Anime Soundtrack Website

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Anime Soundtrack Website

Postby theanimeguy » Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:28 pm

I recently stumbled upon a website that deals primarilty in military gear but also has a large amount of anime soundtracks which average at only $6.50 a piece. I wonder if they are the real deal though or bootlegs or Hong Kong versions. If anyone has any exprience with shopping for anime soundtrakcs pelase let me know what you think about the site. To me it seems to good to be true. NOTE: The Cowboy Bebop CD box is listed as having only 4 CDs but it is supposed to have 5, possibly a bootleg or just without the bonus disc listed or counted?

[snipped link]
theanimeguy

Postby Roy Mustang » Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:37 pm

They are bootleg. I look at who made them and they are made by MIYA records co.,LTD. Miya Records is a company based in Taiwan that releases unlicensed (bootleg), popular Japanese music, including many game and anime soundtracks.

I been checking and just about all that I have look at are made by MIYA records co.,LTD

Import anime CD's are going to run you around $20 or more for a music cd.

Only the one that were release in the US (domestic) are you going to find around $10 to $15.

theanimeguy wrote:To me it seems to good to be true. NOTE: The Cowboy Bebop CD box is listed as having only 4 CDs but it is supposed to have 5, possibly a bootleg or just without the bonus disc listed or counted?

The Limited Edition Cowboy Bobop CD box set has five CD's in it. The fifth CD is not listed and only four are as the fifth CD was special cd and it had it own slip cover that was slip on top the box set. The four CD were in a rectangle box with four cd's in all in their own tray. The cover is the same picture that website is showing and also had a slip cover for box it self.

I don't know if you will be able to find the Cowboy Box Set as it was a limited edition. When it came out, it was around $75 and I didn't find the box set until a local anime shop had it and they were selling it for $100. I end up buying it and since then, I have only seen this box set for sell twice at anime cons and the price on it was $200 for it. The last time that I talk an anime cd seller at an anime con, he said that the set has been sold for $300 now, but he only seen someone sell one set since it came out.

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Red"]Col. Roy Mustang
[/color][/font]
Roy Mustang

Postby theanimeguy » Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:21 pm

Thanks, I thought so. Any suggestins on where to aquire soundtracks at resonable prices? Also thanks for letting me know about Miya as well.
theanimeguy

Postby yukoxholic » Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:26 pm

theanimeguy (post: 1359721) wrote:Thanks, I thought so. Any suggestins on where to aquire soundtracks at resonable prices? Also thanks for letting me know about Miya as well.

You should check out YesAsia!, CDJapan, or Play-Asia. I've bought from all three. XD Oh, and just so you know Korean editions of CDs are normally set at a lower price. So, you may want to look into seeing if popular artists had Korean editions come out but normally if it's an anime soundtrack they're pretty much set at a standard price and are always exclusive "Japanese editions". YesAsia sometimes has deals going on and rightstuf.com normally has anime soundtrack sales sometimes if you continually check back.

Hope this helps!
yukoxholic

Postby Roz » Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:41 am

Thanks, I thought so. Any suggestins on where to aquire soundtracks at resonable prices?

I get all of my anime stuff at http://www.rightstuf.com. I have bought soundtracks there for 3 dollars before. Right now I think several of them are 5 dollars. Sometimes you can find DVD plus soundtrack bundles there.
Roz

Postby shooraijin » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:53 pm

Satisfied http://www.cdjapan.co.jp customer.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby DeusVult » Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:30 pm

yukoxholic (post: 1359722) wrote:You should check out YesAsia!, CDJapan, or Play-Asia. I've bought from all three. XD Oh, and just so you know Korean editions of CDs are normally set at a lower price. So, you may want to look into seeing if popular artists had Korean editions come out but normally if it's an anime soundtrack they're pretty much set at a standard price and are always exclusive "Japanese editions". YesAsia sometimes has deals going on and rightstuf.com normally has anime soundtrack sales sometimes if you continually check back.

Hope this helps!

As extensive collector of anime soundtracks myself, the above is also the same places I buy all of my soundtracks from too. Stay away from Ebay and all those websites selling $7.00 CDs. The Right Stuf has a lot for $5. Check there bargain bin. I'm currently trying to locate a few OOP ones myself now.
DeusVult

Location: on top of a cactus, on top of a rock,waay out in the middle of a lake

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews