Trigun: The Movie finally a reality

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Trigun: The Movie finally a reality

Postby TriezGamer » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:18 pm

The official website for the Trigun the Movie project has opened on Friday with an announcement of the movie's opening in spring of 2010.

The story is set in Makka, a town surrounded by quicksand. With rumors spreading that the legendary robber Gasback has his sights set on the town, the mayor Kepler has brought together bounty-hunters to protect the town. These bounty hunters have been following Gasback from town to town in hopes of bagging the prize. Meryl and Milly, two characters previously seen in Yasuhiro Nightow's manga and the later television anime series, have come to town to assess the situation as insurance agents, but are shocked by this turn of events. Moreover, Vash the Stampede is also in town, along with the female bounty hunter Ameria and the fan-favorite character Wolfwood.

Update: More story information added.

Update 2: Masaya Onosaka, Sho Hayami, Hiromi Tsuru, and Satsuki Yukino reprise their roles of Vash the Stampede, Nicolas D. Wolfwood, Meryl Stryfe, and Milly Thompson, respectively.

Source: Anime News Network
Embraced by a gentle breeze, my heart breaks as I think of you.
All alone at the top of the hill, I watch as the seasons go by.
--
Wishing for courage softly, I pray.
There's no going back now, to those tender days when you held me in your arms.

MOES "I can has Sane Sig now?"
TriezGamer

Postby Radical Dreamer » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:45 pm

Oh wow, this is actually kind of awesome. XD I'm a little bit stoked; I miss Trigun! I wonder if it'll be licensed here!
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby CephasWhite » Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:54 pm

YES!!

FINALLY!!

♪Trigun coming to theaters! Trigun coming to theaters!♪ *boogie*
Two Steps From Hell - Tristan <--(click)
†††††††††††††
We have been here long enough to know
That we are all brothers and sisters in Christ,
So if you are in need of help,
We shall give you His advice.

May God add his blessings upon you,
That you will live this day and forever,
And when He comes to the earth again,
We will all go together...

Into Heaven for Eternity...

[SIZE="5"][color="Green"]M[/color][color="Red"]E[/color][color="Green"]R[/color][color="Red"]R[/color][color="Green"]Y[/color] [color="Red"]C[/color][color="Green"]H[/color][color="Red"]R[/color][color="Green"]I[/color][color="Red"]S[/color][color="Green"]T[/color][color="Red"]M[/color][color="Green"]A[/color][color="Red"]S[/color][color="Green"]![/color][color="Red"]![/color][color="Green"]![/color][/SIZE]
CephasWhite

Postby Fish and Chips » Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:08 am

So is this film based on the Manga continuity or the Anime? The Manga would probably be the most viable since there are large segments of unaccounted for time (plus, this would allow Wolfwood in particular to bust out some cool stuff he never showed in the Anime).

Though really, who am I kidding. It's probably just a fun flick that tosses continuity out the window.
Fish and Chips

Postby rocklobster » Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:12 am

Yes! I hope we get to see it too. It'd be great to hear Johnny Yong Bosch voice one of his favorite characters.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby CrimsonRyu17 » Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:51 am

Sounds like the typical fun side-story stuff.

This reminds me that I need to finish Trigun.
CrimsonRyu17

Postby Roberts » Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:34 pm

This thread has reminded me I need to watch Trigun. Thanks.
Roberts

:3

Postby Sebastian Michaelis » Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:12 pm

I would love to see a Trigun movie.
I am simply one hell of a butler-FKA MajorArmstrong-
16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA moderators
Sebastian Michaelis

Postby Blitzkrieg1701 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:58 pm

You know, I wouldn't have though I'd care about a Trigun movie, but my almost-but-not-quite-anime-club has been watching the show for the past few months, and I find myself unusually excited as a result.
Image Image

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Purple"]For the love of Christ controls us, having concluded this: that one died for all, therefore all died; and he that died for all, so that they who live might no longer live for themselves, but for Him who died and rose again on their behalf. II Corinthians 5:14-15[/color][/font]
Blitzkrieg1701

Location: Washington, DC (when I'm not in an alternate universe)

Postby sdzero » Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:23 pm

rocklobster (post: 1349966) wrote:Yes! I hope we get to see it too. It'd be great to hear Johnny Yong Bosch voice one of his favorite characters.
He said he was up for it when I met him last month! :thumb:
Under Construction

PSN ID - Sandmanzero
sdzero

Postby Derek_Is_Me » Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:22 am

YESSSSSS!!!! TRIGUN!!! *starts to chant trigun in hopes of it coming out sooner*
Derek -The Daring Pokemon - A cool, totally awesome Pokemon that uses his power of song, medical skills and powers of cool to make others see things differently. He is not temperamental, but he likes to pull pranks and grins when you fall into his traps. Usually, he styles a fedora and prances around on all fours, he's all black with a white belly.

"Although I look into infinity. I only see the lords eyes, always shining upon my face and smiling in my heart. He will always be with me, no matter where I may go. Always watch over me lord. For I shall be eternal in your light."-Derek.
Derek_Is_Me

Location: Staring at you from your window outside. You have nice tastes in decor.

Postby Ingemar » Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:10 am

[quote="Radical Dreamer (post: 1349941)"]Oh wow, this is actually kind of awesome. XD I'm a little bit stoked]

Since Nightow did a panel in AX this year and acknowledged that Trigun has a bigger following here than in Japan, I consider this very likely.
Job 7:16

I loathe my life; I would not live forever. Let me alone, for my days are but a breath.
Ingemar

Postby Akira Takahashi » Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:10 am

A Trigun movie! Finally! I have a special fondness for the anime, as it actually made me stronger in my faith. Despite its flaws, I think Trigun is one of the few really Christian anime out there. Just my opinion, of course.
"People who sin say this: that they had to, to survive. People who sin say this: that it's too late now to stop. The shadow called Sin dogs them steadily from behind, silently, without a word. Remorse and Agony are repeated, only to end up at Despair in the end. But the sinners just don't know, that if they'd only turn around, there is a light there, a light which keeps shining on them ever so warmly. A light that will never fade." -- Vash the Stampede
Akira Takahashi

Postby That Dude » Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:03 pm

I heard that they were coming out with a movie but it's really neat to see that it's moving along quickly. Trigun is one of my alltime favorites.
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby Mithrandir » Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:21 pm

I tend toward constrained optimism in situations like this, but I cannot help but look forward to it. :D
Mithrandir

Postby Nikolai Melodie » Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:56 am

I'm so happy :D! I didn't think this would ever happen. I just hope that, a million years later, the actors can get back in their groove for it. When the fourth series of Slayers came out in this last year, none of the actors had touched the show for over ten years, but, they picked it up really well. :D yaay!
:angel:
Nikolai Melodie

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews