First day of Driving training

Talk about anything in here.

Postby shooraijin » Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:45 am

Kinda glad parallel parking isn't on the California driving test.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Warrior4Christ » Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:27 am

Strangely enough, every time I did parallel parking (which was twice, then twice on a different occasion), I did it successfully. Three-point-turns were trouble however.. I kept alternately passing and failing (you need two consecutive passes). The instructor was picky.
Everywhere like such as, and MOES.

"Expect great things from God; attempt great things for God." - William Carey
Warrior4Christ

Location: Carefully place an additional prawn on the barbecue

Postby Etoh*the*Greato » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:36 am

shooraijin (post: 1337681) wrote:Kinda glad parallel parking isn't on the California driving test.

It is (Or at least used to be) based all on what you score before it in Missouri. I didn't have to do it, but everyone else in my group had to take it. Basically, if you score low enough on everything else they'll make you do that last.
"I do not feel obliged to believe that that same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo Galilei
ImageImageImageImage
Etoh*the*Greato

Postby ADXC » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:40 am

@ shooraijin-North Carolina also doesn't put parallel parking on the test, so I'm glad too. However there always was the three-point turn, but even then that's not hard to do.
ADXC

Postby shooraijin » Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:52 pm

So, Bob, did you pass?
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Tsukuyomi » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:20 pm

I heard parallel parking was the hardest for everyone around here @__@

Yes, what Shooby asked ^__^?
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby Makachop^^128 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:25 pm

link
this kid is amazing at it
"We're not gonna die. We can't die, Bendis. You know why? Because we are so...very...pretty. We are just too pretty for God to let us die."-Mal

http://www.facebook.com/ShaylaChan

http://www.shelfari.com/shaylabot
http://myanimelist.net/profile/ShaylaBot
Makachop^^128

Postby Bobtheduck » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:45 am

shooraijin (post: 1337798) wrote:So, Bob, did you pass?

Forgot to update the thread afterward... Um, actually I never got to take the test. The right brake light and tail light were out. We sat in the line waiting for the test until I was absolutely the last one, and they said no.

My new appointment is September 10th... Almost a month later. I guess it'll give me time to practice, but it also means another month of Insurance (at 150 a month)

It may end up I'll be in Korea before that... If that's the case, I'll be going at least another year until I get my license.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Tsukuyomi » Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:48 pm

Practice makes perfect ^^ Hang in there, Bob ^^
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby Yamamaya » Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:23 pm

Yeah driving still scares me a bit but I'm learning. I'm hoping to get my license by the end of this year.:thumb:

Good luck man.
Yamamaya

Postby shooraijin » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:23 pm

Bobtheduck (post: 1338155) wrote:Forgot to update the thread afterward... Um, actually I never got to take the test. The right brake light and tail light were out. We sat in the line waiting for the test until I was absolutely the last one, and they said no.

My new appointment is September 10th... Almost a month later. I guess it'll give me time to practice, but it also means another month of Insurance (at 150 a month)

It may end up I'll be in Korea before that... If that's the case, I'll be going at least another year until I get my license.

Ugh. I hate to wait for that. Hopefully you can get this squared away before you go overseas.

shooraijin

Postby Tsukuyomi » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:27 pm

Alittle off topic, but I take it things checked out with everything on the Korea side ^^?
Tsukuyomi

Postby Bobtheduck » Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:00 pm

Tsukuyomi (post: 1338277) wrote:Alittle off topic, but I take it things checked out with everything on the Korea side ^^?

No. I was told I'd be told in 2 weeks, which will end tomorrow, so maybe I'll see tomorrow... Or within the next week or so, considering how slow they are.

It's just a shame they never answer their phone (I have Skype's international plan, in case you're wondering how I call them)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Bobtheduck

Postby Bobtheduck » Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:39 pm

Just took my first test, since the first one was forfeited for a bad tail light...

I failed right out of the gate because the examiner said I was going to turn into oncoming traffic, which I don't think I was (kind of doesn't matter what I think) and that I pulled too far out for my left turn...

Oh, and he had me doing things I never learned in my driving school, and I never learned the "slow down" hand signal, though I'm sure it's probably in the DMV manual.
Bobtheduck

Postby Tsukuyomi » Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:33 pm

I'm sorry to hear that 8(

Just hang in there and keep practicing and take it again when you're allowed to ^^
Tsukuyomi

Postby Azier the Swordsman » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:17 pm

Bob, driving scared the crap out of me when I first started, but trust me on this. About a year of experience or so, and it will just come naturally to you like anything else.

The second year is where you have fun and start learning to be rude to people who annoy you, like going really slow when someone is tailgating you, putting your car in park for a few minutes when some moron is honking at you because you are not turning onto the road before it's safe, and appropriate usage of the Hawaiian Peace Sign. :thumb:
Azier the Swordsman

Previous

Return to General