Tomorrow, tomorrow...

Talk about anything in here.

Tomorrow, tomorrow...

Postby Shilohan ninja » Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:15 pm

April Fool's Day's tomorrow!

In case you haven't heard about this yet, there's a April Fool's Day worm that's supposed to hit computers everywhere tomorrow. I think it's on MSN or Yahoo!, so today would be a great time to run a virus scan and make sure to get rid of anything the scan finds. I thought you all should know.

Until we text again,

-SN-
Finish Strong - 2Tim. 4:7,8
"[color="SeaGreen"]Speak up for those who never get a chance to choose life rather than those who have rights and use them improperly."[/color] - A good friend of mine
[color="Purple"]Normal is a setting on a washing machine[/color]. -A youth pastor of mine
[SIZE="5"]JESUS IS LORD![/SIZE] End of descussion.
[color="Red"]Farewell to false pretention
Farewell to hollow words
Farewell to fake affection
Farewell tomorrow burns[/color] - Demon HunterMy Blog
Shilohan ninja

Postby Roy Mustang » Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:28 pm

Its the Conficker computer worm.

If you have always updated your security updates from Microsoft and your antivirus updates, then you are fine.

Also, if you want to check and see if you have it,

open IE and go to Microsoft web site and if you get page not found a few times, then you have it. The reason to check this is, the worm will block you from the Microsoft web site, so that you can't update the latest security updates.

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Red"]Col. Roy Mustang
[/color]
[/font]
Roy Mustang

Postby ShiroiHikari » Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:33 pm

Time for me to run Windows Update, I guess.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Shilohan ninja » Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:49 pm

Here's the link to the Yahoo! blog on how to protect yourself. Please read and protect yourself accordingly. Like Roy said, if you've kept your security software up to date thus far, you should be fine; for those of you who haven't, now is the time to 'Git 'r' done!', as the Cable Guy would say.

-SN-
Finish Strong - 2Tim. 4:7,8
"[color="SeaGreen"]Speak up for those who never get a chance to choose life rather than those who have rights and use them improperly."[/color] - A good friend of mine
[color="Purple"]Normal is a setting on a washing machine[/color]. -A youth pastor of mine
[SIZE="5"]JESUS IS LORD![/SIZE] End of descussion.
[color="Red"]Farewell to false pretention
Farewell to hollow words
Farewell to fake affection
Farewell tomorrow burns[/color] - Demon HunterMy Blog
Shilohan ninja

Postby AJV » Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:28 pm

Thanks for the warning,Shilohan ninja.
I Updated my Anti-Virus (AVG Free 8.5) and I am updating Microsoft Update now.
God Help Us All.
Amen!

Edit:
Something is wrong with Microsoft Update.
It Said
"Some Updates Could Not Be Installed
The following updates were not installed:
Microsoft> NET Framework 3.5 Servicepack 1 and NET Framework 3.5 Family Update (KB951847) x86

Edit again:
I turned my computer off and is said it would update it.
turned it back on and it said install updates and then restart.
Now I'm here.

I gotta go to bed.
I leave it in God's hands.

Good Night.
[url=ajvsblog.blogspot.com]Image[/url]ImageImage
AJV

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:33 pm

Unplug the router for the day?
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Hana Ryuuzaki » Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:43 pm

[font="palatino Linotype"]Nah, that won't work, Shao.
If the malware is already on your system, it'll just start up when you restart your computer.
Although, if you have a Mac, you're immune. T.T

And changing the date won't work, either.
*sigh* All these stupid complications...[/font]
[SIGPIC]http://christiananime.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=9906&dateline=1214542817[/SIGPIC]
[SIZE="1"][color="Plum"]WHY GOD MADE J-ROCK: Kamijo[/color][/SIZE]
[color="LightBlue"][SIZE="3"][font="Century Gothic"]Crucify My Love, If My Love Is Blind...[/SIZE][/color][/font]
Hana Ryuuzaki

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:55 pm

Wait a minute, I might already have this thing? Virus/malware/spyware/etc makers need to roll over and die...
Shao Feng-Li

Postby ChristianKitsune » Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:57 pm

Shao Feng-Li (post: 1302504) wrote:Wait a minute, I might already have this thing? Virus/malware/spyware/etc makers need to roll over and die...

If what Roy Mustang says is true, it's a good way to see if you have it...us IE and go the Microsoft.com to check...

Microsoft.com showed up for me! 8D

but yes, This thing could have been on your computer for a while, and you wouldn't have known it.
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby Roy Mustang » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:16 pm

That was want our local news said about how to see if you had it or not.

But there is another way to see if you have it or not.

Microsoft has a scanning tool that will check to see if your computer system has the virus:

* For Windows XP-based systems,click here.
* For Windows Vista-based systems, Click here.

11 alive news wrote:How does the Conficker.c work?

Conficker.c imbeds itself deep in the computer where it is difficult to track. The program, for instance, stops Windows from conducting automatic updates that could prevent it from causing damage.

The program's code is also written to evolve over time and its author appears to be making updates to thwart attempts to neuter the worm.

11 alive news wrote:How can I tell if my computer's infected?

One quick way to see if your computer has been infected is to see if you have gotten automatic updates from Windows in March. If so, your computer likely is fine, DeBolt said.

Microsoft released a statement saying the company "is actively working with the industry to mitigate the spread of the worm."

Users who haven't gotten the latest Windows updates should go to http://safety.live.com if they fear they're infected, the company's statement says.

People who use other antivirus software should check to make sure they've received the latest updates, which also could have been disabled by Conficker.c.

11 alive news wrote:How did the worm evolve?

The first version of Conficker -- strain A -- was released in late 2008. That version used 250 Web addresses -- generated daily by the system -- as the means of communication between the master computer and its zombies.

The end goal of the first line was to sell computer users fake antivirus software, said Morganelli.

Computer security experts largely patched that problem by working with the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers to disable or buy the problematic URLs, he said.

A second variant, Conficker.b, was released in January and infected millions more machines.

The Conficker, strain C, will generate 50,000 URLs per day instead of just 250 when it becomes active, DeBolt said.

11 alive news wrote:What is being done to fight Conficker?

Members are searching for the malicious software program's author and for ways to do damage control if he or she can't be stopped.

They're motivated in part by a $250,000 bounty from Microsoft.

Gets out the shootgun. Its virus hunting time!

[color="Red"]Col. Roy Mustang[/color]
Roy Mustang

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:23 pm

So, Microsoft's website come up for me in IE... I hate using IE, makes me install crap...

See if this works...

I actually don't know when I last got updated. It just does it all for me... Man this stuff makes be paranoid.

EDIT: I think I'm all right. Everything's been updating regularly and such.
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Roy Mustang » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:43 pm

Shao Feng-Li wrote:I actually don't know when I last got updated. It just does it all for me... Man this stuff makes be paranoid.

EDIT: I think I'm all right. Everything's been updating regularly and such.

If you want to see your Microsoft update history.

Go here,

Microsoft update

Give it a minute and then click on Review your Update History and get it a minute and it will tell you what and when things were updated.

Also, you may have to try the link with IE as I tried it with firefox and it didn't work for me.

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Red"]Col. Roy Mustang[/color][/font]
Roy Mustang

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:04 pm

Right, ms.com doesn't like Firefox. I found the update history and it's been doing its thing all normal this month.
Shao Feng-Li

Postby MasterDias » Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:06 pm

So, it's past 1 AM where I am. Have they determined what this does yet?
-----------------------------------------
"Always seek to do good to one another and to all."
1 Thessalonians 5:15

"Every story must have an ending." - Auron - Final Fantasy X

"A small stone may make a ripple at first, but someday it will be a wave." - Wiegraf - Final Fantasy Tactics
MasterDias

Postby Roy Mustang » Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:09 pm

MasterDias wrote:So, it's past 1 AM where I am. Have they determined what this does yet?

So far, they don't. Heck, they don't even know if they know anything until a few days from now.

But I can say, there hasn't been any rise of the machines, so far! XD

[font="Book Antiqua"]
[color="Red"]Col. Roy Mustang[/color][/font]
Roy Mustang

Postby Azier the Swordsman » Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:11 am

Roy Mustang (post: 1302519) wrote:But I can say, there hasn't been any rise of the machines, so far! XD

[font="Book Antiqua"]
[color="Red"]Col. Roy Mustang[/color][/font]

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HACKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HACKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HACKED!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HACKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HACKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HACKED!!!!!!!!!!

[SIZE="7"][color="Red"]PREPARE FOR TERMINATION, MORTALS[/color][/SIZE]

Azier the Swordsman

Return to General