What Movies are you Watching?

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby Kkun » Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:56 pm

A Night at the Roxbury. It is one of the greatest films ever made.
I'm a shoe-in for hater of the year.
Kkun

Postby GhostontheNet » Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:11 pm

Tonight I watched A Knight's Tale and I Am Legend.

ShiroiHikari (post: 1332621) wrote:Surprisingly good film.
Agreed, except for the "surprisingly" part. Myself, I knew it would be good the instant I saw that ominous red cover with the big watchful eyes over London and the biohazard looming overhead.
GhostontheNet

Postby Makachop^^128 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:21 pm

back to the future 3 ^^ I love these movies
"We're not gonna die. We can't die, Bendis. You know why? Because we are so...very...pretty. We are just too pretty for God to let us die."-Mal

http://www.facebook.com/ShaylaChan

http://www.shelfari.com/shaylabot
http://myanimelist.net/profile/ShaylaBot
Makachop^^128

Postby Bobtheduck » Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:13 am

Just watched the Watchmen (ha!) for the first time, and... One scene I found really freaking disturbing was the dogs... I was forcefully reminded of Higurashi by what happened right after (though that's not the part of that scene that disturbed me, it was what we saw just before) Then there was the "Broken Halleluyah" scene... Wasn't disturbing, just kind of stupid. Anyhow, I mostly liked it. It's the dark, gritty superhero thing without going the much more realistic route of Dark Knight. I wonder if they shouldn't have just gone the extra mile and [spoiler]Brought in the giant mutant squid[/spoiler] since I doubt it would have been damaged by it... Still ok, though.

I want to get the video comic for it (which is not on netflix). I'm a fan of audio-books, and the video comic is the comic book equivalent of an audio book. I saw the first half hour or so of it, really liked it (even though Laurie had a man's voice...) It's the only way I'll see a "movie" that's a 100% direct translation...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby KagayakiWashi » Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:54 pm

Yesterday I watched "The Cat Returns" with my sister and then finished up "The Hidden Fortress" (I had been watching it in little chunks). Both of those movies are so wonderful!
One of my favorite scenes in "The Hidden Fortress" goes like this:

"Don't touch me, fool! It's uncomfortable enough!"

"It's your face that makes me uncomfortable!"

"Leave my face alone."

"I hate the way you blink all the time."
"There you go again."

"Shut up. Put your filthy teeth away."
"Show them to me once more and I'll bash them in."
"To be a good listener, you must acquire a musical culture...you must be familiar with the history and development of music, you must listen...to receive music you have to open your ears and wait for the music, you must believe that it is something you need ...to listen is an effort, and just to hear has no merit. A duck hears also." - Igor Stravinsky
Are you hurting? Struggling with something? Need an ear? Check out The Hopeline! https://www.thehopeline.com/CSDefault.aspx
The Blog! http://kagayakiwashi.livejournal.com/
KagayakiWashi

Location: Constantly chasing the dragonfly of love....or something like that

Postby GhostontheNet » Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:08 pm

Earlier I watched The Grudge 3, and tonight I watched Suspiria.

KagayakiWashi (post: 1332951) wrote:Yesterday I watched "The Cat Returns"
Oh yes, The Cat Returns is a cracking good time, and a proud part of my movie collection.
GhostontheNet

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:07 pm

GhostontheNet, I have a question: For someone who really liked The Grudge, is it worth watching The Grudge 2 and 3? Or are they just stupid sequels?

Anyway, most recently I watched:

Monsters vs. Aliens - Surprisingly good. Hilarious, but much less crude humor than I was afraid of (since it was made by Dreamworks, and since one of the crude jokes was in the trailer). The monsters were all really fun, especially Bob. And the president dancing to Crazy Frog is an experience I'll never forget :dizzy: Though on that note, I thought the president was a tad too over-the-top in a couple parts.

Journey to the Center of the Earth - Though at times somewhat cheesy and predictable, this was mostly a fun, enjoyable movie. It helped that Josh Hutcherson was in it, because that kid really knows how to act. Somehow he managed to look absolutely terrified, yet not look like a wimp, which is quite an accomplishment if you ask me. I suppose I might have gotten more out of it if I'd read Jules Verne, but still it was a cool exploration sort of movie. I was even brought to tears in one part.

Wallander (I think there was a subtitle, but I can't find it now) - A simple British detective movie. Very engrossing, though I had some trouble understanding them sometimes because they would mumble and I couldn't put on subtitles (I can't stand watching movies without subtitles). It's a little intense at times, with murder and attempted suicide, and they talk about characters being gay. They didn't seem to be saying that it's okay or not okay to be gay, they were just saying that was how it was. I appreciated that. A lot. There were also some extremely emotional scenes, some good twists (one of which I could actually see coming, to my surprise), and great acting.

And just the other day, I went to see Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince in the theater. I liked it a lot, and it makes me more eager than ever for the final two movies to come out.
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby GhostontheNet » Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:55 am

Tonight I watched Doctor Who and The Ring.

the_wolfs_howl (post: 1333429) wrote:GhostontheNet, I have a question: For someone who really liked The Grudge, is it worth watching The Grudge 2 and 3? Or are they just stupid sequels?
If you're a fan, then I'd definitely go ahead and watch them. In the creative fields, there's a well-known phenomenon in which your best work is, in a certain sense, a disaster to your career, because audiences expect exactly that level of excellence every time. Likewise, failing this, you'll often hear disappointed audiences go on and on about how bad a sequel is, when actually, it's pretty good in its own right. The Grudge 2 is one such film, and I would take the critics with a grain of salt. And as for The Grudge 3, I really liked it, and I think it will give the series a rejuvenating shot in the arm.
GhostontheNet

Postby GhostontheNet » Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:30 pm

Last night I watched The Little Girl Who Lives Down the Lane.
GhostontheNet

Postby GeneD » Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:45 pm

Watched Slumdog Millionaire tonight. Wow.
I don't know what broke to make you like this, but I must be broken too if I'm standing here praising your destructiveness. -Rock (Black Lagoon)

As I had encountered kindness, I wanted to be kind myself. -Takashi Natsume (Natsume's Book of Friends)

MAL
Twitter
MOES: Promoting sane sigs.
GeneD

Postby ich1990 » Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:21 pm

Where an Eidolon, named night, on a black throne reigns upright.
ich1990

Postby GhostontheNet » Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:01 am

Tonight I watched Coraline and Suspiria.

ich1990 (post: 1334590) wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXn2QVipK2o
That was a slow burn with a nice payoff, not bad.
GhostontheNet

Postby GhostontheNet » Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:53 am

Tonight I watched Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Let the Right One In.
GhostontheNet

Postby GhostontheNet » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:19 pm

I just finished watching Vertigo. Arggh, that was the most misogynistic movie I have ever seen in my life.
GhostontheNet

Postby ich1990 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:12 pm

Not movies but....

X-Men Evolutions Season 2

The setting and characters were really starting to annoy me about halfway through this season and I pretty much gave up on the series. I continued watching more out of habit than anything else. The last three episodes were probably the most interesting so far, though, and have convinced me to continue watching.

Stargate SG-1 Season 4

I love this series, and this season contains some standout episodes.
ich1990

Postby GhostontheNet » Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:28 am

I just finished a very long horror movie marathon, and watched Inferno, Mother of Tears, Session 9, and May.
GhostontheNet

Postby GhostontheNet » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:01 pm

I just finished watching Ginger Snaps.
GhostontheNet

Postby GhostontheNet » Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:19 am

Tonight I watched Sleepy Hollow.
GhostontheNet

Postby GhostontheNet » Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:47 am

Yesterday I watched The Red Balloon, Ed Wood, and Coraline.
GhostontheNet

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:48 am

Watched Star Trek again at the dollar theater :D I LOVE that movie.
Shao Feng-Li

Postby GhostontheNet » Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:59 am

Tonight I went out to see Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince again, and later I watched Repo! The Genetic Opera.
GhostontheNet

Postby ich1990 » Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:06 pm

HP: The Sorceror's Stone
HP: The Chamber of Secrets
HP: The Prisoner of Azkaban (half)
HP: The Goblet of Fire
HP: The Order of the Phoenix

I had forgotten how long CoS was (almost three hours) and how rushed GoF felt (it probably would have been better split into two movies).

Dr. No

It is surprising how much damage one movie can do to my opinion of Sean Connery. Also, how did James Bond ever become popular with such an awful beginning?
ich1990

Postby ShiroiHikari » Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:24 pm

I watched Back to the Future for the 8000th time yesterday. It is still a great movie.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby pikmintaro » Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:50 pm

I've been watching through a bunch of Ernest movies.
If God is your "co-pilot" then you need to switch seats.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
pikmintaro

Postby ich1990 » Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:49 pm

The Patriot

An excellent movie. It did a very good job of showing the Revolutionary War without glorifying it. For all its bloodshed, violence, and war heroes, it promoted pacifism, which is not an easy thing to do.

Then again, I have a soft spot for War Epics.
ich1990

Postby Danderson » Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:02 pm

Finally watched Eagle Eye....and added it to my ultimate favourites list....

The whole thing was an intense thrill ride, yet at it's heart was a good plot. It featured car chases that had me screaming, "Did they just pull that off..." meaning some of the best I've ever seen....most car chases I just watch and go "meh." This one actually got me excited. That and it shows off Shia Lebuffs better acting stuff.....so, yes, AWESOME!!!
Danderson

Postby GhostontheNet » Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:18 pm

I just finished watching You've Got Mail.
GhostontheNet

Postby Makachop^^128 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:33 pm

just finished the samurai trilogy about Musashi I loved it
and yesterday I watched steamboy
"We're not gonna die. We can't die, Bendis. You know why? Because we are so...very...pretty. We are just too pretty for God to let us die."-Mal

http://www.facebook.com/ShaylaChan

http://www.shelfari.com/shaylabot
http://myanimelist.net/profile/ShaylaBot
Makachop^^128

Postby Sheol777 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:10 am

Hancock - ...actually I kinda liked it.
Image........... My Deep Space Nine Podcast ........... My Anime List...........
Sheol777

Postby Kkun » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:30 am

GhostontheNet (post: 1337360) wrote:I just finished watching You've Got Mail.

Nora Ephron FTW.

I'm currently watching The Dark Knight. I haven't seen it since late last year. I'd forgotten how much I love this movie and Christopher Nolan.
I'm a shoe-in for hater of the year.
Kkun

Previous Next

Return to General Entertainment