Darker than Black Ryuuzei no Gemini

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Postby Yamamaya » Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:24 pm

I see your avy is from this series Fish and Chips.

So episode 8
[SPOILER]Tanya was killed off not by Suo but by her brother. I was hoping his power would be different than just another anti tank gun. I'm getting the feeling we're rushing towards a grand showdown. Everyone seems to be waiting for something to happen[/SPOILER]
Yamamaya

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:56 am

[spoiler]Wait, Shion did it? How did I miss this? I thought Suoh shot and was just in denial. I saw Shion and their dad but that's not what I interpreted it as.

Poor Tanya :'([/spoiler]

Fish and Chips (post: 1358302) wrote:I must have quit watching the first season before they revealed Yin was some kind of all powerful mass-suicide doll.

As for Ilya, I'm sort of with Yamamaya on this one. They kept him around just long enough to make you hate him then killed him off. I think it'd have worked better if they kept everything roughly the same, but saved all his background for the next episode, tell you only after the fact "BTW, this guy was bad news."

As for the first statement, it never said that. Those who watched the entire first season are just as suprised as you are.

Ask and you shall receive, the next episode reinforces his creeperness.
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby blkmage » Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:12 pm

Again, I'm wondering what the point of this season is. It really doesn't look like anything conclusive will happen by the time episode 12 rolls around. It also seems like there are only questions being added and none are being answered. I expect that the OVAs will answer something, but this season feels like it's a stopgap in order to set up a "real" second season.
blkmage

Postby Yamamaya » Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:39 pm

Episode 9, things are starting to get interesting. I actually liked how this episode was able to tie in elements from the first season and this one without turning this into a meaningless episode. Also, WATCH THE SCENE AFTER THE ED!
[SPOILER]We find out in this episode some sort of connection between Amber, Yin, and that Izanagi woman. It mentions something about a combination of those two creates something that will bring forth chaos. We also learn from Suou's mom that Suou died 8 years ago. This brings forth all different kinds of theories. Perhaps Suou is a created being made from Yin? So many questions. Let's just hope the ending is satisfying. [/SPOILER]
Yamamaya

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:44 pm

[spoiler]One theory I've heard about it is that Shion's ability is that he can revive people from the dead, which explains both his extremely harsh remuneration and why Hei might be searching for him. I personally don't buy the idea that Shion has a gun summon as well, otherwise he wouldn't have left it there. I'm not sure I buy the first theory either, but it would explain a lot. And Hei shaving and getting a haircut was pure awesome![/spoiler]
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby Yamamaya » Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:49 pm

Indeed.

[SPOILER]This week's episode disproved the gun theory. That was just a red herring to throw us off. Interesting theory Mr. Hat and Clogs. I would say this is very close to the truth. Hence the reason why his "dead" dad is walking around as alive as can be. We know that Shion's power was created by that meteor. It is possible that it was Yin and that Izanagi woman who created that meteor. It's possible that that woman is a contracter as well.[/SPOILER]
Yamamaya

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:51 pm

[spoiler]I wonder if Shion was paying off his entire contract, or if he actually has to do that every time he uses his powers.[/spoiler]
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby blkmage » Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:53 pm

[spoiler]Yeah, I head the Shion theory too. ANYWAY, nice to see Hei doing his dress up as a random unsuspecting worker and do awesome stuff swing again. The only disappointing thing is that it's some techno music instead of some classy jazz that's in the background to Hei's shenanigans.

Also calling it now, the season ends with Izanagi and Izanami (whoever they actually are) meeting and asploding the world or whatever, setting us up for next season.[/spoiler]
blkmage

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:29 pm

blkmage (post: 1359489) wrote:[spoiler]Yeah, I head the Shion theory too. ANYWAY, nice to see Hei doing his dress up as a random unsuspecting worker and do awesome stuff swing again. The only disappointing thing is that it's some techno music instead of some classy jazz that's in the background to Hei's shenanigans.

Also calling it now, the season ends with Izanagi and Izanami (whoever they actually are) meeting and asploding the world or whatever, setting us up for next season.[/spoiler]

Gosh dang it blkmage, I so should've called that first. That said, I believe your theory.

Yeah, it's too bad Yoko Kanno isn't doing the music anymore:(
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby blkmage » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:20 am

I'll just leave this here.

blkmage

Postby blkmage » Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:15 am

I wish I saved something that Fish said in chat yesterday about looking forward to seeing DtB's ending in light of the wreckage that was the finale to Umineko. So episode 12:
[spoiler]what is this i don't even[/spoiler]
In the words of my Internet friend, "eh, so i have no idea wtf was ever happening in 38 episodes of DtB."
blkmage

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Sat Dec 26, 2009 6:01 pm

SEQUEL!!! NOW!!!! BONES, I THREATEN THEE!!!!!

I really, really hope this gets a third season. Unfortunatly, if it takes the same amount of time this sequel took, I'll have to wait another two years!! CURSE YOU BONES!!! CURSE YOUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I nearly cried. I can actually, kind of piece together, some of what happened, and guess for the rest, but...
[spoiler]Did Shion actually copy the earth?![/spoiler]
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby blkmage » Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:34 am

blkmage

Postby Yamamaya » Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:57 pm

I finally got around to watching the ending. This entire ending felt like a ripoff of Evangelion and the End of Evangelion. Even the line, "eternal proof of our existence" was taken directly from End of Eva.

[SPOILER]So America is a butthole who took over Japan. Yin's body has come back to life. Her true self was killed after lending some of her power to Shion to create a new world. Suou and July get to live happily in Human Instrumentality, I mean, the copied world. The whole Iyanami/Izanagi myth of the creation of the world was used heavily in Eva and it appears in this series as well. Also the ending is a setup for a third season. Srsly. [/SPOILER]
Yamamaya

Postby minakichan » Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:30 pm

Didn't like DTB2 as much. Hei didn't get to go undercover as a bumbling Chinese idiot NEARLY enough.

Thankfully, there was a little of it in the drama CD.
ImageImage
minakichan

Postby MightiMidget » Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:19 pm

Yamamaya (post: 1363440) wrote:I finally got around to watching the ending. This entire ending felt like a ripoff of Evangelion and the End of Evangelion. Even the line, "eternal proof of our existence" was taken directly from End of Eva.

[SPOILER]So America is a butthole who took over Japan. Yin's body has come back to life. Her true self was killed after lending some of her power to Shion to create a new world. Suou and July get to live happily in Human Instrumentality, I mean, the copied world. The whole Iyanami/Izanagi myth of the creation of the world was used heavily in Eva and it appears in this series as well. Also the ending is a setup for a third season. Srsly. [/SPOILER]

Haha! So thats what happened, I was wondering...thanks for the overall summary. Heehee.

DTB2 was still fun, but a little too annoyingly whiney and sleazy for my taste. Maybe would have been better had I been expecting angst-riddeness for the first 3/4...?
MightiMidget

Postby blkmage » Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:29 pm

Sup guys, the first OVA episode is out. Basically, this is what I wanted more of or what I wanted the second season to be: more Chinese Electric Batman, more undercover Hei, and more Hei and Yin development.
blkmage

Postby MightiMidget » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:40 pm

Yes. The first OVA episode was refreshing, not flat out amazing, but I was deeply satisfied with it all the same. =)

I was wondering. How often are they put up? is it a weekly thing, monthly thing? No one knows yet?
MightiMidget

Postby blkmage » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:11 pm

There are eight volumes of the DVD/BRD release, with an OVA episode on every even numbered volume. It's a month in between volumes.
blkmage

Previous

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews