This is So Amazing...

Talk about anything in here.

This is So Amazing...

Postby Hana Ryuuzaki » Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:17 pm

[font="Palatino Linotype"]Frumpy social worker? Yeah.
Bit of a spaz? Probably.
The most amazing singing voice I have heard? Most definitely.

Susan Boyle of Glasgow premiered on Britain's Got Talent just a little while ago.
And believe me, this woman has TALENT.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnmbJzH93NU

She sings a song from Les Miserables, and it's the most heart-warming rendition ever.
The best part about it isn't the fact that she can sing as good as most mainstream stars, it's the fact that NOBODY ever gave her a chance in the first place...and she TOLD them! She TOOOOLD them!!!!!!

Discuss! X3[/font]
[SIGPIC]http://christiananime.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=9906&dateline=1214542817[/SIGPIC]
[SIZE="1"][color="Plum"]WHY GOD MADE J-ROCK: Kamijo[/color][/SIZE]
[color="LightBlue"][SIZE="3"][font="Century Gothic"]Crucify My Love, If My Love Is Blind...[/SIZE][/color][/font]
Hana Ryuuzaki

Postby ShiroiHikari » Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:18 pm

Wow, this thing is spreading like wildfire. I saw it this morning, and then a friend of mine linked me to it later, and now this thread. XD

Anyway, I was blown away by her!
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby MangArtist » Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:26 pm

Ooooh yeah I saw that one. She kinda scared me. o_o;;
"Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the Lord your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you." (Deuteronomy 30:6)

Muh DA page.
MangArtist

Postby Radical Dreamer » Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:05 pm

I saw this video earlier today; it's so amazing! I love her rendition of the song, and I think it's so amazing that she was able to prove to such a large audience (and the world over) how good of a singer she is. It's sad how many people expected her to fail just because of how she looked, but it's so awesome to see her succeed in that kind of scenario!
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby LadyRushia » Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:09 pm

I just watched this earlier today. The best part is that everyone laughed at her and she completely showed them off. If she doesn't win the show, she'll probably get a record deal somewhere else.
Fanfiction (updated 1/1/11)-- Lucky Star--Ginsaki ch. 4
[color="Magenta"]Sometimes I post things.[/color]
Image Image Image
LadyRushia

Postby ChristianKitsune » Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:50 pm

...just heard about this at church from my pastor's wife XDDDDDD and then I came on here and I was like "huh word spreads..."

XD Simon looked like he was in love or something... XD
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby Roy Mustang » Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:20 pm

Even if she doesn't win, they said that Simon Cowell has offer her a record deal.
[color="Red"]
[font="Book Antiqua"]
[font="Book Antiqua"]Col. Roy Mustang[/font][/font][/color]
Roy Mustang

Postby minakichan » Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:23 pm

That was really amazing!

But I do still think the Fantine in the original London cast was better.
ImageImage
minakichan

Postby Sheenar » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:05 pm

That was awesome!

Les Miserables is by far my favorite musical and she does it justice. :D
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby Nate » Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:45 am

I was watching a story about this on CNN and yeah, I'll admit when I saw her I was expecting another William Hung moment, but then she proceeded to kick me in the shins for having preconceived notions about her talent based on her appearance.

Yeah, she's good. Really good. I hope this opens up doors to wonderful things for her. :3

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Peanut » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:29 am

I had seen this story on Yahoo but I hadn't really had a chance to watch the video untill now...yeah, she blew my non-existant socks off...

Roy Mustang (post: 1305175) wrote:Even if she doesn't win, they said that Simon Cowell has offer her a record deal.

I'm glad to hear this, especially considering the look on Simon's face when she began singing. He was...shocked to say the least...
CAA's Resident Starcraft Expert

goldenspines wrote:Its only stealing if you don't get caught.
Peanut

Susan Boyle

Postby Paul » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:02 am

I saw that clip a few minutes ago. That was so cool! She inspired me to keep on going. I thank God that I saw that footage. It really spoke to me.

Paul
"You heart is free. Have the courage to follow it." -Malcom Wallace. (Braveheart)
Paul

Postby Hana Ryuuzaki » Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:40 pm

Peanut (post: 1305298) wrote:I'm glad to hear this, especially considering the look on Simon's face when she began singing. He was...shocked to say the least...

[font="Palatino Linotype"]He looked like a fricken' lovesick puppy! XDD

But yeah, I'm glad that she'll get a record deal either way. She totally deserves it.[/font]
[SIGPIC]http://christiananime.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=9906&dateline=1214542817[/SIGPIC]
[SIZE="1"][color="Plum"]WHY GOD MADE J-ROCK: Kamijo[/color][/SIZE]
[color="LightBlue"][SIZE="3"][font="Century Gothic"]Crucify My Love, If My Love Is Blind...[/SIZE][/color][/font]
Hana Ryuuzaki

Postby Scarecrow » Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:32 pm

Not a fan of that style singing by any means and I think if I just heard her on a CD or something, I'd be like meh... No doubt she does have a voice though. But the great thing about this video was the way everyone expected her to fail and then totally proving them wrong. I love the little smirk she cracks just before she starts singing. Its like, "watch this people" in kind of a sly, confident, humble sort of way. Then watching everyones faces change... Plus she has a real pleasant and likable personality.
"Take me down, shake me out. Give me a brain, that I might know You better"
Scarecrow

Postby ~darkelfgirl~ » Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:43 pm

Hehe at that girl's facial expression before Boyle sang. Boyle showed her!!
[color=purple][font=Tahoma][color=royalblue]"But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint."--[/color]Isaiah 40:31
[/font]
[/color]
~darkelfgirl~

Postby Sheol777 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:21 pm

Image........... My Deep Space Nine Podcast ........... My Anime List...........
Sheol777

Postby Fantasy Dreamer » Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:11 am

Radical Dreamer (post: 1305154) wrote: It's sad how many people expected her to fail just because of how she looked, but it's so awesome to see her succeed in that kind of scenario!

I know, I agree. Did you see the girl rolling her eyes in the audience? She proved that just because you're not a 2 inch waste super model, doesn't mean you can't sing beautifully! I love that she blew them away with her voice! Simply amazing.
"Be strong, and let your heart take courage, all you who wait for the Lord!" - Psalm 31:24

"MOES: Sig. Or sig not. There is no scroll."

My Fanfiction.net account
My DA account
My MAL

"An XD a post will keep humor at its most." - Goldenspines <3
Fantasy Dreamer

Postby Sheol777 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:12 pm

You're slipping rocklobster
Image........... My Deep Space Nine Podcast ........... My Anime List...........
Sheol777

Return to General