Six most terrifying foods in the world

Talk about anything in here.

Postby KagayakiWashi » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:06 pm

Fish and Chips (post: 1341097) wrote:There's a guy in France who eats metal. Apparently his saliva is naturally more acidic than most humans, so he goes on tour and eats crazy stuff before a live audience. Planes, automobiles, light bulbs, all kinds of stuff.

Except eggs, apparently.

I can't help but wonder how the metal leaves his body.
"To be a good listener, you must acquire a musical culture...you must be familiar with the history and development of music, you must listen...to receive music you have to open your ears and wait for the music, you must believe that it is something you need ...to listen is an effort, and just to hear has no merit. A duck hears also." - Igor Stravinsky
Are you hurting? Struggling with something? Need an ear? Check out The Hopeline! https://www.thehopeline.com/CSDefault.aspx
The Blog! http://kagayakiwashi.livejournal.com/
KagayakiWashi

Location: Constantly chasing the dragonfly of love....or something like that

Postby RandomBurrito » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:25 pm

This should fit in the list.

[SIZE="5"][color="White"]Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost! [/color][/SIZE]

[color="DarkOrchid"]@[/color][color="Green"])}~`,~[/color] [color="Yellow"]Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA moderators.[/color]
:hug:
RandomBurrito

Postby Nate » Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:29 pm

Maokun wrote:Yeah, I don't care about its palability or lack thereof. I'm talking here of cooking baby ducks inside their eggshells.

I fail to see how that's intrinsically more wrong than slaughtering cows or lambs. I wouldn't eat it, but it's an animal made for food, no different than a hamburger or a porkchop.

Unless of course you're a vegetarian, in which case I rescind my statement.

Also I absolutely refuse to comment on the picture posted above me.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Arya Raiin » Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:42 pm

Okay, probably the worst food every would be the durian:
http://www.google.com/images?q=tbn:WW5JTFRrok_nBM::www.nealford.com/images/durian.jpg&h=78&w=106&usg=__XsxK5ZXV9AivuPjcH9ASrBwoGFA=

Even the man on "Bizarre Foods" couldn't handle it. In fact, it is not allowed in hotels. Quite the fruit I guess!

I personally am open to any food and I love sushi. However on "Bizarre Foods" there was this fermented shark meat that was poisonous unless left to rot for a while. I though that was pretty gross. Also thousand year old eggs are really a thousand years old, but they're old enough I wouldn't eat them. LOL
Arya Raiin

Postby EricTheFred » Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:47 pm

KagayakiWashi (post: 1342045) wrote:I can't help but wonder how the metal leaves his body.

Aluminum Extrusion
May the Lord bless you and keep you.
May He cause His face to shine upon you.
May He lift up His countenance and grant you peace.

Maokun: Ninjas or Pirates? (Vikings are not a valid answer, sorry)

EricTheFred: Vikings are always a valid answer.

Feel free to visit My Writing.com Portfolio

Largo: "Well Ed, good to see ya. Guess I gotta beat the crap out of you now."

Jamie Hyneman: "It's just another lovely day at the bomb range. Birds are singing, rabbits are hopping about, and soon there's going to be a big explosion."
EricTheFred

Postby teigeki_calesa » Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:33 am

Oh, durian. Even I can't stand the smell of the thing, despite my folks' claims of it being delicious.

Yep, most Filipinos like myself are aware how our balut is the ultimate horror overseas, and LOVE freaking foreigners with it as a result. (Well, I still am a proud balut eater and boy, does it fill me up after an all nighter. Okay, I'll stop before I freak people out.) But dinuguan....it's very much of a last resort to me; I prefer the bloodless regional variation "kilayin".
Excuse my blinking, just got too many shifts this week.
teigeki_calesa

Postby EricTheFred » Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:30 am

Arya Raiin (post: 1342567) wrote:However on "Bizarre Foods" there was this fermented shark meat that was poisonous unless left to rot for a while. I though that was pretty gross.

That's the Greenland Shark I mentioned above, which is part of the Icelandic Midwinter Feast tradition. Somehow, compared to this, Lutefisk is prefectly fine...

(Actually Lutefisk IS fine, guys. No lye remains in the finished food; it is washed out in the process. It simply goes in for a while to kiill bacteria and help preserve the food, and in the process it alters the texture to something almost as creamy as butter. Thought I should mention that.

Of course, my wife can't understand at all why everyone in the world doesn't think Dinuguan is delicious. So maybe I just can't see whatever it is that freaks people out about Lutefisk.)
May the Lord bless you and keep you.
May He cause His face to shine upon you.
May He lift up His countenance and grant you peace.

Maokun: Ninjas or Pirates? (Vikings are not a valid answer, sorry)

EricTheFred: Vikings are always a valid answer.

Feel free to visit My Writing.com Portfolio

Largo: "Well Ed, good to see ya. Guess I gotta beat the crap out of you now."

Jamie Hyneman: "It's just another lovely day at the bomb range. Birds are singing, rabbits are hopping about, and soon there's going to be a big explosion."
EricTheFred

Previous

Return to General