watching Hot Fuzz. Great comedy AND a great movie. I can't believe I waited this long to watch it, but I have a feeling I'll be watching it many more times in the future. XD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:13 pm

Finished The Chronicles of Riddick. Awesome movie, awesome ending. And I hear that they might be making a sequel...?
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby GeneD » Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:11 pm

the_wolfs_howl (post: 1373039) wrote:Finished The Chronicles of Riddick. Awesome movie, awesome ending. And I hear that they might be making a sequel...?
Have you seen Pitch Black? It's the first Riddick movie and IMO much better than Chronicles.

Just watched Coraline -creepy, creepy.
I don't know what broke to make you like this, but I must be broken too if I'm standing here praising your destructiveness. -Rock (Black Lagoon)

As I had encountered kindness, I wanted to be kind myself. -Takashi Natsume (Natsume's Book of Friends)

MAL
Twitter
MOES: Promoting sane sigs.
GeneD

Postby GhostontheNet » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:35 pm

This evening I watched The Wolfman and The Lovely Bones.
GhostontheNet

Postby Bobtheduck » Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:54 am

I saw 2 movies while on the plane, waiting for the track and plane to be deiced. Saw Where the Wild things Are and Astroboy.

Where the wild things are was a bit disturbing toward the beginning... All the screaming parts... I got it all at the end, but is the kid supposed to be Autistic or something? Is that why he throws those fits at his age, or was he supposed to be younger?

Astroboy was pretty good, except for the really super cheesy "pure negative energy" and "Pure positive energy" parts, and some lines toward the beginning. I haven't read (ever) or seen Oliver Twist in a long time, but the portions on the surface really reminded me of what little I remember of it. I guess a lot of people are complaining that it's not faithful to the original, but someone on IMDb said this
I think most of the people who are complaining about it being different haven't watched the show since they were kids. And they're forgetting that Astro Boy's creator, Osamu Tezuka, wrote at least four different versions of Astro Boy's origins himself.

This is how I feel about most comic book movies, too... The comics aren't consistent, so why should the movies stick to the comics... Now, in the cases of limited run or one shot comics (like Watchmen, Sin City, Ghost world) I can understand wanting it to be faithful, but the average DC or Marvel comic isn't consistent in the comics, so a deviation or different take on it in a movie should NOT be a problem.

GeneD (post: 1373386) wrote:Have you seen Pitch Black? It's the first Riddick movie and IMO much better than Chronicles

I was warned about the fact Chronicles was a sequal, and therefore watched Pitch Black before Chronicles. Then I found Chronicles to be a disappointment. Pitch black was awesome, though. One of my favorite movies.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby GeneD » Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:53 am

Bobtheduck (post: 1373444) wrote:I was warned about the fact Chronicles was a sequal, and therefore watched Pitch Black before Chronicles. Then I found Chronicles to be a disappointment. Pitch black was awesome, though. One of my favorite movies.
Agreed. I didn't like Chronicles half as much as Pitch Black. It seemed too over the top and didn't really fit with the Riddick character from PB. -Also I did NOT like the chief villain.
I don't know what broke to make you like this, but I must be broken too if I'm standing here praising your destructiveness. -Rock (Black Lagoon)

As I had encountered kindness, I wanted to be kind myself. -Takashi Natsume (Natsume's Book of Friends)

MAL
Twitter
MOES: Promoting sane sigs.
GeneD

Postby GhostontheNet » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:43 am

Tonight I watched Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence.
GhostontheNet

Postby GhostontheNet » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:56 pm

Tonight I watched 9. Suspiria directed by Dario Argento.
GhostontheNet

Postby GhostontheNet » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:23 am

Tonight I watched Frankenstein and The Spirit of the Beehive.
GhostontheNet

Previous Next

Return to General Entertainment