Happy Dragon boat festival

Talk about anything in here.

Happy Dragon boat festival

Postby Yahshua » Thu May 28, 2009 11:56 am

Today May 28 2009 is the Dragon Boat festival or also know as Duanwu Festival or Tuen Ng festival. On behalf of Asian community I wish everyone here at CAA a happy Duanwu festival today.

Note for more information on Dragon Boat festival go to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duanwu_Festival
Yahshua

Postby LadyRushia » Thu May 28, 2009 12:18 pm

Yay! This reminds me of when I was in China because we learned about this festival there and saw people celebrating it.
Fanfiction (updated 1/1/11)-- Lucky Star--Ginsaki ch. 4
[color="Magenta"]Sometimes I post things.[/color]
Image Image Image
LadyRushia

Postby ~darkelfgirl~ » Thu May 28, 2009 3:12 pm

Aw, that sounds like fun! ^^
Wish it was during the spring semester at my school. I'm sure there would have been an event out on the lake :(
[color=purple][font=Tahoma][color=royalblue]"But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint."--[/color]Isaiah 40:31
[/font]
[/color]
~darkelfgirl~

Postby sharikqah » Fri May 29, 2009 8:11 am

Yahshua (post: 1315189) wrote:Today May 28 2009 is the Dragon Boat festival or also know as Duanwu Festival or Tuen Ng festival.

Tuen Ng? That's Cantonese, if I'm not wrong.

Duanwu Jie doesn't specifically have Dragon-Boating where I come from. We just eat a lot of rice dumplings called Ba Zhang (Hokkien transliteration=dumpling with meat) & go about our daily business.
[SIZE="1"][font="Verdana"]Avatar Courtesy of Sahara_Storm@LJ[/font][/SIZE]
sharikqah

Postby Sammy Boy » Sat May 30, 2009 6:08 am

sharikqah (post: 1315347) wrote:Tuen Ng? That's Cantonese, if I'm not wrong.

Duanwu Jie doesn't specifically have Dragon-Boating where I come from. We just eat a lot of rice dumplings called Ba Zhang (Hokkien transliteration=dumpling with meat) & go about our daily business.

I think the pronunciation should be closer to "Duen Ng" (with a 'd' sound rather than a 't' sound).

Any of you eat the sticky rice pudding thing ? :) (I don't know what it's called in English, in Cantonese it's called "Zhong" and Mandarin it's "Zong" or "Zong Zi").
Sammy Boy

Postby FnlFntsyYuna » Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:22 am

Lol where are you guys from, I've never heard of these things? But they sound cool^^ I wish I could travel around the world. =D
FnlFntsyYuna

Postby F.M Disciple » Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:04 pm

Oh yeah the dragon boat festival!

They have boating races for dragon boat festival in the harbor where I live.
Back in the old days when I took sailing lessons, I saw some of the boats that people used for the festivities. Some of the designs where pretty amazing.
"Its very possible that I could give everything and obtain nothing, But still I have to try."
-Edward Elric.

"If to be feelingly alive to the sufferings of my fellow-creatures is to be a fanatic, I am one of the most incurable fanatics ever permitted to be at large."
-William Wilberforce.
F.M Disciple

Return to General