Anime Escrow (Expo!)

Talk about anything in here.

Anime Escrow (Expo!)

Postby Ingemar » Fri May 29, 2009 6:54 pm

Hurrah! Anyone coming this year?

[SIZE="1"]I think the number of CAAites attending dwindles every year. If no one is really going I won't go.[/SIZE]
Job 7:16

I loathe my life; I would not live forever. Let me alone, for my days are but a breath.
Ingemar

Postby shooraijin » Fri May 29, 2009 6:58 pm

LA Convention Center, huh? I *might* be able to go -- I have to find out the coverage schedule for that weekend. (July 2-5)
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Ingemar » Fri May 29, 2009 7:28 pm

I was actually fairly impressed by the venue (Los Angeles Convention Center) due to its proximity to Staples Center and Nokia theatre. At first I was somewhat afraid because it was close to the "ghetto" but quickly got over it. It also helps that it was better managed in '08 than in '07, in Long Beach. Although Long Beach was nice, the fact that getting back into the exhibit hall required a frakking pilgrimage kinda ruined it for me.

I've considered Comic Con, but not even the economic meltdown can prevent it from being sold out. So I think that's a no for me.

I loathe my life; I would not live forever. Let me alone, for my days are but a breath.
Ingemar

Postby Kaligraphic » Sat May 30, 2009 6:10 pm

I think I'm going to pass this year. I'm watching less anime, and the convention just seems to be more and more of a waste of money. Costs are rising, but return seems to be decreasing.

Without Kaligraphic, I see no way for the event to be a success.
The cake used to be a lie like you, but then it took a portal to the deception core.
Kaligraphic

Postby Ingemar » Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:49 pm

*whimper* Oh well, I was beginning to tire of pretty much going alone for the fifth year in a row, besides CAA folk. I really just wanted a place where I can participate in my cosplay hobby without looking like a psychopath.

Ingemar

Return to General