What Movies are you Watching?

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby wildpurplechild » Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:35 am

X-men 1,2,3 and X-men origins: Wolverine. I love having trilogy parties. I really liked Origins, even if it doesn't follow the other movies or comics that much.
Heads up, I don't go on this site much these days...
The King is enthralled by your beauty; honor him, for he is your lord. Psalm 45:11
wildpurplechild

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:02 am

I saw Up recently. Gah, what an awesome movie! Obviously, I knew it would be, but still. I love how I go into a Pixar movie knowing it's going to be awesome, yet I always end up amazed at just how awesome it really is. I loved the dogs, the kid, the...well, everything, really. I really should watch it again with subtitles, though, because it was noisy around and I couldn't understand everything they said. Enough to get the story and the emotion, but not to fully appreciate everything. I think this was the first Pixar movie not directed by Brad Bird that didn't make me tear up - not that that's necessary to enjoy the movie, but since Monsters, Inc. had me bawling I was a little surprised at myself. Maybe the subtitles will do it :P

Then on Christmas I watched The Christmas Shoes with my family for the first time. :waah!: Gah, so sad, but so cathartic and wonderful too. I haven't cried so much for a movie since LotR: Return of the King (in which I bawled basically from Mount Doom all the way to the Grey Havens, for multiple reasons). Everyone was crying through the second half of the movie. So many emotions pent up in that. I loved it. And the song...oh man.
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby ich1990 » Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:56 am

The Endurance

You think you are a man? You aren't a man. Shackleton and his men were men.

84 Charing Cross Road

Very excellent movie. It is most certainly my kind of character/drama story. Of course it also helps that the whole film revolves around books.

The Italian Job

Fun and lighthearted spy movie. Nothing deep about it, but not having to think is sometimes an advantage.
Where an Eidolon, named night, on a black throne reigns upright.
ich1990

Postby Blitzkrieg1701 » Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:15 pm

I try not to be mean spirited about this, but I'll never understand how so many people have been duped into believing this is an interesting film. Well, at least I know that, with so much financial and critical success, a harsh backlash is GUARANTEED in the near future.

Donny Darko

Speaking of backlash, this is every bit as overrated as people (now) say. Good performances, and Richard Kelly's got a great sense of style, but the story goes nowhere and says nothing.
Image Image

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Purple"]For the love of Christ controls us, having concluded this: that one died for all, therefore all died; and he that died for all, so that they who live might no longer live for themselves, but for Him who died and rose again on their behalf. II Corinthians 5:14-15[/color][/font]
Blitzkrieg1701

Location: Washington, DC (when I'm not in an alternate universe)

Postby GhostontheNet » Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:35 am

Tonight I watched The Muppet Movie.
GhostontheNet

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:45 am

Sky Kids

-not movies but episodes 1-8 of Dead Like Me (Season 2) TV series.

Blitz, I'm not going to pretend that I think Donnie Darko is a great movie. It's well done but not that good. Still, I find it difficult to understand how you can say the movie says nothing and goes nowhere. It's not a movie about plot but characters. It's an exploration of the joys and trials of mental illness and how it affects the protagonist and his family and friends.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Cognitive Gear » Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:28 pm

Today I watched Is Anybody There? (Someone tell me how to properly punctuate that sentence!)

This is a good movie. Sad, but in the best way possible. Michael Caine delivers another brilliant performance. It does have a fair share of problems, but I felt that it was worth the 90 minutes.
Cognitive Gear

Postby ich1990 » Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:58 pm

Tomb Raider and the Cradle of Life

Stopped half way through with no regrets. Her punching a shark and then riding it was pretty awesome though.

Taken and G.I. Joe.

Both were just as great as I remembered them.
ich1990

Postby TheSubtleDoctor » Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:46 am

ich1990 (post: 1363715) wrote:Tomb Raider and the Cradle of Life Her punching a shark and then riding it was pretty awesome though.

:lol:

Love that scene. Hysterical.

That still cracks me up to this day...
TheSubtleDoctor

Postby Htom Sirveaux » Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:31 pm

Candyman 3: Day of the Dead. Good, but I still like Farewell to the Flesh best.
If this post seems too utterly absurd or ridiculous to be taken seriously, don't. :)
Htom Sirveaux

Postby ich1990 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:57 pm

Finally watched Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog. It was definitely worth the 42 minute price tag. Better than Firefly.
ich1990

Postby GhostontheNet » Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:08 am

Tonight I watched The Matrix.
GhostontheNet

Postby GhostontheNet » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:55 am

Tonight I watched The Nightmare Before Christmas and Blood Tea & Red String.
GhostontheNet

Postby Lady Kenshin » Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:27 pm

Let's see.

Princess and the Frog was fun.

Avatar was fun to watch at the time, but I slowly came to the conclusion that I hate it. The story sucks, and being expected to root against my own race left a bad taste in my mouth.

Sherlock Holmes was not perfect but fun.

District 9 was awesome. I love it very much.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

It's okay to be a fanfiction author... http://www.fanfiction.net/~loveslabourswon
Lady Kenshin

Postby ST. Attidude » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:51 pm

Lady Kenshin (post: 1364160) wrote:
District 9 was awesome. I love it very much.

I too, thought that movie was excellent and surprisingly original!

As for me, I watched the other half of Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
Even though, I finally can distinguish the autobots and decepticons when they collide, I still don't like the cinematography....
[color="Magenta"]@[/color][color="Red"])}[/color][color="DarkGreen"]~[/color][color="Green"]`,[/color][color="Lime"]~[/color] [color="LightBlue"]Carry This Rose In Your Sig, [color="Red"]As Thanks,[/color] [color="LightBlue"]To All The CAA Moderators[/color][/color]
______
[color="Navy"]ST[/color][color="Blue"].[/color][color="RoyalBlue"] Attidude's[/color][color="DeepSkyBlue"].[/color][color="LightBlue"].[/color].Portfolio Site, Twitter,
DeviantArt page
ST. Attidude

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:14 am

I watched Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix on DVD. I was relieved to see that my good opinion of it hasn't changed, though it still moves way too fast for my tastes. But the highlight of this DVD was actually the documentary about J.K. Rowling :3
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby mechana2015 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:24 am

Princess and the Frog - Last Night

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby TheSubtleDoctor » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:20 pm

Am I the only one who District 9 made profoundly sad?
TheSubtleDoctor

Postby Bobtheduck » Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:07 pm

Saw Avatar last night. I liked about 2/3 of the movie... Most of my comments will be in the Avatar thread.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby GhostontheNet » Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:17 am

Having restarted watching my top 13 films again in order, tonight I watched 1. Nosferatu the Vampyre and 2. Sleepy Hollow.
GhostontheNet

Postby TheSubtleDoctor » Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:52 am

GhostontheNet (post: 1364590) wrote:Sleepy Hollow.

That is an excellent one!
TheSubtleDoctor

Postby ich1990 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:44 pm

Just went to see Sherlock Holmes at the local cinema. I admit that going in I was heavily prejudiced against it having seen the trailer and seeing how Hollywood seemed to be messing up a very solid series of books.

As it turns out, they took so many liberties with everything that I found it difficult to be offended by its portrayal of the book characters because they were so far different from the characters from the book.

So long as one doesn't have any pretensions about this being a movie adaption and accepts that this is merely loosely inspired by the books, it is actually very enjoyable.
ich1990

Postby GhostontheNet » Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:31 pm

TheSubtleDoctor (post: 1364605) wrote:That is an excellent one!
Quite so.

Yesterday I watched 3. Pan's Labyrinth and 4. Edward Scissorhands, and tonight I watched 5. Let the Right One In.
GhostontheNet

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:06 pm

I went and saw The Fantastic mr fox yesterday and it rocked
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby GhostontheNet » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:03 am

Tonight I watched Eraserhead and the first half of Joseph Campbell and the Power of Myth.
GhostontheNet

Postby Bobtheduck » Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:01 am

I'm watching that Dragonball Z live action movie... It's at the part where Vegeta and Goku are both dressed in black for some reason and fighting in the rain with a bunch of Vegeta clones watching, and Vegeta sticks his hand into Goku's Chest, and Goku becomes another Vegeta and then the Goku Vegeta says "Is it over?" and a whole bunch of Vegeta clones die and the sun starts shining and all those people on Namek start shouting "The war is over!"... Good job on the fight, though. Felt authentic.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Bobtheduck

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:34 pm

Wait. That sounds like a scene from The Matrix Revolutions. I know Dragonball Z inspired The Matrix trilogy to a point but isn't that a bit close?
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby TheSubtleDoctor » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:09 pm

Watched the Bourne trilogy this weekend with my wife. I bought them for her for Christmas, since she loves those flicks. We have seen them all already, but not in a marathon session. They are still great, still make us cringe even though we know what's coming, and still make us go, "That was awesome!" It was a super-fun experience!
TheSubtleDoctor

Postby GhostontheNet » Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:53 am

Tonight I watched 6. Ginger Snaps and Candyman.
GhostontheNet

Postby Bobtheduck » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:57 am

Warrior 4 Jesus (post: 1365484) wrote:Wait. That sounds like a scene from The Matrix Revolutions. I know Dragonball Z inspired The Matrix trilogy to a point but isn't that a bit close?

Circle gets the square.

I also did the same thing with the Gears of War movie, where Marcus Fenix fell out of the air to fight that locust at the end, his face wasn't carved out stone, they didn't use chainsaws, and the only dialogue they gave him was 'Hulk smash' but other than that, it was pretty authentic.
Bobtheduck

Previous Next

Return to General Entertainment