President Gives Queen Elizabeth II An iPod

Talk about anything in here.

Postby Roy Mustang » Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:36 pm

Bobtheduck wrote:I think this was referring to the ORIGINAL God Save the Queen, aka the national anthem of the UK. I don't think the queen would appreciate punk much, myself.

Yep, you got it. I was talking about the national anthem of the UK.

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Red"]Col. Roy Mustang
[/color]
[/font]
Roy Mustang

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:45 am

I dunno... no matter what's on it, something that you can get even from Wal Mart just doesn't say "meaningful" XD
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Jingo Jaden » Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:40 am

bigsleepj (post: 1303126) wrote:Actually, despite region coding, most British and European DVD players can play American DVD's. I would know, since I import DVD's by the gallon.

I have a region free dvd, pretty much all movies and so I import from the states won't work on the regular one which is bought in Norway, and I am fairly confident that it is the regular European code.

I just think that it is an overall crappy state gift. I mean, on a state level I feel that portraits and gemstones that where owned by famous people do the trick, heck, even pens that someone big in the state history could work. Giving a basic consumer product just shows very little interest to create national ties…... Let alone one that does not work over there. It is easy to look over, but it's nice to give something that the store two hundred meters away from Buckingham Palace does not have.

Now, I might be wrong. This may be 'new' and 'cool' for some. Still, I just don't think it is very good diplomacy overall. It's a small thing, but one which has some significance. I only hope he gives Putin something better.

Hopefully it won't matter much at all. It's just my two cents and I am not trying to create a debate on any level here. I think Gordon is a person who won't mind this at either rate. The queen already has an ipod from what I know.
Of two evils, choose neither - Charles Spurgeon.

Jingo Jaden

Postby Lilac#18 » Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:49 am

Yeah, I heard about them giving the queen an IPod. :lol:
FKA Selenite
B careful of bad habits u form when ur single. In most cases u'll carry them over into ur marriage! - Damita Haddon

"Apparently, it takes more than just the sword." - Mirai (Future) Trunks

24When you lie down, you shall not be afraid; yes, you shall lie down, and your sleep shall be sweet. Proverbs 3:24 AMP

@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

Lilac#18

Postby KhakiBlueSocks » Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:16 pm

Roy Mustang (post: 1302882) wrote:I have $10 that God save the queen is on her Ipod list. XD[/color][/font]

Image[font="Trebuchet MS"][SIZE="4"][color="SeaGreen"]Win[/color][/SIZE][/font]

[font="Trebuchet MS"][SIZE="4"][color="RoyalBlue"]Back on topic, did you guys see the hullabaloo over First Lady Michelle giving the Queen a small hug in a picture? I mean, I understand decorum and proper manners, but still, it's just a small hug, and in the video I saw, the Queen clearly started it. [/color][/SIZE][/font]
Joshua: Hebrew -The LORD is Salvation

" wrote:RustyClaymore 11:27 - Ah yes, Socks is the single raindrop responsible for the flood. XD

Check out my new anime review blog, "The Cajun Samurai"

http://thecajunsamurai.wordpress.com/
KhakiBlueSocks

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:47 pm

"Here's a carved piece of wood from a slave ship."

"Here's a stack of DVDs that can be found anywhere."

Come on...

At least the Queen's gift wasn't made in China :B
Shao Feng-Li

Previous

Return to General