If so, post a link :D
[font="Franklin Gothic Medium"]To be honest, I don't have much to say.[/font]
KumaruRockz

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:43 pm

I hate Twitter.
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Dante » Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:53 pm

... Doshite?

Perhaps that's a bit vague... but do I get this right that there is a webpage with mass amounts of content and fanfair to display to the whole world with great anticipation...

That you indeed are going to sleep? :P
FKA Pascal
Dante

Postby ShiroiHikari » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:14 pm

Mr. SmartyPants (post: 1303947) wrote:I hate Twitter.

Once again, we actually agree on something.

Twitter is like Livejournal for people with ADD.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby blkmage » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:40 pm

Personally, I use Twitter as a microblog. It's useful for posting short thoughts on things like anime episode and manga chapter impressions or light commentary on other topics. That way, I can keep my blog free of clutter and save it for longer essays. I also use Twitter to communicate with some real life friends I have as well as some Internet people that I've met.

That said, here's mine: http://twitter.com/blkmage
blkmage

Postby Roy Mustang » Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:13 pm

I don't have Twitter, but I have Facebook. As of late, Facebook is starting to turn into Twitter. Blah!

ShiroiHikari wrote:Twitter is like Livejournal for people with ADD.

You just open the door for me to post this, thanks! XD

[color="Red"]Col. Roy Mustang[/color]
Roy Mustang

Postby Midori » Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:26 pm

I was going to start a blog, but then I realized almost everything I wanted to say was 140 characters or less. Also, I don't have AD(H)D. Also, I only update about 1-3 times a day.

http://twitter.com/quietfanatic
Midori

Postby Shilohan ninja » Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:15 pm

I don't use it extensively or purfusely, but I update now and then. Actually I just started about almost a week ago, so I'm still fairly new to twitter.

Having said all that, here's my twitter: http://twitter.com/JAck5tack
Finish Strong - 2Tim. 4:7,8
"[color="SeaGreen"]Speak up for those who never get a chance to choose life rather than those who have rights and use them improperly."[/color] - A good friend of mine
[color="Purple"]Normal is a setting on a washing machine[/color]. -A youth pastor of mine
[SIZE="5"]JESUS IS LORD![/SIZE] End of descussion.
[color="Red"]Farewell to false pretention
Farewell to hollow words
Farewell to fake affection
Farewell tomorrow burns[/color] - Demon HunterMy Blog
Shilohan ninja

Postby Peanut » Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:32 pm

Pascal (post: 1303950) wrote:... Doshite?

Perhaps that's a bit vague... but do I get this right that there is a webpage with mass amounts of content and fanfair to display to the whole world with great anticipation...

That you indeed are going to sleep? :P

Well, you see, Twitter is like virtual stalking (except legal)...so yes, for some individuals there would be a great deal of anticipation to know that Peanut is indeed going to sleep or to find out that I am enjoying a massive Buffalo Chicken Wrap...mmmm...

Yes, I have a Twitter...http://twitter.com/peanut_kirdtgo
CAA's Resident Starcraft Expert

goldenspines wrote:Its only stealing if you don't get caught.
Peanut

Postby Tsukuyomi » Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:00 pm

Peanut (post: 1304393) wrote:Well, you see, Twitter is like virtual stalking (except legal)...so yes, for some individuals there would be a great deal of anticipation to know that Peanut is indeed going to sleep or to find out that I am enjoying a massive Buffalo Chicken Wrap...mmmm...

Yes, I have a Twitter...http://twitter.com/peanut_kirdtgo

Lawl, I just read that.. Yummy spicy kick 8D~~~
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby Dante » Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:28 pm

But unfortunately, when most people actually are doing something (like jumping out of an air-plane) they lack the ability to note it on twitter because typing while skydiving is generally difficult... and loading up Windows XP would take the whole flight anyways.

Thus, all REAL posts on twitter read the following:
I am bored.
I am goofing off from work or homework (and hence also bored).
I have run out of poll ideas for goof of.

None of which anyone would want to read, and more importantly, if they did it would generally depress them even further about their own twitter accounts which state the same... Anything other than the above is lie. give it up. you have no life, twitter is proof.
FKA Pascal
Dante

Postby Peanut » Sat Apr 11, 2009 4:20 pm

Pascal (post: 1304401) wrote:But unfortunately, when most people actually are doing something (like jumping out of an air-plane) they lack the ability to note it on twitter because typing while skydiving is generally difficult... and loading up Windows XP would take the whole flight anyways.

Actually, you should be able to use Twitter on at least some cell phones (I haven't tried it out with my own cell phone which is increadibly...bland as far as cell phones go...so I can't say all yet...). So it would be rather easy to update right before you jumped out of the plane...

Peanut

Postby ADXC » Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:38 pm

I got this Twitter message from my youth pastor.

ccteens: Get plenty of sleep and rise early to celebrate the risen Lord! Read 1 Corinthians 15:56-57 http://tinyurl.com/d4qcmo

Ok maybe I lied, I do have Twitter, but just for my youth group.
ADXC

Postby Tsukuyomi » Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:57 pm

Pascal (post: 1304401) wrote:But unfortunately, when most people actually are doing something (like jumping out of an air-plane) they lack the ability to note it on twitter because typing while skydiving is generally difficult... and loading up Windows XP would take the whole flight anyways.

Thus, all REAL posts on twitter read the following:
I am bored.
I am goofing off from work or homework (and hence also bored).
I have run out of poll ideas for goof of.

None of which anyone would want to read, and more importantly, if they did it would generally depress them even further about their own twitter accounts which state the same... Anything other than the above is lie. give it up. you have no life, twitter is proof.

This is what the IPhone is for u_u/

I has none, but yeah.. IPhone FTW \O.O/
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby Peanut » Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:19 pm

The Iphone is a marvelous invention...when it doesn't fail massively...excuse the mini-side rant, but based off of my Brother in Law's experience with his...I'm not sold on it yet...of course the 3G does seem to be much better in terms of random debilitating problems...

Peanut

Postby Dante » Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:45 pm

Another side rant... why pay large amounts of money for anything Apple puts out... if I wanted something that was buggy, I'd write/build it myself (I can no longer use Microsoft... because they've been rather good lately to me concerning not releasing buggy things... even Vista has worked perfectly for me).
FKA Pascal
Dante

Postby nicktk1 » Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:51 pm

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[color="Red"]its[/color] [color="Lime"]cuz[/color] [color="Yellow"]i[/color]
[color="Yellow"] love [/color][color="Magenta"]you[/color][color="Red"] that[/color][color="Cyan"]i[/color]
[color="Yellow"]follow[/color] [color="Lime"]you[/color]
O o
/¯________________________
| I'MA FIRIN' MAH LAZOR!!! BLAAAAGH!!!
\_¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
nicktk1

Postby blkmage » Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:23 pm

Pascal (post: 1304455) wrote:Another side rant... why pay large amounts of money for anything Apple puts out... if I wanted something that was buggy, I'd write/build it myself (I can no longer use Microsoft... because they've been rather good lately to me concerning not releasing buggy things... even Vista has worked perfectly for me).

Then if we put the sum of our experiences together, we're both extremely lucky. Because you have paid large amounts of money to Microsoft and they've been good at releasing not buggy things, whereas I've had nothing but fail with their products. And I've paid large amounts of money to Apple and haven't found their products buggy or failing at all, whereas you've had nothing but bugs.

About Twitter and phones: unless you're in a country that isn't supported or you have a really, really old phone, you can text (like, with SMS) updates to Twitter.
blkmage

Postby Puguni » Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:33 pm

blkmage (post: 1304462) wrote:About Twitter and phones: unless you're in a country that isn't supported or you have a really, really old phone, you can text (like, with SMS) updates to Twitter.

It's how we have first hand accounts of the people who were on that plane who landed on the Hudson river. I'm not sure how appropriate twittering would be in a life-threatening situations though. ;|
Puguni

Location: In a place where I can wonder why good grammar doesn't apply on the internet.

Postby MBlight » Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:11 am

Firstly... Apple FTW!!! I have nothing but marvels from them and, honestly, I am beyond lost without my trusty old iPhone.

Secondly... my twitter is this
I am a Rat Activist!

My Blog: http://mhitchens.wordpress.com

@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

Proud member of MOES!
MBlight

Return to General