My First Tattoo =D

Talk about anything in here.

My First Tattoo =D

Postby xblack_x_rosesx » Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:26 pm

SO!

I got my first tattoo on Saturday! For my 18th birthday, I made an appointment and went in a couple weeks later.

Anyway, this is the end result:
(I am absolutely in LOVE with it. Turned out better then I could've imagined!)

ImageImage

So yeah, obvs. it's the Dali Elephant. It was a 2 hr appointment, and it didn't actually end up hurting. I was pretty scared it would hurt because, well, it's the ribs and I'm all bone =P. It pretty much hurt for the first ten minutes, and the last five (cos it got annoying and it was raw.).

Anyway, it's goes from my hip to about an inch under my armpit, and I am VERY pleased with how it turned out!
(edit: those squares are just the tape from the bandage, not part of the tattoo =P )

Just thought I'd let all of you fine CAA folk know! ^_^

Thanks!

Bee

[SIZE="1"] You wanna sink, so I'm gonna let you. [/SIZE]

[DA hooray.]
xblack_x_rosesx

Postby Reon » Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:38 pm

Cool new tattoo, but the part that intrigues me the most about tattoos is the persons reason for getting it and its value / purpose. What does this tattoo mean to you? For example, is this just a favorite of yours from Dali, a symbol for strength and fragility, abundance, good fortune, etc?

Happy Birthday btw =)

"I am painting pictures which make me die for joy, I am creating with an absolute naturalness, without the slightest aesthetic concern, I am making things that inspire me with a profound emotion and I am trying to paint them honestly." —Salvador Dalí, in Dawn Ades, Dalí and Surrealism.
[color="DimGray"]
[SIZE="1"][font="Arial Narrow"]....[/font][/SIZE]
[/color]
Reon

Postby xblack_x_rosesx » Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:44 pm

Thanks!

Uhm. It's not terribly "meaningful", but I mean, frig. Dali is one of my all time fav artists, I adore his work. Elephants are my favourite animals, always have been, and this... piece of surreal work from Dali just called out to me a couple years ago when I saw it.

I feel... honored? Something along those lines, to have this classic piece of art on my body. I love tattoos because thats what they are to me: art, and to have it displayed on my body is such a gift.

=]
So ya. It's def. more of a reason then a "meaning", which I feel represents me more =P

[DA hooray.]
xblack_x_rosesx

Postby chibiphonebooth » Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:56 pm

the dali elephants are one of my favorite things from dali. they actually inspired me a lot. I'm jealous ;D
ImageImageImage

[font="Impact"][SIZE="3"][color="SeaGreen"]"Savannah's signature: ruining serious since 2008"[/color][/SIZE][/font]

[font="Georgia"][color="Orange"][url=yourtoesaremissing.deviantart.com]Visit my DA X3[/url][/color][/font]
chibiphonebooth

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:59 pm

Nice! Hope you don't later regret getting it.
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:31 am

Very cool. It's from a Salvador Dali painting about a saint fighting against temptations of the flesh. Great stuff!
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Nate » Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:11 am

Man that elephant has long legs.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Bobtheduck » Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:22 am

Dali owned an Ocelot. That's cool. I wonder if he owned a snake...

"I wanna heal, I wanna feel, what I thought was never real"

That's what they make me think of... Kind of backwards, I know.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby xblack_x_rosesx » Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:54 pm

Thanks everyone!

Ya, Warrior mentioned what it's from. THIS elephant is from The Temptation of St.Anthony. I didn't realize until after I got the tattoo that this piece symbolizes the bulk of what the last couple years of my life have been like. Weird, eh? Sometimes God throws stuff like that at you...

Anyway, I don't think I'll regret this too much ;) I have my next tattoo appointment scheduled for next month. I'm getting my other side done- the Dali Giraffe on fire. After that I prob. won't get inked again for a while...

[DA hooray.]
xblack_x_rosesx

Postby Etoh*the*Greato » Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:24 pm

Do your research on tattoo artists? If not, you seriously lucked out. That's a great tatt! I've got friends heavily in to the stuff, so I've seen some good ones and some TEEEEERRRRIBLE ones.
"I do not feel obliged to believe that that same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo Galilei
ImageImageImageImage
Etoh*the*Greato

Postby xblack_x_rosesx » Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:42 pm

Oh man, I researched the HECK out of artists. I ended up choosing the guy that did my boyfriends mom's half sleeve, plus he had a really really wicked portfolio. Ya, I wasn't chancing something like this =P
Coincidently, the guy had the Dali painting in his office that I was getting the tatt from. Fate? I think so! But ya. The guy was pro fer sure.

[DA hooray.]
xblack_x_rosesx

Return to General