Stupidity alert!

Talk about anything in here.

Stupidity alert!

Postby rocklobster » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:34 am

What is our race coming to? I have heard two stories where someone called 911 because Burger King screwed up their orders. How stupid can you get. But considering the fact that there's a Superman costume with the warning "Cape does not enable user to fly", I guess I shouldn't be surprised.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Bobtheduck » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:35 am

Yes, that is stupid, but we all do stupid things. We shouldn't shake our heads too much at people who do stupid things because others will be shaking their fists at our stupid things... I guess... But, yeah, wasting an emergency call because an order was wrong... I hope the person who make the call was fined for wasting the call intentionally.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:45 am

I know we all do stupid things, but I can't understand the irrational and illogical places people's minds go. I work at Walmart. I see it all the time.
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Roy Mustang » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:49 am

Shao Feng-Li wrote:I can't understand the irrational and illogical places people's minds go.

They are in the deepest and darkest part of the mind. Where the inner mind rocks back and forth, screaming make it stop, but can't be heard!

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Red"]Col. Roy Mustang[/color]
[/font]
Roy Mustang

Postby rocklobster » Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:39 am

Yeah, stupidity knows no bounds. Did you know there is actually a Superman costume with the warning "Cape does not enable wearer to fly?" Did someone actually try this?
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Mithrandir » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:59 am

OK. So what are we doing about it? I try to make sure every kid I come in regular contact with (that's a lot at my church) is introduced to the idea of thinking for themselves. It's a little tough in a sunday school environment (there are some people who think it's a bad idea to teach kids to think for themselves), but it's worth it, I think.

I'd like to pose the question: "Are we only going to gripe about what we see, or are we going to try to fix it?"
Mithrandir

Postby Fish and Chips » Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:37 am

rocklobster (post: 1361468) wrote:Did you know there is actually a Superman costume with the warning "Cape does not enable wearer to fly?"
rocklobster (post: 1361103) wrote:But considering the fact that there's a Superman costume with the warning "Cape does not enable user to fly", I guess I shouldn't be surprised.
rocklobster (post: 1361468) wrote:Did you know there is actually a Superman costume with the warning "Cape does not enable wearer to fly?"
I think my selective memory loss is kicking in, so no Rock, I didn't.
Fish and Chips

Postby Midknight74012 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:02 am

How about my big brother? When he was little, he also pretended to be Superman. ended up breaking his nose if I remember correctly.
Psalms 82:3-4
Defend the cause of the weak and fatherless;
maintain the rights of the poor and oppressed.
Rescue the weak and needy;
deliver them from the hand of the wicked.
Midknight74012

Not Superman....Not Even Close

Postby Silent Seraph » Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:15 am

Recently i had some friends come and sleep over. the next day it rained, it rained a lot. the creek behind my house flooded and rose about 3-4 feet so we got the bright idea to go grab the body boards in my garage and float down the now river-sized tribuary which was approximately 25 degrees Farenheit. Needless to say we were very cold afterwards:shake:
Life verse. Corinthians 9:27 [color="Cyan"]No, I strike a blow to my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize.[/color]

[color="Cyan"]If you pretend to feel a certain way, the feeling can become genuine all by accident.
Hei (Darker Than Black)[/color]

God. Family. Athletics.

[color="Cyan"][font="Arial Black"]M.O.E.S.-[/font][/color]Safe from the Scroll

[color="Red"]@)[/color][color="Lime"]}~`,~[/color] Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators and Administrators.
Silent Seraph

Postby Roy Mustang » Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:23 am

rocklobster wrote:What is our race coming to? I have heard two stories where someone called 911 because Burger King screwed up their orders. How stupid can you get.

Really, that is nothing new. There has been more then two stories of people doing that and it goes back at least 2007 that the first person called 911.

One of them was because, they didn't have what wanted.

I really don't think stupid, more not thinking clearly or being selfish in that fact that they feel 911 is for their own little non emergency that they feel is an emergency to them. Chalk that up for how people think now a days and it feels like we live in a ME generation.

But all of them were fine big time for wasting 911 like that, so I think they learn their lesson.

But considering the fact that there's a Superman costume with the warning "Cape does not enable user to fly", I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

About that, I don't see that big of a deal. They put warnings like that on just about everything now a days. Companies do that, so they can cover their self from being sued if someone goes out and tries it.

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Red"]Col. Roy Mustang[/color][/font]
Roy Mustang

Postby Yamamaya » Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:46 am

I have heard of many hilarious phone calls to 911. Like one guy called to report a UFO had landed in his back yard. This other time, a cop called while he was high on drugs and said there was something in his wife's cookies. He also said, "I think I'm dead. Everything is moving soooo slowly."
Yamamaya

Postby ashfire » Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:56 am

In the fire and rescue service you see a lot of people doing stupid things that you have to come and help them out of the problem they created.
Then a course we in the fire and rescue service can do some stupid things too.
Three firefighters recently in different incidents have done somethings that they could lose their jobs for something that might have been a joke to them or maybe others but was against the law to do.
ashfire

Postby steenajack » Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:14 pm

Where I'm from, it get's pretty cold in the winter with ALOT of snow. Yet I still see people walking around with no coat on, sometimes even just a tank-top, or (as my dad told me once) in a skirt and high-heals...AND IT IS BELOW 0 DEGREES OUT THERE. I'm thinking, "do they now see the snow pouring in buckets outside????"
Please, feel free to check out my sites:

My Deviant Art[/color]
MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!
My FictionPress[/color]
My tumblr[/color] Read...fave...reblog...repeat...
steenajack

Postby Ante Bellum » Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:50 pm

I've seen a person in a miniskirt in my school a few years back. I mean, a mini mini skirt. I asked her, "Why?" She said, "It's wool!" Note: it was the middle of winter. We don't have warm winters. At all.
...So now, apparently a wool miniskirt keeps you warmer than, say, denim jeans.
Also, for stupid customer things, http://www.notalwaysright.com is great. It's fairly clean most of the time, but some of these people, I swear...
Ante Bellum

Postby Tsukuyomi » Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:01 pm

Mithrandir (post: 1361472) wrote:I'd like to pose the question: "Are we only going to gripe about what we see, or are we going to try to fix it?"

I like this post <33 This applies to a lot of things ^__^

I ordered a meatball sub yesterday and said NO CHEESE and underlined it, but yet.. I find cheese in it D:<

Did I call 911 because they put cheese in my meatball sub? No, and life went on ^__^

Perhaps, the superman cape warning are for little kids who do think the cape enables them to fly, so they want to be safe XD? Or, they're just trying to be funny ^^? I dunno, but yeah.. xDDD;
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:02 pm

Ante Bellum (post: 1361524) wrote:I've seen a person in a miniskirt in my school a few years back. I mean, a mini mini skirt. I asked her, "Why?" She said, "It's wool!" Note: it was the middle of winter. We don't have warm winters. At all.
...So now, apparently a wool miniskirt keeps you warmer than, say, denim jeans.
Also, for stupid customer things, http://www.notalwaysright.com is great. It's fairly clean most of the time, but some of these people, I swear...

I usually don't complain about girls wearing miniskirts...Oh, did I say that out loud?!

That site is made of win.
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby Psycho Molos » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:57 pm

[quote="Tsukuyomi (post: 1361527)"]
Perhaps, the superman cape warning are for little kids who do think the cape enables them to fly, so they want to be safe XD? Or, they're just trying to be funny ^^? I dunno, but yeah.. xDDD]

No, kids aren't geeky enough to realize that the cape doesn't enable you to fly...it's Kryptonian triple helix DNA and the absence of a red sun that enables one to fly!!!! rofl!!!!

So Kiss Kiss Fall In Love!
Psycho Molos

Postby goldenspines » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:12 pm

Tsukuyomi (post: 1361527) wrote: I ordered a meatball sub yesterday and said NO CHEESE and underlined it, but yet.. I find cheese in it D:<

Did I call 911 because they put cheese in my meatball sub? No, and life went on ^__^

How did you survive? D8

Joking aside, I think this "stupidity" that is seen in people today (and in the past) often comes from the fact that most people act before they think. The react to the moment and don't calm down to rationalize that maybe I can take these pickles off my sammich and everything will be okay. :3

Heh, I personally find a bit of amusement in the warning labels they put on toys; especially if they are interesting things such as "Do not put in toaster" or "Do not flush down the toliet". Practical, but still a bit amusing to read.
goldenspines

Postby Ante Bellum » Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:07 pm

Warning labels are to avoid lawsuits.
Take, for example:

Person buys object.
Person uses object in a way that is dangerous and goes against the directions.
Person in injured in some way.
Person sues.
Company (somehow) loses.
Person makes money, company adds warning label.

Because this all could have been avoided if people would avoid using an iron on clothes they were already wearing or using a snowblower on the roof.
Ante Bellum

Postby Nate » Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:08 pm

Don't forget trying to stop a moving chainsaw blade with limbs or genitals (yes that is a real one believe it or not).

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Ante Bellum » Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:02 pm

I know. I wanted to mention it but didn't think that I should.
Ante Bellum

Postby Nate » Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:35 pm

Oh I see. So you decided to let me do your dirty work for you. I SEE HOW IT IS NOW.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Tsukuyomi » Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:19 pm

goldenspines (post: 1361587) wrote:How did you survive? D8.

I-I... TOOK OUT THE SLICE OF CHEESE AND BITS THAT HERE FLOATING AROUND O________O

Yeah, you'll never know what some people would do, so it's better be safe then sorry.. Especially, those who would try to exploit blah blah blah something like that :-?
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby Ante Bellum » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:07 pm

Nate (post: 1361744) wrote:Oh I see. So you decided to let me do your dirty work for you. I SEE HOW IT IS NOW.

Aww, sorry Nate! It's okay, you can have a cookie.
Ante Bellum

Postby Radical Dreamer » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:12 pm

Oh my gosh this thread.

The other day I had a customer who picked up a pewter duck and asked me if it was a chicken.

It was the best day ever. XDD

Oh also, my brother had a customer ask him where the electronics department was.

My brother works at a Best Buy.

I LOL'd so hard. XDDD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Tsukuyomi » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:38 am

Radical Dreamer (post: 1362161) wrote:Oh my gosh this thread.

The other day I had a customer who picked up a pewter duck and asked me if it was a chicken.

It was the best day ever. XDD

Oh also, my brother had a customer ask him where the electronics department was.

I LOL'd so hard. XDDD

Lol, I almost spit out my drink XDDD That's pretty.. yeah XDDD
Tsukuyomi

Postby Roy Mustang » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:43 am

Radical Dreamer wrote:Oh also, my brother had a customer ask him where the electronics department was.

I LOL'd so hard. XDDD

He should have pointed around saying, here, here, here and here!

[color="Red"][font="Book Antiqua"]Col. Roy Mustang[/font][/color]
Roy Mustang

Postby Ante Bellum » Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:26 am

Or said, we don't carry electronics.
Ante Bellum

Postby Mithrandir » Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:07 am

Radical Dreamer (post: 1362161) wrote:Oh also, my brother had a customer ask him where the electronics department was.

"Oh, I'm sorry. We don't carry those around Christmas time. We only carry cheesy crappy-gift ceramic knick-knacks. You know, cats, elves, red-nosed dogs with antlers."
Mithrandir

Postby Radical Dreamer » Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:10 am

XDD He actually said "Sir, you are standing in an electronics store. Now how can I help you?" The guy called him an unsavory word and got angry. XD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Next

Return to General