Cow Appreciation Day - July 11th

Talk about anything in here.

Cow Appreciation Day - July 11th

Postby Benn » Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:02 am

Did anyone know that July 11th is cow appreciation day??? I sure didn't until USSRGirl's thread about her stuffed cow made me search for those Chik-fil-a cows. In my search I found out that in July if you go to a Chik-fil-a restaurant dressed as a cow you get a free meal!

More details can be found at http://www.chick-fil-a.com/downloads/CFA_CAD_1pgr.pdf

Guess it's sorta like if you dress like a burrito on Halloween you get a free burrito at Chipotle.
Benn

Postby Peanut » Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:45 pm

For some reason...this thread along with Temulin's reminds me of a certain conversation I once had with some individuals on this site revolving around an activity that individuals occasionally do for fun involving sleeping cows...good times...good times...
CAA's Resident Starcraft Expert

goldenspines wrote:Its only stealing if you don't get caught.
Peanut

Postby Tsukuyomi » Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:56 pm

Ooooooh, all this talk about cows reminds me of the cow tipping convo in chat \o.o/
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby Benn » Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:04 pm

haha... did someone on this board actually go cow tippin?
Benn

Postby ShiroiHikari » Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:17 pm

I appreciate cows for tasting good and making delightful things such as ice cream possible.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:26 pm

ShiroiHikari (post: 1299546) wrote:I appreciate cows for tasting good and making delightful things such as ice cream possible.

QFT.
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Sheenar » Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:03 pm

ShiroiHikari (post: 1299546) wrote:I appreciate cows for tasting good and making delightful things such as ice cream possible.

RIB EYE STEAK *wants one*
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby FukuokaGirl » Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:12 pm

I appreciate cows by being vegan.

^___^

I think they're cuter alive and with soft noses and big, pretty eyes.
XD
"They do exist, the places you can live renewed." -Nobuta wo Produce
[align=left]ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

[align=center]思い出せば遙か遙か 未来はどこまでも輝いてた きれいな青空の下で 僕らは少しだけ怯えていた

[/align]
[/align]
[size=75]

[/SIZE]
FukuokaGirl

Postby ChristianKitsune » Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:15 pm

but...cows smell.. :/ my town is surrounded on all 4 sides by feedlots and dairies...

They are cute though, in a bovine way XD
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby Htom Sirveaux » Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:09 am

"I don't see nobody takin' me to Chik-fil-A."
If this post seems too utterly absurd or ridiculous to be taken seriously, don't. :)
Htom Sirveaux

Postby USSRGirl » Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:49 am

... wow. Can't believe I wasn't aware of this.

(And yes, you cow tipping hick, I know what you're referring to Peanut.)

Wow... lots of cow hatred on this board. It saddens me to see how unappreciative society is towards big, soft squishy bovine. I mean, c'mon, do you people never eat ice cream? Yoplait? Chocolate milk for cryin' out loud?

Now I gotta plan something festive... something big... something cowish.
USSRGirl

Postby Peanut » Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:27 am

USSRGirl (post: 1299856) wrote:(And yes, you cow tipping hick, I know what you're referring to Peanut.)

Really? Then why are you calling me a cow tipping hick?

USSRGirl wrote:Wow... lots of cow hatred on this board. It saddens me to see how unappreciative society is towards big, soft squishy bovine. I mean, c'mon, do you people never eat ice cream? Yoplait? Chocolate milk for cryin' out loud?

Now I gotta plan something festive... something big... something cowish.

I guess it could be said that one man's Yoplait is another man's steak...mmm...steak....

Peanut

Postby soul alive » Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:54 pm

I love cows! I grew up on a ranch and showed a steer for several years in 4H. They're just plain cute, and I especially like this time of the year, when all the calves are being born.

It's not the cow itself that smells, it's the, ah, refuse.

I equally love cow product - steak, hamburger, dairy. *sigh* Yum.

And for all you gum, gummies, jell-o, etc. lovers out there, you appreciate cows too... their bones, hooves, and connective tissues go through many complicated processes to become gelatin. ^^
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A Cruce Salus, a webmanga. --- Status: Undergoing rewrites, currently offline

soul-alive.deviantart.com

"People say I'm strange, does it make me a stranger / That my best friend was born in a manger?" 'Jesus Freak' - dc Talk
soul alive

Postby ShiroiHikari » Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:07 pm

I didn't know they used animals to make gelatin. Learn something new everyday.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby ChristianKitsune » Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:12 pm

soul alive (post: 1301635) wrote:I love cows! I grew up on a ranch and showed a steer for several years in 4H. They're just plain cute, and I especially like this time of the year, when all the calves are being born.

It's not the cow itself that smells, it's the, ah, refuse.

I equally love cow product - steak, hamburger, dairy. *sigh* Yum.

And for all you gum, gummies, jell-o, etc. lovers out there, you appreciate cows too... their bones, hooves, and connective tissues go through many complicated processes to become gelatin. ^^

O.o

never again will I chew/eat these things without thinking that I'm eating cow feet XD.
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby Nate » Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:17 pm

SpoonyBard wrote:Image
"I don't see nobody takin' me to Chik-fil-A."

Also, I appreciate cows every day. I think I'll appreciate one now by eating a delicious hamburger!

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby ShiroiHikari » Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:19 pm

ChristianKitsune (post: 1301641) wrote:O.o

never again will I chew/eat these things without thinking that I'm eating cow feet XD.

Some people eat pig's feet, which I think is possibly the grossest thing ever. Yet somehow the idea of gelatin does not bother me.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Sheenar » Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:53 pm

This is a neat website about all the different products made from beef or beef by-products.

And another one.
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby soul alive » Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:45 pm

Gelatin's definitely one of those great, 'oh, huh, so that's what that is' kind of things that you don't really mind that you're eating, lol.

Pig's feet on the other hand. *shudder*

Though, I do have to say, there are a couple of things that I just can't find it in me to appreciate - eating cow tongue and the idea of Rocky Mountain Oysters. bleh. Nothing like coming home and finding a giant tongue boiling on the stove. *such a hick*
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"People say I'm strange, does it make me a stranger / That my best friend was born in a manger?" 'Jesus Freak' - dc Talk
soul alive

Postby Sheenar » Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:32 pm

soul alive (post: 1301853) wrote:Though, I do have to say, there are a couple of things that I just can't find it in me to appreciate - eating cow tongue and the idea of Rocky Mountain Oysters. bleh. Nothing like coming home and finding a giant tongue boiling on the stove. *such a hick*

Don't forget Menudo (lining of part of the cow's omasum served in soup form) --that's something I'll never eat --they even sell it in a can at HEB (grocery store).

And then there's the products made for dogs: Flossies, Bully Sticks, Rawhide, and even a big smoked leg bone. The leg bone I'll let Pebbles chew on --the rest, no way (especially the first two).

Sheenar

Postby soul alive » Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:24 pm

:D

I'll give some leeway to non-human beef-eats, as they keep the dogs entertained. (though, we do make a liver brownie for dog treats that my dad likes to eat too. bleh, bleh, bleh )

Anyway, cows.
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

soul alive

Postby Peanut » Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:17 pm

soul alive (post: 1301935) wrote:Anyway, cows.

Moo.

Peanut

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:45 pm

FukuokaGirl (post: 1299720) wrote:I appreciate cows by being vegan.

^___^

I think they're cuter alive and with soft noses and big, pretty eyes.
XD

With their saliva just dripping from their mouths as gnats are flying all around their face? XD
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Benn » Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:26 pm

Mr. SmartyPants (post: 1301963) wrote:With their saliva just dripping from their mouths as gnats are flying all around their face? XD

if there's foam with that saliva better watch out for hoof 'n mouth. best to put old betsy out of her misery then
Benn

Return to General