Anime titles you liked from the moment you started

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Anime titles you liked from the moment you started

Postby rocklobster » Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:57 am

This doesn't happen very often, but there are some anime titles I like from the first episode. Has this happened to anyone else.
Here are the titles I liked from episode 1:
Last Exile
Ah My Goddess
Serial Experiments Lain
Boogiepop Phantom
Ranma 1/2
Tenchi Universe
Rahxephon
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:18 am

When you say that, do you mean passionately loved from the first episode, or just liked. Going be the former, here is my list.

Fullmetal Alchemist(first anime, not Brotherhood)
Bleach(I used to love it more than I do now)
Naruto(First anime, it's the one that got me hooked, though it was Bleach that sealed the deal)
Gurren Lagann made me question my sanity for watching it, but the sheer manly awesomeness hooked me from the start.
Code Geass's opening episode added some good suspense, voice acting, and set the story up well.
Ouran High School Host Club!!! Even though it isn't my favorite anime, this one on the first few seconds of the first episode grabbed me tight and wouldn't let go until I was done. I think kudos goes to it for doing the fastest job of catching me.
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby Makachop^^128 » Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:57 am

Tengen toppa gurren lagann
Because its so awesome!!!

Lucky star
its so funny!

Azumanga diaoh
So cute!!!!

Samaria champloo
the first ep was amazing!
"We're not gonna die. We can't die, Bendis. You know why? Because we are so...very...pretty. We are just too pretty for God to let us die."-Mal

http://www.facebook.com/ShaylaChan

http://www.shelfari.com/shaylabot
http://myanimelist.net/profile/ShaylaBot
Makachop^^128

Postby goldenspines » Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:01 am

Only Baccano! and Samurai Champloo. All other anime I had to get to at least the second of third episode before thinking, "Okay, I think I like this."

Ouran could be tentatively added to the list, since it was actually the ED that made me decide to watch more of it. XD;
goldenspines

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:33 am

Rurouni Kenshin. I was stoked about it from episode 1. XD I'm sure there are others, but that's really the only one that comes immediately to my mind. XD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Kkun » Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:55 pm

Pretty much any that I watched to completion. If it doesn't grab me from the get-go for some reason, I probably won't keep watching it.
I'm a shoe-in for hater of the year.
Kkun

Postby KhakiBlueSocks » Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:33 pm

[font="Trebuchet MS"][SIZE="4"][color="RoyalBlue"]Ah, there are quite a few on my list--

Lucky Star
Nerima Daikon Brothers
His and Her Circumstances
FLCL
Midori Days
Ghost Stories (ADV Dub)
Planetes
Mushi-shi
Aria: The Animation
Psalms of Planets Eureka Seven
Getbackers
Kodocha
Chobits
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya[/color][/SIZE][/font]
Joshua: Hebrew -The LORD is Salvation

" wrote:RustyClaymore 11:27 - Ah yes, Socks is the single raindrop responsible for the flood. XD

Check out my new anime review blog, "The Cajun Samurai"

http://thecajunsamurai.wordpress.com/
KhakiBlueSocks

Postby Whitefang » Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:25 pm

Kkun (post: 1352394) wrote:Pretty much any that I watched to completion. If it doesn't grab me from the get-go for some reason, I probably won't keep watching it.

Pretty much the same here. While I might watch a random episode of, say, FLCL or Evangelion, I'm not willing to scratch my head and be confused every time I watch something. Those were just examples, and there are others that are just boring to watch even though they may have intriguing plots.
"It's not easy to act in the name of justice."

"Justice is not the only right in this world"
Whitefang

Postby Makachop^^128 » Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:29 pm

Psalms of Planets Eureka Seven

lol I forgot to include that :D
"We're not gonna die. We can't die, Bendis. You know why? Because we are so...very...pretty. We are just too pretty for God to let us die."-Mal

http://www.facebook.com/ShaylaChan

http://www.shelfari.com/shaylabot
http://myanimelist.net/profile/ShaylaBot
Makachop^^128

Postby KhakiBlueSocks » Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:43 am

Makachop^^128 (post: 1352471) wrote:lol I forgot to include that :D

Shame on you--Twenty lashes with a wet noodle!
Joshua: Hebrew -The LORD is Salvation

" wrote:RustyClaymore 11:27 - Ah yes, Socks is the single raindrop responsible for the flood. XD

Check out my new anime review blog, "The Cajun Samurai"

http://thecajunsamurai.wordpress.com/
KhakiBlueSocks

Postby yukoxholic » Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:32 pm

Basically, any anime that I shelled out x amount of $$ for but if I had to list a few: Haibane Renmei, NANA, and currently Honey and Clover. I'm sure there's a dozen more but these are my "new" picks.
yukoxholic

Postby Elycien » Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:06 am

Gurren Lagann. The entire first episode I was just sort of like "... holy crap this is awesome." And it just kept getting better.

Fruits Basket was the first anime series I actually watched, and it also had me from the start ^__^

Haruhi Suzumiya didn't... exactly hook me in on the first episode... but it was just so bizarre that I had to keep watching, so I guess that counts. =D

ImageImageImageImageImage
My dragons ^^ Please click!
Elycien

Postby Kurama » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:35 am

Rurouni Kenshin.

FullMetal Alchemist.

Ouran High School Host Club.

Uhmmmmm..... *thinks*

That's all I can think of right now. xD
Kurama

Postby ShiroiHikari » Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:27 pm

Hajime no Ippo. Seriously, that series will grab you from the first episode and never lets go.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Blitzkrieg1701 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:59 pm

Cowboy Bebop hooked me with the first episode I saw, which is pretty remarkable, considering that the episode I started on ("Boogie Woogie Feng Shui") is actually one of the WEAKEST.

Kino's Journey and Shingu: Secret of the Stellar Wars both had me right off the bat too.
Image Image

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Purple"]For the love of Christ controls us, having concluded this: that one died for all, therefore all died; and he that died for all, so that they who live might no longer live for themselves, but for Him who died and rose again on their behalf. II Corinthians 5:14-15[/color][/font]
Blitzkrieg1701

Location: Washington, DC (when I'm not in an alternate universe)

Postby AngelicTotoro » Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:25 pm

Hmm, most anime I've watched didn't really interest me until the 2nd episode or later... but there are a few that I loved from the beginning. :dance:

Fruits Basket:The first anime series I ever watched, (besides the Mysterious cities of gold.) I actually only saw the 2nd half of the first episode over my sisters shoulder, and then rewatched it later the next morning. After that it only took me like a day and half to finish the entire anime with my sister, then we read the manga non stop for like three weeks. Ahh... good times.

Saint Tail: Again, I looked over my lil sisters shoulder, and I was all like, "Hey, whats this???" I sat down next to her and watched the first episode in awe, right after I saw Saint Tail's transformation scene, I was hooked. ^^ I love that show, so much.
:hug:

And last, but deffinitely not least;
Detective Conan: This show intruged me the most, I had only heard a little about it, and read the review for the dub here. My sister and I started this one when we had a cold earlier this may, the first episode was way different then I had exspected, it was actually really good and had great dialog. I was totally hooked, and now I'm at episode 258. (I love mystery/romances.)
(By the way, watch the sub for ST and DC. They are a zillion times better then the dub.:jump:)
Also I'd like to note that all of these shows have exceptionally exellent soundtracks. (That always helps, when the music isn't fitting the scene, it really brings down the value.)
The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside quiet waters. He restores my soul; He guides me in paths of righteousness For His name's sake. Even though I walk though the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for thou art with me; Thy rod and Thy staff, they comfort me. Thou dost prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; Thou hast anointed my head with oil; My cup overflows. Surely goodness and lovingkindness will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever. Psalm 23
AngelicTotoro

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:44 pm

New title I have to add to the list is Neon Genesis Evangelion, which is proving to be quite amazing.
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:35 am

Just about every anime I've watched has interested me at least to some extent from the first episode. If the first episode has nothing whatsoever that I find interesting in it, then I won't watch the series. Most of the ones I've watched to completion are like, "Yeah, okay, I'll give it a go," after the first episode.

The only ones that are coming to mind that drew me in inexorably from the very first episode were the first Full Metal Alchemist and Trigun. FMA hooked me from the first few minutes - two little kids screaming and bleeding on the floor after performing some kind of ritual thing? Awesome. For some reason, when I watched the first Trigun episode, I was expecting Vash to be all serious and suave, so when he started leaping all over the place, looking all wacky, I nearly fell off my chair from laughing. The first episode was so fun it made me want to watch the rest of the show right now.
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews