Big Anime Sale at Best Buy

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Postby KagayakiWashi » Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:31 am

Purplefire (post: 1294699) wrote: Now where am I supposed to buy my anime?

I got anime for pretty good prices over at cduniverse.com.

I just scored Seasons 1 and 2 of Full Metal Alchemist, The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, Bleach, Season 1, and Baccano!, Vol. 1.
"To be a good listener, you must acquire a musical culture...you must be familiar with the history and development of music, you must listen...to receive music you have to open your ears and wait for the music, you must believe that it is something you need ...to listen is an effort, and just to hear has no merit. A duck hears also." - Igor Stravinsky
Are you hurting? Struggling with something? Need an ear? Check out The Hopeline! https://www.thehopeline.com/CSDefault.aspx
The Blog! http://kagayakiwashi.livejournal.com/
KagayakiWashi

Location: Constantly chasing the dragonfly of love....or something like that

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:44 pm

Psycho Molos (post: 1294678) wrote:Life isn't complete until you become a Corrie fan :P

Well that's not creepy at all!

</sarcasm>

Anyways, I picked up Ergo Proxy yesterday for $26. Pretty awesome!
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby chibiphonebooth » Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:24 pm

Psycho Molos (post: 1294678) wrote:Life isn't complete until you become a Corrie fan :P

.... okay creeper.
ImageImageImage

[font="Impact"][SIZE="3"][color="SeaGreen"]"Savannah's signature: ruining serious since 2008"[/color][/SIZE][/font]

[font="Georgia"][color="Orange"][url=yourtoesaremissing.deviantart.com]Visit my DA X3[/url][/color][/font]
chibiphonebooth

Postby KhakiBlueSocks » Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:30 pm

[font="Trebuchet MS"][SIZE="4"][color="RoyalBlue"]Getting back on topic...

I just visited Millerville, LA Best Buy on my lunch break, and they added a small sign to the display, in addition to the "50% Off" stating that "Afro Samurai and Blu-Ray Anime DVD's are not included in the 50% Off Sale". I'm not a fan of the series, but I think this is a bit unfair as, technically, "Afro Samurai" is anime. Am I wrong in this?[/color][/SIZE][/font]
Joshua: Hebrew -The LORD is Salvation

" wrote:RustyClaymore 11:27 - Ah yes, Socks is the single raindrop responsible for the flood. XD

Check out my new anime review blog, "The Cajun Samurai"

http://thecajunsamurai.wordpress.com/
KhakiBlueSocks

Postby mechana2015 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:03 pm

I've been once, might go back for more when I get more money. I already picked up Spirited Away.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby Roy Mustang » Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:30 pm

KhakiBlueSocks wrote:[font="Trebuchet MS"][SIZE="4"][color="RoyalBlue"]I just visited Millerville, LA Best Buy on my lunch break, and they added a small sign to the display, in addition to the "50%][/SIZE][/font]

Yes, Afro Samurai is anime. It was a manga first and then turn into an anime, with some US people being the co-producers.

As to the reason why they had that sign. You have to remember that Best Buy is trying to sell off its anime that really doesn't sell well in stores. Afro Samurai has been selling very well and that has to be the reason why its mark down.

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Red"]Col. Roy Mustang[/color][/font]
Roy Mustang

Postby KhakiBlueSocks » Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:25 pm

Roy Mustang (post: 1296428) wrote:Yes, Afro Samurai is anime. It was a manga first and then turn into an anime, with some US people being the co-producers.

As to the reason why they had that sign. You have to remember that Best Buy is trying to sell off its anime that really doesn't sell well in stores. Afro Samurai has been selling very well and that has to be the reason why its mark down.

Col. Roy Mustang

Yeah, I hear where you're coming from with that, and I know it's all about the dollar signs, but it's kind of unfair. If "Afro Samurai" is classified as an "anime" then it should be treated as such and get the discount.

" wrote:RustyClaymore 11:27 - Ah yes, Socks is the single raindrop responsible for the flood. XD

KhakiBlueSocks

Postby RobinSena » Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:15 pm

Unfortunately, I'm rather far from any Best Buys, but hopefully once I can get to one there will still be something good left.
FKA: ChurchPunk[SIZE="1"]
MOES: Sig. Or sig not. There is no scroll.
[/SIZE]
RobinSena

Postby Sheol777 » Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:30 pm

KhakiBlueSocks (post: 1296369) wrote:Getting back on topic...

I just visited Millerville, LA Best Buy on my lunch break, and they added a small sign to the display, in addition to the "50% Off" stating that "Afro Samurai and Blu-Ray Anime DVD's are not included in the 50% Off Sale". I'm not a fan of the series, but I think this is a bit unfair as, technically, "Afro Samurai" is anime. Am I wrong in this?

I found this out at home...with my reciept. There was no sign when I was there and Afro Samurai was in the anime section.
Image........... My Deep Space Nine Podcast ........... My Anime List...........
Sheol777

Postby Roy Mustang » Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:24 pm

KhakiBlueSocks wrote:Yeah, I hear where you're coming from with that, and I know it's all about the dollar signs, but it's kind of unfair. If "Afro Samurai" is classified as an "anime" then it should be treated as such and get the discount.

Oh, I know what you mean. Really not fair that they do that. I had a feeling that they would do this to their stuff that does sell well. Its still not right by all means.

Sheol777 wrote:I found this out at home...with my reciept. There was no sign when I was there and Afro Samurai was in the anime section.

If that happen to me, I would take it back. Since they didn't have any sign telling you it wasn't part of the 50%][font="Book Antiqua"]Col. Roy Mustang[/font][/color]
Roy Mustang

Postby KhakiBlueSocks » Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:57 am

Roy Mustang (post: 1296711) wrote:If that happen to me, I would take it back. Since they didn't have any sign telling you it wasn't part of the 50% Off sale.

Unless he opened it...

Best Buy Return Policy wrote:Exceptions
The following items are not returnable:
  • Labor and/or installation services
  • Items that are abused
  • Opened computer software, movies, music and video games
    • If the original item is opened and is damaged or defective, or if an incorrect item was shipped, you may receive credit for these items. Please see details below (Damaged, Defective or Incorrect Items section).
  • iTunes prepaid music cards
  • Best Buy Digital Music Store cards
  • Best Buy/Kodak Gallery Prepaid Photo Cards
  • UMusic Prepaid Ringtone cards
Now, he could go back and say "Look, this is an Anime DVD, but I didn't get the 50% off discount." If the cashier refuses, take it up the chain of command--MANAGER.

KhakiBlueSocks

Postby MasterDias » Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:16 pm

This is why it is generally a good idea to make sure everything checks out immediately after the transaction in case of an error or mistake. It saves a lot of hassle that way.
-----------------------------------------
"Always seek to do good to one another and to all."
1 Thessalonians 5:15

"Every story must have an ending." - Auron - Final Fantasy X

"A small stone may make a ripple at first, but someday it will be a wave." - Wiegraf - Final Fantasy Tactics
MasterDias

Postby Roz » Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:06 pm

Finally found one with the sale but only got Howl's Moving Castle. :(
Roz

Postby KagayakiWashi » Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:38 pm

I went back to the local Best Buy that was participating and, what do you know? I completely lucked out! Both Dragon Ball Z Season 8 and Samurai Seven (Complete) were RESTOCKED. I grabbed'em up :-D
"To be a good listener, you must acquire a musical culture...you must be familiar with the history and development of music, you must listen...to receive music you have to open your ears and wait for the music, you must believe that it is something you need ...to listen is an effort, and just to hear has no merit. A duck hears also." - Igor Stravinsky
Are you hurting? Struggling with something? Need an ear? Check out The Hopeline! https://www.thehopeline.com/CSDefault.aspx
The Blog! http://kagayakiwashi.livejournal.com/
KagayakiWashi

Location: Constantly chasing the dragonfly of love....or something like that

Postby RobinSena » Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:40 am

KhakiBlueSocks (post: 1296433) wrote:Yeah, I hear where you're coming from with that, and I know it's all about the dollar signs, but it's kind of unfair. If "Afro Samurai" is classified as an "anime" then it should be treated as such and get the discount.

Not only that, but the Best Buy website advertises the sale like this:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
FKA: ChurchPunk[SIZE="1"]
MOES: Sig. Or sig not. There is no scroll.
[/SIZE]
RobinSena

Postby goldenspines » Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:01 am

I don't think any other anime fans in my area know about the sale at the Best Buy here. Everytime I go back, there's still lots of stuff. XD This could be due to the fact that the discount signs are smaller than a 3x5" notecard and blend in with the shelves.

So far, I got the first part of Ouran(they don't have the second part for a discount ;o; ), the whole series of Kino's Journey, and the first season of Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles.
I'm thinking of getting one thing more. I'm torn between The Girl Who Leaped Through Time, Spirited Away, or the boxset of Samurai 7(I haven't seen this, but always wanted to check it out, has anyone seen the whole series?).

And to Khaki's comment about Afro Samurai, the DVDs are listed under the sale for the Best Buy here. I wonder why...oh, maybe because it was Blu-Ray format, that may have something to do with it?
goldenspines

Postby Elycien » Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:45 am

:D

The store I went to already had a really small selection, but I was still able to pick up the first two box sets of Fullmetal Alchemist. I've been wanting that series for a really long time now, so getting the first half for only $40 is really excellent.

ImageImageImageImageImage
My dragons ^^ Please click!
Elycien

Postby AJV » Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:19 pm

Didn't the sale end yesturday or is it still going on?
Just wondering since the one that's having a sale is pretty far from where I live.
[url=ajvsblog.blogspot.com]Image[/url]ImageImage
AJV

Postby Benn » Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:40 pm

AJV (post: 1299415) wrote:Didn't the sale end yesturday or is it still going on?
Just wondering since the one that's having a sale is pretty far from where I live.

I just went to two Best Buys today hoping the sale would still be going on but all sale signs were removed and the sale is sadly over. :(
Benn

Postby AJV » Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:00 pm

Aww Man!
I missed it. :(
Too bad I wasn't able to go but there's been a lot going on in my life and wasn't able to get there in time.
Maybe next time...
[url=ajvsblog.blogspot.com]Image[/url]ImageImage
AJV

Postby Elycien » Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:28 pm

Benn (post: 1299420) wrote:I just went to two Best Buys today hoping the sale would still be going on but all sale signs were removed and the sale is sadly over. :(

Huh, that's interesting, mine had it still going on.

Guess I got lucky with it. ^_^

ImageImageImageImageImage
My dragons ^^ Please click!
Elycien

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:49 pm

I think I lucked out; I went yesterday to see what the Best Buy in my town had and ended up buying something. XD Good thing I went, because I had no idea when the sale ended! XD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Benn » Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:54 pm

Elycien (post: 1299438) wrote:Huh, that's interesting, mine had it still going on.

Guess I got lucky with it. ^_^

you're so lucky! i really wanted to get box 1 of death note... but i wasted an hour and a half driving around to get nothing. -_-;
Benn

Previous

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews