Okay, I have a question...

Talk about anything in here.

Okay, I have a question...

Postby Sparx00 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:04 pm

Are my threads boring? (Yes this may sound strange but, are they?)
You wish you could shred like me.
Sparx00

Postby Smile:) » Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:08 pm

No, I've never thought that.
What makes you ask?
[color="Lime"]I[/color] [color="Lime"]You People![/color]
Smile:)

Location: In wonderland having tea with the Mad Hatter, and the March Hare. It's our unbirthdays!

Postby ShiroiHikari » Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:09 pm

Zzzzz...zzzz...oh, uh...what?
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Sparx00 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:30 pm

Smile wrote:No, I've never thought that.
What makes you ask?

Uhhh... Just thought I'd ask.

It's just that sometimes nobody posts in some of my threads. Heh-heh. :sweat: (I know this probably hasn't just happened to me but, I just thought I'd ask people for their opinion. And I want it to be honest okay?)
Sparx00

Postby Phantom_Sorano » Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:42 pm

I all honesty, I think your threads are fine. Don't beat yourself up over it.
Jeremiah 29:11-"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord,"plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
"All the world's a stage and all the men and women merely players; they have their entrances and their exits and one man in his time plays many parts."-Will Shakespeare
@)}~ carry this rose in your sig, as thanks, to all the CAA Moderators
Phantom_Sorano

Postby LadyRushia » Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:44 pm

People just might not be interested in what you (and I mean "you" in general) post. I wouldn't worry too much about it. Usually, it has nothing to do with you as a person and more to do with whatever you posted.
Fanfiction (updated 1/1/11)-- Lucky Star--Ginsaki ch. 4
[color="Magenta"]Sometimes I post things.[/color]
Image Image Image
LadyRushia

Postby Smile:) » Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:50 pm

I'm sure it's just that they were over looked by mistake, more then anything else.
Your threads are for sure not boring!
[color="Lime"]I[/color] [color="Lime"]You People![/color]
Smile:)

Location: In wonderland having tea with the Mad Hatter, and the March Hare. It's our unbirthdays!

Postby Sparx00 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:51 pm

LadyRushia wrote:People just might not be interested in what you (and I mean "you" in general) post.

I'm a bit confused. Is this a typo?
Sparx00

Postby Cognitive Gear » Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:58 pm

Sparx00 (post: 1305107) wrote:I'm a bit confused. Is this a typo?

"You" in the sense of people in general, not "you" in particular, I believe.
Cognitive Gear

Postby ~darkelfgirl~ » Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:02 pm

Sparx00 (post: 1305107) wrote:I'm a bit confused. Is this a typo?

Rushia means that they may not be interested in the topic at hand. You are not the problem. You posted some interesting things before. Some of us don't have the time to respond to everything (like me :) ).

My threads are boring!
[color=purple][font=Tahoma][color=royalblue]"But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint."--[/color]Isaiah 40:31
[/font]
[/color]
~darkelfgirl~

Postby KumaruRockz » Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:07 pm

Lolz this sounds like something I would post lol. I go through it too lol. All the time xD
[font="Franklin Gothic Medium"]To be honest, I don't have much to say.[/font]
KumaruRockz

Postby Tsukuyomi » Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:17 pm

Some may not be interested in the topic of thread, so they see no need to contribute in a thread they have nothing to say in ^__^
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby LadyRushia » Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:28 pm

~darkelfgirl~ (post: 1305112) wrote:Rushia means that they may not be interested in the topic at hand. You are not the problem. You posted some interesting things before. Some of us don't have the time to respond to everything (like me :) ).

My threads are boring!

Yeah, you and Cog got it.

DEG, your threads aren't boring, although there is a CERTAIN thread that you should definitely update.
Image Image Image
LadyRushia

Postby GundamFan » Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:32 pm

Yes they are extremely boring.:grin:
Serousily Sparx some threads will take off some won't it's just the way things are and you shouldn't worry about it man.
GundamFan

Postby ~darkelfgirl~ » Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:40 pm

LadyRushia (post: 1305124) wrote:Yeah, you and Cog got it.

DEG, your threads aren't boring, although there is a CERTAIN thread that you should definitely update.

*dies from laughing* Wow! You remember that?! Intense!

If I post a different story and at least try to keep it going, will you forget the fact that I haven't finished that one? I mean, I'm revamping the entire plot (the only thing I have of the new one is a prologue)...

Anyways, don't put down yourself, Sparx. We all have those days.
[color=purple][font=Tahoma][color=royalblue]"But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint."--[/color]Isaiah 40:31
[/font]
[/color]
~darkelfgirl~

Postby KagayakiWashi » Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:16 pm

You just gotta get louder clothes! Bright colors! And.....oh, wait....you don't mean those kind of threads?
"To be a good listener, you must acquire a musical culture...you must be familiar with the history and development of music, you must listen...to receive music you have to open your ears and wait for the music, you must believe that it is something you need ...to listen is an effort, and just to hear has no merit. A duck hears also." - Igor Stravinsky
Are you hurting? Struggling with something? Need an ear? Check out The Hopeline! https://www.thehopeline.com/CSDefault.aspx
The Blog! http://kagayakiwashi.livejournal.com/
KagayakiWashi

Location: Constantly chasing the dragonfly of love....or something like that

Postby LadyRushia » Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:59 pm

Go for it, DEG.

In general, I think putting too much stock into whether or not people reply to your posts on the internet is not very good, XD.
Image Image Image
LadyRushia

Postby Sparx00 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:25 pm

KagayakiWashi (post: 1305174) wrote:You just gotta get louder clothes! Bright colors! And.....oh, wait....you don't mean those kind of threads?

No KW. XD

Hey guys, I did some comparing between the threads that ~darkelfgirl~ made with mine, it IS a fact that my threads are more boring then hers. XD

She only has one thread with no replies, while I have a grand total of seven threads with zero replies. :lol:
Sparx00

Postby ~darkelfgirl~ » Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:51 pm

Sparx00 (post: 1305232) wrote:No KW. XD

Hey guys, I did some comparing between the threads that ~darkelfgirl~ made with mine, it IS a fact that my threads are more boring then hers. XD

She only has one thread with no replies, while I have a grand total of seven threads with zero replies. :lol:

What the? You actually checked!?

Sparx! It's not that serious!!! :D

Look at this thread! It has responses! (Oh, the irony!) This wasn't a boring topic. Gah!
[/font]
[/color]
~darkelfgirl~

Postby Fantasy Dreamer » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:44 pm

~darkelfgirl~ (post: 1305112) wrote: Some of us don't have the time to respond to everything (like me :) ).

^ That.

And they(read me) procrastinate and end up forgetting about posting, or by the time they (read me) come back to post, everyone else has already posted what needs to be said and they (read I) don't feel like there's anything to add to it.

It doesn't mean your threads/topics are boring. And its not you. This happens to me to. Or, when I post on an already existing thread, it dies and nobody else posts for a very long time. Its nobody's fault and it doesn't mean anyone is boring, its just part of CAA members' routine. :)
"Be strong, and let your heart take courage, all you who wait for the Lord!" - Psalm 31:24

"MOES: Sig. Or sig not. There is no scroll."

My Fanfiction.net account
My DA account
My MAL

"An XD a post will keep humor at its most." - Goldenspines <3
Fantasy Dreamer

Postby Tsukuyomi » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:50 pm

It's a matter of having something to say ^^ It's not that it's not interesting, but maybe we just don't know/have anything to contribute ^__^

If we all did post when not really having anything to say.. Wouldn't it be considered spam in one's thread o.o?

(What I said earlier may have come out wrong.. This one may as well xD)
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby Dante » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:55 pm

Well... It's just that your posts lack polls, polls and emoticons... hacked emoticons that CAA has yet to reveal to the general world... like this one:

ಠ_ಠ (See... doesn't that just make your day feel better?) õ.O

Other than that, if you really want to get people to respond to your posts, join an RP and try to kill off someone elses character, or go to goof off and think of something funny (and by funny I mean downright hilarious to post in your posts :P)... If all else fails just make more threads like this one which grab huge amounts of replies as seen. Although these actions might not ellicit the responces you desire, they are ways to get responces... although in the end there probobly isn't much wrong with your posts and I'm just driving you crazy!

\,,/(^_^)\,,/
-Pascal
FKA Pascal
Dante

Postby ADXC » Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:01 pm

Aw don't beat yourself over this Sparx. Ive myself have had a many thread in which I was interested in creating where hardly anyone posted. So don't worry, your threads are getting more traffic than mine ever do! Including this one.
ADXC

Postby Sparx00 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:07 pm

~darkelfgirl~ (post: 1305360) wrote:What the? You actually checked!?

Sparx! It's not that serious!!! :D

XD I know, I know. I just checked for the heck of it. :P

If you're gonna live, have some fun while doing it. :grin:
Sparx00

Postby RobinSena » Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:27 am

It's not a poll. How can I say yes without the anonymousness of a poll??

Hah, kidding. (or am I?) ;) Some threads take off and some just don't, it has nothing to do with you. =)
FKA: ChurchPunk[SIZE="1"]
MOES: Sig. Or sig not. There is no scroll.
[/SIZE]
RobinSena

Postby EricTheFred » Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:02 am

I'm finding it ironic how many replies you are getting to this thread.

I think it is largely your imagination. I did a search on 'threads started by Sparx00 and saw that only a minority of them have 0 replies.

It's no greater a percentage than you would get from searching threads started by me. So either I'm more unpopular than I realized, or you're just fine.
May the Lord bless you and keep you.
May He cause His face to shine upon you.
May He lift up His countenance and grant you peace.

Maokun: Ninjas or Pirates? (Vikings are not a valid answer, sorry)

EricTheFred: Vikings are always a valid answer.

Feel free to visit My Writing.com Portfolio

Largo: "Well Ed, good to see ya. Guess I gotta beat the crap out of you now."

Jamie Hyneman: "It's just another lovely day at the bomb range. Birds are singing, rabbits are hopping about, and soon there's going to be a big explosion."
EricTheFred

Postby That Dude » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:39 am

It's pretty much hit and miss with everybody, I've had many threads that didn't get any posts...I've also had threads the were up to 70+ pages...
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby Lady Kenshin » Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:16 pm

Nopers! Everyone on here is interesting!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

It's okay to be a fanfiction author... http://www.fanfiction.net/~loveslabourswon
Lady Kenshin

Return to General