changed my mind! :]

Talk about anything in here.

changed my mind! :]

Postby chibiphonebooth » Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:27 pm

So you guys know how i was going to get that tattoo? well, i'm not getting that one quite yet. I was thinking a lot about it and i really want a tattoo that is much smaller and simpler as my first tattoo. I don't want to get a giant thing right off the bat!

But i was having a really really really really horrible day a couple weeks ago. i kinda had a huge breakdown, and i went to the beach to clear my head- and there I felt G-d was really speaking to me about sparrows. I know it sounds weird, but he kept bringing up the verse, "29Are not two sparrows sold for a penny[d]? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from the will of your Father. 30And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. 31So don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows." He kept telling me that he cares for the sparrows so much, and if he cares for them, and weeps for them when they die, and feeds them, and loves them, how much more does he care for me?
and the whole time i was at the beach, there were an unusual amount of little sparrows flying around me while i was praying. And then after i felt better and cleared up a bit, i all of a sudden got this idea. the perfect first tattoo. :]

I really wanted something simple, no coloring, just lines, something i drew myself, and something small as my first tattoo. and this was perfect.

i drew this up after i came home from the beach, and it has so much meaning to me.

So i'm thinking of getting it on my shoulder. if you have any other areas you think would be a good spot, i'm still open for ideas. :] although i'd like it in a place where i can see it, so nowhere on my back or anything.

what do you think?

(again, if you have a problem with tattoos or anything, yada yada yada, don't make a huge explosion in this thread. if you seriously, seriously want to yell at me for it, do it in a pm. not in this thread.)
ImageImageImage

[font="Impact"][SIZE="3"][color="SeaGreen"]"Savannah's signature: ruining serious since 2008"[/color][/SIZE][/font]

[font="Georgia"][color="Orange"][url=yourtoesaremissing.deviantart.com]Visit my DA X3[/url][/color][/font]
chibiphonebooth

Postby Radical Dreamer » Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:31 pm

Yaaayy! I like it! I'd seen the picture before, but I hadn't heard the story behind it! That's so cool! Also, I definitely think you should get it on your shoulder. It just sort of looks like it would fit well there. XD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Fantasy Dreamer » Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:32 pm

It's cute! And I think the shoulder would work, or you could get it on one of your arms right below your shoulders, or slightly above your one of your wrists. Or perhaps above an ankle?
"Be strong, and let your heart take courage, all you who wait for the Lord!" - Psalm 31:24

"MOES: Sig. Or sig not. There is no scroll."

My Fanfiction.net account
My DA account
My MAL

"An XD a post will keep humor at its most." - Goldenspines <3
Fantasy Dreamer

Postby chibiphonebooth » Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:34 pm

Fantasy Dreamer (post: 1316171) wrote:It's cute! And I think the shoulder would work, or you could get it on one of your arms right below your shoulders, or slightly above your one of your wrists. Or perhaps above an ankle?

i was thinking of putting it on one of my arms, but i'm saving those spots for other tattoos i want ;D
ImageImageImage

[font="Impact"][SIZE="3"][color="SeaGreen"]"Savannah's signature: ruining serious since 2008"[/color][/SIZE][/font]

[font="Georgia"][color="Orange"][url=yourtoesaremissing.deviantart.com]Visit my DA X3[/url][/color][/font]
chibiphonebooth

Postby Anystazya » Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:39 pm

Wow. This made me think a little. See, just a couple days ago, I was walking home from the store, down a path by the river. And, of course, there's a bunch of wild life, and I was really thinking, 'Well, God is so wonderful, and He made these little bugs and creatures, and loves them, even if we find them annoying.' I was basically thinking about how God loves His creatures.

Then I read this. And seeing that verse, about how we are worth more than those sparrows, whom God also loves very much, well, it kinda spoke to me, showing me that He loves us even more, and sent His Son for us. Thanks for posting this. ^^

And I think there's not any problem with getting a tattoo. Some of my friends don't think it's the most practical idea, but I've actually thought of getting one myself when I'm older...like, of a cool cross design, or one of those fish signs with Jesus written in them. Maybe there'll be something symbolic for me when I get older, like you with the sparrow. It is a very nice, and I like your picture too. :)
[color="Plum"]Do not let evil conquer you, but conquer evil by doing good. - Job 40:2 NLT[/color]

[color="Red"]@)[/color][color="Green"]}~`,~[/color] [color="Purple"]Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.[/color]

[color="DarkOrchid"]~Anystazya~[/color]
Anystazya

Postby chibiphonebooth » Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:08 pm

Anystazya (post: 1316177) wrote:Wow. This made me think a little. See, just a couple days ago, I was walking home from the store, down a path by the river. And, of course, there's a bunch of wild life, and I was really thinking, 'Well, God is so wonderful, and He made these little bugs and creatures, and loves them, even if we find them annoying.' I was basically thinking about how God loves His creatures.

Then I read this. And seeing that verse, about how we are worth more than those sparrows, whom God also loves very much, well, it kinda spoke to me, showing me that He loves us even more, and sent His Son for us. Thanks for posting this. ^^

And I think there's not any problem with getting a tattoo. Some of my friends don't think it's the most practical idea, but I've actually thought of getting one myself when I'm older...like, of a cool cross design, or one of those fish signs with Jesus written in them. Maybe there'll be something symbolic for me when I get older, like you with the sparrow. It is a very nice, and I like your picture too. :)

aw thanks so much! i'm glad it spoke to you. It meant a lot to me. well, it still means a lot to me! :D

definitely take your time with tattoos and stuff. I've been thinking of getting one for a good 4 or 5 years now, so there's been a lot of thought put into it. and its only not practical if you get a giant awkward one on your forehead or something. XD
ImageImageImage

chibiphonebooth

Postby Tsukuyomi » Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:22 pm

I think on the shoulder would be really cute ^__^ I'm picturing the left shoulder.. Your left shoulder that is ^^ Or, your right would be cool too :D

It's a very cute sparrow :)
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby Anystazya » Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:27 pm

chibiphonebooth (post: 1316195) wrote:aw thanks so much! i'm glad it spoke to you. It meant a lot to me. well, it still means a lot to me! :D

definitely take your time with tattoos and stuff. I've been thinking of getting one for a good 4 or 5 years now, so there's been a lot of thought put into it. and its only not practical if you get a giant awkward one on your forehead or something. XD

You're welcome ^^ It was a nice, sweet story. :jump:

I know, I'd definitely wait. Note that I said 'when I'm older'. I have plenty of time to think about it. And lol, I wouldn't want one that I'd never see (like on my back or something XD) but...lol. I'd thought about the ankle or arm or something...but only when I'm older and know that it would be special for me for the rest of my life! heehee

The picture is very cute, too ^^
[color="Plum"]Do not let evil conquer you, but conquer evil by doing good. - Job 40:2 NLT[/color]

[color="Red"]@)[/color][color="Green"]}~`,~[/color] [color="Purple"]Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.[/color]

[color="DarkOrchid"]~Anystazya~[/color]
Anystazya

Postby Cognitive Gear » Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:39 pm

This has all the makings of a great tattoo: great design and a significant personal meaning. This should look great on your shoulder.
[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="2"]"It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things."

-Terry Pratchett[/SIZE][/font]
Cognitive Gear

Postby chibiphonebooth » Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:38 pm

Cognitive Gear (post: 1316210) wrote:This has all the makings of a great tattoo: great design and a significant personal meaning. This should look great on your shoulder.

aww thank you! :D
ImageImageImage

chibiphonebooth

Postby GeneD » Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:43 am

I really like the simplicity and it is incredibly cute. For some reason I think you should get it on the opposite shoulder from the hand you write with, so if you're right-handed, get it on your left shoulder.
I don't know what broke to make you like this, but I must be broken too if I'm standing here praising your destructiveness. -Rock (Black Lagoon)

As I had encountered kindness, I wanted to be kind myself. -Takashi Natsume (Natsume's Book of Friends)

MAL
Twitter
MOES: Promoting sane sigs.
GeneD

Postby PrincessZelda » Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:56 pm

Whoa, a friend of mine has a tattoo of sparrows on his shoulder, and it had something to do with a Bible verse, though I'm not sure which. Maybe it's even the same one O_O

But his sparrows are more like... oriental looking. Like the birds you see in oriental art. I really like the one you drew, though, it's really cute!
"If you are allergic to a thing, it is best not to put that thing in your mouth, particularly if the thing is cats."

PrincessZelda

Postby chibiphonebooth » Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:44 pm

oooo oriental sounds snazzyy... XD
ImageImageImage

chibiphonebooth

Postby ShiroiHikari » Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:58 pm

This is a really cool story and I really like the drawing of the sparrow. :3
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Return to General