Most Memorable CAA Moments

Talk about anything in here.

Postby ShiroiHikari » Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:24 am

Nate (post: 1328432) wrote:Oh, and does anyone else remember the dark days of CAA with the dreaded "DATABASE ERROR" screen? That error screen was my mortal enemy. Except it wasn't really mortal.

ARRRRRRGHHH I hated that frigging thing.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Tsukuyomi » Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:14 pm

uc pseudonym (post: 1328505) wrote:My habit of copying anything longer than a few sentences before submitting has stuck with me to this day.

Ooooooh, I think I was around. I think o___o?

I think this may have been when I was active in the RP Section, so having my long winded post not be there when I submitted them, really sucked X__X

Or, i may have been booted off from being inactive for so long at a time :-?
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby Doubleshadow » Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:03 pm

Fish and Kkun failing to rescue the mayor (governors?) daughter in the chat. Also, when I first joined, I found an old thread called something like Journey to the Land of Bishies. Unintended hilarity galore.
[color="Red"]As a man thinks in his heart, so is he. - Proverbs 23:7[/color]

The Sundries
Robin: "If we close our eyes, we can't see anything."
Batman: "A sound observation, Robin."
Doubleshadow

Postby ~darkelfgirl~ » Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:17 pm

Eh, haven't been on here for a good while, but my good memories are:

Me and Temmy's Loz vs. Reno battles/Tems' evil plans/minion for Tem then being fired then working for JadenMental

the Nations and States RP wars with my good ol' char Mirzen Sharakar (notice his initials are M.S.--just realized that LOL)

Tsuki pming me about her stalker

The thread about my stalker (in real life)

The whole Goof-Off election

Rushia and her ninja grammar

Ratrace, animedude, ManofChrist and I had this epic showdown in the "You're Banned" thread.

Argh...I hope I'm not forgetting anything, hehe.
[color=purple][font=Tahoma][color=royalblue]"But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint."--[/color]Isaiah 40:31
[/font]
[/color]
~darkelfgirl~

Postby PrincessZelda » Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:41 pm

This thread makes me happy XD
"If you are allergic to a thing, it is best not to put that thing in your mouth, particularly if the thing is cats."

PrincessZelda

Postby Ante Bellum » Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:47 pm

Tsukuyomi (post: 1328494) wrote:
This one is kinda recent, but will never be forgotten (by me at least). A memory that will always stay is The Fabulous Peanut coming out of the closet XDD I lol'd back then and is loling now as we speak XDD

I didn't know that was going to happen! Really!
By the way...
PEANUT! BACK IN THE CLOSET!
Ante Bellum

Postby ADXC » Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:21 am

~darkelfgirl~ (post: 1329578) wrote:Ratrace, animedude, ManofChrist and I had this epic showdown in the "You're Banned" thread.

Oh yeah, I remember now. Man that was a while back! But yeah it was Epic.
ADXC

Postby Mithrandir » Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:55 pm

uc pseudonym (post: 1328505) wrote:My habit of copying anything longer than a few sentences before submitting has stuck with me to this day.

I can't tell... Are you bitter, or happy? ;)

I *hope* I've managed to wrestle all of these into submission, but I do occasionally see evidence that someone might have gotten another DB error. Since the system emails me EVERY TIME one those happened in the past, I can guarantee you guys that it annoyed me more than all youz guyz together. ;)

I remember the day I woke up on a Saturday morning, bleary eyed, and wandered over to my email client while I waited for the coffee pot to finish brewing. When I say I had 350,000 new messages, I decided I would rather just turn off my computer and forget about it for a few hours.
Mithrandir

Postby Tsukuyomi » Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:29 pm

[quote="Mithrandir (post: 1330243)"]I can't tell... Are you bitter, or happy? ]

Lol, awww XDD I take it that may have sparked up another memory, huh xDD

@Anony: Fish changed his avatar to ML's.. xDD;
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby SnoringFrog » Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:01 pm

Just had another memory come to mind!

When MSP got rid of his famed bunny avatar, someone (I believe it was UC) suggested that someone make an avatar declaring that "the bunny is dead" and I was the person to do that. I don't think I kept it for more than a few weeks though.
UC Pseudonym wrote:For a while I wasn't sure how to answer this, and then I thought "What would Batman do?" Excuse me while I find a warehouse with a skylight...
[SIZE="7"][color="MediumTurquoise"]Cobalt Figure 8[/color][/SIZE]
DeviantArt || Myspace || Facebook || Greasemonkey Scripts || Stylish Userstyles
SnoringFrog

Postby Radical Dreamer » Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:07 pm

SnoringFrog (post: 1330275) wrote:Just had another memory come to mind!

When MSP got rid of his famed bunny avatar, someone (I believe it was UC) suggested that someone make an avatar declaring that "the bunny is dead" and I was the person to do that. I don't think I kept it for more than a few weeks though.

[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby SnoringFrog » Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:30 pm

Radical Dreamer (post: 1330277) wrote:Image

I've since lost the one I used then, it was just that ddr pad with the text "the bunny is dead" slapped on above it.
UC Pseudonym wrote:For a while I wasn't sure how to answer this, and then I thought "What would Batman do?" Excuse me while I find a warehouse with a skylight...
[SIZE="7"][color="MediumTurquoise"]Cobalt Figure 8[/color][/SIZE]
DeviantArt || Myspace || Facebook || Greasemonkey Scripts || Stylish Userstyles
SnoringFrog

Postby Debitt » Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:26 am

Anony finally posts things that I remember! :lol: For some reason the image Ashley's avatar with a curly moustache drawn on it comes to mind. Forget whose that was.

...or if it actually happened. I may just be making that up in my head. It's been a while.

[SIZE="5"](*゚∀゚)アハア八アッ八ッノヽ~☆[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DEBS: Fan of that manga where the kid's head is on fire.[/SIZE]
Debitt

Postby Nate » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:27 am

I think Azier was the one with the Snidely Whiplash mustache avatar.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby rocklobster » Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:20 pm

Nate (post: 1330428) wrote:I think Azier was the one with the Snidely Whiplash mustache avatar.

This was all done to celebrate the release of V For Vendetta. Which was actually a decent movie, unless you read the book.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Nate » Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:27 pm

Wait, why would people be defacing Ashley's avatar of a character from Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne to celebrate the release of V for Vendetta? I'm failing to make the logic connection there.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Tsukuyomi » Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:21 pm

anonymous (post: 1330381) wrote:pfft oh that. XDD

which then reminds me of the time when everyone copied Ashley's avatar and started making variations of it. heh.

and i remember getting those error messages too. and losing long replies when i forgot to copy them, and then getting frustrated and giving up. or occasionally being stubborn enough to retype all of the content I had.

Lol, I remember this, but UC's avatar XDD I was really new back then and was like,"Wait, same avy, but different person and.. sideways o.O?" XDDD
Tsukuyomi

Postby Fantasy Dreamer » Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:34 pm

anonymous (post: 1330381) wrote:which then reminds me of the time when everyone copied Ashley's avatar and started making variations of it. heh.

:o I remember that! XD I was highly amused, but never really sure why it occurred. Was there a reason behind it?
"Be strong, and let your heart take courage, all you who wait for the Lord!" - Psalm 31:24

"MOES: Sig. Or sig not. There is no scroll."

My Fanfiction.net account
My DA account
My MAL

"An XD a post will keep humor at its most." - Goldenspines <3
Fantasy Dreamer

Postby Ingemar » Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:45 pm

Fantasy Dreamer (post: 1330587) wrote::o I remember that! XD I was highly amused, but never really sure why it occurred. Was there a reason behind it?

Because of that Cephas guy. I hate him and I'm glad he disappeared five years ago.
Job 7:16

I loathe my life; I would not live forever. Let me alone, for my days are but a breath.
Ingemar

Postby That Dude » Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:50 pm

Yeah seriously, it was a good day for CAA when Cephas left :grin:
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby Doubleshadow » Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:48 pm

Wasn't it for Ashley-san's birthday? That's what I thought.
[color="Red"]As a man thinks in his heart, so is he. - Proverbs 23:7[/color]

The Sundries
Robin: "If we close our eyes, we can't see anything."
Batman: "A sound observation, Robin."
Doubleshadow

Postby Tsukuyomi » Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:32 pm

That Dude (post: 1331669) wrote:Yeah seriously, it was a good day for CAA when Cephas left :grin:

... Ummm.. yeah xDDD](he's actually still here, but had a name change.. I think ^__^)[/SIZE]

I wish I was here for Ash's b-day 8( Or, at least had a computer, so that I was active 8( It seems like I've missed alot of great memories ^__^
Tsukuyomi

Postby Anystazya » Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:36 pm

That Dude wrote:Yeah seriously, it was a good day for CAA when Cephas left :grin:

o.o What did he do?
[color="Plum"]Do not let evil conquer you, but conquer evil by doing good. - Job 40:2 NLT[/color]

[color="Red"]@)[/color][color="Green"]}~`,~[/color] [color="Purple"]Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.[/color]

[color="DarkOrchid"]~Anystazya~[/color]
Anystazya

Postby Fish and Chips » Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:43 pm

[quote="Tsukuyomi (post: 1330261)"]@Anony: Fish changed his avatar to ML's.. xDD]Oh, I did a lot more than change my avatar.
Fish and Chips

Postby Lady Kenshin » Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:45 pm

That Dude (post: 1331669) wrote:Yeah seriously, it was a good day for CAA when Cephas left :grin:

Yeah, what?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

It's okay to be a fanfiction author... http://www.fanfiction.net/~loveslabourswon
Lady Kenshin

Postby RandomBurrito » Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:54 pm

D: I wish I would've been here sooner. I joined too late, hehe. But I guess new memories are always waiting to be created right? I hope to be on more often so see em'.
[SIZE="5"][color="White"]Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost! [/color][/SIZE]

[color="DarkOrchid"]@[/color][color="Green"])}~`,~[/color] [color="Yellow"]Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA moderators.[/color]
:hug:
RandomBurrito

Postby roadoffew » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:26 pm

*This Thread*
:( I don't remember any of this. Guess I'm not as old school as I though I was.

the only thing I can remember was one time in the chat my old friends buddy got onto his account and came into the chat. When I realized it I typed by mistake.

"What are you doing on her with his account?"

it was funny at the time.
roadoffew

Postby Tsukuyomi » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:57 pm

roadoffew (post: 1364504) wrote:*This Thread*
:( I don't remember any of this. Guess I'm not as old school as I though I was.

the only thing I can remember was one time in the chat my old friends buddy got onto his account and came into the chat. When I realized it I typed by mistake.

"What are you doing on her with his account?"

it was funny at the time.

Lol, talk about a funny out of context quote XDDD

You may have not been around for those memories, but it doesn't mean new ones can't be made ^__^

Welcome back again ^^
Tsukuyomi

Postby Radical Dreamer » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:47 pm

Good golly, this thread. I always forget about it, but I <3 it so. XD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Song_of_Storms » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:47 pm

[SIZE="1"]
CAA and I had a lot of good moments. X3 I've met a fellow BJD AND Red Dwarf fan. (That's not a very normal combination, by the way)
I've met a fellow Boys over Flowers [Korean Drama] fan.
-and Dee-chan and I have had fun! XD

But I think the one event that still lingers in my memory is all due to the Mana Khemia 2 thread. I was truly impressed by the epic Real Time vs. Turn Based RPGs that erupted between Mr. Nate, Peanut, MasterDias and Zyborg22.

http://www.christiananime.net/showthread.php?t=53574&highlight=mana+khemia

I think my goal in life will be to acquire this amount of nerdiness. :3 O'great Sages of nerdiness! [/SIZE]
ImageImage ImageImageImage
Song_of_Storms

Previous

Return to General