What Movies are you Watching?

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby GhostontheNet » Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:10 pm

I recently watched The Shining.
GhostontheNet

Postby Bobtheduck » Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:30 pm

GhostontheNet (post: 1307191) wrote:I recently watched The Shining.

Kubrick's version or the miniseries?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby GhostontheNet » Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:09 pm

Bobtheduck (post: 1307257) wrote:Kubrick's version or the miniseries?
Kubrick's film, which I am proud to have in my movie collection.
GhostontheNet

Postby GhostontheNet » Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:36 am

Tonight I watched Wall-E.
GhostontheNet

Postby Sheol777 » Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:06 am

Australia - 3 hours long...and it should have been an hour and a half
Image........... My Deep Space Nine Podcast ........... My Anime List...........
Sheol777

Postby GeneD » Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:58 am

Watched The Forbidden Kingdom and The Duchess on the weekend, the latter I found very depressing and has now been renamed The Depressess.
I don't know what broke to make you like this, but I must be broken too if I'm standing here praising your destructiveness. -Rock (Black Lagoon)

As I had encountered kindness, I wanted to be kind myself. -Takashi Natsume (Natsume's Book of Friends)

MAL
Twitter
MOES: Promoting sane sigs.
GeneD

Postby christianfriend » Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:08 pm

I Watched "The Day The Earth Stood Still" The other night, and LOVED it! I was totally awe struck!~ Keanu Reeves was the perfect person to play Klaatu, and the girl who played Helen was great too :D I'm actually about to watch this movie again X3 That's how good it was <3
[font="Lucida Console"][align=center]“The [color="Magenta"]best[/color] kind of [color="Magenta"]friend[/color] is the kind you can sit on a porch and swing with, never say a word, and then walk away feeling like it was the best conversation you've ever had.â€
christianfriend

Postby ich1990 » Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:52 pm

Cloverfield

I actually really liked the hand held camera viewpoint, it made the movie surprisingly intense. In an age were most films run over 2 hours, though, Cloverfield felt really short at 1 hour and 20 minutes.
Where an Eidolon, named night, on a black throne reigns upright.
ich1990

Postby shade of dae » Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:03 pm

Cloverfield- [spoiler]Something comes from somewhere and kills everyone.[/spoiler]
MAL

What call have I to dream of anything?
I am a wolf. Back to the world again,
And speech of fellow-brutes that once were men
Our throats can bark for slaughter: cannot sing.
-C.S. Lewis
shade of dae

Postby Colonel J.Wolfe » Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:58 pm

I'm watching X-men, which is getting me pumped up for the New one coming out this Friday.
Colonel J.Wolfe

Postby Cognitive Gear » Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:55 pm

I recently watched The Godfather and The Gold Rush.

Both were excellent films. The Godfather was an incredible film, and placed itself comfortably among my favorite films the moment it was over.

The Gold Rush was the first Charlie Chaplin feature length I have ever seen. I was very impressed at how entertaining this movie still is today.
[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="2"]"It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things."

-Terry Pratchett[/SIZE][/font]
Cognitive Gear

Postby GhostontheNet » Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:34 am

Tonight I watched Ed Wood.
GhostontheNet

Postby GhostontheNet » Sat May 02, 2009 4:49 pm

I just got back from watching Race to Witch Mountain.
GhostontheNet

Postby ShiroiHikari » Sat May 02, 2009 6:12 pm

I watched Doubt tonight and was very impressed.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby christianfriend » Sun May 03, 2009 12:50 am

I watched Australia tonight, and it was great! Long, but great :D it was almost like 2 movies in one, haha. I loved it though <3
[font="Lucida Console"][align=center]“The [color="Magenta"]best[/color] kind of [color="Magenta"]friend[/color] is the kind you can sit on a porch and swing with, never say a word, and then walk away feeling like it was the best conversation you've ever had.â€
christianfriend

Postby GeneD » Sun May 03, 2009 1:28 am

I watched Die Hard two nights ago and Die Hard 2: Die Harder showed last night, but I didn't finish it. The title is spectacularly cheesy, very dramatic stuff.
I don't know what broke to make you like this, but I must be broken too if I'm standing here praising your destructiveness. -Rock (Black Lagoon)

As I had encountered kindness, I wanted to be kind myself. -Takashi Natsume (Natsume's Book of Friends)

MAL
Twitter
MOES: Promoting sane sigs.
GeneD

Postby ~darkelfgirl~ » Sun May 03, 2009 6:18 pm

Came back from watching X-Men Origins and The Fast and the Furious 4 (?). I liked both of them. ^^ Well, F&F has its eh moments.
[color=purple][font=Tahoma][color=royalblue]"But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint."--[/color]Isaiah 40:31
[/font]
[/color]
~darkelfgirl~

Postby GhostontheNet » Wed May 06, 2009 1:06 am

Tonight I watched Let the Right One In, which was a fabulous vampire movie. Deeply romantic, but with fangs.
GhostontheNet

Postby Scarecrow » Wed May 06, 2009 4:04 am

Sheol777 (post: 1307320) wrote:Australia - 3 hours long...and it should have been an hour and a half

Couldn't agree more... that just dragged on forever... it really wasn't that bad of a movie I guess but it just needed some MAJOR editing...

I just watched "Rogue"... A somewhat lame Australian movie about a giant crocodile snacking on a group of tourists that become trapped on an island in the middle of a river and it just so happens that the island will go underwater when the tide comes in... I say somewhat lame because it was entertaining. It had a decent idea. But I didn't think it was executed very well and the acting left something to be desired as well as the CGI croc. Oh... and the ridiculous ending... I'm sorry but no one is gonna survive a croc attack like that... that was just stupid.

Next on my list is Black Water... another Australian made movie about a group of tourist that get stuck in a tree in the swamp and a hungry croc patrolling the murky waters :D I'm hoping this will be better and more intense. This one is also supposed to be based on a true story and similar to Open Water... the one where the two tourist are stranded out in the middle of the ocean and eventually nibbled away at by sharks... I thought that movie sucked though.
"Take me down, shake me out. Give me a brain, that I might know You better"
Scarecrow

Postby Htom Sirveaux » Wed May 06, 2009 2:21 pm

I watched Eraserhead the other night. Very abstract, but that's pretty much a standard for David Lynch films. And anyways it made more sense than Lost Highway.
If this post seems too utterly absurd or ridiculous to be taken seriously, don't. :)
Htom Sirveaux

Postby ich1990 » Wed May 06, 2009 7:42 pm

Marley and Me

For a long time I avoided anything remotely connected to this movie out of sheer principle; I do not support movies that purposely use bad grammar in their titles to try to make it sound cutesy. Nonetheless, my family decided to watch it and therefore so did I.

If I had any compassion for dogs I would probably like this movie. Of course, I don't, so parts of it were fairly painful to watch. Overall I thought it was ok to see once simply because parts of it were funny.

Actually now that I think about it I am curious as to what is the intended target demographic of this movie. It seemed to be aiming for the "family friendly" crowd, yet contained a surprising amount of sexual dialogue and related jokes, as well as swearing.
ich1990

Postby Scarecrow » Thu May 07, 2009 2:32 pm

Watched The Curious Case of Benjamin Button last night. I actually really liked it. Don't think it's something I'd buy just because it's nearly three hours long and it's very slow moving, but it was a good movie IMO. I liked the idea behind it... It felt like drifting through a dream or a listening to a lullaby or something... a little melancholy and soft. The only thing I did not really care for was the "special effects" I know it got an academy award in the effects department or something like that but some of the shots just made the character look plain out creepy.

Anyway, good movie. A little on the depressing side though.
"Take me down, shake me out. Give me a brain, that I might know You better"
Scarecrow

Postby GhostontheNet » Fri May 08, 2009 1:47 am

Tonight I watched Suspiria and Let the Right One In.
GhostontheNet

Postby Cognitive Gear » Fri May 08, 2009 1:51 am

I just watched Star Trek.

This movie was amazing. It made me excited to watch more!
[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="2"]"It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things."

-Terry Pratchett[/SIZE][/font]
Cognitive Gear

Postby ShiroiHikari » Fri May 08, 2009 6:27 am

I've put my Netflix on hold for a while (need that extra 15 bucks a month right now...), so I haven't really been watching anything new, but I think I am going to watch The Wrath of Khan today to prepare for the new Star Trek.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Sheol777 » Fri May 08, 2009 5:21 pm

Scarecrow (post: 1309965) wrote:Watched The Curious Case of Benjamin Button last night. I actually really liked it. Don't think it's something I'd buy just because it's nearly three hours long and it's very slow moving, but it was a good movie IMO. I liked the idea behind it... It felt like drifting through a dream or a listening to a lullaby or something... a little melancholy and soft. The only thing I did not really care for was the "special effects" I know it got an academy award in the effects department or something like that but some of the shots just made the character look plain out creepy.

Anyway, good movie. A little on the depressing side though.

I watched this last night. I didn't much like it.
Everything it tried to do Forrest Gump did better. I did like the effects and scenery, but it wasn't enough to pull me in. Pitt is better then this and Button himself is a homewrecker.
Image........... My Deep Space Nine Podcast ........... My Anime List...........
Sheol777

Postby christianfriend » Fri May 08, 2009 10:31 pm

I saw Dragon Ball the other night! XD Me and me friend were the only one in the theater, rofl! But it was better that way, because then we could hoot and holler all we wanted to.
The Movie was pretty much nothing like the old Dragon Ball show...but honestly, it's not like it was terrible! It was fun to see it even though it was a bit confusing at some points...but whatever. Me and my friend had fun watching it, and that's all that counts :D
christianfriend

Postby ich1990 » Sat May 09, 2009 7:57 pm

Bolt

It was actually really good. I didn't expect that. Every time that hamster was overcome with blood lust I laughed.
ich1990

Postby The Liar XIII » Sat May 09, 2009 8:03 pm

I watched Ghost Rider today.. Superb film, no doubt.
Some Assembly Required

The Liar XIII

Postby Song_of_Storms » Sat May 09, 2009 9:15 pm

[SIZE="1"]Okay, so they're not actually movies, but I've been watching Dr. Who. Love 'em. Finished the Tom Baker Dr. Who: Keys of Time, a couple days ago. Now I'm working on the Peter Davison collection. I first saw him perform in All Creatures Great and Small, then in The Last Detective. (Absolutely a fabulous series. The characters are fantastic) [/SIZE]
ImageImage ImageImageImage
Song_of_Storms

Previous Next

Return to General Entertainment