What Movies are you Watching?

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby bigsleepj » Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:58 pm

Slumdog Millionaire on the big screen. Absolutely excellent!
Unwise Toasting Sermon

The Sweet Smell of CAA
The Avatar Christian Ronin designed for me
An Avatar KhakiBlue gave to me
The avatar Termyt made for me

KhakiBlueSocks wrote:"I'm going to make you a prayer request you can't refuse..." Cue the violins. :lol:

Current Avatar by SirThinks2much - thank you very much! :thumb::)
bigsleepj

Postby GhostontheNet » Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:15 am

Tonight I watched Creature from the Black Lagoon.
GhostontheNet

Postby KagayakiWashi » Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:34 pm

I'm watching "To Kill a Mockingbird" right now, and I'll be watching "Slumdog Millionaire" later.
"To be a good listener, you must acquire a musical culture...you must be familiar with the history and development of music, you must listen...to receive music you have to open your ears and wait for the music, you must believe that it is something you need ...to listen is an effort, and just to hear has no merit. A duck hears also." - Igor Stravinsky
Are you hurting? Struggling with something? Need an ear? Check out The Hopeline! https://www.thehopeline.com/CSDefault.aspx
The Blog! http://kagayakiwashi.livejournal.com/
KagayakiWashi

Location: Constantly chasing the dragonfly of love....or something like that

Postby ich1990 » Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:37 pm

Hancock

Very unique twist on the classic superhero movie. It was a bit uneven, though; it was slapstick at the start and dead serious (and over dramatic) at the end.

Also, putting plot spoilers on the back of dvd cases is seriously unsportsmanlike.
Where an Eidolon, named night, on a black throne reigns upright.
ich1990

Postby Cognitive Gear » Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:02 pm

Ghost World- This was possibly the greatest adaptation of a comic book to film ever. It changes quite a lot of the story, but captures the feelings, emotions and themes of the comic perfectly.
Cognitive Gear

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:48 am

Ah, Ghost World. That's a great little movie. I haven't read the graphic novel but I've heard it's good.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby GhostontheNet » Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:09 pm

Warrior 4 Jesus (post: 1303260) wrote:Alien - Director's Cut.

Some of the additions/substitutions were very good but I feel they showed too much of the actual alien in this version and therefore it came across less real and less scary (at times).
Fancy that, we just watched Alien in The Horror Movie.
GhostontheNet

Postby shade of dae » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:06 am

Recently I have watched:

Tomb Raider- Hilarious. The absolute over-the-top-ness of it all made for a really terrible movie if you are expecting anything serious, but fortunately I wasn't, and consequently found it very funny.

Fool's Gold- Personally I have an extreme dislike for Matthew McConaughey, so that made me perceive the movie as worse than it probably was. Overall, it was a mediocre treasure hunting film.

Hancock- Very...Unique. As Ich said, the change from slapstick humor to cutting off hands, getting shot repeatedly, and killing someone with a blunt object was a little hard to swallow.

Sense and Sensibility- This is the second time I have watched this movie within the last two months, but it was worth it. I love the book, and this was an excellent adaption of it, but it was kind of odd seeing Alan Rickman play my favorite character. Granted, it made the movie better, but all I could think of was, "I'm going to count to three, there will not be a four", and kept expecting him to pull a gun or wand on Willoughby.
MAL

What call have I to dream of anything?
I am a wolf. Back to the world again,
And speech of fellow-brutes that once were men
Our throats can bark for slaughter: cannot sing.
-C.S. Lewis
shade of dae

Postby Sheol777 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:50 pm

Godfather II

...for the first time.

Not bad. It's not the first movie, but it had some good points.
Image........... My Deep Space Nine Podcast ........... My Anime List...........
Sheol777

Postby Htom Sirveaux » Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:56 pm

Cloverfield. Sweet. It's very reassuring to know that filmmakers are still interested in doing "giant monster" movies.
Now . . .

MORE GAMERA, PLEEEASE!
If this post seems too utterly absurd or ridiculous to be taken seriously, don't. :)
Htom Sirveaux

Postby KagayakiWashi » Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:25 pm

I just finished "The Cat Returns". That was an EXTREMELY delightful movie. Recommended to all.
"To be a good listener, you must acquire a musical culture...you must be familiar with the history and development of music, you must listen...to receive music you have to open your ears and wait for the music, you must believe that it is something you need ...to listen is an effort, and just to hear has no merit. A duck hears also." - Igor Stravinsky
Are you hurting? Struggling with something? Need an ear? Check out The Hopeline! https://www.thehopeline.com/CSDefault.aspx
KagayakiWashi

Postby GhostontheNet » Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:35 pm

KagayakiWashi (post: 1303774) wrote:I just finished "The Cat Returns". That was an EXTREMELY delightful movie. Recommended to all.
Agreed, The Cat Returns is a true delight I am proud to have in my movie collection. As for me, today in Development of Film Expression we watched The 400 Blows. I've gotta hand it to the French New Wave directors, they've got some serious style.
GhostontheNet

Postby ich1990 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:34 pm

Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves

I didn't think that a movie with Morgan Freeman, Sean Connery, and Alan Rickman in it could be so terrible.
ich1990

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:08 am

I watched Hancock recently, too. Interesting, and Will Smith's acting is awesome as always, but not my favorite of his movies.

I also watched Lady in the Water as...erm..."research" for a character of mine who stutters >_>
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby ich1990 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:19 am

Race to Witch Mountain

Surprisingly, the movie was pretty much non-stop action. It was a bit cheesy in some areas, but it was quite well done for a movie aimed at kids. It was not as good as, say, the National Treasure or Narnia movies, but not terribly bad either.
ich1990

Postby GhostontheNet » Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:58 pm

I recently finished watching The Fall.
GhostontheNet

Postby Mithrandir » Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:12 pm

Just finished "Hoodwinked." Hi LAR ious!
Mithrandir

Postby GhostontheNet » Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:20 am

Last night I watched Batman Begins.
GhostontheNet

Postby Htom Sirveaux » Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:02 pm

I watched Candyman last evening. Yipe. I was too afraid to try the mirror thing for the rest of the night, but I did it this morning in my bathroom mirror and I'm still alive.
If this post seems too utterly absurd or ridiculous to be taken seriously, don't. :)
Htom Sirveaux

Postby KagayakiWashi » Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:15 pm

I just got done watching "Howl's Moving Castle" and........WHAT THE HECK?! I like weird stuff, but....I'm not sure about this one.
KagayakiWashi

Postby ShiroiHikari » Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:59 pm

KagayakiWashi (post: 1304428) wrote:I just got done watching "Howl's Moving Castle" and........WHAT THE HECK?! I like weird stuff, but....I'm not sure about this one.

I like the book better.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby GhostontheNet » Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:00 am

Tonight I watched Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Not bad after two days of pizza.
GhostontheNet

Postby bigsleepj » Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:06 am

ShiroiHikari (post: 1304432) wrote:I like the book better.

I concur, your excellency.

Speaking of curries conning, I recently re-watched The Passion of Joan of Arc by Carl Theodor Dryer, arguably one of the best silent movies ever made.
Unwise Toasting Sermon

The Sweet Smell of CAA
The Avatar Christian Ronin designed for me
An Avatar KhakiBlue gave to me
The avatar Termyt made for me

KhakiBlueSocks wrote:"I'm going to make you a prayer request you can't refuse..." Cue the violins. :lol:

Current Avatar by SirThinks2much - thank you very much! :thumb::)
bigsleepj

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:43 pm

Aliens - Special Edition (much better than the original - more character development and more suspense).
A great sci-fi horror/action but not quite as good as Alien. 8.5/10
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby GhostontheNet » Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:20 pm

bigsleepj (post: 1304482) wrote:Speaking of curries conning, I recently re-watched The Passion of Joan of Arc by Carl Theodor Dryer, arguably one of the best silent movies ever made.
Well, it certainly is quite excellent, but there are so many brilliant silent movies that which are the absolute best is a point of contention.
GhostontheNet

Postby GhostontheNet » Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:45 pm

Tonight in The Horror Movie we watched The Shining.
GhostontheNet

Postby shade of dae » Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:00 am

Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves- I laughed through the entire movie, but I'm not sure if it was supposed to be a comedy.

Elizabethtown- Long. Boring. I've been debating if it seemed long because it was boring, or if it was boring becuase it was long. Either way, you get the idea.
MAL

What call have I to dream of anything?
I am a wolf. Back to the world again,
And speech of fellow-brutes that once were men
Our throats can bark for slaughter: cannot sing.
-C.S. Lewis
shade of dae

Postby KagayakiWashi » Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:58 am

I just finished "Nausicaa of the Wind Valley" today and yesterday I watched "Spirited Away". For all the hype that "Spirited..." gets, I was expecting something more. "Nausicaa..." had skipping problems and I missed 10-20 minutes of the movie....I don't feel like I need a replacement disc to see what I missed. Need I say more?
KagayakiWashi

Postby Sheol777 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:08 pm

Saw V

I don't know why I keep watching. They progressively get worse.

The first one was ground breaking. I mean the feel is still there, but the story isn't...
Image........... My Deep Space Nine Podcast ........... My Anime List...........
Sheol777

Postby Mithrandir » Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:07 pm

Watched Totoro again. I often forget how good that is. :D
Mithrandir

Previous Next

Return to General Entertainment