What will name your kids

Talk about anything in here.

Postby Raiden no Kishi » Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:46 pm

Shao Feng-Li (post: 1284780) wrote:Why the hate for Jr.s, IIs, IIIs, and so on? My brother is a III- I think it's kinda cool...

No hate here. I just would have preferred to have been given my own name, considering I am a distinct person. I'm not my father - he's my very best friend and someone I admire and look up to more than just about everyone, but I'm not him - and we both like it that way.

.rai//
[raiden's liveJournal]

[color="Indigo"]"I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you . . . stranger."[/color]

Strollin' in at dawn, wakin' up at noon's gonna catch up to me soon
'Just sleep when you're dead' is what I said 'cause I'm jumpin' off the moon
Raiden no Kishi

Location: Ticking away/The hours that make up the dull day . . .

Postby Etoh*the*Greato » Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:27 pm

One name we've spoken about, my fiancee and I, has been Amelia for a girl. Mia for short.
"I do not feel obliged to believe that that same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo Galilei
ImageImageImageImage
Etoh*the*Greato

Postby Kkun » Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:29 am

Boy: Ol' Dirty, Tupac, or Ghostface Killah.

Girl: I don't really care.
I'm a shoe-in for hater of the year.
Kkun

Postby ShiroiHikari » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:25 am

I've changed my mind.

I want to name my first son Killface.

By the way, the name "Akira" actually means "bright" or "clear".
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Shilohan ninja » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:00 am

I knew I shouldn't have trusted that baby name site!

Oh well.

I want to name my first daughter something along the lines of "Velocity" or "Trinity".

Sakura sounds pretty cool, though it seems so over-used in anime.

I have quite a list of favs. Might hafta post it later.
Shilohan ninja

Postby chibiphonebooth » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:27 am

i want to name my kid naruto johnson.
ImageImageImage

[font="Impact"][SIZE="3"][color="SeaGreen"]"Savannah's signature: ruining serious since 2008"[/color][/SIZE][/font]

[font="Georgia"][color="Orange"][url=yourtoesaremissing.deviantart.com]Visit my DA X3[/url][/color][/font]
chibiphonebooth

Postby Raiden no Kishi » Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:02 pm

Shilohan ninja (post: 1286042) wrote:I knew I shouldn't have trusted that baby name site!

Oh well.

I want to name my first daughter something along the lines of "Velocity" or "Trinity".

A close friend of mine's little sister (I think she's 2-3 now) is named Trinity Rose. We usually call her Rose or Rosie. She's friggin' adorable. The name has a nice flow to it. Velocity might be pushing it, though - sounds entirely too much like an obscure X-men character to me.

.rai//
[raiden's liveJournal]

[color="Indigo"]"I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you . . . stranger."[/color]

Strollin' in at dawn, wakin' up at noon's gonna catch up to me soon
'Just sleep when you're dead' is what I said 'cause I'm jumpin' off the moon
Raiden no Kishi

Location: Ticking away/The hours that make up the dull day . . .

Postby F.M Disciple » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:06 pm

umm if i have a boy i'll name him "F.M Disciple jr". and if i have a girl i'll name her .... " Rainedrawpes" (pronounced raindrops) Just Kidding. I have thought about names for my future children lately.
"Its very possible that I could give everything and obtain nothing, But still I have to try."
-Edward Elric.

"If to be feelingly alive to the sufferings of my fellow-creatures is to be a fanatic, I am one of the most incurable fanatics ever permitted to be at large."
-William Wilberforce.
F.M Disciple

Postby Etoh*the*Greato » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:21 pm

I was thinking Axeman BMX Jacknife.

Maybe Preston for a boy.
"I do not feel obliged to believe that that same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo Galilei
ImageImageImageImage
Etoh*the*Greato

Postby Kurama » Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:29 am

I'm Choosing between Wade or Logan. For a boy at Least. not sure for a girl. xD
Kurama

Postby fanofchrist16 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:21 pm

what a fun game. i want to get married and have 6 kids. (3 sets of twins, each set 2 yrs. apart)

First Set:
Skylar - it's unique (not sure about middle)
Nehemiah - one of my fav. servants of God in the Bible (not sure about middle)

Second Set:
Nadia - it's got a nice ring to it (not sure about middle)
Tyler - i LUV this name, don't know why (not sure about middle)

Third Set:
Trisha - it means 'strong' (not sure about middle)
Kyle - my 4th gr. crush's name (not sure about middle)
[SIZE="3"][color="DarkOrchid"]~*Jesus is Lord and Savior of My Life, Who is He to you?*~[/color][/SIZE]

[color="RoyalBlue"]Luv Johnny Yong Bosch? Click Here[/color]

[color="White"]Luv Vic Migngona? Click Here[/color]

[color="Magenta"]Luv Tokyo Mew Mew? Click Here[/color]

[font="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="3"][color="Red"]New Friends: MangArtist, Roy Mustang[/color][/SIZE][/font]
fanofchrist16

Postby CephasWhite » Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:16 pm

If I had a son:

Adam

Reason: Because Adam means Man and Red Earth and I rarely hear a child named this.

If my baby was a girl:

Megan

Reason: Lovely name. It's the meaning for the precious stone, Pearl.
Two Steps From Hell - Tristan <--(click)
†††††††††††††
We have been here long enough to know
That we are all brothers and sisters in Christ,
So if you are in need of help,
We shall give you His advice.

May God add his blessings upon you,
That you will live this day and forever,
And when He comes to the earth again,
We will all go together...

Into Heaven for Eternity...

[SIZE="5"][color="Green"]M[/color][color="Red"]E[/color][color="Green"]R[/color][color="Red"]R[/color][color="Green"]Y[/color] [color="Red"]C[/color][color="Green"]H[/color][color="Red"]R[/color][color="Green"]I[/color][color="Red"]S[/color][color="Green"]T[/color][color="Red"]M[/color][color="Green"]A[/color][color="Red"]S[/color][color="Green"]![/color][color="Red"]![/color][color="Green"]![/color][/SIZE]
CephasWhite

Postby ShiroiHikari » Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:20 am

I went to school with a bunch of guys named Adam, so it's not that unpopular, but I guess people aren't naming their kids that nowadays (they're stuck on Aidan, Jaden and things like that).
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby CephasWhite » Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:17 pm

XD Sorry, this just came in my head :lol:

*Hillbilly dad introducing his kids*

Hey Kids~! Come on out~!

Aidan, Jaden, Maiden, Kaden, Bayden, Damen, Raymen, Haymen, Kayden, Naiden, Taymen, Waylen, Yaimen...

...And Nod! O_o;

Sorry that was random XD

Back to seriousness though, I wouldn't mind naming my child a unique name like mine.

What that name could be? I'd have to kill you. <_< >_>

:lol:
Two Steps From Hell - Tristan <--(click)
†††††††††††††
We have been here long enough to know
That we are all brothers and sisters in Christ,
So if you are in need of help,
We shall give you His advice.

May God add his blessings upon you,
That you will live this day and forever,
And when He comes to the earth again,
We will all go together...

Into Heaven for Eternity...

[SIZE="5"][color="Green"]M[/color][color="Red"]E[/color][color="Green"]R[/color][color="Red"]R[/color][color="Green"]Y[/color] [color="Red"]C[/color][color="Green"]H[/color][color="Red"]R[/color][color="Green"]I[/color][color="Red"]S[/color][color="Green"]T[/color][color="Red"]M[/color][color="Green"]A[/color][color="Red"]S[/color][color="Green"]![/color][color="Red"]![/color][color="Green"]![/color][/SIZE]
CephasWhite

Postby Nate » Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:02 am

"We're eatin' dinner tonight! Tiffany, Heather, Cody, Dylan, Dermott, Jordan, Taylor, Brittany, Wesley, Rumer, Scout, Cassidy, Zoe, Chloe, Max, Hunter, Kendal, Katlin, Noah, Sasha, Morgan, Kira, Ian, Lauren, Q-bert, Phil!"

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Doubleshadow » Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:37 am

[quote="CephasWhite (post: 1288865)"]XD Sorry, this just came in my head :lol:

*Hillbilly dad introducing his kids*

Hey Kids~! Come on out~!

Aidan, Jaden, Maiden, Kaden, Bayden, Damen, Raymen, Haymen, Kayden, Naiden, Taymen, Waylen, Yaimen...

...And Nod! O_o]

Sadly, this remarkably what is was like when I went to my cousin's wedding.
[color="Red"]As a man thinks in his heart, so is he. - Proverbs 23:7[/color]

The Sundries
Robin: "If we close our eyes, we can't see anything."
Batman: "A sound observation, Robin."
Doubleshadow

Postby king atlantis » Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:50 pm

my last name starts with a G, and my middle Initial is an 'I'.
the 'I' is a family name, and both my children will have it.

they will be twins

Zig and Zag

Zag's initials will be Zig
Zig's initials will be Zag

WHAHAHHAHAA
im a back.
king atlantis

Postby Shilohan ninja » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:46 am

You will only succeed in thoroughly confussing yourself as well as everyone else.

Besides, it's time to go to Grandma's! Brettny, Bartholomew, Aragorn, Gandalf, Trinity, Chastity, Jet, Vert, Dakota, Fletcher, Jordan, Jasmine, Jaime, Wolfgang, Aumadeos, Ryan, Clark, Kal-El, Lazarus, Samwise, Luke, Danica, Chaz, Tiara, Janea, Brink, Natalia, Naomi, Shantel, Jamal, Pheonix, Cassie Shasta, pack up the RV!
Shilohan ninja

Postby Fish and Chips » Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:33 pm

fanofchrist16 (post: 1286866) wrote:what a fun game. i want to get married and have 6 kids. (3 sets of twins, each set 2 yrs. apart)
How are you even planning this?
Fish and Chips

Postby FukuokaGirl » Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:53 am

I've been in love with the name Haruka for my daughter for ages now!
Some of my favorite characters are named this... it's in some of my favorite songs... and I love the meaning... "far away"

My family has a tradition of passing down the middle name Elen to all firstborn daughters. It's been going on for about 300 years now! My mum's middle name, her mum's middle name and so on and so on. SO... for a daughter Haruka Elen.

For my son... I'm in love with the name Kyo and I really like the name Xavier. So for my son Kyo Xavier

Other names I adore...

Girls-
Bronwyn Elaine
Essylte Marie

Boys-
Nathaniel George (after my Grandpop)
Luke Alexander
"They do exist, the places you can live renewed." -Nobuta wo Produce
[align=left]ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

[align=center]思い出せば遙か遙か 未来はどこまでも輝いてた きれいな青空の下で 僕らは少しだけ怯えていた

[/align]
[/align]
[size=75]

[/SIZE]
FukuokaGirl

Postby Purplefire » Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:20 am

I guess I'm lucky. I got to name my daughter my favorite name. And my son's name is awesome as well. :)

I don't foresee any other children coming, but if there was a possibility, my husband and I would probably go along the lines of Josiah or Luke for a boy and probably Faye for a girl.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[color="Blue"]
^My webcomic[/color]
[color="Magenta"]"Try having pastries as your hair style." ~Purplefire[/color]
[color="Cyan"]"If you throw us in the fire, the God we serve can rescue us from your roaring furnace and anything else you might cook up, O king. But even if he doesn't, it wouldn't make a bit of difference, O king. We still wouldn't serve your gods or worship the gold statue you set up." Daniel 3:17-18[/color]
Purplefire

Postby S.M.O.G. » Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:31 pm

Sephiroth.
S.M.O.G.

Postby fanofchrist16 » Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:55 pm

Purplefire (post: 1296579) wrote:I guess I'm lucky. I got to name my daughter my favorite name. And my son's name is awesome as well. :)

I don't foresee any other children coming, but if there was a possibility, my husband and I would probably go along the lines of Josiah or Luke for a boy and probably Faye for a girl.

you sure are lucky Purplefire. i like josiah or luke. and i like faye for a girl.
[SIZE="3"][color="DarkOrchid"]~*Jesus is Lord and Savior of My Life, Who is He to you?*~[/color][/SIZE]

[font="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="3"][color="Red"]New Friends: MangArtist, Roy Mustang[/color][/SIZE][/font]
fanofchrist16

Postby Dr.Faust » Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:04 pm

Rahem-My parents made bet on my name if I was the 1st child this would be my name but I was the 2nd child so i was named after my dad.

Sakura-its so pretty.

Yun- its a good nick name

Akeboshi- the best musician in Japan
Dr.Faust

Postby GeneD » Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:18 am

I found the Times top ten list of strange baby names, if anyone is looking for ideas. :P

Bronx Mowgli
Zuma Nesta Rock
Harlow Winter Kate
Nahla Ariela
Sunday Rose
Hania Riley
Avis Ann
Jagger Joseph Blue
Egypt

Personally I don't really have baby names planned out, although I can say they will probably not be from a different language than my home language. At most they might be English names (second language).
I don't know what broke to make you like this, but I must be broken too if I'm standing here praising your destructiveness. -Rock (Black Lagoon)

As I had encountered kindness, I wanted to be kind myself. -Takashi Natsume (Natsume's Book of Friends)

MAL
Twitter
MOES: Promoting sane sigs.
GeneD

Postby fanofchrist16 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:39 pm

GeneD (post: 1297123) wrote:I found the Times top ten list of strange baby names, if anyone is looking for ideas. :P

Bronx Mowgli
Zuma Nesta Rock
Harlow Winter Kate
Nahla Ariela
Sunday Rose
Hania Riley
Avis Ann
Jagger Joseph Blue
Egypt

Personally I don't really have baby names planned out, although I can say they will probably not be from a different language than my home language. At most they might be English names (second language).

OMG, what is wrong with Hollywood these days? i think the only fairly normal one out of this whole list is: Sunday Rose.

fanofchrist16

Postby Bobtheduck » Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:11 pm

I want to name a daughter Emi. In english, people can just call her "amy" and it's already a name in Japanese, so that works. I also like Abigail.

I don't have any other names really thought up, though. I can say what I would never do, however:

really weird names

Jrs or named after family (except maybe a middle name after a family member OTHER than mine or my wife's)

Videogame, anime, or movie characters. While I may have a kid named, say, david... I won't have a David, a hal, a Jack, and an Adam, with an Eva, a Meryl, and an Emma for girls... If my wife happens to be a fangirl, well... Tough crap. She ain't getting a Cloud, Zack, or Sephiroth... (well, Zack could work I suppose... no telling middle name, though) While we're at it, Harry may be fine, but once the brother is going to be named James or Albus or Ron or have a sister named Hermione or Lily or Ginerva (ok, so Ginerva and Albus are just plain off-limits) that's where I put my foot down.

I won't do letter themes, even for twins... ESPECIALLY for twins. It's cute for about 2 seconds. Then it's something they have to live with. If my wife gives birth to twins, they'll be named things so far apart that you could never get them confused. One will be Timothy, the other one will be Xavier or something... Certainly no Tim, Tom, and Tandy among my children. The same applies to rhymes... (you know... phil and lil and Bill)

Also, certain names are off-limits for other reasons (some of them obvious, some of them personal): Bertha, Olga, Helga, Desiree, Damien, Danielle, Rebbecca (I have a niece named Rebbecca, so that overlaps with the family thing, but for reasons having nothing to do with that Rebbecca, this is a double no)

So, that does narrow things down, yet still leaves many options.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Solid Ronin » Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:17 pm

His name shall be Eighteen Dragon Slaying Palms Gonzales.
Solid Ronin

Postby Sheenar » Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:26 pm

I like Adrianna for a girl. I'd probably pick a "normal" name for a boy --Andrew, Nicolas, Jonathan, Edward--something along those lines.
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby Fish and Chips » Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:18 am

Solid Ronin (post: 1301848) wrote:His name shall be Eighteen Dragon Slaying Palms Gonzales.
Eric the day you do this I will fly out to Texas to be there are at the christening.

And you'd better name me the godfather.
Fish and Chips

Previous Next

Return to General