Greatest fears.

Talk about anything in here.

Postby ChristianKitsune » Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:38 pm

Radical Dreamer (post: 1301654) wrote:Moved to General, as per request.

AH. I AM THE EXACT SAME WAY. XDD It's so ridiculous, isn't it? XD

YES! IT IS!

Because I KNOW there's NOTHING wrong...but I can't help but freak out some times >_< I have to talk myself out of it... XD

Oh yeah Spiders and biting bugs...yah SCARY THINGS
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby bakura_fan » Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:12 am

my improbable fear most likely came from being alone on a swingset during one of the big earthquakes in CA. I have a panic attack if I see a fan chain moving, or any other thing. I can no longer be around swings. When we moved from CA, a fear of moving water made me have a panic attack (waves, ripples, stirring a coffee drink, etc.) I think the term is kinetophobia. I really need to get rid of this. It's affecting my life in such a negative way. I've prayed and prayed for a solution and have yet to find one. *shudders* just thinking about this topic makes me freak...
:angel:

[color=DeepSkyBlue] "He lives in you. He lives in me. [/color]He watches over everything we see.
Into the water. Into the truth. [color=Yellow][color=DeepSkyBlue]In your reflection, He lives in you." - He lives in you chorus[/color][/color]
"Slow, love, slow. Time's so fast. Now goes quickly, see Now it's past!
Soon will come, Soon will last. Wait." [color=Yellow]- Wait (sweeney todd) [/color]

[align=center]My art page.

[align=center]Married to swordguy
:hug:

[/align]
[/align]
bakura_fan

Postby MangArtist » Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:40 am

I'm afriad my hands will get smashed or something making me unable to draw. ):
"Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the Lord your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you." (Deuteronomy 30:6)

Muh DA page.
MangArtist

Postby Kkun » Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:42 am

From The Office:
Dwight: What is Michael Scott's greatest fear?
Ryan: Loneliness... maybe women.
Dwight: Wrong. Michael Scott isn't afraid of anything. [pause] Also, I would have accepted 'snakes.'

That pretty much sums it up for me right there. I'm not afraid of anything, but snakes are also acceptable.
I'm a shoe-in for hater of the year.
Kkun

Postby Nate » Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:50 am

I'm gonna be completely honest here, I'm afraid of death. However, that pales in comparison to my greatest fear.

Eternity.

The concept of eternity is just beyond frightening to me. Whenever I try to think about something not having an end, I just freak out. It's probably half the reason for my fear of death, and being in Heaven for eternity to me doesn't make it any less frightening. I'm starting to freak out just writing this post, just because I have to hink about it.

I mean sure, being in Hell for eternity would be awful, no doubt, but it's almost like, to me, thinking about being in Heaven for eternity sounds equally as scary. I know it won't be when I get there, but right now...gah. I really AM starting to freak out thinking about it. ><;;

Anyway yeah, eternity. Scary. I also don't like heights.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby ChristianKitsune » Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:54 am

[quote="Nate (post: 1301889)"]I'm gonna be completely honest here, I'm afraid of death. However, that pales in comparison to my greatest fear.

Eternity.

The concept of eternity is just beyond frightening to me. Whenever I try to think about something not having an end, I just freak out. It's probably half the reason for my fear of death, and being in Heaven for eternity to me doesn't make it any less frightening. I'm starting to freak out just writing this post, just because I have to hink about it.

I mean sure, being in Hell for eternity would be awful, no doubt, but it's almost like, to me, thinking about being in Heaven for eternity sounds equally as scary. I know it won't be when I get there, but right now...gah. I really AM starting to freak out thinking about it. ><]

Oh you aren't the only one!

Its freaky to think about ETERNITY. I remember when I was a junior in high school, I was sitting in class, reading my library book, and my mind wandered. And I began to think about it... and I nearly passed out because I freaked myself out so much about it XDDD

Its wierd because as humans, we know there's an end for this life...nothing lasts forever here...So when we think about forever, regardless about where it is; its a bit overwhelming.
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby Kung_Fu_Master » Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:54 pm

I don't fear death, now dying is another subject all together. I think you all know what I mean. That and anything poisonous and talking to a large group of people.
World Domination or Bust :thumb:
Kung_Fu_Master

Location: In the Animation department at school with hours of homework.

Postby Nate » Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:36 am

[quote="ChristianKitsune"]Its wierd because as humans, we know there's an end for this life...nothing lasts forever here...So when we think about forever, regardless about where it is]
For me it's like no matter what the situation after death, it's all frightening to me.

Living forever scares me.

Dying forever scares me.

Ceasing to exist scares me.

It's like there's no possible situation after life that sits comfortably with me. Although living forever in this current life scares me too. THERE IS NO WINNING SITUATION.

Nate

Postby Dante » Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:00 am

I have a fear of volcanoes o_o Although, I've never encountered any irl and wish not to >_< I even have dreams about them.. So freaky >__>;

I LIVE IN THE SHADOW OF A GIANT VOLCANO! YAY!!! The peak isn't really a peak... the mountain used to be about 1/4 taller... the peak is really just a chunk that wasn't blown off... its a big beautiful crater! But it looks pretty and hasn't gone boom in a really long time.

I fear... turning 23... but its just happened so... oh well... shame, I could have done so much more with 22.

I don't fear death, like it in some respects. Rather. I fear life. Life is to be feared more then death, life implies pain and the process of suffering in order to die. Life implies a lot of negative things... and if you don't make something out of it (which is harder with each passing year), its a terrible thing if you think about it. Once you have a tube jammed down your nose and scream begging another to take your life... it takes on a more sinister shade.

When it all comes down to it. This body is too fragile when you don't want it to be... and too darn stubborn when you wish it would quit.

Seeing as I'm stuck with it though, I guess I'll do my best and just face my fears.
FKA Pascal
Dante

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:46 am

[quote="Nate (post: 1301889)"]I'm gonna be completely honest here, I'm afraid of death. However, that pales in comparison to my greatest fear.

Eternity.

I mean sure, being in Hell for eternity would be awful, no doubt, but it's almost like, to me, thinking about being in Heaven for eternity sounds equally as scary. I know it won't be when I get there, but right now...gah. I really AM starting to freak out thinking about it. ><]
Hopefully this means you got the "fear in God" part down! =p
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby soul alive » Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:18 am

Oh wow, I have phobias of very bizarre things...

-natural bodies of water that I can't see the bottom of from murkiness (grungy lakes, etc)

-spiderwebs. Not spiders (beyond the initial squeal of surprise) but the sticky web that just won't come off your face when you walk into it

-outhouses. Yup, you read that right. I think it has something to do with an entire, smelly, black pit that things could be hiding in, waiting to attack. :D (feel totally free to lol at me for this one, I find it completely hilarious)

I'm also afraid of discernible heights, ones I know exactly how far it is I'm going to fall from. Planes and skyscrapers don't bother me.

And I agree with MangArtist, I'm terrified of having my hands crushed/maimed.
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A Cruce Salus, a webmanga. --- Status: Undergoing rewrites, currently offline

soul-alive.deviantart.com

"People say I'm strange, does it make me a stranger / That my best friend was born in a manger?" 'Jesus Freak' - dc Talk
soul alive

Postby Nate » Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:20 am

soul alive wrote:-outhouses. Yup, you read that right. I think it has something to do with an entire, smelly, black pit that things could be hiding in, waiting to attack. :D (feel totally free to lol at me for this one, I find it completely hilarious)

I heard about a guy who got attacked by a raccoon who happened to be in the "hole" of the outhouse he was in, so I wouldn't say this is a silly fear. :p

Nate

Postby ShiroiHikari » Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:21 am

Sounds like a perfectly legitimate fear to me. o_o
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Cognitive Gear » Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:34 am

I fear losing any of my 5 senses. The thought of living without any one of them is absolutely frightening to me.
Cognitive Gear

Postby Ratrace » Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:58 am

I don't fear death, now dying is another subject all together. I think you all know what I mean. That and anything poisonous and talking to a large group of people.

Dieing is fundamentally unpleasant. Most people are lucky enough to only go through it once. Poisonous animals, on the other hand, I quite like as long as they didn't sneak up on me. That might be because no one in my country has died due to native poisonous animals in my lifetime. Are there many poisonous animals where you are, if you don't mind me asking?

I fear... turning 23... but its just happened so... oh well... shame, I could have done so much more with 22.

The extremely short list of things I've managed with 21 so far might make you feel better about that. Do you have a goal you want to achieve in life? That can help a lot. Also, I hope you had an otherwise happy birthday.

When it all comes down to it. This body is too fragile when you don't want it to be... and too darn stubborn when you wish it would quit.

Agreed.
A closed mouth gathers no feet.
Ratrace

Postby Kung_Fu_Master » Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:29 pm

That might be because no one in my country has died due to native poisonous animals in my lifetime. Are there many poisonous animals where you are, if you don't mind me asking?

Yes, alot. Personally I am traumatized by snakes. Too many near death moments as a kid.

And I just discovered the scaryest thing known to man (though many of you guys already knew this) ChickFlicks. No Seriously, not trying to be funny at all. LOL if you must.
World Domination or Bust :thumb:
Kung_Fu_Master

Location: In the Animation department at school with hours of homework.

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:47 pm

I fear my future not being how I want it.
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby ~darkelfgirl~ » Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:08 pm

Ratrace (post: 1301535) wrote:Are you claustrophobic? That can get quite bad.

Well...never really dwelt on the thought. I guess I am. I really can't take small spaces. (Lol, have a bit of a fear of getting stuck in an elevator. It's the heat and the running out of air part I think about, though I don't think you can run out of air if you are stuck in an elevator for a while....)
[color=purple][font=Tahoma][color=royalblue]"But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint."--[/color]Isaiah 40:31
[/font]
[/color]
~darkelfgirl~

Previous

Return to General