Weddings

Talk about anything in here.

Weddings

Postby Syreth » Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:06 pm

If you've ever been in a wedding, you know that they can range across the spectrum of crazy and stressful to fun and enjoyable.

Here's the place to post your story. What did you do in the wedding you participated in? Ring-bearer? Flower girl? Candle Lighter? Maid of honor? Best man? Maybe you have a story to share about your own wedding.

As for myself, I've had the honor of being best man in three weddings. I was a candle lighter in another, and a ringer bearer in yet another (as a six year old, I was rather disappointed that I had to wear a tux instead of a teddy bear suit, since my limited vocabulary didn't distinguish between "bear" and "bearer").

Tell us about your crazy experiences. :D
Syreth

Postby Makachop^^128 » Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:49 pm

lol when I was little I was a flower girl in two weddings. One of them the couple wanted me to walk like a model and be all dramatic lol and then the other one I wore like a fairy looking dress I was soo scared!
"We're not gonna die. We can't die, Bendis. You know why? Because we are so...very...pretty. We are just too pretty for God to let us die."-Mal

http://www.facebook.com/ShaylaChan

http://www.shelfari.com/shaylabot
http://myanimelist.net/profile/ShaylaBot
Makachop^^128

Postby Psycho Molos » Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:46 pm

Syreth (post: 1352416) wrote:Here's the place to post your story. What did you do in the wedding you participated in? Ring-bearer? Flower girl? Candle Lighter? Maid of honor? Best man? Maybe you have a story to share about your own wedding.

One ring to rule them all and in the darkness bind them...in the land of Mordor where the shadows lie? ;)
Psycho Molos

Postby Syreth » Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:00 pm

[quote="Psycho Molos (post: 1352430)"]One ring to rule them all and in the darkness bind them...in the land of Mordor where the shadows lie? ]
haha, indeed. That reminds me of a website called the plunge. There's a featured article there on how to convince your bride to elope... lolz.
Syreth

Postby K. Ayato » Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:37 pm

When I was seventeen, I was the youngest bridesmaid of my cousin Grace. The experience wasn't so bad, with the exceptions of standing completely still for 2 hours in heeled sandals (and I'm flat-footed), having enough layers of makeup on my face to rival those of the wedding cake, and the fact that the wedding took place in November in Michigan, and my gown was a spring style :(.
K. Ayato: What happens if you press the small red button?

*Explosion goes off in the movie*

mechana2015: Does that answer your question?

K. Ayato: Perfectly.

Prayer sister of kaji, sticksabuser, Angel37, and Doubleshadow --Love you guys! :)
K. Ayato

Postby Etoh*the*Greato » Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:21 am

I got married once.

Our flower girl was My wife's three year old Neice. She really didn't want to be flower girl. Her grandma tried to coax her by saying "But you'll hurt your aunt's feelings!" To which she cleverly replied "I didn't say I wouldn't do it. I just don't want to!"
"I do not feel obliged to believe that that same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo Galilei
ImageImageImageImage
Etoh*the*Greato

Postby K. Ayato » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:43 am

That's cute :). Another thing I remember about my cousin's wedding was that the flower girl would not stand still. She kept posing like a runway model, waving to her parents, everything.
K. Ayato: What happens if you press the small red button?

*Explosion goes off in the movie*

mechana2015: Does that answer your question?

K. Ayato: Perfectly.

Prayer sister of kaji, sticksabuser, Angel37, and Doubleshadow --Love you guys! :)
K. Ayato

Postby StarMasayume » Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:07 am

Was recently the maid of honor in my best friends wedding. The bridesmaids dresses were something cute I could imagine Sakura from Card Captors wearing and would be happy to cosplay in. My best friend's wedding dress was elegant with white and a black skirt and a small lolita top hat. And instrumental anime music was used in the main service which only the anime fans there could discern. :)
"So these three things continue; Faith, hope, and love.
The greatest of these which is love." - 1 Corinthians 13:13
StarInMyPocket.net
StarMasayume

Postby Arya Raiin » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:34 pm

The ring bearer at my friend's wedding tipped over the chocolate fountain and everyone got a lovely chocolate bath. :lol:
Arya Raiin

Postby Syreth » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:54 pm

Arya Raiin (post: 1352754) wrote:The ring bearer at my friend's wedding tipped over the chocolate fountain and everyone got a lovely chocolate bath. :lol:

lol that is excellent. Was he proud of himself?
Syreth

Postby ShiroiHikari » Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:18 pm

I've been a bridesmaid in many weddings including my sister's, my cousin's, and my best friend's. I'm married now, too, but I didn't have a wedding ceremony. Sometimes I feel sad about it, but then I see other people freaking out over their wedding planning, and I start to think maybe it's a good thing I didn't have to go through any of that. XD
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Syreth » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:33 am

ShiroiHikari (post: 1352760) wrote:I've been a bridesmaid in many weddings including my sister's, my cousin's, and my best friend's. I'm married now, too, but I didn't have a wedding ceremony. Sometimes I feel sad about it, but then I see other people freaking out over their wedding planning, and I start to think maybe it's a good thing I didn't have to go through any of that. XD

And conversely, I've thought about how nice it might be to just go down to the courthouse and call it good. XD

It depends so much on the attitude of everyone involved. One thing I'm really grateful for with my own wedding coming up is that everyone works together so well that it's pretty low key.
Syreth

Postby Davidizer13 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:21 am

So far, I haven't been to a wedding that I actually knew the people getting married, and I went to those weddings when I was still in my preteen "girls are smelly" phase, and couldn't imagine why someone would do that to themselves.

Since I'm the oldest among my close family, I'll probably be the first to get married, and that's going to be a ways off. So apart from an occasional friends' wedding, I likely won't be involved in one for quite some time.
We are loved even though we suck.

Psalms 37:37 (NHEB)
Mark the perfect man, and see the upright, for there is a future for the man of peace.
Davidizer13

Return to General