Weapons.

Talk about anything in here.

Weapons.

Postby That Dude » Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:33 am

So, I know that there are many people on this site who practice martial arts and whatnot, and there are also a lot of weapon freaks here as well, so I was thinking, why not make a thread for all us people here.

So my fellow weapons enthusiasts, what weapons do you own, want to own, or dream about having?

As for me personally I have two katanas (planning on getting a third one soon), a saber, and two machetes (one which I made myself), lots of knives, a blowgun, a whip, a bokken, a shotgun and some other random things like throwing stars...What about you guys?
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby Mr. Rogers » Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:40 am

I want a nice Iaito katana to practice with. I would like a Kusari Fundo - which is a small, weighted chain which was used in old Feudal Japan. I would like a good knife, as well.
Mr. Rogers

Postby SnoringFrog » Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:05 am

At the moment, I've 5 swords (one crappy 3-sword set for display, cheap wakizashi, and a sakabato (sp?)). A purple heart wood K-9 staff and a tanto (I think it's Jatoba wood) from Paul Pittman at http://aikiwood.com/ (he doesn't have the K-9 on his site for some reason now), and various knives such as a modded Emerson Super Seven, Spyderco Standard, stainless steel Spyderco Delica, one throwing knife, a 6" fixed blade, a cheap balisong, and 2-3 cheap and/or beatup other folding knives.

I think that's mostly everything that I have right now. I've been wanting to get another nice folding knife, but I'm not sure what I'm going to get yet.
UC Pseudonym wrote:For a while I wasn't sure how to answer this, and then I thought "What would Batman do?" Excuse me while I find a warehouse with a skylight...
[SIZE="7"][color="MediumTurquoise"]Cobalt Figure 8[/color][/SIZE]
DeviantArt || Myspace || Facebook || Greasemonkey Scripts || Stylish Userstyles
SnoringFrog

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:52 am

Mr. SmartyPants

Postby goldenspines » Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:15 am

I tend to keep my weapons to a minimum (easier to store that way). I have one katana, one wooden katana, a fiberglass boe staff (just for practice, I hope to get a wooden one soon), and two singlesticks.

I would probably be happy with some knives, a long sword, and some nunchaku just for the heck of it; but otherwise, I'm happy with the small collection I have now.
goldenspines

Postby Makachop^^128 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:18 am

don;t have too much weapons myself though I love them ^^ my dad has most of them.
I have one katana from a general from world war 2. shirudiken, shotgun, and
tons of knifes. and two bows. and a Chinese sword.
"We're not gonna die. We can't die, Bendis. You know why? Because we are so...very...pretty. We are just too pretty for God to let us die."-Mal

http://www.facebook.com/ShaylaChan

http://www.shelfari.com/shaylabot
http://myanimelist.net/profile/ShaylaBot
Makachop^^128

Postby Robin Firedrake » Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:43 am

I own a (medieval style) bow with a quiver full of arrows, a rather sturdy (if nobbly) staff and my dad lets me use his sword a lot.
Robin Firedrake

Postby Hana Ryuuzaki » Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:56 am

[font="palatino Linotype"]I have an oak staff, a few hunting knives, 3 Gentlemans' knives, a Butterfly knife, a shinai ((for my training)), and a wakizashi with a hidden tanto in the scabbard.

I'm currently collecting a lot more, though. ^__^[/font]
[SIGPIC]http://christiananime.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=9906&dateline=1214542817[/SIGPIC]
[SIZE="1"][color="Plum"]WHY GOD MADE J-ROCK: Kamijo[/color][/SIZE]
[color="LightBlue"][SIZE="3"][font="Century Gothic"]Crucify My Love, If My Love Is Blind...[/SIZE][/color][/font]
Hana Ryuuzaki

Postby SnoringFrog » Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:06 pm

Hana Ryuuzaki (post: 1322557) wrote:[font="palatino Linotype"]I have an oak staff, a few hunting knives, 3 Gentlemans' knives, a Butterfly knife, a shinai ((for my training)), and a wakizashi with a hidden tanto in the scabbard.

I'm currently collecting a lot more, though. ^__^[/font]

What qualifies as a "Gentleman's knife"?
UC Pseudonym wrote:For a while I wasn't sure how to answer this, and then I thought "What would Batman do?" Excuse me while I find a warehouse with a skylight...
SnoringFrog

Postby Robin Firedrake » Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:14 pm

The kind the spy uses. Rather obvious.

MENTELGEN
Robin Firedrake

Postby Nate » Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:42 pm

I definitely want a death ray and a giant laser beam that can destroy entire cities in a matter of seconds.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Hana Ryuuzaki » Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:59 pm

[font="palatino Linotype"]This is one of the kinds

Some people call them pocket knives, but they're slightly different.[/font]
[SIGPIC]http://christiananime.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=9906&dateline=1214542817[/SIGPIC]
[SIZE="1"][color="Plum"]WHY GOD MADE J-ROCK: Kamijo[/color][/SIZE]
[color="LightBlue"][SIZE="3"][font="Century Gothic"]Crucify My Love, If My Love Is Blind...[/SIZE][/color][/font]
Hana Ryuuzaki

Postby Gelka » Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:01 pm

A fire blaster would be nice.........^^
That Dude (post: 1385194) wrote:When God made Gelka, he decided to mix bubbles, rainbows, sharks, cupcakes, chocolate chips, puppies, kitties, and fun all into one bunch.

[color="Pink"]chatbot 01:50 - Wind asks, how does Gelka look Squished???
My answer: O.O[/color]
Gelka

Postby Doubleshadow » Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:52 pm

Weapons

What is 'Good Times With'?

I have a jo and bokuto, both red oak, and a .30 caliber rifle.
[color="Red"]As a man thinks in his heart, so is he. - Proverbs 23:7[/color]

The Sundries
Robin: "If we close our eyes, we can't see anything."
Batman: "A sound observation, Robin."
Doubleshadow

Postby Bobtheduck » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:06 pm

I've got CDs that didn't burn right... Music is the weapon, according to the old Aerosmith videogame, and I think bad music and bad burns hurt more than good music, so what better weapons than failed CDs?

Other than that, if it came to it I'd just grab a knife from the kitchen. I hate guns. I'm not opposed to others having them, I just don't want them near me. I've never practiced Knife fighting, but I did take martial arts and I still remember some basic stuff. A knife would just be an extension of your hand, afterall...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Amzi Live » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:09 pm

I've always wanted a light saber,but nah,I have a wooden katana. :cool:
[font="Arial Narrow"] Teach me thy way, O LORD; I will walk in thy truth: unite my heart to fear thy name. Psalm86:11[/font]
Proud lurker? Join MOES,and help us stay cool.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Amzi Live

Postby ADXC » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:55 pm

I have a sword(It may be a katana, but Im not sure. I got it from an anime convention.), two pocket knives, a cane, and a baseball bat.
ADXC

Postby Themanofchrist » Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:03 pm

I has a stright edge katana
I am the bone of my sword
Steel is my body and fire is my blood
I have created over a thousand blades
Unknown to death
Nor known to life
Have withstood pain to create many weapons
Yet these hands shall never hold anything
So, as I pray, "Unlimited Blade Works"
Note: The chant for Unlimited Blade Works (UBW)
Themanofchrist

Postby Ingemar » Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:39 pm

I have countless rattan sticks, a pair of ebony sticks, a bokken, a wooden dao, a wooden b****** sword (think European fantasy) and two bows--a pistol crossbow that's still at my old place and a plastic self bow at my parents' house.

Lord help me if I anger my ex-roomate or my parents.

I also have a straight bladed "katana." I think it's supposed to be a ninja-tou, but it seems too elaborate to be one. It has a really pretty rayskin tsuka that I really hate. Why? The tsuka is almost half the length of the blade and because of that, it is a half-tang sword. If the tsuka were short enough that it covered the whole tang, it would still be nice and useable. But my cousin gave it to me as a grad present so I'm not really complaining and it is really, really nice otherwise.

I've wanted to get a 12 guage and can indeed afford one... but a part of me tells me that doing so will mean I will be home invaded and I don't want to deal with deafness, possible charges for manslaughter and/or holes all over my walls. I know it's illogical, but still...
Job 7:16

I loathe my life; I would not live forever. Let me alone, for my days are but a breath.
Ingemar

Postby Lilac#18 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:44 pm

I wish I had a chain whip. I always thought it would be cool to have one.
FKA Selenite
B careful of bad habits u form when ur single. In most cases u'll carry them over into ur marriage! - Damita Haddon

"Apparently, it takes more than just the sword." - Mirai (Future) Trunks

24When you lie down, you shall not be afraid; yes, you shall lie down, and your sleep shall be sweet. Proverbs 3:24 AMP

@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

Lilac#18

Postby That Dude » Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:08 am

I'm considering buying another katana (I found a really really good one for only about $150)...It's kinda between that and saving up for a newish car...
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby wildpurplechild » Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:20 am

My family has a lot of prop weapons (axes, spears, a chain flail ect.) also a european sword and a cheap-o katana. I love weapons.
wildpurplechild

Postby EricTheFred » Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:14 am

No Asian martial arts weapons around here. My only dojo has been Judo.

The only knives I would characterize as weapons would be a marlinspike lockblade (like any proper sailing man carries) and a bowie-style knife with a 12" blade from the Philippines. (I'm a fairly serious chef too, so my various forged-blade stainless Japanese kitchen knives are probably weapon worthy as well!)

In addition, I have a five-shot revolver (Charter Arms Bulldog .44 special). That's a leftover from my early days living in considerably worse neighborhoods than now. Haven't taken it to a range in over a decade.
May the Lord bless you and keep you.
May He cause His face to shine upon you.
May He lift up His countenance and grant you peace.

Maokun: Ninjas or Pirates? (Vikings are not a valid answer, sorry)

EricTheFred: Vikings are always a valid answer.

Feel free to visit My Writing.com Portfolio

Largo: "Well Ed, good to see ya. Guess I gotta beat the crap out of you now."

Jamie Hyneman: "It's just another lovely day at the bomb range. Birds are singing, rabbits are hopping about, and soon there's going to be a big explosion."
EricTheFred

Postby Gelka » Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:30 am

A sniper...........
That Dude (post: 1385194) wrote:When God made Gelka, he decided to mix bubbles, rainbows, sharks, cupcakes, chocolate chips, puppies, kitties, and fun all into one bunch.

[color="Pink"]chatbot 01:50 - Wind asks, how does Gelka look Squished???
My answer: O.O[/color]
Gelka

Postby Raiden no Kishi » Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:47 pm

I used to take martial arts, and still have my old staff lying around somewhere in my closet. I always wanted to learn sai, though. I also have a Kimber 1911-pattern .45 - which reminds me, I need to send in my concealed carry paperwork. I'd like to get a good quality balisong one of these days because they're cool. I have a pocketknife which I suppose also counts.
[raiden's liveJournal]

[color="Indigo"]"I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you . . . stranger."[/color]

Strollin' in at dawn, wakin' up at noon's gonna catch up to me soon
'Just sleep when you're dead' is what I said 'cause I'm jumpin' off the moon
Raiden no Kishi

Location: Ticking away/The hours that make up the dull day . . .

Postby KagayakiWashi » Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:47 pm

My stink-foot.
"To be a good listener, you must acquire a musical culture...you must be familiar with the history and development of music, you must listen...to receive music you have to open your ears and wait for the music, you must believe that it is something you need ...to listen is an effort, and just to hear has no merit. A duck hears also." - Igor Stravinsky
Are you hurting? Struggling with something? Need an ear? Check out The Hopeline! https://www.thehopeline.com/CSDefault.aspx
The Blog! http://kagayakiwashi.livejournal.com/
KagayakiWashi

Location: Constantly chasing the dragonfly of love....or something like that

Postby SnoringFrog » Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:43 pm

Raiden no Kishi (post: 1322827) wrote:I used to take martial arts, and still have my old staff lying around somewhere in my closet. I always wanted to learn sai, though. I also have a Kimber 1911-pattern .45 - which reminds me, I need to send in my concealed carry paperwork. I'd like to get a good quality balisong one of these days because they're cool. I have a pocketknife which I suppose also counts.

My main problem with balisong's is they seem so slow. I do realize that I'd get faster with more practice, but still they seem to be of more use for flipping around and doing tricks with (which is quite fun). Of course, after getting a waved knife pretty much everything seems slow to me anymore.
SnoringFrog

Postby shooraijin » Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:47 pm

I have a .40 Glock. At some point I need to do my CCW as well.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Raiden no Kishi » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:01 pm

SnoringFrog (post: 1322931) wrote:My main problem with balisong's is they seem so slow. I do realize that I'd get faster with more practice, but still they seem to be of more use for flipping around and doing tricks with (which is quite fun). Of course, after getting a waved knife pretty much everything seems slow to me anymore.

Oh yes - I don't mean for defense - my assisted-opening pocketknife does that just fine and arguably better than a balisong. I just want one for fun.

.rai//
[raiden's liveJournal]

[color="Indigo"]"I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you . . . stranger."[/color]

Strollin' in at dawn, wakin' up at noon's gonna catch up to me soon
'Just sleep when you're dead' is what I said 'cause I'm jumpin' off the moon
Raiden no Kishi

Location: Ticking away/The hours that make up the dull day . . .

Postby SnoringFrog » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:43 pm

Raiden no Kishi (post: 1323532) wrote:Oh yes - I don't mean for defense - my assisted-opening pocketknife does that just fine and arguably better than a balisong. I just want one for fun.

.rai//
Ah, I'm really not a fan of assisted open either lol. For those it's not a matter of speed, but control. I don't like them for the same reason I'm not a fan of handguns or cars--they feel too much like they have a mind of their own. I don't like being able to feel the power in/under/behind something I'm using like that. I very much prefer something that feels more like a controllable extension of me.

Which is where my waved knife comes in handy. It's got the speed of a switchblade (in case you don't know, the "wave" is a small piece of metal on top of the blade which forms a dull hook designed to snag the edge of your pocket when you pull the knife out straight backwards (or forwards depending on the knife and what side you carry it on), this catch causes the knife to open during the process of removing it from you pocket.) but doesn't have that jumpiness to it that I loathe.

I do agree though, balisongs are great fun to play with. Between those and pens I find plenty of entertaining/fidgety usage for my dexterity lol.
SnoringFrog

Next

Return to General