Lesson Of The Day!

Talk about anything in here.

Lesson Of The Day!

Postby Tsukuyomi » Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:49 pm

This can actually go in multiple places here, but we'll stick with General until further notice ^^

I was cleaning my room again (I'm not terribly messy, but it's nice to keep your room clean now and then) and I realized that I don't have to be a pack rat when it comes to things of sentimental value to me ^__^

I was so bad, that I would save the boxes gifts came in.. I'd even save the wrapping paper as well xDDD;

I can pitch that stuff away and keep what really counts.. The actual gifts ^___^

What are some of the little (or big) things you learn everyday ^^?
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby Roy Mustang » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:07 pm

Never trust a six year old with a hammer!

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Red"]Col. Roy Mustang[/color][/font]
Roy Mustang

Postby Tsukuyomi » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:11 pm

Roy Mustang (post: 1338312) wrote:Never trust a six year old with a hammer!

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Red"]Col. Roy Mustang[/color][/font]

Lol, dare I ask what made you learn this lesson XDD?
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby SnoringFrog » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:34 pm

Tsukuyomi (post: 1338313) wrote:Lol, dare I ask what made you learn this lesson XDD?

I'd venture that is what a six-year-old with a hammer that made him learn it. :lol:

I've learned that whenver I'm "almost done" for the night on the computer, it will inevitably lock up for 20-40 minutes. Like tonight, I was about done at 2:05, it's now 2:35.
UC Pseudonym wrote:For a while I wasn't sure how to answer this, and then I thought "What would Batman do?" Excuse me while I find a warehouse with a skylight...
[SIZE="7"][color="MediumTurquoise"]Cobalt Figure 8[/color][/SIZE]
DeviantArt || Myspace || Facebook || Greasemonkey Scripts || Stylish Userstyles
SnoringFrog

Postby Debitt » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:38 pm

Not only today, but the past two weeks have taught me that Google maps has deep childhood trauma about giving correct directions, and should never be trusted.

[SIZE="5"](*゚∀゚)アハア八アッ八ッノヽ~☆[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DEBS: Fan of that manga where the kid's head is on fire.[/SIZE]
Debitt

Postby KagayakiWashi » Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:25 pm

To get involved with people's lives and show them the love of Christ, even if it means taking time out of your "busy" schedule and actually do some caring. You never know how much that will affect someone.....either way (by taking time or not taking time).
"To be a good listener, you must acquire a musical culture...you must be familiar with the history and development of music, you must listen...to receive music you have to open your ears and wait for the music, you must believe that it is something you need ...to listen is an effort, and just to hear has no merit. A duck hears also." - Igor Stravinsky
Are you hurting? Struggling with something? Need an ear? Check out The Hopeline! https://www.thehopeline.com/CSDefault.aspx
The Blog! http://kagayakiwashi.livejournal.com/
KagayakiWashi

Location: Constantly chasing the dragonfly of love....or something like that

Postby MBlight » Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:38 pm

I learnt today that there are far too many James Bond movies around...
I am a Rat Activist!

My Blog: http://mhitchens.wordpress.com

@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

Proud member of MOES!
MBlight

Postby sharien chan » Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:46 pm

Debitt (post: 1338316) wrote:Not only today, but the past two weeks have taught me that Google maps has deep childhood trauma about giving correct directions, and should never be trusted.

This! Learned that yesterday. And everyone says its much better than mapquest.com
sharien chan

Postby Debitt » Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:12 pm

sharien chan (post: 1338361) wrote:This! Learned that yesterday. And everyone says its much better than mapquest.com

That is a lie and anyone who says that is a liar.

Because mapquest.com will actually send you to the right city.

Debitt

Postby ShiroiHikari » Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:58 pm

Debitt (post: 1338316) wrote:Not only today, but the past two weeks have taught me that Google maps has deep childhood trauma about giving correct directions, and should never be trusted.

I have also learned this. ._. It has failed me many times lately and that makes me sad because I want to like it SO MUCH. ;_;

I learned today that when you see something you really want, and at a good price, GET IT because you never know when it'll be discontinued by the manufacturer.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby KeybladeWarrior » Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:15 pm

If someone is ticking you off, just walk away and not argue with them. -_-
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All
The CAA Moderators.

"YEAH TOAST! TOCAA!"
KeybladeWarrior

Postby ChristianKitsune » Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:20 pm

Something I heard in Church today, (and I posted this on my facebook and DA, so sorry if someone sees this AGAIN)

If you think your life is unfair, remember what Christ did for us, and then you relize you really have no reason to complain.

It's a very humbling statement.
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby Debitt » Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:27 pm

After glazing over the word countless times, I finally bothered to make myself learn the Japanese word for 'spoiler'. Very handy.

Not that I get my knickers in a knot over spoilers, but you never know when you'll need it.

Debitt

Postby rocklobster » Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:19 am

ChristianKitsune (post: 1338631) wrote:Something I heard in Church today, (and I posted this on my facebook and DA, so sorry if someone sees this AGAIN)

If you think your life is unfair, remember what Christ did for us, and then you relize you really have no reason to complain.

It's a very humbling statement.

qft.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby xblack_x_rosesx » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:49 am

I learned that chocolate is actually a sure cure for just about anything.

I also learned that coffee cannot be a continuous substitute for sleep. I'm definitely not functional at work today.

[SIZE="1"] You wanna sink, so I'm gonna let you. [/SIZE]

[DA hooray.]
xblack_x_rosesx

Postby Hana Ryuuzaki » Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:17 am

[font="palatino Linotype"]I learned today that my dad can snore. Really REALLY loudly.
Enough to wake himself up sometimes. o_o

And to to learn to pay attention when you're walking on a wooden porch that has lots of gaps between the wood. >>;[/font]
[SIGPIC]http://christiananime.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=9906&dateline=1214542817[/SIGPIC]
[SIZE="1"][color="Plum"]WHY GOD MADE J-ROCK: Kamijo[/color][/SIZE]
[color="LightBlue"][SIZE="3"][font="Century Gothic"]Crucify My Love, If My Love Is Blind...[/SIZE][/color][/font]
Hana Ryuuzaki

Postby KhakiBlueSocks » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:21 am

[font="Trebuchet MS"][SIZE="4"][color="RoyalBlue"]I had to be reminded of one very important lesson today--actually it's more or less an unwritten rule:

NO barbershops are open on Monday mornings. Period. End of sentence.[/color][/SIZE][/font]
Joshua: Hebrew -The LORD is Salvation

" wrote:RustyClaymore 11:27 - Ah yes, Socks is the single raindrop responsible for the flood. XD

Check out my new anime review blog, "The Cajun Samurai"

http://thecajunsamurai.wordpress.com/
KhakiBlueSocks

Postby Steffyn Desu » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:36 am

I discovered that my dog growls at me in my sleep. I didn't know I snored ;o;
Steffyn Desu

Postby Tsukuyomi » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:46 am

Hana Ryuuzaki (post: 1338701) wrote:[font="palatino Linotype"]I learned today that my dad can snore. Really REALLY loudly.
Enough to wake himself up sometimes. o_o

And to to learn to pay attention when you're walking on a wooden porch that has lots of gaps between the wood. >>]

[quote="Steffyn Desu (post: 1338727)"]I discovered that my dog growls at me in my sleep. I didn't know I snored ]

They say you snore if you're really tired.

I hardly snore, so when I do, I actually notice and wake myself up xDDD It's like,"Ewww, I'm snoring.. stop that D:<" XDD

I learned that it's ok if I forgot this or that once in a while.. I'm human too 8D
Tsukuyomi

Postby Dante » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:05 pm

I figured this one out recently, it comes with a nice phrase too.

Every day, they value of the dollar continues to decline, but people place more value in money then ever before.
FKA Pascal
Dante

Postby Davidizer13 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:28 pm

I learned that this one white supremacist group that I thought got sued out of existence is still around here. Bah.

They shot at some protesters at a parade of theirs a few years ago, then the protesters sued and won, and the group had to sell all their stuff and go away. Or so I thought, until I found a lovely flier from them this morning. *shakes head*
We are loved even though we suck.

Psalms 37:37 (NHEB)
Mark the perfect man, and see the upright, for there is a future for the man of peace.
Davidizer13

Postby Tsukuyomi » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:24 pm

I learned that sometimes it's best to let someone believe what they believe (depending on what it is of course) ^^
Tsukuyomi

Postby MBlight » Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:45 am

I learned today that I can't measure my success for the day only by the harvest that I reap, but rather by the seeds that I've planted...
I am a Rat Activist!

My Blog: http://mhitchens.wordpress.com

@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

Proud member of MOES!
MBlight

Postby Ante Bellum » Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:50 am

There used to be a fun...bug, one could say, that allowed you to get directions from NYC to London. About the 20-22 direction it would say, "Swim across the Atlantic Ocean." It's gone now, but was epic when it was still around.
Today's lesson is: Common sense is a need, end of story.
Ante Bellum

Postby sharien chan » Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:52 am

Debitt (post: 1338374) wrote:That is a lie and anyone who says that is a liar.

Because mapquest.com will actually send you to the right city.

MY favorite is when it tells you to take "local roads"...and then leaves you hanging on what that actually means.
sharien chan

Postby Ante Bellum » Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:04 am

Hahahahaha...
OnStar is starting to slack off as well. In short, what must be done is get directions for people who love to take their own time, wait for said directions, follow them until they lead you to road construction or an undesired way, turn off, wait for recalculations, fail, call again, repeat, keep going until you get to the area and then ask a local.
Ante Bellum

Postby rocklobster » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:19 am

Didn't learn this today, but it's still food for thought:
Just because you're through with school or college, doesn't mean your education has truly ended.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Tsukuyomi » Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:15 pm

I learned that if you don't say what you mean, people won't understand you 8D
Tsukuyomi

Postby Momo-P » Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:40 pm

I think I actually heard this one sometime ago, but it wasn't until today I actually got an explanation for it. When dry brushing your skin (or washing/rubbing/etc.), always brush towards the heart. Brushing away adds more pressure and can cause ruptured vessels and varicose veins.

...that's always good to know.
Momo-P

Postby SnoringFrog » Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:51 pm

That one friendship you've got that's worth holding onto and not letting fade away like the rest is gonna disappear just like all the others--let it go when you should in the first place and don't hold on to it for months longer so that it completely ruins you when it ends.
UC Pseudonym wrote:For a while I wasn't sure how to answer this, and then I thought "What would Batman do?" Excuse me while I find a warehouse with a skylight...
[SIZE="7"][color="MediumTurquoise"]Cobalt Figure 8[/color][/SIZE]
DeviantArt || Myspace || Facebook || Greasemonkey Scripts || Stylish Userstyles
SnoringFrog

Next

Return to General