Best Valentine Gift Ever - We're Engaged!

Talk about anything in here.

Postby Jingo Jaden » Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:39 am

Awesome! I hope that all will go smooth and well.
Of two evils, choose neither - Charles Spurgeon.

Jingo Jaden

Postby Fantasy Dreamer » Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:14 am

[quote="Ashley (post: 1297330)"]Um, it's coming. We've got some things nailed down, but I'm constantly amazed at how much work has to be done! Even if I did nothing else full-time but spend money and plan, it'd still take several months to get done. Plus, I don't want to turn into a Bridezilla]

Yay, that's this year! I hope everything works out and falls into place with as little trouble and hassle as possible. I know wedding planning is a big deal, even though I've never done it myself. XD
"Be strong, and let your heart take courage, all you who wait for the Lord!" - Psalm 31:24

"MOES: Sig. Or sig not. There is no scroll."

My Fanfiction.net account
My DA account
My MAL

"An XD a post will keep humor at its most." - Goldenspines <3
Fantasy Dreamer

Postby soul alive » Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:44 am

Wow, just poked in and caught the news. Congratulations!

And for kicks, a couple random quotes from the pastor at my cousin's wedding, who couldn't keep serious during the rehearsal:
"I take this woman to be my wife, may she never comfort me with a butcher knife."
"And then the father of the bride will read the poem that he wrote, 'Marryin' a woman's like ridin' a horse, hold the reins too tight, and you'll get a divorce.'"

:D

Have fun planning everything, I hope it all goes nice and smooth.
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A Cruce Salus, a webmanga. --- Status: Undergoing rewrites, currently offline

soul-alive.deviantart.com

"People say I'm strange, does it make me a stranger / That my best friend was born in a manger?" 'Jesus Freak' - dc Talk
soul alive

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:53 am

Ashley, I'm encouraged to hear Cap'n Nick is getting a bit of a say in the marriage. I know it's traditionally the 'bride's day' but I've always thought the groom should get a bit of a say. Good on you mate. I hope your preparations come together quickly and without hassle.
God Bless
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Ashley » Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:48 pm

Just a bump/update in case anyone's interested in the wedding plans...

it's been ...uh, interesting, to say the least, trying to plan a wedding in a state other than the one you reside in. For reasons too long and complicated to explain, we are temporarily moving to one state but keeping our wedding in another...so I've been desperately trying to get big stuff done before the move next week.

So far so good though, and at a much better price than I initially thought. One thing I will say to all the other girls out there is when the time comes, with a little research you can save a LOT of money. For example, when we were looking at hotels for our guests to stay in, we went to a local service provided by the city (for FREE to us) that ended up getting us a great deal and kicking in a free bridal suite for us.

Another good tip is you can save a ton if you're willing to DIY or find someone who can do it for you. For instance, we are blessed to have a very good friend who is a graphic designer and designed our beautiful invitations FOR FREE. He's also going to be our photographer--FOR FREE.

We saved almost $700 on the wedding cake just by buying a small, pretty round one to cut at the ceremony and iced, pre-cut sheet cake to keep in the kitchen and serve. Saved a $100 tux rental by doing it at Men's Warehouse, where the groom's tux is free with 4 other rentals (and we have 6 to rent, so yay!). Saved at least $40 by making my own veil. Saved a BUTT LOAD of money by having my Matron of Honor research cute favor ideas that we will make ourselves for under $75 TOTAL. That's less than a dollar per person--and we still get to have 3 different favors! Saved at least $100 in program printing by doing it ourselves. Saved at least $400 by making the men's boutonnieres ourselves (for under $100).

Nick is hoping with all the savings we will be able to rent an arcade game for the reception...which I'm totally down with. =D
Ashley

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:09 pm

How exciting Ashley! Sounds like it will be a great time for all and a great beginning to a lifetime commitment of love and service to one another.
Yahoo for cheap and free stuff.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Tsukuyomi » Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:18 am

Ashley (post: 1305414) wrote:Just a bump/update in case anyone's interested in the wedding plans...

it's been ...uh, interesting, to say the least, trying to plan a wedding in a state other than the one you reside in. For reasons too long and complicated to explain, we are temporarily moving to one state but keeping our wedding in another...so I've been desperately trying to get big stuff done before the move next week.

So far so good though, and at a much better price than I initially thought. One thing I will say to all the other girls out there is when the time comes, with a little research you can save a LOT of money. For example, when we were looking at hotels for our guests to stay in, we went to a local service provided by the city (for FREE to us) that ended up getting us a great deal and kicking in a free bridal suite for us.

Another good tip is you can save a ton if you're willing to DIY or find someone who can do it for you. For instance, we are blessed to have a very good friend who is a graphic designer and designed our beautiful invitations FOR FREE. He's also going to be our photographer--FOR FREE.

We saved almost $700 on the wedding cake just by buying a small, pretty round one to cut at the ceremony and iced, pre-cut sheet cake to keep in the kitchen and serve. Saved a $100 tux rental by doing it at Men's Warehouse, where the groom's tux is free with 4 other rentals (and we have 6 to rent, so yay!). Saved at least $40 by making my own veil. Saved a BUTT LOAD of money by having my Matron of Honor research cute favor ideas that we will make ourselves for under $75 TOTAL. That's less than a dollar per person--and we still get to have 3 different favors! Saved at least $100 in program printing by doing it ourselves. Saved at least $400 by making the men's boutonnieres ourselves (for under $100).

Nick is hoping with all the savings we will be able to rent an arcade game for the reception...which I'm totally down with. =D

Awww, that's great news ^__^ I'm glad everything's coming along for the both of you :) Greatest of luck with the move this weekend :)
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby LadyRushia » Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:17 am

Glad everything's going well. Though I'm a million steps ahead of myself, I think I'm going to put these tips in a virtual pocket in case I ever need them.
Fanfiction (updated 1/1/11)-- Lucky Star--Ginsaki ch. 4
[color="Magenta"]Sometimes I post things.[/color]
Image Image Image
LadyRushia

Postby Amzi Live » Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:41 am

Arcade Game for the reception?
>>
Ok,that's just awesome!
Congrats. for you two. Wish ya the best
[font="Arial Narrow"] Teach me thy way, O LORD; I will walk in thy truth: unite my heart to fear thy name. Psalm86:11[/font]
Proud lurker? Join MOES,and help us stay cool.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Amzi Live

Postby That Dude » Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:38 am

I'm glad to hear that everything is going well for you two! You guys should do a live stream of the wedding for us! (Kidding!)
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby Shilohan ninja » Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:50 am

Awww, mawwaige...

Warm congratulations and many blessings to you both. May the flame of love between you never die.

Wait - scratch that, may the raging fire of passion between the two of you never decrease or go out.

To Ashley and Cap'n Nick, partners in crime! Huzzah!
Shilohan ninja

Postby Icarus » Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:52 am

Somehow I missed posting here, but congratulations!
The Forsworn War of 34

††
Icarus

Postby Fantasy Dreamer » Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:06 am

Ashley (post: 1305414) wrote:Just a bump/update in case anyone's interested in the wedding plans...

Wow, that's a lot of savings! Way to go! Its great that you are able to save so much!

An arcade game for the reception!? Awesome! lol, bet the ring bearer and flower girl (if you have them and depending on their ages I suppose XD) will like that!
"Be strong, and let your heart take courage, all you who wait for the Lord!" - Psalm 31:24

"MOES: Sig. Or sig not. There is no scroll."

My Fanfiction.net account
My DA account
My MAL

"An XD a post will keep humor at its most." - Goldenspines <3
Fantasy Dreamer

Postby animewarrior » Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:41 pm

Shilohan ninja (post: 1305454) wrote:Awww, mawwaige...

Warm congratulations and many blessings to you both. May the flame of love between you never die.

Wait - scratch that, may the raging fire of passion between the two of you never decrease or go out.

To Ashley and Cap'n Nick, partners in crime! Huzzah!

HAHAHA! Princess Bride FTW! lol sorry I actually laughed out loud at that.
On the serious note: GOOD LUCK with preparations and everything! Glad things are going pretty well. ^^ congrats again

[retreats to lurking..... mwahahahaha I'll be back in the summer]
~ The fainter the heartbeat the stronger the soul~

*They're just an incomplete group of people wishing to be whole; and to that end, they're desperately searching for something.* - Namine (Kingdom Hearts 2)
animewarrior

Postby Mithrandir » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:15 pm

Ashley (post: 1305414) wrote:Nick is hoping with all the savings we will be able to rent an arcade game for the reception...which I'm totally down with. =D

I recommend Starfighter vs Xur and the Kodan Armada.

:D
Mithrandir

Postby Ashley » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:43 pm

Oh...I was thinking Pacman. Or maybe Ms. Pacman.
Ashley

Postby Mithrandir » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:55 pm

I think they made an arcade game that's BOTH pacman and miss pac man. If you could find that one, that would totally be awesome!
Mithrandir

Postby Ashley » Thu May 07, 2009 3:36 pm

An update for those who are following our epic quest into marriage:

The "asdlfkja;dsflkjasdf SO MUCH TO DO" phase is definitely kicking in. Sometimes I am quite literally breathless looking at the amount of things we have to do in just 90 short days. We're DIY'ing just about EVERYTHING though, so that probably helps.

In fact, so far we've made the pew decorations, the boutonnieres, the corsages (for moms/grandmas), and combs for my bridesmaids out of silk flowers and greenery from Hobby Lobby for about $100. I have been using a ton of gluesticks, though, but thankfully we had that on hand already.

The biggest expense still to be paid is a toss up between the reception decorations--our florist wanted $900 for them, which we thought was way too much--and the invitations (which still need to be printed, but we're aiming for this week).

In the good news column, I got my dress! This was the part I was really dreading, because I hate shopping for even normal clothes, let alone the most expensive dress I will ever wear. But luckily I liked the first one I tried on, so it wasn't too bad. Mine ran more than I thought it would (about $1000) but it had some special details I was really set on, so it was okay. Wanna see?
Ashley

Postby Tsukuyomi » Thu May 07, 2009 3:49 pm

Is it weird I'm going ASDFJKL over here when it's not even my wedding xD?
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Thu May 07, 2009 5:25 pm

Ashley (post: 1305608) wrote:Oh...I was thinking Pacman. Or maybe Ms. Pacman.

No. It needs to be DDR. DEE DEE ARE.
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Hana Ryuuzaki » Thu May 07, 2009 5:50 pm

[font="palatino Linotype"]^ I SECOND THAT.

But seriously, that dress is GORGEOUS. *^*

I hope things go well, and y'all don't get too stressed! XDDD[/font]
[SIGPIC]http://christiananime.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=9906&dateline=1214542817[/SIGPIC]
[SIZE="1"][color="Plum"]WHY GOD MADE J-ROCK: Kamijo[/color][/SIZE]
[color="LightBlue"][SIZE="3"][font="Century Gothic"]Crucify My Love, If My Love Is Blind...[/SIZE][/color][/font]
Hana Ryuuzaki

Postby LadyRushia » Thu May 07, 2009 7:55 pm

I want to say something witty and lulzy, but I can't think of anything.

All that business sounds especially stressful, but the dress is rather awesome!
Image Image Image
LadyRushia

Postby Reon » Thu May 07, 2009 8:09 pm

Congratulations Ashley! Always spectacular to know when two Christians get together for marriage and then become one. Your in for new and amazing experiences that will bring you even closer to God if you continue to seek him through all of it. I hope you have a blessed and amazing wedding & marriage.

With my sincerest regards and blessing,
Ryan

P.S. Don't stop keeping us posted on how things are going =)
[color="DimGray"]
[SIZE="1"][font="Arial Narrow"]....[/font][/SIZE]
[/color]
Reon

Postby shooraijin » Thu May 07, 2009 8:26 pm

And then, after they become one, they become six or seven.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Reon » Thu May 07, 2009 9:27 pm

shooraijin (post: 1310046) wrote:And then, after they become one, they become six or seven.

Or twelve if were really lucky. Then we'll have more people to play with on the CAA forum ;) I'm curious if she has a set amount of kids she'd want to have if any
[color="DimGray"]
[SIZE="1"][font="Arial Narrow"]....[/font][/SIZE]
[/color]
Reon

Postby LadyRushia » Fri May 08, 2009 5:03 am

If Ashley and Nick have enough kids to get their own TV show, I will watch it.

Ashley and Nick + 9?

:P
Image Image Image
LadyRushia

Postby ShiroiHikari » Fri May 08, 2009 6:24 am

LadyRushia (post: 1310092) wrote:If Ashley and Nick have enough kids to get their own TV show, I will watch it.

Ashley and Nick + 9?

:P

Aghhhh no!
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Ashley » Fri May 08, 2009 6:30 pm

[QUOTe=Tsukiyomi]
Is it weird I'm going ASDFJKL over here when it's not even my wedding xD?
[/QUOTE]

Nah just means you care. XD

Reon wrote:Or twelve if were really lucky. Then we'll have more people to play with on the CAA forum I'm curious if she has a set amount of kids she'd want to have if any

Rushia wrote:If Ashley and Nick have enough kids to get their own TV show, I will watch it.

Ashley and Nick + 9?

My answer
Ashley

Postby Gabriel 9.0 » Tue May 12, 2009 1:37 am

Congratulations:) , may you have a great Wedding Day and may the Lord bless you and Capt'n Nick with many years together :).
Some of my favorite scriptures.

Psalm91
A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.
Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.
Because thou hast made the LORD, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation;
There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.

Hebrews 4-4
1Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it.
2For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.
3For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.
4For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works.

James 4
Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded. Grieve, mourn and wail. Change your laughter to mourning and your joy to gloom. Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up.

Revelation 22:14
Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
Gabriel 9.0

Postby Ashley » Tue May 12, 2009 1:55 pm

I'll hope you get a great wedding, but you sure are rushing it. My cousin proposed to his girl on valentines and they will have their marriage late august.

Well, we actually have pretty pressing plans for the fall that involve us relocating, and it would be much more complicated if we were still unmarried at that point. And secondly, it's only 2 weeks or so before your cousin's wedding, so is that really rushing?
Ashley

Previous Next

Return to General