just had a crazy idea...

Talk about anything in here.

just had a crazy idea...

Postby thisiskris89 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:58 pm

maybe this was a thread before but,what if there was a Christian anime convention?

no cussin,no yaoi,no yuckyness, or bad behavior and best of all the most important thing will be GOD!

wouldnt dat be nice?

all the anime without de mess!

um...yeah...
i float like a cloud and sting like a paper cut!:thumb:
thisiskris89

Postby Makachop^^128 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:04 pm

oooo I want to go! :D
"We're not gonna die. We can't die, Bendis. You know why? Because we are so...very...pretty. We are just too pretty for God to let us die."-Mal

http://www.facebook.com/ShaylaChan

http://www.shelfari.com/shaylabot
http://myanimelist.net/profile/ShaylaBot
Makachop^^128

Postby AJV » Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:57 pm

Yeah that sounds like an awesome idea!:)
I think something like this was discussed a while back, let me see if I can find it.
Edit: Here's part of my qoute from a very old thread:
I think i would be cool to have a Christian Anime Con going though different states each weekend.
I would be glad to help out if I could, not sure with what,but I think I might have some ideas.
Sounds Fun!
[url=ajvsblog.blogspot.com]Image[/url]ImageImage
AJV

Postby goldenspines » Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:18 pm

Interestingly enough, I believe the folks at Christianmanga.com are planning a christian anime convention in 2010. Though I'm not positive if they are actually going to pull it off. (you can check out their site for more details, such as dates, guests, etc...)

Putting on an anime convention is a huge job, so if it was to be done, it would take a lot of time and a lot of money. Securing the venue, getting special guests (VAs, musicians, artists, etc...), and advertising are just a few of the major things that need to be taken care of at least a year in advance.

The idea is cool, though. And to have a CAA convention would be even better. But unless God calls someone with a lot of money to fund a christian anime con, we may just be stuck with the existing cons (and meeting up with fellow CAAers at them).
Though, I've found, that despite all the weirdness and crazy fangirls/fanboys there are at cons, God can still be found there. ^_^
goldenspines

Postby minakichan » Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:51 pm

Putting on an anime convention is a huge job, so if it was to be done, it would take a lot of time and a lot of money. Securing the venue, getting special guests (VAs, musicians, artists, etc...), and advertising are just a few of the major things that need to be taken care of at least a year in advance.

You don't HAVE to get special guests or awesome events; some small college cons just have people show up and play games and cosplay and watch some anime. Totally depends on scale =)
ImageImage
minakichan

Postby mechana2015 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:13 pm

I would be more concerned about security. An event like that could be a lightning rod for just the sort of people you're trying to avoid. (Anime Expo banned man Faye from the con, but he still stands outside it all day.)

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby Makachop^^128 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:41 pm

mechana2015 (post: 1346897) wrote:I would be more concerned about security. An event like that could be a lightning rod for just the sort of people you're trying to avoid. (Anime Expo banned man Faye from the con, but he still stands outside it all day.)

Man faye came to sakura con this year O_o
"We're not gonna die. We can't die, Bendis. You know why? Because we are so...very...pretty. We are just too pretty for God to let us die."-Mal

http://www.facebook.com/ShaylaChan

http://www.shelfari.com/shaylabot
http://myanimelist.net/profile/ShaylaBot
Makachop^^128

Postby Tsukuyomi » Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:05 pm

Makachop^^128 (post: 1346901) wrote:Man faye came to sakura con this year O_o

Lol, this made me laugh XDD I've been in a laughing mood tonight, so don't take it anymore then just that XDD;

The first con I went to was held at a college ^^ It was small, but was fun :) I stayed around in the karaoke room most of the day/night 8D When everyone left to watch the anime skits, the karaoke room turned into a gaming room ^__^
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby thisiskris89 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:42 am

goldenspines (post: 1346879) wrote:Interestingly enough, I believe the folks at Christianmanga.com are planning a christian anime convention in 2010. Though I'm not positive if they are actually going to pull it off. (you can check out their site for more details, such as dates, guests, etc...)

The idea is cool, though. And to have a CAA convention would be even better. But unless God calls someone with a lot of money to fund a christian anime con, we may just be stuck with the existing cons (and meeting up with fellow CAAers at them).
Though, I've found, that despite all the weirdness and crazy fangirls/fanboys there are at cons, God can still be found there. ^_^

thats right,hadnt thought bout dat!
sigh*still though.im sure if its in God's will,such a thing will happen^^
thisiskris89

Postby jadeTheshade » Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:08 pm

if i were rich i'd fund it....

but on the real side of things it really is an awesome idea...there could be lots of 'little' artists people with booths.
i would be an artist peolple if i could afford the booth....>.>...<.<
[font="Book Antiqua"]two roads diverged in a wood and i
took the one less traveled by
and that has made all the difference
-Robert F[color="black"][color="Blue"][/color][/color]rost[/font]
jadeTheshade

Postby ScalpelFactory » Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:56 am

Goldenspines is right - the thing to do now is to meet up with fellow CAA-ers at our favorite cons. Also, keep your eyes and ears peeled, you might be surprised! I was floored to hear that last year's AnimeCentral [a Chicago-area con] had a Sunday morning worship service led by none other than Vic Mignogna and Caitlin Glass[the English voices of Tamaki and Haruhi from OuranHS, as well as many other roles]! I had no idea that these two prominent figures were Christians, and I was so proud of them for faithfully taking time for the Lord during an otherwise crazy weekend.
-{Bifauxnen Extraordinaire}-
-{My Cosplay LJ}-
MOES - Sig heil!
WE TAKE OUR DULLAHANS PRETTY SERIOUSLY AROUND HERE.
ScalpelFactory

Postby rocklobster » Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:36 am

Scalpel, I think I heard somewhere that Johnny Yong Bosch (Vash the Stampede in Trigun, Renton in Eureka Seven, Ichigo in Bleach, and several others) is a Christian too. In fact, I think he even has his own band.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby ADXC » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:53 pm

Why do I feel like we've talked about this before? Oh wait...

http://www.christiananime.net/showthread.php?t=47195

http://www.christiananime.net/showthread.php?t=49421

I am not posting these threads because I am against this. If you read through these threads you will see that I am for this, but having a CAA or Christian anime con would be very tough to do. There are some many things that need to be done and I am not sure how these things may get done.

Now Goldies' news does give me hope, but I am still skepticle.
ADXC

Postby Radical Dreamer » Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:27 pm

ADXC (post: 1350856) wrote:Now Corrie's news does give me hope, but I am still skepticle.

...I think you mean Goldenspine's post--this is my first post in this thread. XD

Anyways, while a Christian anime con might be nice, I think we also need to remember how important it is to reach out to those who don't know Jesus. What better place to do it than at an anime con full of people with whom you could connect based on similar interests alone? Just something to think about. XD It's not that I'm totally against the idea, but I think we often get caught up in trying to create a "sterile Christian bubble" for ourselves, forgetting those who need the love of Christ. I do applaud what Vic Mignogna and Caitlin Glass do at cons with worship services, though--that's very neat, and a great way to bring Jesus to those who need Him!
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby goldenspines » Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:33 am

ADXC (post: 1350856) wrote:Why do I feel like we've talked about this before? Oh wait...

http://www.christiananime.net/showthread.php?t=47195

http://www.christiananime.net/showthread.php?t=49421

I am not posting these threads because I am against this. If you read through these threads you will see that I am for this, but having a CAA or Christian anime con would be very tough to do. There are some many things that need to be done and I am not sure how these things may get done.

Now Corrie's news does give me hope, but I am still skepticle.

How tough something is depends on what goal you're shooting for.
For example, if we were trying to get Otakon or AX attendee numbers in our first year as a Christian anime con, that is tough, and I may venture to guess, impossible. All cons start out small and slowly build once people realize it's not a flop.
In all honesty, the first con wouldn't need to be that complicated, but over time, if it's a success, then more time, money, and effort need to be put into it.
Putting together a small con takes about a good year and a half of planning ahead. The folks over at Christianmanga.com have put about two years of planning on their's and God-willing, it will go through. Because that's the most important part, if God wants it done, it will get done and be awesome.

I think we all should just go and meet up at Otakon, guys. 8D
goldenspines

Postby ScalpelFactory » Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:01 am

That would be so awesome, if I could actually get to Otakon. Right now I attend AnimeCentral and that's about it. These things take time, you know. And planning.
-{Bifauxnen Extraordinaire}-
-{My Cosplay LJ}-
MOES - Sig heil!
WE TAKE OUR DULLAHANS PRETTY SERIOUSLY AROUND HERE.
ScalpelFactory

Postby Etoh*the*Greato » Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:26 am

Radical Dreamer (post: 1350877) wrote:...I think you mean Goldenspine's post--this is my first post in this thread. XD

Anyways, while a Christian anime con might be nice, I think we also need to remember how important it is to reach out to those who don't know Jesus. What better place to do it than at an anime con full of people with whom you could connect based on similar interests alone? Just something to think about. XD It's not that I'm totally against the idea, but I think we often get caught up in trying to create a "sterile Christian bubble" for ourselves, forgetting those who need the love of Christ. I do applaud what Vic Mignogna and Caitlin Glass do at cons with worship services, though--that's very neat, and a great way to bring Jesus to those who need Him!

Definitely. I think there is a lot to be said about bringing a loving Christian perspective (as opposed to an attitude of judgement) to a place where the people need it, rather than insulating ourselves from the rest of the world as is the trend with the Church these days. If you can't find a Christian con the alternative is always "family friendly" conventions like AI that enforce dress codes and what-not. There is still Yaoi, but you don't really need to attend those panels. There are always other things to do, trust me. Just hanging out with friends in costume is more than enough.
"I do not feel obliged to believe that that same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo Galilei
ImageImageImageImage
Etoh*the*Greato

Postby ADXC » Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:42 pm

Wow, I am so sorry Goldy! All I looked at was the blue letters, that's all!

Oh, I am such an idiot.

Well, all I will say is this, if you guys or someone else can make a Christian anime convention or an anime convention with some Christian things involved(Like worship), then please tell me because I would definitely want to go.

Remember I am not against it, I just see that it would take time and effort.
ADXC

Postby thisiskris89 » Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:13 pm

i met vic mignogna...i got a picture with him and his autograph<3!

yah you are all right...maybe convention was a poor choice of words...i dunno...gomen gomen!

it would just be nice to be at a con with our values...i dunno...
thisiskris89

Return to General