Oh Burger King...

Talk about anything in here.

Postby GundamFan » Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:24 pm

ilikegir33 (post: 1308269) wrote:I agree. Although the PTC overreacted, this was too weird for a kids meal ad. However, Burger King has never done a good ad, and I'm not just talking about the King ads. I'm talking about the Subservient Chicken or the fake metal band with the crude name, not to mention the Atkins parody. And what about those crappy video games? I actually played Sneak King on my cousin's 360. It sucked.

The PTC is run by a bunch of crazed activist so yeah them overreacting to some thing like this was par for the course. I take it the xbox games were bad I never played one of BK ones but I thought they looked like they would be terrible. Also you forgot the the whooper jr. ads with the whole bringing attitude always thought they were really stupid.
GundamFan

Postby Warrior4Christ » Fri May 01, 2009 2:29 am

Jaden Mental (post: 1307973) wrote:Still better than this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oGFogwcx-E

No.

At least it's better than this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmEvPZUdAVI

Also, there are some good, clever ads out there...

ilikegir33 (post: 1308080) wrote:Hyundai, with that Genesis ad that was on during the Super Bowl. It had those Lexus and BMW executives yelling at each other over the Genesis' North American Car of the Year status. LOL-worthy stuff.

If it's "Hunday", what's the 'y' for?
Everywhere like such as, and MOES.

"Expect great things from God; attempt great things for God." - William Carey
Warrior4Christ

Location: Carefully place an additional prawn on the barbecue

Postby LadyRushia » Fri May 01, 2009 6:37 am

Because I think English speakers pronounce it wrong, XD.
Fanfiction (updated 1/1/11)-- Lucky Star--Ginsaki ch. 4
[color="Magenta"]Sometimes I post things.[/color]
Image Image Image
LadyRushia

Postby GundamFan » Fri May 01, 2009 7:43 am

Burger King needs to get a a new ad agency. Anyways here acouple of ads that worked really well. The first one is pepsi ad were the dog steals the sandwhich and setups the cat.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1qIzxFZDhU
This second I thought was really funny a Doritos super bowl ad from acouple years ago.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SO95IO4sAc
GundamFan

Postby ilikegir33 » Fri May 01, 2009 3:40 pm

GundamFan (post: 1308371) wrote:The PTC is run by a bunch of crazed activist so yeah them overreacting to some thing like this was par for the course. I take it the xbox games were bad I never played one of BK ones but I thought they looked like they would be terrible. Also you forgot the the whooper jr. ads with the whole bringing attitude always thought they were really stupid.

Right on the money. I definitely forgot those "rebellious" Whopper Jr. ads.

Nate (post: 1308359) wrote:Actually the ad for the Texican Whopper was great, it's just that overly sensitive people got offended. What I want to know is, did these same people protest Mucha Lucha?

I LOVED the Texican Whopper ad. That was funny. Also, these people must've protested against Nacho Libre.

Nate (post: 1308359) wrote:The problem is this. Some of BK's ads are brilliant. Some, not all. The only problem is that the ads offend overly sensitive people because it's much easier to whine and complain about a TV ad than it is to actually do something about real problems in society. These people get to give themselves "I'm a good person" points and not really have to do anything. They could be volunteering in soup kitchens, building homes at Habitat for Humanity, but those things are hard and require effort. It's much easier to say "This ad is inappropriate and offensive!" and pat themselves on the back for "doing God's work" than to actually go out and do His work.

BK is still dumb for making these ads, though, don't get me wrong. As I said, some of the ads are great, just they should know better. If we lived in a society where people didn't freak out over every stupid thing, then yeah, these ads would be fine, but unfortunately, "political correctness" rules the day.

Exactly. Burger King did do a few good advertisements, but people are easily offended by them.

However, BK is definitely NOT as bad as Carl's Jr. or Hardee's. ALL of their commercials are in bad taste, such as: Paris Hilton's infamous "Carwash" ad, that rap about "flat buns", a woman on a mechanical bull eating a western bacon cheeseburger, and a guy krump dancing on a cow. These commercials have lower morals than Burger King's ads. I'd rather eat at Burger King than Carl's Jr, and that's not just based on the ads. Carl's Jr.'s food is disgusting. Burger King's food is mediocre.
:dizzy: [color="Orange"]People are so crazy these days. If you are one of those crazy ppl, then copy this into your sig![/color]:dizzy:
MOES. "Take off every sig for great justice"
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks To All The CAA Moderators.
What I'll be reviewing in the future:
SoulTaker (soon to start)
Whoever loves discipline loves knowledge, but he who hates correction is stupid. Proverbs 12:1
ilikegir33

Postby KumaruRockz » Fri May 01, 2009 3:51 pm

Man you think the Spongebob commercial is inappropriate? Check out this UK Burger Kind ad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sl0b12baPjU
[font="Franklin Gothic Medium"]To be honest, I don't have much to say.[/font]
KumaruRockz

Postby Ante Bellum » Fri May 01, 2009 5:58 pm

That Windows ad...I watched it to the end without my eyes burning up in their sockets. Only two people showed up for the class? Huh.
Ante Bellum

Postby GundamFan » Fri May 01, 2009 8:43 pm

Well Ilikegir33 I don't know about Carl Jr.'s but I do know Hardy's food is worse than McDonalds and that's not good not good at all I don't know people manage to eat that stuff not endup violently ill I wasn't. I have gotten better quality food in gas station hot dogs than I did from Hardy's.

I agree with you that BK's food is middle of the road and while I may not like the attiude value menu ad for the Whoop Jr. the burger it self is okay.
GundamFan

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Fri May 01, 2009 9:00 pm

All the tl;dr aside, that as wasn't awfully unclever...
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Roy Mustang » Fri May 01, 2009 9:42 pm

I have seen the NZ Texican Whopper ad on the net and it was one that got ban and I see why it got ban. XD

Carl Jr has a new ad that just as bad as the Paris Hilton's infamous "Carwash" ad.

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Red"]Col. Roy Mustang[/color][/font]
Roy Mustang

Postby ilikegir33 » Fri May 01, 2009 9:52 pm

Roy Mustang (post: 1308623) wrote:I have seen the NZ Texican Whopper ad on the net and it was one that got ban and I see why it got ban. XD

Carl Jr has a new ad that just as bad as the Paris Hilton's infamous "Carwash" ad.

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Red"]Col. Roy Mustang[/color][/font]

I think I know what you mean. Most of their ads go lower than Burger King.

kumarurockz: Yeah, that commercial would have NEVER made it to the US.
:dizzy: [color="Orange"]People are so crazy these days. If you are one of those crazy ppl, then copy this into your sig![/color]:dizzy:
MOES. "Take off every sig for great justice"
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks To All The CAA Moderators.
What I'll be reviewing in the future:
SoulTaker (soon to start)
Whoever loves discipline loves knowledge, but he who hates correction is stupid. Proverbs 12:1
ilikegir33

Postby Nate » Sat May 02, 2009 1:20 am

Why all the Hardees hate? I love their food. Their chili cheeseburgers and that western bacon burger are amazing. Burger King comes in a close second behind them. Good, but not great. Ditto Wendy's (though I love Wendy's chicken). The only place I don't care for for the most part is McDonald's.

Their ads are terrible though. Hardee's definitely has had worse ads than BK, that's for sure.
Kumaru wrote:Man you think the Spongebob commercial is inappropriate? Check out this UK Burger Kind ad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sl0b12baPjU

That was amazing. Stupid America not allowing awesome ads like this over here.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby KumaruRockz » Sat May 02, 2009 9:10 am

Omg I just went on the Carl Jr's website to watch some ads. I actually had to get off the website because one of their ads would've made my mom mad xD The cow one is hilarious (wrong but hilarious) though.
[font="Franklin Gothic Medium"]To be honest, I don't have much to say.[/font]
KumaruRockz

Postby MangArtist » Sat May 02, 2009 11:35 am

2 seconds was enough for me.... o_o;;;
"Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the Lord your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you." (Deuteronomy 30:6)

Muh DA page.
MangArtist

Postby Warrior4Christ » Sat May 02, 2009 6:46 pm

LadyRushia (post: 1308481) wrote:Because I think English speakers pronounce it wrong, XD.

But it appears that the 'y' is unavoidable whichever way you pronounce it...
And I've never heard the ads over here pronounce it that way...
Everywhere like such as, and MOES.

"Expect great things from God; attempt great things for God." - William Carey
Warrior4Christ

Location: Carefully place an additional prawn on the barbecue

Previous

Return to General