I Got Glasses 8D

Talk about anything in here.

I Got Glasses 8D

Postby Sanji07 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:18 pm

I went to the eye doctor this morning. Everything went well, even when my eyes were dilated (I got really tired and my head started hurting...maybe 'cuz I didn't eat ._.;; ). I had to wear some black rolled-up 'sunglasses' for a few hours (they look like the black glasses blind people wear). But yeah, turns out I've practically been half-blind my whole life without knowing it. XD;; Any of you guys have/had glasses?
[color="SeaGreen"]@)}[/color][color="black"]~`,~[/color] Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.
98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature
Servant of: Hypersocks-the leader of extrolling hyperness! ^-^
I believe in Jesus Christ, my Savior. If you do too and are not scared to admit it, then copy and paste this in your signature.
Sanji07

Postby ADXC » Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:40 pm

That's really cool! Yes, I do wear glasses as well and have been wearing them for about 11 years. Yeah, they do dilate your eyes.

Before anyone says anything, for me, I will never wear contacts. I've tried them, it took an hour and a half to get them in, I like the way my glasses look, and I don't really prefer the method of putting contacts in. So yes, I will forever more wear glasses.
ADXC

Postby Sanji07 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:11 pm

ADXC (post: 1340349) wrote:That's really cool! Yes, I do wear glasses as well and have been wearing them for about 11 years. Yeah, they do dilate your eyes.

Before anyone says anything, for me, I will never wear contacts. I've tried them, it took an hour and a half to get them in, I like the way my glasses look, and I don't really prefer the method of putting contacts in. So yes, I will forever more wear glasses.

Same here. I had a friend who wore contacts. It would take a while for her to get them in and out, and sometimes they hurt her eyes. The only reason why I would want contacts was if they were some strange color or made my pupils look cat-like. =P
[color="SeaGreen"]@)}[/color][color="black"]~`,~[/color] Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.
98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature
I believe in Jesus Christ, my Savior. If you do too and are not scared to admit it, then copy and paste this in your signature.
Sanji07

Postby Robin Firedrake » Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:22 pm

I don't need glasses. 20/15 vision ^^ But if I could get some flat lenses... Glasses look cool.
Robin Firedrake

Postby Dante » Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:34 pm

I don't have glasses but I know that by the time I'm about 30-40 I will likely get them because of all the reading I have to do for college... and staring at the internet.
FKA Pascal
Dante

Postby Debitt » Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:39 pm

My eyesight is abysmal, so I have glasses, but I mostly wear contacts.

[SIZE="5"](*゚∀゚)アハア八アッ八ッノヽ~☆[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DEBS: Fan of that manga where the kid's head is on fire.[/SIZE]
Debitt

Postby Zyborg22 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:15 pm

I wear glasses as well. I can't even keep my eyes open enough while having them dilated, so I doubt I'd be able to have contacts. I wouldn't mind having that LASIC surgery when it becomes possible for me to do so, though.
Zyborg22

Postby Anystazya » Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:18 pm

Ehh, it wouldn't hurt for me to wear glasses. I'm slightly near-sighted...but I think I might wait to see if it gets worse before getting glasses o.o/ I honestly think I'd prefer contacts, though, like two of my siblings...
[color="Plum"]Do not let evil conquer you, but conquer evil by doing good. - Job 40:2 NLT[/color]

[color="Red"]@)[/color][color="Green"]}~`,~[/color] [color="Purple"]Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.[/color]

[color="DarkOrchid"]~Anystazya~[/color]
Anystazya

Postby PrincessZelda » Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:35 pm

I wear glasses, but I'm farsighted, so I only need them for closeup stuff.
"If you are allergic to a thing, it is best not to put that thing in your mouth, particularly if the thing is cats."

PrincessZelda

Postby goldenspines » Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:14 pm

I wore glasses from age 8 up until age 15 when I finally decided that they were too bothersome to take care of and contacts were much easier to wear. That's my own personal opinion though; wearing contacts comes easier to some more than others.
I still wear glasses from time to time if I'm too lazy to put my contacts in, though. ^_^

Interestingly enough, before I had contacts, I never actually knew what color my eyes really were. o.o
goldenspines

Postby sharien chan » Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:21 pm

I'm supposed to wear glasses for distance. But I usually don't....and I hate when they dilate your eyes. My eye guy didn't tell me what he was doing. And of course it was the brightest day ever.
sharien chan

Postby Sanji07 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:24 pm

sharien chan (post: 1340398) wrote:I'm supposed to wear glasses for distance. But I usually don't....and I hate when they dilate your eyes. My eye guy didn't tell me what he was doing. And of course it was the brightest day ever.

You wasn't given any flimsy black 'sunglasses'? That's what I was given.
Sanji07

Postby KhakiBlueSocks » Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:23 pm

ADXC (post: 1340349) wrote:That's really cool! Yes, I do wear glasses as well and have been wearing them for about 11 years. Yeah, they do dilate your eyes.

Quoted for truth. A couple years ago, I decided I wanted to try contact lenses, and I have to say that was the worst experience in the world--sitting in the open-air vision center of Sams Club trying to stick these small pieces of plastic in my eyes with everyone watching and giving me their well meaning, but un-requested methods and procedures for putting them in. I waited until my glasses were done which meant I squinted at the computer screen at work for the better part of a week.

Suffice it to say, my glasses and I are going to be together for a LONG time. Besides, it's on my drivers license that I require corrective lenses while driving--if I go out without them, I can be ticketed.

I have my eyes dilated each time I go to the doctor. The last time I went the doc put the drops in my eyes and then went to go see other paitents. While I was waiting for them to kick in, I started reading a magazine. Next thing I knew, my pupils were as wide as Tohru Honda from "Fruits Basket" and I was almost as blind as Mr. Magoo. Didn't help matters much that the doc had to shine a very bright light in my eyes. But it was a good thing that I lived right around the corner and was able to see enough to drive home....though I did get some odd looks holding my car keys with the temporary sunglasses on my eyes.
Joshua: Hebrew -The LORD is Salvation

" wrote:RustyClaymore 11:27 - Ah yes, Socks is the single raindrop responsible for the flood. XD

Check out my new anime review blog, "The Cajun Samurai"

http://thecajunsamurai.wordpress.com/
KhakiBlueSocks

Postby Sanji07 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:30 pm

Oh man-I HATED it when the doctor shined that light in my eyes. I was actually struggling to keep my eyes open. It actually wasn't that hard to for me to see with my pupils dilated. Strange?
Sanji07

Postby Fantasy Dreamer » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:27 pm

goldenspines (post: 1340390) wrote:Interestingly enough, before I had contacts, I never actually knew what color my eyes really were. o.o

Haha, probably because they were hidden behind your glasses? You know how in shows and movies and stuff people who wear glasses all the time take them off for whatever reason/get contacts for whatever reason and someone will be like "Hey, I never noticed your eyes were (insert random color here)!" The Spidermand movie is an example of this. XD

And, yes, I wear glasses. I didn't need glasses until I was 18, so I've only had them for two years. One day, I was in a restaurant with my family and my brother was like "Hey, read what that sign says!" (it was a funny sign) and said sign was on the other side of said restaurant. When I turned around I couldn't and I was like, "Um, hey, I can't read that!" so my Mom said "Uh-oh" and took me to the eye doctor. I never realized how blurry my vision had been until the Doc gave me those glasses... my jaw dropped, I was like "I can see!" I truly had been missing things.

But, long story short (XD) I only have to wear them for things at a distance. Like when driving, but I rarely if ever wear them when driving. XD Oops...
"Be strong, and let your heart take courage, all you who wait for the Lord!" - Psalm 31:24

"MOES: Sig. Or sig not. There is no scroll."

My Fanfiction.net account
My DA account
My MAL

"An XD a post will keep humor at its most." - Goldenspines <3
Fantasy Dreamer

Postby Ante Bellum » Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:07 pm

Ante is currently wearing glasses but wears contacts otherwise. And yes, they are colored contacts. People probably don't remember what Ante's eye color is.
Ante Bellum

Postby Amzi Live » Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:23 pm

>>
I'm assuming that the reason most of the people here voted that they have glasses (Including me) is because the thread naturally attracts people who already use glasses,and not because we have been exposing ourselves too much to bright,and flashy monitors.
:D
[font="Arial Narrow"] Teach me thy way, O LORD; I will walk in thy truth: unite my heart to fear thy name. Psalm86:11[/font]
Proud lurker? Join MOES,and help us stay cool.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Amzi Live

Postby xblack_x_rosesx » Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:22 pm

I wear glasses and contact lenses. Lazy days are glasses.

For the record, you need to wear contact lenses for a while STRAIGHT before you can get used to them.
It took me about two weeks of fifteen minute mornings trying to put them in before I actually was able to just "pop" them in.
You're eye kind of needs to adjust itself- it has to learn how to "reblink". It takes getting used to.

[SIZE="1"] You wanna sink, so I'm gonna let you. [/SIZE]

[DA hooray.]
xblack_x_rosesx

Postby Doubleshadow » Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:01 pm

I'm nearsighted as all heck, and I love my glasses because I think they go with my personality. I had to wear contacts for ballet and they were way too much trouble.
[color="Red"]As a man thinks in his heart, so is he. - Proverbs 23:7[/color]

The Sundries
Robin: "If we close our eyes, we can't see anything."
Batman: "A sound observation, Robin."
Doubleshadow

Postby EricTheFred » Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:10 pm

Trifocals. I tried to used contacts for a while (with reading glasses) but the farsightedness created by the contacts so that I could see distance was so bad I couldn't find reading glasses that would work for both reading and driving.

Old age stinks.
May the Lord bless you and keep you.
May He cause His face to shine upon you.
May He lift up His countenance and grant you peace.

Maokun: Ninjas or Pirates? (Vikings are not a valid answer, sorry)

EricTheFred: Vikings are always a valid answer.

Feel free to visit My Writing.com Portfolio

Largo: "Well Ed, good to see ya. Guess I gotta beat the crap out of you now."

Jamie Hyneman: "It's just another lovely day at the bomb range. Birds are singing, rabbits are hopping about, and soon there's going to be a big explosion."
EricTheFred

Postby ~darkelfgirl~ » Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:41 pm

Been wearing glasses for eight years, but I switched to contacts a month ago. Lately, I've been wearing my glasses since I've had quite a few lazy mornings/I forgot to put them in the cleaning solution overnight.

Let me tell you one thing that STINKS about contacts. Mixing up and forgetting which one is for the right and for the left. I also managed to obliterate one of the lenses on the second day LOL.

Does anyone have glasses with transition lenses? I think I've had mine for 2-3 years, and the transition coating is peeling off ...
[color=purple][font=Tahoma][color=royalblue]"But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint."--[/color]Isaiah 40:31
[/font]
[/color]
~darkelfgirl~

Postby Hana Ryuuzaki » Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:07 pm

[font="palatino Linotype"]I've had glasses ever since Third Grade. Ugh, the lenses used to keep popping out. DARN KID-ROUGHNESS. D<

And I'd actually never knew how bad my eyes were (in power-levels) until this past month.
425/500, Dual Astigmatism.
AND YES. I SAID 425/500.
u.u
It's extreme nearsightedness. BUT I am goign to try and gather up some monies for a few specialized contacts.... like some from THIS site!!
http://www.9mmsfx.com/lenses.html
Be warned, if you don't handle grotesque things well, don't look there. But there are a lot of cool normal, freaky, and anime-themed ones there. ^^

I MEAN, SILVER REFLECTIVE CONTACT LENSES?! SERIOUSLY?! XDDD[/font]
[SIGPIC]http://christiananime.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=9906&dateline=1214542817[/SIGPIC]
[SIZE="1"][color="Plum"]WHY GOD MADE J-ROCK: Kamijo[/color][/SIZE]
[color="LightBlue"][SIZE="3"][font="Century Gothic"]Crucify My Love, If My Love Is Blind...[/SIZE][/color][/font]
Hana Ryuuzaki

Postby Etoh*the*Greato » Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:22 am

Robin Firedrake (post: 1340355) wrote:I don't need glasses. 20/15 vision ^^ But if I could get some flat lenses... Glasses look cool.

Stare at a computer for a long time. In the dark. While dripping lemonade in your eyes.

Then you can wear glasses.

I got contacts. They tell you you'll get better at putting them in. I had the opposite effect. I got worse. I was actually pretty good at it at first and then I got slowly worse. By the end of a month I was going in to school angry because I'd just spent thirty minutes poking myself in the eye.
"I do not feel obliged to believe that that same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo Galilei
ImageImageImageImage
Etoh*the*Greato

Postby EricTheFred » Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:49 am

~darkelfgirl~ (post: 1342634) wrote:Been wearing glasses for eight years, but I switched to contacts a month ago. Lately, I've been wearing my glasses since I've had quite a few lazy mornings/I forgot to put them in the cleaning solution overnight.

Let me tell you one thing that STINKS about contacts. Mixing up and forgetting which one is for the right and for the left. I also managed to obliterate one of the lenses on the second day LOL.

Does anyone have glasses with transition lenses? I think I've had mine for 2-3 years, and the transition coating is peeling off ...

I had some several years ago, but I'm so rough on glasses the coatings always rub away. It looked really weird in sunlight.

Hana Ryuuzaki (post: 1342636) wrote:[font="palatino Linotype"]I've had glasses ever since Third Grade. Ugh, the lenses used to keep popping out. DARN KID-ROUGHNESS. D<

And I'd actually never knew how bad my eyes were (in power-levels) until this past month.
425/500, Dual Astigmatism.
AND YES. I SAID 425/500.
u.u

I'm lopsided, 20/350 on one side and 20/600 on the other, both with astigmatism. For my contacts I actually had to have completely different kinds for the two sides (not just different strength, different product lines!)

When I was young, glasses were made of real glass. My lenses were so heavy that I would bend my frames so they would grip my head. I constantly got infections in the back of my ears. Polycarbonate lenses are a blessing from heaven.
May the Lord bless you and keep you.
May He cause His face to shine upon you.
May He lift up His countenance and grant you peace.

Maokun: Ninjas or Pirates? (Vikings are not a valid answer, sorry)

EricTheFred: Vikings are always a valid answer.

Feel free to visit My Writing.com Portfolio

Largo: "Well Ed, good to see ya. Guess I gotta beat the crap out of you now."

Jamie Hyneman: "It's just another lovely day at the bomb range. Birds are singing, rabbits are hopping about, and soon there's going to be a big explosion."
EricTheFred

Postby Ante Bellum » Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:31 am

Hana Ryuuzaki (post: 1342636) wrote:[font="palatino Linotype"]BUT I am goign to try and gather up some monies for a few specialized contacts.... like some from THIS site!!
http://www.9mmsfx.com/lenses.html
Be warned, if you don't handle grotesque things well, don't look there. But there are a lot of cool normal, freaky, and anime-themed ones there. ^^

I MEAN, SILVER REFLECTIVE CONTACT LENSES?! SERIOUSLY?! XDDD[/font]

Sadly, mirrored lenses are only for movie producers. I'd imagine that it would cause a lot of problems. What a lot of people are concerned about is that if kids share contacts because of how they look. 1-800-CONTACTS won't sell them at all.
Sclera contacts (the ones that cover the entire eye!) would be difficult to wear. I'd try them once, for a dare...but otherwise, my colored contacts are regular ones with color patterns printed around where the iris is. They even had one called "Moonlight" which gave really subtle silver hints to the eyes. Did I mention subtle?
Ante Bellum

Postby KagayakiWashi » Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:54 am

I had glasses, then I switched to contacts. Alot like Khaki, I spent forever trying to put the contacts in....for me it might have been 20 minutes. Everytime my finger touched my eyelash, I blinked. Ugh! Anyways, now I'm very familiar with the routine of poking my eyes, so it doesn't bother me anymore (and I can pull eye lashes out of my eyeballs when they fall in without much trouble too)
Well, when the year was up I had to get another eye exam. That costs money....so I wnt back to glasses because I'm cheap. THEN, a kid broke my glasses on accident....so I had to get an appointment and get contacts. Since I'm still cheap, I haven't bought any glasses and I'm still wearing contacts. I need to change my contacts. Oh well.
"To be a good listener, you must acquire a musical culture...you must be familiar with the history and development of music, you must listen...to receive music you have to open your ears and wait for the music, you must believe that it is something you need ...to listen is an effort, and just to hear has no merit. A duck hears also." - Igor Stravinsky
Are you hurting? Struggling with something? Need an ear? Check out The Hopeline! https://www.thehopeline.com/CSDefault.aspx
The Blog! http://kagayakiwashi.livejournal.com/
KagayakiWashi

Location: Constantly chasing the dragonfly of love....or something like that

Postby Nate » Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:02 pm

I wear glasses and will never wear contacts. Because I look hideous without glasses on.

...well okay, I look hideous WITH them on too, but I look less hideous.

Also, glasses + girl = hot. That is all.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Ante Bellum » Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:19 pm

Depends.
Ante Bellum

Postby Bobtheduck » Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:32 pm

I think most nerds and geeks have glasses because we spend long periods staring at Computer monitors, TVs, and books.

Nate (post: 1342734) wrote:Also, glasses + girl = hot. That is all.

Provided they're wearing nice glasses, yes. This is true.

Hint: If the glasses look like weapons or extra appendages or like they could possibly be used as a certain other clothing item for females, they're not nice glasses.

Small, simple... Black or clear frames. No granny glasses. No '80s glasses...

So, I'm a discerning meganekko lover.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Corkyspaniel » Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:40 pm

[ATTACH]34762[/ATTACH]
[color="YellowGreen"]Why yes, I do wear glasses. 8-) The weird foldyglasses are my favourite part! :p Did they puff air into your eye? I did not enjoy that, as I got no warning.[/color]
EDIT: I got a new pair. 8D I look like a cool nerd, 'cause they're all edgy now.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
[color="Green"][SIZE="2"]There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.1 Corinthians 10:13, KJV[/SIZE][/color]
---
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][font="Comic Sans MS"][color="DarkOrange"][SIZE="4"][/SIZE][SIZE="4"]Believe it!!![/color][/font][/SIZE]
[font="Comic Sans MS"][color="DarkOrchid"] [SIZE="2"]~Neji/Tenten fan~[/SIZE][/color][/font]
Corkyspaniel

Next

Return to General