Ghibli's Ponyo to be release in U.S. theaters on August 14

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Postby Roy Mustang » Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:25 pm

[quote="ANN"]Walt Disney Pictures has announced that Ponyo, the latest film from Academy Award-winning director Hayao Miyazaki (Spirited Away, Nausicaä]

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Red"]Col. Roy Mustang[/color][/font]
Roy Mustang

Postby ChristianKitsune » Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:30 pm

yaaaaaaaaaaaayy!! This movie is like uber adorable! I can't wait to see it!
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby minakichan » Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:06 am

I was in the manga section at a Kinokuniya in Taiwan, right next to a screen playing the ad for Ponyo... over... and over... and over...

It drove me insane. I don't know if I can watch this movie AHAHAAHA.
ImageImage
minakichan

Postby Heronwing » Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:46 pm

My family's going to see it. We can pretty much only go see G-rated movies, because of my sister's age (she turned 5 last week). This is going to be her first Miyazaki film.
Though, why did they have to cast the younger siblings of their stars as the main characters? The Disney machine is at work again. I wish that they released a subbed version, or at least picked real actors. They need to realize that this isn't Disney Channel; it's high-quality animation.
I believe in Jesus Christ, my Savior. If you do too and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this in your signature.
Heronwing

Postby ChristianKitsune » Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:31 pm

[quote="Heronwing (post: 1300702)"]My family's going to see it. We can pretty much only go see G-rated movies, because of my sister's age (she turned 5 last week). This is going to be her first Miyazaki film.
Though, why did they have to cast the younger siblings of their stars as the main characters? The Disney machine is at work again. I wish that they released a subbed version, or at least picked real actors. They need to realize that this isn't Disney Channel]

High quality animation, that is for kids... O_o its like totoro-esque in the age group department...

I think it's awesome when Disney casts sibling,s maybe the actors are more comforatable when they can do something together...

The two sisters in Totoro did a great job.. XD
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews