Glass Fleet

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Glass Fleet

Postby USSRGirl » Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:16 pm

Has anyone out there seen the anime Glass Fleet? Temulin is in search of information. Sounds good, but last time I went anime/manga shopping on a whim it ended in me going "HOLYCRAPTHATWASTHEGROSSESTTHINGEVER!! AGGGH! MY EYES!"
XD

I'd really appreciate it if someone could give me a quick content review of the series - pervy stuff/heavy profanity/violence level basically.
USSRGirl

Postby Jingo Jaden » Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:10 pm

I saw a bit of it some time ago. Not really my thing, alot of cloning in some of the spaceship scenes. Plot I can't say too much on, artwork is decent, like some of the design, generally dislike the spaceship scenes.

Could be something if it had a nice plot though.
Of two evils, choose neither - Charles Spurgeon.

Jingo Jaden

Postby MasterDias » Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:25 pm

Can't give any opinions on content or quality, but Funimation has uploaded the entire series onto their site if you wanted to watch it or at least check out a few episodes that way.
-----------------------------------------
"Always seek to do good to one another and to all."
1 Thessalonians 5:15

"Every story must have an ending." - Auron - Final Fantasy X

"A small stone may make a ripple at first, but someday it will be a wave." - Wiegraf - Final Fantasy Tactics
MasterDias

Postby Midori » Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:39 am

If I recall, it's one of those interesting shows where the overarching plot is serious, but each individual moment is difficult to take seriously.
Midori

Postby Benn » Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:14 pm

i have the first dvd. there's way too much yaoi undertones for me to like it. other than that it's a decent storyline.
Benn

Postby Fish and Chips » Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:27 pm

Glass Fleet has the greatest Hat-to-Mustache combo of any anime I have ever seen in only the first episode.

Sadly, there's not much else to recommend it by.
Fish and Chips

Postby USSRGirl » Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:54 pm

Ugh... yaoi? Eh... I think I'll pass. Been searching around and the plot doesn't sound near so good to make it worth it. Seems like I always get duped by pretty trailers. o.O
USSRGirl

Postby Song_of_Storms » Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:59 pm

[SIZE="1"]Aww, Poor USSRGirl. X3

It's a bummer, because I was interested in it as well. I may just suffer through the yaoi innuendo and give it a try, though. [/SIZE]
ImageImage ImageImageImage
Song_of_Storms

Postby Benn » Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:02 pm

Song_of_Storms (post: 1301985) wrote:[SIZE="1"]Aww, Poor USSRGirl. X3

It's a bummer, because I was interested in it as well. I may just suffer through the yaoi innuendo and give it a try, though. [/SIZE]

if you want to give it a try rightstuf.com has the glass fleet dvds on sale for $5 each. that way if you don't like the series it won't be too much of a loss. otherwise there's always netflix.
Benn

Postby Midori » Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:06 pm

[SIZE="3"]Never mind, I must have divided by zero.[/SIZE]
Midori

Postby Song_of_Storms » Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:53 pm

[SIZE="1"]Yeah. I'd rather buy anime. There's just something to love about the new anime feel. 8D

...I'm rather curious as to know what series made you sick, USSR. O.O [I don't want to end up buying it by accident... >.>][/SIZE]
ImageImage ImageImageImage
Song_of_Storms

Postby USSRGirl » Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:59 pm

Oh, it was actually the first volume (I think...) of the Cowboy Bebop manga. XD Yeah, yeah... I know there's a lot of fans on here and it wasn't by far the worst I've seen of anime, but it caught me on a really off day. There's a scene where they're searching the main character and... uggggh... X.x I was mortified and grossed out but sat there reading on until "Marilyn's" appearance... then I was even more "O____O"... I think I actually ended up finishing it but it still ruined my day. XD

/end Temulin's epic story of toilet humor trauma.
USSRGirl

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews