What Movies are you Watching?

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby ich1990 » Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:50 pm

Spiderman 2

I forgot how annoying Mary Jane was in these movies.
Where an Eidolon, named night, on a black throne reigns upright.
ich1990

Postby KagayakiWashi » Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:28 pm

I saw "16 Blocks" tonight. I thought it was a good film, but Bruce Willis needs to stay away from growing a mustache.
"To be a good listener, you must acquire a musical culture...you must be familiar with the history and development of music, you must listen...to receive music you have to open your ears and wait for the music, you must believe that it is something you need ...to listen is an effort, and just to hear has no merit. A duck hears also." - Igor Stravinsky
Are you hurting? Struggling with something? Need an ear? Check out The Hopeline! https://www.thehopeline.com/CSDefault.aspx
The Blog! http://kagayakiwashi.livejournal.com/
KagayakiWashi

Location: Constantly chasing the dragonfly of love....or something like that

Postby Cognitive Gear » Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:50 pm

Citizen Kane- This movie is quite incredible, and I can see why it is AFI's #1. Simply stunning in it's visual communication.

2001: A Space Odyssey- I cannot stop thinking about this film's allegorical meanings. Amazing film, although you should be warned that it requires a mental investment on the part of the viewer. It really makes me wish that thinking movies made more money these days.
Cognitive Gear

Postby FukuokaGirl » Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:06 pm

Just got done watching The Royal Tenenbaums.
I love that movie!
"They do exist, the places you can live renewed." -Nobuta wo Produce
[align=left]ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

[align=center]思い出せば遙か遙か 未来はどこまでも輝いてた きれいな青空の下で 僕らは少しだけ怯えていた

[/align]
[/align]
[size=75]

[/SIZE]
FukuokaGirl

Postby GhostontheNet » Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:07 pm

Tonight in The Horror Movie we watched Susperia.
GhostontheNet

Postby Kurama » Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:21 pm

Daredevil >_>
Kurama

Postby Htom Sirveaux » Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:14 pm

After just finishing the book Fight Club the other day, I watched the movie last night for the first time in several years. It's pretty accurately done. The ending's different though.
If this post seems too utterly absurd or ridiculous to be taken seriously, don't. :)
Htom Sirveaux

Postby GhostontheNet » Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:29 pm

Today in Development of Film Expression we watched The Bicycle Thief. I must say, Italian Neo-Realism poses some interesting questions about the art of movie making.
GhostontheNet

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:10 am

Guh...what movies have I watched in the past three weeks...? :eh:

Um, I saw Aliens. It was really good; I was impressed. Still scary, though perhaps not quite as scary as the first one. I was glad to have watched it.

Mockingbird Don't Sing. A very sad movie based on a true story about a girl who was abused by her parents (mostly her father). She was tied to a potty chair for the first thirteen years of her life, and never spoken to, so when she finally got out of that house, she had no idea how to talk or act like a human at all. Various people helped her and her condition improved greatly, but she was never able to talk normally. It's a truly heartbreaking movie, especially because the first thing you see in the movie is a line saying that it's a true story.

The Dark Knight. Pretty sweet movie :cool: Christian Bale and Morgan Freeman are awesome actors as usual, and there were some really nifty action scenes in there. I'd heard a lot about the Joker, obviously, and I'd seen the trailers that had his famous lines, "Why so serious?" and "Let's put a smile on that face!" But when he actually said it in context...*shudder* The Joker is just about the freakiest villain I've ever seen, I think, because he's so cruel but acts as though everything's completely normal. My only complaint with this movie is that they seemed to be trying to pack a little too much into it. There was so much content that everything had to move rather fast, so there wasn't really enough time to get a grasp on what was going on in time to have a reaction. In my experience, anyway.

And just last night I watched I Am Legend for the second time. Ah, I love that movie. I don't care how many people diss it; I think it's very good. Though as I was thinking about it later, I realized that if they'd cast anyone other than Will Smith as the lead character, it would probably have been a rather lame movie. Will Smith just has a brilliance about him that makes the whole movie shine. [spoiler]Last time I watched it, the scene that made me cry was the one where the dog dies, but this time it was actually the scene directly following that, where he goes into the video store and talks to the mannequin. He says, "I promised my friend I'd say hello to you today.... Hello." And then he says in such a broken voice, "Please say hello to me." :sniffle: [/spoiler]
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby minakichan » Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:41 pm

Slumdog Millionaire.

Made me laugh, made me cry, made me want to draw Jamal x Latika adorable fuzzy shippy fanart.

Which means it surely can't have been as good a movie as everyone insists.

But seriously, it was nice, even if it was kind of unfittingly cheesy in some places. And yey Bollywoodesque dance number!! (And Dev Patel in an undershirt and loose dress shirt.)
ImageImage
minakichan

Postby ich1990 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:20 pm

Firefly and Serenity

Finished the series, watched the movie. The series was mostly funny and sometimes serious. The movie was mostly serious and sometimes funny. I usually like dark and serious stories over their lighthearted counterparts but this time it was the opposite. The movie had some pretty awesome fight scenes in it though.
ich1990

Postby christianfriend » Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:23 pm

For the past couple days I've been watching Hayaoh Miyazaki movies! ^-^/
I've watched--

Spirited Away
Kiki's delivery Service
Porco Rosso
Whisper of the Heart
The Cat Returns
Me Neighbor Totoro
Nausicaa Of The Valley Of The Wind
And Tales From Earthsea (Which is actually a film by Miyazaki's Son Goro)

In the next couple of days here I'll probably watch Pom Poko, Princess Mononoke, Castle In The Sky, Howl's Moving Castle, and I also want to find the movie On Your Mark..although that may be tough.
And if you're wondering how I find the time to watch all these...I'm an insomniac XD I've got a lot of time during the night.
[font="Lucida Console"][align=center]“The [color="Magenta"]best[/color] kind of [color="Magenta"]friend[/color] is the kind you can sit on a porch and swing with, never say a word, and then walk away feeling like it was the best conversation you've ever had.â€
christianfriend

Postby GhostontheNet » Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:24 am

Tonight I watched Pan's Labyrinth.
GhostontheNet

Postby shade of dae » Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:53 pm

Just watched Die Hard. Great movie (edited of course). I'm curious about the other Die Hard movies, but without Alan Rickman, I don't think they'd be as good.
MAL

What call have I to dream of anything?
I am a wolf. Back to the world again,
And speech of fellow-brutes that once were men
Our throats can bark for slaughter: cannot sing.
-C.S. Lewis
shade of dae

Postby GhostontheNet » Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:41 pm

Today I watched Coraline again at a cinema and grill. It was sweet, I got to have buffalo wings and stop motion animation all at the same time!
GhostontheNet

Postby Scarecrow » Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:32 pm

shade of dae (post: 1301789) wrote:Just watched Die Hard. Great movie (edited of course). I'm curious about the other Die Hard movies, but without Alan Rickman, I don't think they'd be as good.

They are not as good no. Actually I thought Die Hard 2 was kind of stupid. Die Hard 3 I really liked.... I think that's mostly cause of their rendition of "The Ants Go Marching One By One" near the end... it's awesome :P

I never bothered with the last Die Hard. But ya, the first is by far the best.

Oh and I watched Speed Racer again... still an awesome movie. I'm hoping someone decides to make a movie similar in that colorful cartoon meets live action sort of way but I'm not holding my breath....
"Take me down, shake me out. Give me a brain, that I might know You better"
Scarecrow

Postby GhostontheNet » Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:25 am

Today and tonight I watched Sleepy Hollow and Mars Attacks!.
GhostontheNet

Postby GhostontheNet » Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:29 pm

I just finished watching Charlotte's Web.
GhostontheNet

Postby GundamFan » Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:34 pm

I just finished watching Underworld: Evolution.
GundamFan

Postby GhostontheNet » Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:53 am

Last night I watched Ghost In The Shell 2: Innocence and The Devil-Doll.
GhostontheNet

Postby Htom Sirveaux » Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:17 pm

Watched a Gamera movie today, Destroy All Planets. It was OK, but a good-size chunk of it was just flashbacks of fights from two previous movies (good fights, but why watch those movies now if you've already seen the best part?). And the title is misleading. The aliens' one and only target was Earth, and they didn't want to destroy it but seize control and populate it with their own kind.
If this post seems too utterly absurd or ridiculous to be taken seriously, don't. :)
Htom Sirveaux

Postby GhostontheNet » Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:45 pm

I just finished watching Big Fish and Mirrormask.
GhostontheNet

Postby ich1990 » Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:02 pm

2001: A Space Odyssey

This is quite possibly the most boring and unintelligible thing that I have ever watched. It makes Serial Experiments Lain seem direct and normal by comparison. I watched most of it on 4x speed and it still was way too long. How in the world did this movie ever win awards? I mean, you can overthink it and philosophize about it and try to make something from that mess, but why would you want too?
ich1990

Postby ShiroiHikari » Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:45 pm

GhostontheNet (post: 1300198) wrote:Tonight in The Horror Movie we watched Susperia.

Speaking of horror films, I just finished watching The Exorcist for the first time about ten minutes ago. Brrrrrr.

I'm curious about Suspiria; what were your thoughts on it?
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby ich1990 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:19 pm

Tomb Raider

Absolutely terrible, even by modern action movie standards. Possibly most disturbing was the total disregard for the laws of physics.
ich1990

Postby GhostontheNet » Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:09 am

Tonight I watched Ed Wood. Great movie, although as an eccentric creative myself, I'm quite terrified on a very personal level.

[quote="ShiroiHikari (post: 1302911)"]I'm curious about Suspiria] Overall I really liked Suspiria. It's sort of like The Brothers Grimm meets gritty pulp comic book, and is not really meant to be taken as realistic in nature. The violence in various murder scenes is pretty over-the-top, but the movie actually mostly relies upon unseen terror and suspense. The sets and imagery are very powerful, and the plot both develops and plays around with themes drawn from Hansel and Gretel and Little Red-Cap (better known as Little Red Riding Hood). And while the teacher was quick to assume that nobody was scared of the film anymore, once I got home safely the final scene just screwed with my head on a deeply psychological level, and I spent a couple of hours in sheer insanity. So yeah, it was a great movie. Just make sure to find a more recent print of the film, the version we saw was older and regrettably drawn from a print that was worn and faded, and this was a terrible pity because it muted all of the brilliant colors.
GhostontheNet

Postby Htom Sirveaux » Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:38 pm

Just finished watcing Immortal, otherwise known as Immortel (ad vitam). Great sci-fi along the lines of Blade Runner or The Fifth Element (neither of which I liked actually, but Immortal is pretty good).
Htom Sirveaux

Postby ChristianKitsune » Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:40 pm

Slumdog Millionaire

LOVE IT! Love the music, amazing story telling XD
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:04 pm

Alien - Director's Cut.

Some of the additions/substitutions were very good but I feel they showed too much of the actual alien in this version and therefore it came across less real and less scary (at times).
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby ich1990 » Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:40 pm

Fool's Gold

Yet another bad movie. Not especially bad, but definitely not good. The best part was watching that one blond guy get beat to a pulp numerous times. Gave our movie filter a good workout too.
ich1990

Previous Next

Return to General Entertainment