Commission - Graphic Designer - for my wedding

Talk about anything in here.

Commission - Graphic Designer - for my wedding

Postby Galant » Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:12 am

I'll get to the point. I got engaged this past December and as we are preparing for the wedding we want to have a slight Japanese theme present in certain aspects as well as a Human Trafficking element. I'm looking for a Christian artist/graphic designer who might be able to work with me on coming up with a few Japanese style motifs/designs, to be used in the wedding like the invitations, little handouts, and possibly table decorations and things.

I've worked with people from here before - thanks Inkhana and Mave, the works were amazing and were greatly loved - so if anyone can help or recommend something or someone, let me know!

The wedding will be this summer so I'd like to get started soon.

Contact me for more info on the motifs.

Thanks.

G.
No trees were harmed in the creation of this message. However, many electrons were displaced and terribly inconvenienced.

Adopted by Starfire!

OATS - for Shoobie goodness!
Galant

Postby chibiphonebooth » Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:15 am

are you paying? XD
ImageImageImage

[font="Impact"][SIZE="3"][color="SeaGreen"]"Savannah's signature: ruining serious since 2008"[/color][/SIZE][/font]

[font="Georgia"][color="Orange"][url=yourtoesaremissing.deviantart.com]Visit my DA X3[/url][/color][/font]
chibiphonebooth

Postby Galant » Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:58 am

Indeed.
No trees were harmed in the creation of this message. However, many electrons were displaced and terribly inconvenienced.

Adopted by Starfire!

Galant

Postby Ashley » Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:34 pm

Hey, my fiance is working on our wedding site, and he's trying to break into web design...I bet he would love a chance to do this. Off the top of my head, I know he knows at least 6 or 7 computer languages, and is doing a lot of unique programming things for our own site (like an E-RSVP form that allows guests to email us and is linked to our guest list, a photo-upload album, etc.). He's basically trying to drum up a few projects to get a portfolio together.

I'll try to talk to him about it, but if I forget, go ahead and give him a PM because I'm sure he'd love to help. His username is Cap'n Nick.
Ashley

Postby Galant » Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:35 pm

Thanks Ashley. I'll check in again tomorrow or the day after. And try to make contact from there.

Adopted by Starfire!

Galant

Postby SnoringFrog » Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:47 pm

Ashley (post: 1302202) wrote:Hey, my fiance is working on our wedding site, and he's trying to break into web design...I bet he would love a chance to do this. Off the top of my head, I know he knows at least 6 or 7 computer languages, and is doing a lot of unique programming things for our own site (like an E-RSVP form that allows guests to email us and is linked to our guest list, a photo-upload album, etc.). He's basically trying to drum up a few projects to get a portfolio together.

I'll try to talk to him about it, but if I forget, go ahead and give him a PM because I'm sure he'd love to help. His username is Cap'n Nick.

I was about to ask you to have him email me if he had any tips, but it turns out he's already helped me in the computer forum, lol. Didn't realize that's who that was.

@Galant: Sorry, graphics aren't my forté. And no one comes to mind that I know from DeviantArt that could help. The only contact I've got for that realm of things isn't the type of person that works much with any Asian-styled things.
UC Pseudonym wrote:For a while I wasn't sure how to answer this, and then I thought "What would Batman do?" Excuse me while I find a warehouse with a skylight...
[SIZE="7"][color="MediumTurquoise"]Cobalt Figure 8[/color][/SIZE]
DeviantArt || Myspace || Facebook || Greasemonkey Scripts || Stylish Userstyles
SnoringFrog

Postby chibiphonebooth » Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:16 pm

I'd love to do some designs and such! if you want to see my art site, you can go to http://www.yourtoesaremissing.deviantart.com. :D
ImageImageImage

[font="Impact"][SIZE="3"][color="SeaGreen"]"Savannah's signature: ruining serious since 2008"[/color][/SIZE][/font]

[font="Georgia"][color="Orange"][url=yourtoesaremissing.deviantart.com]Visit my DA X3[/url][/color][/font]
chibiphonebooth

Postby Galant » Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:54 am

Chibi, thanks, but I'm looking for a different style, nice work though.

Ash, no response yet so I'll seek him out!

Thanks.

Adopted by Starfire!

Galant

Postby Galant » Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:05 am

So, I'm still looking for help if anyone is interested. Thanks!

Adopted by Starfire!

Galant

Postby animechica » Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:31 pm

I'm no professional, but I'm willing to give it a shot as I am poor. ;_;
Do you mean traditional Japanese (as in koi, sumi-e paintings, etc.) or Japanese pop art?
And human trafficking, hm, are you using your wedding to bring attention the the cause? That's really unique.
animechica

Postby Galant » Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:11 am

Hi Sapphi!

What I'm after is basically line work. A motif or pattern that can be used as decoration on invitations and other paperwork. Hopefully it can incorporate some specific elements I have in mind. Do you have an links I can take a look at?

And yes, human trafficking is something I've had on my heart a while now. I believe a true look at the nature of marriage as God intended provides the perfect contrast or counter point to the abuse of human trafficking.

Hope you're well.

God bless.

Adopted by Starfire!

Galant

Postby minakichan » Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:33 am

I doubt that I have any of the style that you might be looking for, but I do pretty varied work, so putting my devART out there anyway: http://minakichan.deviantart.com/

I know Illustrator, so vectorized GD is not problem.
ImageImage
minakichan

Postby animechica » Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:52 pm

Galant (post: 1304154) wrote:Hi Sapphi!

What I'm after is basically line work. A motif or pattern that can be used as decoration on invitations and other paperwork. Hopefully it can incorporate some specific elements I have in mind. Do you have an links I can take a look at?

And yes, human trafficking is something I've had on my heart a while now. I believe a true look at the nature of marriage as God intended provides the perfect contrast or counter point to the abuse of human trafficking.

Hope you're well.

God bless.

*sigh* not really, I don't update much on my deviantart page, and most of my stuff is manga-styled. But, if you give me a suggestion of something to draw, I could do a couple doodles and you could see if my style was your thing or not ^_^
animechica

Postby Galant » Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:09 pm

Hi! So I'm now urgently looking for someone who could work with my fiancee and I to come up with some designs for our wedding invitations.

Due to moving around the world and waiting ages on official, visa related paperwork, the wedding is now being fixed in to Nov/Dec this year. Woo hoo!

If there's anyone out there who could help (We'll be paying), please get in touch. We're looking for Japanese/Asian style design possibly featuring the motifs - Sword and Fountain, and River and Tree. Or some combination thereof. I can explain more clearly if anyone is interested.

Any help in putting together this peace of our wedding would be greatly appreciated!

God bless,

G.

Adopted by Starfire!

Galant

Postby Arya Raiin » Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:36 pm

I'd love to help, but I'm not quite up to that yet. However, I'll see if I can come up with something that maybe satisfying to show you what I can do.
Arya Raiin

Postby mechana2015 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:53 pm

I have experience in graphic design, but I would like a little more detail as to what you're looking for, especially explanations of the themes you're looking for, as I havn't focused on asian art aside from manga. PM me if you're interested or want examples of work.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby Syreth » Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:23 pm

I have a few Christian designer contacts who have been in the field for several years. One is celebrating 20 years as an independent contractor. All of them are very talented. If you want, you can PM me with specifics, I'll see if any of them need any work, and I'll try to nail down a quote for you.
Syreth

Return to General