Presents!(Someone's gotta do it)

Talk about anything in here.

Presents!(Someone's gotta do it)

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:57 am

So, what all did you guys get for Christmas?

I got an amazing group of presents this year! A pair of converse shoes stands out in particular, but I also got a 25$ gift card to Borders from my grandparents, a ten dollar gift card to Barnes and Noble, a new set of pencils, two how-to-draw books, a CD set with some other stuff on how to speak Japanese, three Relient K CDs, now only lacking their first CD, a new shirt, pajama pants, and a new blanket, the last two of which my mom made. And Frail Dreams gave me the third volume of Ouran!

All in all, great year, merry Christmas!

Now it's your turn.
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby Ante Bellum » Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:28 am

I was really expecting nothing more than a camera, but I also received a lap desk thing for my laptop, some noise cancelling earbuds, and - I kid you not - two cast iron tea pots. Oh, and tons and tons of snow.
Ante Bellum

Postby Fish and Chips » Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:42 am

I got a reproduction American Confederacy officer's sword, so the South will be rising again sometime shortly in 2010. Other highlights include Anansi Boys and the Prestige, the book and the movie, respectively, Forgive Durden's album from last year, Razia's Shadow, and Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box for the Nintendo DS.

Oh, and a small package with a note concerning the shipping of the Baccano! box set.

Great Christmas.
Fish and Chips

Postby goldenspines » Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:57 am

Fish and Chips (post: 1362606) wrote: Oh, and a small package with a note concerning the shipping of the Baccano! box set.

Oh happy day.

I got StarFox Adventures for my GC (because I still live in the gaming past), a beautiful new jacket, slippers that look like fluffy boots (they are so comfy too), a Sonic the Hedgehog beanie (dorky, but I love it all the same), a new ipod cover, and a few pairs of cotton gloves in varying colors.

Overall, a wonderful Christmas. But I loved it more for the gifts I gave than the ones I received. XD
goldenspines

Postby Chaos Aroura » Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:38 pm

I got a really awesome camera from my mom (She's a professional photographer, so I trust whatever she picks out!) and my sister crocheted a Zero plushie from Nightmare Before Christmas which rocks! (I'll have to post a photo of it) Other than that I got some nice shoes (one which will really help my feet, which I have problems with, so I'm in love with them) and some other nice things ^-^
Of course, another nice thing (it happened Christmas Eve) was my sister and Brother-in-law getting home safe through our flooded roads. Traffic was at a stand-still for over 10 hours yesterday due to flooding.

Merry Christmas everyone!
[color="MediumTurquoise"]"But the time is coming—it has, in fact, come—when what you're called will not matter and where you go to worship will not matter. It's who you are and the way you live that count before God. Your worship must engage your spirit in the pursuit of truth. That's the kind of people the Father is out looking for: those who are simply and honestly themselves before him in their worship. God is sheer being itself—Spirit. Those who worship him must do it out of their very being, their spirits, their true selves, in adoration."
John 4 23-24[/color]

[color="SandyBrown"]Count: You have one day sir. 25 measly hours!
Leon: …24
Count:…what?
Leon: There are 24 hours in a day.
Count: I believe, sir, that you are thinking of February!
~*~~*~~*~~*~
Count: I don't have a son, I'm not married... I may be a villain; but I don't fool around!!

-Neil Simon's "Fools"[/color]
[color="MediumTurquoise"]
"'For I know the plans I have for you', declares the Lord. 'Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future.'"
Jeremiah 29:11[/color]
Chaos Aroura

Postby Mithrandir » Fri Dec 25, 2009 1:15 pm

Lets see. I got a bunch of Dilbert books, Death Note Volume I Box Set, the audio version of "The Areas of My Expertise" by John Hodgeman. Oh. And an Aperture Science coffee mug and t-shirt! :D
Mithrandir

Postby Riggidig » Fri Dec 25, 2009 1:36 pm

LOTS of chocolate, cookies, season 1 DVD of Dexter's Lab, PS2 game, boxer shorts, shower gel, deodorant, 3 pairs of underwear, a bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon red wine and some money.

All nice presents, but what I'd REALLY like for Christmas is some company, cause I'm home alone for the entire weekend.
[color="Yellow"]My deviantART Gallery[/color]

[color="DarkOrange"][font="Century Gothic"]"Life is not about NOT getting hit. It's about learning to TAKE a hit, rolling with the punches, and at its worst, learning to get up after a knockout.[/font][/color]
Riggidig

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Fri Dec 25, 2009 2:47 pm

Textbook money.

YEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS. <3 <3 <3
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Makachop^^128 » Fri Dec 25, 2009 2:53 pm

I got a xbox 360, a steampunk pocket watch, a mp3, earrings, a old Victorian ring, video games, clothes, all the lord of the ring books, and star wars figures ^^ my parents went all out this year!
"We're not gonna die. We can't die, Bendis. You know why? Because we are so...very...pretty. We are just too pretty for God to let us die."-Mal

http://www.facebook.com/ShaylaChan

http://www.shelfari.com/shaylabot
http://myanimelist.net/profile/ShaylaBot
Makachop^^128

Postby Taran » Fri Dec 25, 2009 3:03 pm

Candy more candy fruitcake yea airforce guitar picks the g i joe movie a compact bible and a gift card to wal mart. good year good christmas
Taran

Postby LadyRushia » Fri Dec 25, 2009 3:18 pm

All the things I got, whether today or before today include:

1) Bacanno box set
2) Ergo Proxy box set
3) Tin Man box set
4) Haruhi season 1 box set
5) Soft purple puppy pajamas
6) A black and white scarf
7) Black gloves
8) A cookie scented defuser
9) Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
10) Super Smash Bros. Brawl
11) 20th Century Boys vols. 5&6
12) Pluto vol. 1
13) Catch For Us the Foxes (mewithoutYou)
14) A-->B Life (mewithoutYou)
15) $50 gift card to Macy's

Apparently, there's more stuff coming later, so Code Geass might be added to this as well as No Sir Nihilism is Not Practical and Age of Reptiles by Showbread. There might also be some more video games including Okami, Metroid, and Mario Kart.

Overall, a fantastic haul. I wonder when I'll have time to watch all of this anime, XD.
Fanfiction (updated 1/1/11)-- Lucky Star--Ginsaki ch. 4
[color="Magenta"]Sometimes I post things.[/color]
Image Image Image
LadyRushia

Postby chibiphonebooth » Fri Dec 25, 2009 4:27 pm

I gottt

today i got:
a sewing machine (which is great, cause i make plushies and will be also making cage sets for my sugar gliders!)
nice big ol' headphones <3
an external harddrive (yesssss finally i can back up all my art and music XD )
animal crossing city folk :D
and a collective $220 from my mom, aunt, and grandma. (all going to sugar gliders ahah)

i also got from friends
a penguin mug, jewelry, a shirt, Jesus wants to save the christians book by rob bell, and some otehr things but i can't remember them right now. XD

all in all, it was a really good christmas. not cause of the presents (well they helped lol) but i had a really good day just hanging out with relatives.
ImageImageImage

[font="Impact"][SIZE="3"][color="SeaGreen"]"Savannah's signature: ruining serious since 2008"[/color][/SIZE][/font]

[font="Georgia"][color="Orange"][url=yourtoesaremissing.deviantart.com]Visit my DA X3[/url][/color][/font]
chibiphonebooth

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Fri Dec 25, 2009 4:32 pm

goldenspines (post: 1362608) wrote:I got StarFox Adventures for my GC because I still live in the gaming past), a beautiful new jacket, slippers that look like fluffy boots (they are so comfy too), a Sonic the Hedgehog beanie (dorky, but I love it all the same), a new ipod cover, and a few pairs of cotton gloves in varying colors.

Overall, a wonderful Christmas. But I loved it more for the gifts I gave than the ones I received. XD

Win.

Oh, I just was informed a couple hours ago that my grandmother and step-grandfather sent me fifty dollars, and that my grandfather has something in the mail for me.
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Fri Dec 25, 2009 4:41 pm

I received:

- a bag of marshmallows
- some chocolate mints
- a shirt
- Haunt of the Jackals (novel)
- The Wild Things (Where The Wild Things Are - novel of movie)
- claymation Christmas story (DVD)
- several gifts towards children in less privileged countries
- nothing yet from my middle bro (Warrior 4 Christ) - hopefully Ponyo (DVD) or Coraline (DVD) or Flyleaf's new CD - Memento Mori
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Blitzkrieg1701 » Fri Dec 25, 2009 4:54 pm

All together, I got:

Black Cat vol. 1 & 2
Yotsuba&! vol. 1 & 2
Punch De Beat by Thee 50's High Teens
The Best of Rifftrax Shorts vol. 1 & 2
Japrocksampler: How the Post-War Japanese Blew Their Minds on Rock 'n' Roll by Julian Cope
2001: A Space Odyssey by Arthur C. Clarke
Doctor Who: The Last Dodo by Jacqueline Rayner
Space:1999 set two (though I don't have set one, oh well)
Several cool T-shirts
A shrimp sushi plushie
A Powerpuff Girls doll (Bubbles)
A universal remote shaped like a Star Trek phaser (we're pretty sure it doesn't work, but who cares?)
Lots of Pocky and random candy
Money, what that will go straight into future anime convention trips.
Image Image

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Purple"]For the love of Christ controls us, having concluded this: that one died for all, therefore all died; and he that died for all, so that they who live might no longer live for themselves, but for Him who died and rose again on their behalf. II Corinthians 5:14-15[/color][/font]
Blitzkrieg1701

Location: Washington, DC (when I'm not in an alternate universe)

Postby ADXC » Fri Dec 25, 2009 5:19 pm

I got the onyx edition of the game of Risk, the book "The Shack", the movies "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button" and "Mr. Holland's Opus, a box of chocolate, an AXE kit, and a $20 gift card to Best Buy.
ADXC

Postby ChristianKitsune » Fri Dec 25, 2009 5:38 pm

What I have received this year:

From Friends:
Crazy Love- a book by Francis Chan about how much God REALLY loves us! :D ITs sooo awesome!
A cute little coffee mug with a face on it and coffee. <3!
Twilight and New Moon Door Hangers (Weird but fun gift) haha
10 dollar itunes gift card.
cookies! :D
and a ticket to see AVATAR! :D :D:D:D:D
Some movies...and music.
~~~~~~~
From fam:

World of WorldCraft: The Burning Crusade... >_> my life is being sucked out a window now...a window with a minimize box! D8 (Seriously, like this game, but its way addicting...but I feel obligated to play it now >_<) I got this from my sister: an AVID WoW player... haha, didn't ask for it, she just gave. haaa~
5o bucks from my grandparents :D
10 dollar Burger King gift card
electronic toothbrush,
lotions and perfumes XD
candddyyy
An EASEL! :D (no moar painting on tables and making messes! :D I finalleee got an easel!)

My mom also ordered me a pair of IDNike shoes...she personalized them to be Dale Earnhardt Jr. shoes for me...(NASCAR fan here)
I also got a French Press Coffee maker, and a tea kettle :D Yaaayy!
OH. and an anti-twitter shirt...that was an accident. hehe.. My friends have this saying, "It doesn't matterrrrrr" (we say this when things are annoying but they aren't worth fretting over...) so my mom wanted to get a shirt like that, but she couldn't find one...so instead, she found a shirt with a blue bird that says "noone cares!" hahaaa.... took me a while, but I was like "Huh this looks like a twitter shirt....OHH!! HAHA!! BURN!"

yah, tried twitter...didn't like it. XD its too simple.

ANYWAYS! I hope you had a fabulous Christmas!
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby Radical Dreamer » Fri Dec 25, 2009 5:48 pm

Cool stuff, guys! I got...

Paramore's "brand new eyes"
The Dear Hunter's "Life and Death" on vinyl (stoked!)
Les Misérables on DVD (with Liam Neeson and Geoffrey Rush; <333 this movie)
Up on Blu-ray/DVD
Honey & Clover boxed set 1 (8DDD)
A really cool "Wicked: The Musical" pop-up/paper engineering book
An awesome hat
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince in some SUPER HEAVY AWESOME BOX XD

Aaannnd $50 from my grandma! My family went to see Sherlock Holmes tonight with my brother's girlfriend her family too, so all in all, a pretty excellent day! My brother bought my parents the 70th Anniversary Edition of The Wizard of Oz, which is this giant box with books and 5 discs and pictures and things in it, and as a gift for the whole family, we got Mario Kart for the Wii. XD It's such a blast. XD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Silent Seraph » Fri Dec 25, 2009 6:34 pm

sweet Dreamer !
i'm going to see James Cameron's Avatar sometime after Christmas (today YAY!)
thousand foot krutch: welcome to the masquerade,skillet: awake, cash, candy, Ps3 games, my first cell-phone (and i'm 14 lol) and best of all You Guys! /don't judge me :)
Life verse. Corinthians 9:27 [color="Cyan"]No, I strike a blow to my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize.[/color]

[color="Cyan"]If you pretend to feel a certain way, the feeling can become genuine all by accident.
Hei (Darker Than Black)[/color]

God. Family. Athletics.

[color="Cyan"][font="Arial Black"]M.O.E.S.-[/font][/color]Safe from the Scroll

[color="Red"]@)[/color][color="Lime"]}~`,~[/color] Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators and Administrators.
Silent Seraph

Postby Roy Mustang » Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:05 pm

Nothing.

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Red"]Col. Roy Mustang[/color][/font]
Roy Mustang

Postby KeybladeWarrior » Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:45 pm

I got:
1. Nintendo DSi
2. Batman Arkham Asylum
3. Dynasty Warriors 6 Empires
4. Figures of Luigi and Paragoomba that came in a tin box
5. Some hankies
6 Final Fantasy Dissidia
7. Lego sets
8. Wall-E pillow and quilt
9. sleep pants
10. Pocky-original
11. Paul Blart: Mall Cop
12. 60GB Hard Drive for Xbox 360
13. etc
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All
The CAA Moderators.

"YEAH TOAST! TOCAA!"
KeybladeWarrior

Postby Peanut » Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:03 pm

There is only one present I got that is worth noting (in my book). A Tupperware box stuffed with exactly 100 1 dollar bills...I've never laughed so hard at a gift in my entire life.
CAA's Resident Starcraft Expert

goldenspines wrote:Its only stealing if you don't get caught.
Peanut

Postby steenajack » Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:12 pm

I got a bunch of neat things, but what really stood out to me was a Manga Studio program and a tablet!!!!! XD!!!!! Digital art here I come!!!!
Please, feel free to check out my sites:

My Deviant Art[/color]
MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!
My FictionPress[/color]
My tumblr[/color] Read...fave...reblog...repeat...
steenajack

Postby ADXC » Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:19 pm

@ Peanut- THAT IS AMAZING! I may do that to someone someday just for the lolz.
ADXC

Postby RobinSena » Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:37 am

I got the Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo box set (6 DVDs + artbox, not the thin pack), Paprika, Gunslinger Girl Volumes 1 and 3, Final Fantasy VIII for the playstation (with a memory card), Krypteria - Bloodangel's Cry, Oblivion and Gears of War for the 360, random hot sauces, and some other stuff.. (Oh, and about 12 boxes of Pocky. Woo!) ^_^

Oh, and a wonderful case of Bronchitis. :(
FKA: ChurchPunk[SIZE="1"]
MOES: Sig. Or sig not. There is no scroll.
[/SIZE]
RobinSena

Postby wildpurplechild » Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:24 pm

-Candy
-Smore stuff
-Twlight: New Moon soundtrack ^_^
-X-Men origins: Wolverine
-Awesome sweat shirts
-gangsta raccoon t-shirt
-DIGITAL CAMERA!!!
But more importantly I got to spend Christmas with my family, and Jesus.
Heads up, I don't go on this site much these days...
The King is enthralled by your beauty; honor him, for he is your lord. Psalm 45:11
wildpurplechild

Postby rocklobster » Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:16 pm

Harry Potter book 5, $30 spending money, some candy, and electronic sudoku.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Htom Sirveaux » Sat Dec 26, 2009 6:04 pm

-Incredibly comfortable pajama pants & shirt (by sheer coincidence from 2 totally unconnected people)
-Old Spice deodorant & cologne
-MST3K vol. XVI (the special edition with the little plastic Tom Servo)
-New umbrella (a very important accessory if you walk a mile to/back from work every day)
-Blue Man Group 2010 calendar
-Chronicles of Narnia Companion Book
-$50 check which I cashed and spent on two Doctor Who DVDs (both Jon Pertwee)

Man, some of you either have a lot of connections or your folks are loaded.
If this post seems too utterly absurd or ridiculous to be taken seriously, don't. :)
Htom Sirveaux

Postby Lilac#18 » Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:13 pm

A download of Alicia Key's new album The Element of Freedom Deluxe Edition for my iPod.
FKA Selenite
B careful of bad habits u form when ur single. In most cases u'll carry them over into ur marriage! - Damita Haddon

"Apparently, it takes more than just the sword." - Mirai (Future) Trunks

24When you lie down, you shall not be afraid; yes, you shall lie down, and your sleep shall be sweet. Proverbs 3:24 AMP

@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

Lilac#18

Postby ShiroiHikari » Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:20 pm

From my husband:

- A very soft teddy bear
- A very soft throw blanket
- A second pair of Sennheiser EH-150 headphones so we don't have to fight over the headphones anymore
- 4 GB SANDISK SANSA FUZE MP3 PLAYER AHHHHHHHHH. AND IT'S RED TOO. It's my first MP3 player!

From my dad and stepmom:

- Cashew butter
- Cherry preserves
- Chocolate covered pretzels

From my stepbrother's family:

- Candy
- A little cross-stitch project kit

From my husband's grandmother:

- A pair of slacks
- A pair of shoes
- Two tops
- A scarf