Christian inspired clothing

Talk about anything in here.

Christian inspired clothing

Postby Benn » Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:36 am

After getting bored of looking at the same shirts in my closet again and again I've been thinking of investing in a new wardrobe. Would anyone have suggestions on where to get good Christian inspired clothing?

I'm a little too old for ones like "Jesus beat the devil with a big ugly stick" and want to be a little more sensitive than "abortion is homicide" (i don't think those regretting a past abortion would find God's grace in staring at that shirt).

I found http://www.c28.com which has some pretty cool designs but don't know if the quality is any good. Any suggestions?
Benn

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:15 am

Don't bother. We should wear our faith in our hearts, not on our clothes. It's easy to put on a WWJD t-shirt or chain but is it easy to do what Jesus did? No. I think it's a form of advertising that's a bit tacky in my opinion.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby LadyRushia » Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:58 am

I agree. Often times Christian clothing does the whole copying culture thing, but I do have one sweatshirt at home that I like; I haven't worn it in a long time though. You can do what you want; those are just my two cents (or one cent since this post is so short, XD).
Fanfiction (updated 1/1/11)-- Lucky Star--Ginsaki ch. 4
[color="Magenta"]Sometimes I post things.[/color]
Image Image Image
LadyRushia

Postby Scarecrow » Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:16 am

I do hate Christian marketing and stuff but then I'm not 100% against it either. The thing is... You'd have to really look hard to find the good clothing that doesn't feel like it's following a fad or just down right cheesy. There was this one shirt I saw years ago it was pretty cool... I think it just had a bloody crown of thorns and some nails lying through it or something and that was it. Maybe a hand with a nail in it too. I don't remember. Black and white shirt and the blood was red. I always liked that shirt. That was the ONLY shirt I think I've liked though and I haven't seen one since that I really actually liked.

I don't like stuff that just parades it around in your face (WWJD, a cross with some cheesy saying etc...) but I do like stuff that make nice conversation starters.... Like if its all subtle or symbolic or something.

And you know... I hate to sound superficial... but what is with Christian models (well, models that model Christian wear, movies, books, whatever)? Do they try to find the most plain/average ones just to show that Christians are not superficial? I mean it's true, we shouldn't be... but if you're gonna advertise something, make it look good :D
"Take me down, shake me out. Give me a brain, that I might know You better"
Scarecrow

Postby CrimsonRyu17 » Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:45 am

I usually just lurk here but hey.

http://www.kerusso.com/

I love these shirts. Some of them are really nice, some a little lame. I've never started deep debates or conversations though I have had many people make me stand still and turn around so they could read it.

As long as you don't wear your actual faith on the outside instead of inside, I see nothing wrong with wearing nice Christian-inspired T'ees and whatnot.
CrimsonRyu17

Postby PrincessZelda » Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:09 pm

Well, Christian shirts can be fun sometimes, but I wouldn't recommend a whole wardrobe of Christian clothes.

T-shirts are very stylish, after all :P
"If you are allergic to a thing, it is best not to put that thing in your mouth, particularly if the thing is cats."

PrincessZelda

Postby goldenspines » Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:50 pm

You could always make your own designs a put them on your clothing. :D

I personally don't like Christian themed clothing because it's usually so expensive. @_@

In all honesty, when deciding what clothes to wear, you shouldn't want to be a walking billboard with a shirt proclaiming, "Believe in God or you're going to hell, sucker!". But, I think simply portrayed Christian inspired shirts/etc can be cool to wear if you want. Especially since the simple but stylish looking ones are a nice alternative to other designs out there. ^_^
And looking at the link to the website you posted, the apparel there looks pretty cool and pretty nicely priced. I even kind of want this shirt for myself XD : http://www.c28.com/shopping/productdetails.asp?recordid=11939
goldenspines

Postby Scarecrow » Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:42 pm

Ya thats a pretty cool shirt but I feel they ruined it with, "He heals the broken hearted and sews up their wounds". I mean, we do have a brain. I figured out all the symbolism before even zooming in so I could read what it said. If a non-Christian didn't know what the heck was going on in that shirt, it would have made an excellent conversation piece.

But I guess the figured the average person is too dumb to get it and had to spell it out for us.
"Take me down, shake me out. Give me a brain, that I might know You better"
Scarecrow

Postby goldenspines » Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:44 pm

Scarecrow (post: 1299141) wrote:Ya thats a pretty cool shirt but I feel they ruined it with, "He heals the broken hearted and sews up their wounds". I mean, we do have a brain. I figured out all the symbolism before even zooming in so I could read what it said. If a non-Christian didn't know what the heck was going on in that shirt, it would have made an excellent conversation piece.

But I guess the figured the average person is too dumb to get it and had to spell it out for us.

You make very good point, yet, sometimes people need that straightforward reminder. It doesn't mean they're dumb if they want things "spelled out".

Although starting a conversation with a non-Christian over a shirt is awesome, I don't think that's the main reason why someone wears a Christian themed shirt.
I think they may wear it like they would wear a shirt given to them by a best friend. They wouldn't wear the shirt because they want to look "holy" or "better than you", they would wear it because they love their friend. That's how it should be, at least. *shrugs*
goldenspines

Postby eternalprincess » Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:08 pm

C28 is a really cool Christian clothing brand. I'm on their street team. Their clothes' designs rock. *graphic designer side coming out* :P I don't think you have to wear Christian shirts(or clothes) to be Christian. But it is nice to have some stuff that says my faith. :)

http://www.c28.com/

*for some reason is reminded of her LOTR shirts, Zelda shirts, and her screen tees* XD

@)}~ carry this rose in your sig, as thanks, to all the CAA Moderators
eternalprincess

Location: Texas: Sitting at the computer writing, and explaining anime to someone who found out I'm into it.

Postby foolishbunny » Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:10 pm

CrimsonRyu17 (post: 1299015) wrote:I usually just lurk here but hey.

http://www.kerusso.com/

I love these shirts. Some of them are really nice, some a little lame. I've never started deep debates or conversations though I have had many people make me stand still and turn around so they could read it.

As long as you don't wear your actual faith on the outside instead of inside, I see nothing wrong with wearing nice Christian-inspired T'ees and whatnot.

koolio :dance:
foolishbunny

Postby Whitefang » Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:17 pm

You don't necessarily have to have a "Christian" themed shirt. It can just be a shirt with a positive message. For example, I have a Christian friend who would wear a shirt that extolled natural beauty and discouraged being pigeon-holed into what society believes makes someone attractive. The irony is that she is actually quite attractive, but all the greater a testament to what she believes.

The point is that if you are going to wear a shirt with a message, make absolutely certain that it is something with which you agree. You probably should not wear a shirt with a Christian message for the sake of wearing a shirt with a Christian message.

If you do want an explicitly Christian shirt, I would go with something simple. Something with a Biblical verse or a simple, "Praise Jesus" type of thing. Some people might think it's corny, but as long as you like it and feel that it is something God would desire you to do, then by all means do so!
"It's not easy to act in the name of justice."

"Justice is not the only right in this world"
Whitefang

Postby Ingemar » Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:56 am

I was expecting a thread about where to find a robe made of sackcloth and a tunic. I'M VERY DISAPPOINTED, THANKYOUVERYMUCH.
Job 7:16

I loathe my life; I would not live forever. Let me alone, for my days are but a breath.
Ingemar

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:48 am

goldenspines, the differences with those are that most of them are well thought out, look great and have a purpose. I would wear one of those but the ones that just Christianise something already done is lame.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Song_of_Storms » Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:15 pm

[SIZE="1"]Voice of the Martyrs just released an absolutely beautiful T-shirt I've been dying to get. Here. It's talking about how Christian persecution is alive and well.

There's a matching poster. n.n/ [/SIZE]
ImageImage ImageImageImage
Song_of_Storms

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:32 pm

This place might have some cool stuff, though I haven't looked through everything: http://truthsoularmor.com/

Voice of the Martyrs just released an absolutely beautiful T-shirt I've been dying to get. Here. It's talking about how Christian persecution is alive and well.

There's a matching poster. n.n/

Hey! I saw an older guy wearing this shirt at Walmart. He was there with his family too :D I was wondering what it was about. Cool.
Shao Feng-Li

Postby rocklobster » Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:17 pm

My favorite Christian T-shirt will always be that one with Jesus lifting the cross and the words "The Lord's Gym" under neath it. and the words "His pain. Our gain" at the top.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby minakichan » Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:34 pm

Wow, I'm surprised people have an issue with Christian clothing. Yeah, it's tacky to wear something that's all "BELIEVE IN JEEEZUS OR YOU GONNA BURN," but I dunno, it's cute and it kind of counters all the other messages on T-shirts.

This from someone who doesn't own any and is more likely to go out and buy a "Communist Party!" or "Looking for a Japanese girlfriend" shirt =/
ImageImage
minakichan

Postby SnEptUne » Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:48 am

How about clothes that tried to symbolize people in bible like this one:

http://www.roserushbrooke.com/lydia.html

Maybe I am a fractual freak.
[SIZE="1"]Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs (1 Corinthians 13:4-5)[/SIZE]
SnEptUne

Postby mechana2015 » Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:29 am

minakichan (post: 1300488) wrote:Wow, I'm surprised people have an issue with Christian clothing. Yeah, it's tacky to wear something that's all "BELIEVE IN JEEEZUS OR YOU GONNA BURN," but I dunno, it's cute and it kind of counters all the other messages on T-shirts.

The issue I typically have with Christian T-shirts is that a lot of them that I've seen are borderline copyright or trademark infringement. That just makes us (as Christians) seem both uncreative and like scofflaws. Original art is fine but I see a lot more of the 'rip-off' style of artwork. I'm quite aware that it's parody, but as in most cases, a little goes a long way, and there has been (in my opinion) too much of it.

I've seen a shirt with the Old Navy name... pretty much replicated exactly as the company uses it, with a Christian message under it. I just call that embarrassing.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby S.M.O.G. » Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:19 am

I got one at camp that says "vote for [s]Perdo[/s] Jesus". I'm wearing one right now that says "Love hurts" in red, almost bloody looking letters with the three spikes in the background. I got it at Mardels and they have quite bit of cool Christian clothes.
S.M.O.G.

Postby GundamFan » Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:12 pm

I'm not really one for Christian clothing and I think people go way over top with it a few years at my local Christian bookstore I saw they John 3:16 socks which is a good example of how people go overboard with this stuff.
GundamFan

Postby Radical Dreamer » Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:16 pm

GundamFan (post: 1302742) wrote:I'm not really one for Christian clothing and I think people go way over top with it a few years at my local Christian bookstore I saw they John 3:16 socks which is a good example of how people go overboard with this stuff.

This post makes me cry for humanity. XD "Thy word is a lamp unto my feet," not socks for them. XDD

Still, that's pretty funny, if terribly terribly sad. XD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby GundamFan » Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:25 pm

Radical Dreamer (post: 1302743) wrote:This post makes me cry for humanity. XD "Thy word is a lamp unto my feet," not socks for them. XDD

Still, that's pretty funny, if terribly terribly sad. XD

That's not even the worse thing I have seen that would be what would Jesus do pepper spray.
Although I imagine it is alot easier to turn the other check when the guy is on the ground gasping for air.:lol:
GundamFan

Postby That Dude » Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:51 pm

Dude, I want that pepper spray!

I've a few "christian style" shirts, my favorite being a silhouetted picture of Jesus with the crown of thorns and the word "Revolutionary" under it. Anyway since other's have posted almost exactly what I think on the subject I don't see need to address that...

Anyway...Check out Cross Eyed clothing.
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby Hana Ryuuzaki » Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:02 pm

[font="palatino Linotype"]Personally, my favourite Christian clothing company is, well...Faveur!
http://store.getfaveur.com/
Their clothing is more on the indie/emo/punk side, but they're different and don't portray the Sermon-Stuffer side of Christianity! 8D

My fav of theirs that I have is the 4 Horsemen of the Apocalypse.
http://cache0.bigcartel.com/product_images/1457127/4horseman_christian.jpg
http://store.getfaveur.com/product/4-horseman

;DDD
The only reason I DO wear these kinds of things, is because it makes people ask just what it is, and what inspired it.
That way, I can evangelize to my town and school without having to jump on the table and throw bibles at peoples heads... ^^[/font]
[SIGPIC]http://christiananime.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=9906&dateline=1214542817[/SIGPIC]
[SIZE="1"][color="Plum"]WHY GOD MADE J-ROCK: Kamijo[/color][/SIZE]
[color="LightBlue"][SIZE="3"][font="Century Gothic"]Crucify My Love, If My Love Is Blind...[/SIZE][/color][/font]
Hana Ryuuzaki

Postby Sparx00 » Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:23 pm

I don't know why there's so much hate in christian clothing. I wear the stuff, but I don't think that putting on a christian shirt is "advertising." I mean, what if there's a person that walk up to you suddenly and asks you about Jesus because they saw you were wearing the shirt? I mean it never hurts to have a shirt that says, "Ask me about Jesus." I actually know a few people who have led people to Christ through this kind of stuff.

I have seen a few things that could be considered "Cheesy" though. I saw this hat that said, "Jesus loves the hell out of you." Not the best thing to wear, but I chuckled when I saw it.

This one shirt I saw was kinda cheesy, but I liked it. It had an splinter covered cross on the front and the caption under it said, "Jesus beat the devil with a big ugly stick."
You wish you could shred like me.
Sparx00

Postby GundamFan » Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:51 pm

That Dude I'm not sure where you can get the pepper spray anymore I haven't seen sold anywhere recently.
I will say this I am rather concerned about merchandising I have been seeing lately things like Test a mints, and Bible bars, are to examples of Christianity being used as a cheesey theme and makes me wonder if the message is getting watered down by it. That we may have a real problem developing with emphasis on buying Christian merchandise rather than focus on Christ. I have know someone that was way to much into the merchandise. Not that owning acouple of Christian theme shirts is a bad thing heck I got those and I'm one of the people that's worry about the over commericialization of Christianity.
GundamFan

Postby Radical Dreamer » Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:33 pm

GundamFan (post: 1302783) wrote:That Dude I'm not sure where you can get the pepper spray anymore I haven't seen sold anywhere recently.
I will say this I am rather concerned about merchandising I have been seeing lately things like Test a mints, and Bible bars, are to examples of Christianity being used as a cheesey theme and makes me wonder if the message is getting watered down by it. That we may have a real problem developing with emphasis on buying Christian merchandise rather than focus on Christ. I have know someone that was way to much into the merchandise. Not that owning acouple of Christian theme shirts is a bad thing heck I got those and I'm one of the people that's worry about the over commericialization of Christianity.

I really, really agree with this. I think that when it boils down to it, a lot of this "Christian clothing" and "Christian mints" and all of this is really just commercialization of Christianity. That's so ridiculous to me. Christianity isn't a business; we shouldn't have to commercialize everything.
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Nate » Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:39 pm

I want the Penny Arcade shirt with Jesus on it, that I can't post a picture of for language reasons.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Next

Return to General