Tattoos

Talk about anything in here.

Postby chibiphonebooth » Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:39 pm

Noblewreck (post: 1302236) wrote:Friends, the way I see it, Tattoos are mortal graffiti on a Divine work of art. Do you want someone putting graffiti on your artwork? And with permanent ink at that.

Does not look classy. From a distance it looks like a blemish or dirt on ya.

(temporary tattoos are okay, I think).

some graffiti is mind blowing.

I think God gave us an artistic eye and long as it glorifies God, it's fine. I do not like tattoos that are like skulls and naked women all over. its just dirty and crude. but i think tattoos that maybe glorify God or aren't very harmful in any way are fine. to quote a great article by sacred tattoo, " Some also feel that modifying the body somehow defiles God's creation, but if this was true would it be right to pierce ears, correct a club foot, cut hair, clip nails, get a tan or use orthodontia? Each of the previously mentioned practices modifies the way we were originally created, some permanently. Getting a tattoo is a deeply personal choice that falls in the category of personal appearance and is vitally connected to the freedom of the believer. "
ImageImageImage

[font="Impact"][SIZE="3"][color="SeaGreen"]"Savannah's signature: ruining serious since 2008"[/color][/SIZE][/font]

[font="Georgia"][color="Orange"][url=yourtoesaremissing.deviantart.com]Visit my DA X3[/url][/color][/font]
chibiphonebooth

Postby xblack_x_rosesx » Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:01 pm

I agree with Savvy.
She knows her stuff =P

As for me, I've got my first tattoo appointment made for next month (my birthday ^_^). I'm getting the Salvador Dali elephant up my side, from my hip to just a little under my under arm. I'm very stoked.
My boyfriend has a half-sleeve right now.
His mom's also really into tattoo's- she has a half sleeve, a back piece, and random ones over her body.

She has a really corny liscence plate that says "Our bodies are God's temple- it's up to us to decorate them" or something like that, but it holds some truth I think.

[SIZE="1"] You wanna sink, so I'm gonna let you. [/SIZE]

[DA hooray.]
xblack_x_rosesx

Postby Wind » Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:54 pm

I think I am gonna get my son's name on my back as a memorial to him because I had to give him up for adoption and it's not that I would ever forget him but I just want to memorialize
F.K.A. JadeFox, HisuiKitsune
Quote= MrRogers 03:32 - politics have nothing to do with good pizza

chatbot 02:56 - Wind asks, did I kill the chat
My answer: Yes

chatbot 01:55 - Wind asks, is diamonddragon shatterproof??

Wind 01:55 - O.O

Wind 01:55 - noooooooo

chatbot 01:55 - Wind asks, Am I shatterproof?
My answer: No

DiamondDragon 01:57 - YAYS, I'M SHATTERPROOF!!!!!!!!

Sparx00 02:55 - Mean loaf is the loaf of the gods

Strafe 01:09 - I'm a hotcake
Strafe 01:10 - I am a very hot cake

rocklobster 01:17 - "What's the point of being an adult if you can't be childish sometimes?"

Strafe 02:38 - ~EWWW BOYS ARE NASTYYYY!~
Wind

Postby Wind » Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:57 pm

chibiphonebooth (post: 1302252) wrote:some graffiti is mind blowing.

I think God gave us an artistic eye and long as it glorifies God, it's fine. I do not like tattoos that are like skulls and naked women all over. its just dirty and crude. but i think tattoos that maybe glorify God or aren't very harmful in any way are fine. to quote a great article by sacred tattoo, " Some also feel that modifying the body somehow defiles God's creation, but if this was true would it be right to pierce ears, correct a club foot, cut hair, clip nails, get a tan or use orthodontia? Each of the previously mentioned practices modifies the way we were originally created, some permanently. Getting a tattoo is a deeply personal choice that falls in the category of personal appearance and is vitally connected to the freedom of the believer. "

sorry for the double post but I completely agree here and it's all on what the personal belief of the believer is and it isn't right for people to judge " oh just because that person has tattooes she/he is a bad person" that is such an outdated bias and judgement it's a little ridiculous

rocklobster 01:17 - "What's the point of being an adult if you can't be childish sometimes?"

Wind

Postby That Dude » Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:24 pm

I don't really care either way, I have nothing against tats and think that many of them look cool. I just don't feel like bothering to go out of my way to ever get one. In fact I want to be different and not have one :p

The only one I'd get would be a wedding band tattooed on my finger.
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby nicktk1 » Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:20 pm

i like the posts people!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[color="Red"]its[/color] [color="Lime"]cuz[/color] [color="Yellow"]i[/color]
[color="Yellow"] love [/color][color="Magenta"]you[/color][color="Red"] that[/color][color="Cyan"]i[/color]
[color="Yellow"]follow[/color] [color="Lime"]you[/color]
O o
/¯________________________
| I'MA FIRIN' MAH LAZOR!!! BLAAAAGH!!!
\_¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
nicktk1

Postby xblack_x_rosesx » Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:29 pm

Well, when I get mine done, (35 days I think?) I'll be sure to post a picture to stir up some good ol' contraversy ;)

[DA hooray.]
xblack_x_rosesx

Postby GundamFan » Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:43 pm

I have nothing against tattoos I would give one warning though make sure if you gey one it's one you can conceal since many employeers still don't want to hire people that have them.
GundamFan

Postby bakura_fan » Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:38 pm

I really want to get one. I had a design before but don't know where it is. I've talked to my husband about it and he's fine with it. Since I would be getting some form of a combination of angel wings with a heart, he's gonna need to help take care of it. Not sure if I ever will but it is something that I have thought about, and still do.
:angel:

[color=DeepSkyBlue] "He lives in you. He lives in me. [/color]He watches over everything we see.
Into the water. Into the truth. [color=Yellow][color=DeepSkyBlue]In your reflection, He lives in you." - He lives in you chorus[/color][/color]
"Slow, love, slow. Time's so fast. Now goes quickly, see Now it's past!
Soon will come, Soon will last. Wait." [color=Yellow]- Wait (sweeney todd) [/color]

[align=center]My art page.

[align=center]Married to swordguy
:hug:

[/align]
[/align]
bakura_fan

Postby Pyro_artist » Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:10 pm

My dad and i had a talk about the subject of tattoos not too long ago, the conclusion we made about them was make sure you have the right reasons (i.e. if the tattoo is drawing you away from God, or if its not God glorifying, then best not get it). Also, just a note to remember if you are getting a tattoo: they don't look good on you when your about 80 (especially for guys who have them on their biceps. when you're 80, you pretty much lost that bulg that was once there)

I don't find anything wrong with them, and actually like them, but remember, its not worth getting one if it draws you away from God.
Pyro_artist

Postby Noblewreck » Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:34 pm

[color="Lime"]You guys have some cool art displayed on this thread. :thumb:

A cool tattoo is like the one Buzz Light-Year had on his foot. Only for me it should say property of Jesus.

Graffiti can be cool. Lady ChibiPhoneBooth has some great examples -- especially the top one. But wouldn't you like to change it up now and again rather than "marry" a design? A local DJ on a Christian Rock station requested I make some graffiti for her. She's said she was getting a tattoo too, by the way, Blah! -- anyhoo...

I'm an artist too, yet, to me monotone skin looks naturally healthy and thereby (if I may say so) looks sexy. I'm a guy (albeit 42) and Tattoos are a turn off to me. Though the girls on Hack-sign are kinda cool looking with those simple designs on.

God has entrusted you to your parents so first I would say listen to your parents. Then, when you're an adult God has entrusted your body to you, so it is your choice. We are stewards after all. The choice is yours. I'd suggest temporary tattoos --merely a suggestion. :)

You body is God art, Tattoos are people art.

Is there anything in the Bible about tattoos?[/color]
Noblewreck

Postby chibiphonebooth » Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:30 pm

Noblewreck (post: 1302839) wrote:[color="Lime"]You guys have some cool art displayed on this thread. :thumb:

A cool tattoo is like the one Buzz Light-Year had on his foot. Only for me it should say property of Jesus.

Graffiti can be cool. Lady ChibiPhoneBooth has some great examples -- especially the top one. But wouldn't you like to change it up now and again rather than "marry" a design? A local DJ on a Christian Rock station requested I make some graffiti for her. She's said she was getting a tattoo too, by the way, Blah! -- anyhoo...

I'm an artist too, yet, to me monotone skin looks naturally healthy and thereby (if I may say so) looks sexy. I'm a guy (albeit 42) and Tattoos are a turn off to me. Though the girls on Hack-sign are kinda cool looking with those simple designs on.

God has entrusted you to your parents so first I would say listen to your parents. Then, when you're an adult God has entrusted your body to you, so it is your choice. We are stewards after all. The choice is yours. I'd suggest temporary tattoos --merely a suggestion. :)

You body is God art, Tattoos are people art.

Is there anything in the Bible about tattoos?[/color]

there is kinda... but it's one leviticus verse and it is very often taken the wrong way. it says something along the lines of 'don't put marks on your body' but it was talking about the pagan worship that went along with the cuts and marks on the body. only PAGANS at the time did it, and no one else. so God was saying, don't do that cause people will think you are a pagan. Now, people from all over get tattoos, its no longer exclusive to one type of religion, race, or people group of any type.

this is a really good article talking about that verse and such: http://www.sacredink.net/tattoo_and_the_bible/
ImageImageImage

[font="Impact"][SIZE="3"][color="SeaGreen"]"Savannah's signature: ruining serious since 2008"[/color][/SIZE][/font]

[font="Georgia"][color="Orange"][url=yourtoesaremissing.deviantart.com]Visit my DA X3[/url][/color][/font]
chibiphonebooth

Postby Wind » Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:39 pm

I think that different people have different reasons for getting tattooes. Like my first tattoo is going to commerate my son I had to give up for adoption and everything. it's gonna have a sword and a cross and a heart I think sword is for a mother's protection and also the word of God, the cross is kinda self explanatory, the heart is for love

Wind

Postby xblack_x_rosesx » Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:48 pm

Noblewreck (post: 1302839) wrote:[color="Lime"]You body is God art, Tattoos are people art.[/color]

... I'd say most things are "people art", but that doesn't make them wrong. We make "God art" peoplized (yeah, I'm making words up.) all the time, but it only helps glorify them. I think tattoo's are a fabulous way of making the human form a more admirable work of art- making each person even more unique. I can appriciete that concept.

Pyro_artist (post: 1302831) wrote:but remember, its not worth getting one if it draws you away from God.

I don't know... I think body art that glorifies God is fabulous, but there are other reasons to get tattoo's. I mean, I have a lot of images I'm considering getting centered around classic art, from masters. Like Salvador Dali, and Frida Kahlo, and... things I'm genuinely passionate about. It's not drawing me away from the Lord, and the images I'm getting aren't "evil". It's just people should have good reasons for getting what they're getting.

And I keep seeing this mentioned, how "tattoo's will look gross when you're all old and wrinkly" , and I think Savvy said it fabulously. The bottom line is, when you're old and wrinkly, you're gonna look gross anyway =P So why not have fun with it when you can. I know my Grandpa has a tattoo, a pretty large one on his arm, and it just makes him appear to be a more interesting person. Its all:
"dude! You're an old man and you have a tattoo!"
and he's all
"...why yes, I do. I got it in my youth and it has an interesting story behind it. Wanna hear?"
where as my other grandpa is all
"dude... you're all pale and bony."
and he's all
"yes, I am. Lets talk about farming."
=]
Mhaha. Babbled.

[DA hooray.]
xblack_x_rosesx

Previous

Return to General