Best VOIP?

Talk about anything in here.

Best VOIP?

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:20 am

We're looking for a way to save a bit more money, and one way might be using VoiP for out telephone. Vonage is $25.00 a month.I found this: http://www.voip.com/ , and it can be $200 a year.

Or maybe even a fancy Skype package and skype phone? Unlimited US and Canada for $3.00 a month is pretty darn appealing. Then I'd just have a cheap lan line for emergencies, or something like that.

Gosh, the DSL and Cable companies here make the internet/phone packages sound complicated... $80 for 1.5 DSL and unlimited phone? $45 of that $80 is phone...

Yes, we're trying to be cheap, if possible, heheh.
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Radical Dreamer » Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:26 pm

When I first saw this thread, I thought that it might be asking for the best possible use of the word "VOIP," in which case I felt compelled to post this:

Unfortunately this is not the case! XD However, I'd say that the Skype plan sounds pretty good...do you know how clear of a connection you'd get with a paid Skype plan? It certainly seems like the cheapest option available at the time.
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Tsukuyomi » Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:02 pm

Oh, lawl XCDD I was about to ask,"What is a VOIP?" Lol, still not sure what a voip is, buuuuuuuut there's no shame in trying to be cheap. Esspecially, in these days <_>;

Skype may be a great way to go, but seeing if they have one of those coverage area map thingies may help alot ^__^ Our town is teeny tiny, and the connection.. suxors (or something like that) u_u
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby Ingemar » Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:44 pm

Shao Feng-Li (post: 1297352) wrote:We're looking for a way to save a bit more money, and one way might be using VoiP for out telephone. Vonage is $25.00 a month.I found this: http://www.voip.com/ , and it can be $200 a year.

As a Vonage user (or rather, as the son of a Vonage user), the major advantage of their service is the whole unlimited long distance thing. Now, if you have relatives in South East Asia, dandy. The major disadvantage is good luck trying to call anyone during a power outage. Also, you still need a high speed internet service in order to use it.

Also, on that note, if you don't use cellphones that often (and see no need to use one outside of the US), use a prepaid phone.

You can also save a lot of money if you don't need to shoot a text message every .65 minute.
Job 7:16

I loathe my life; I would not live forever. Let me alone, for my days are but a breath.
Ingemar

Postby Roy Mustang » Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:41 pm

[quote="Tsukuyomi"]Oh, lawl XCDD I was about to ask,"What is a VOIP?" Lol, still not sure what a voip is, buuuuuuuut there's no shame in trying to be cheap. Esspecially, in these days <_>]

Voice over Internet Protocol. Voice communications over IP networks and interface with the traditional public switched telephone network.

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Red"]Col. Roy Mustang[/color][/font]
Roy Mustang

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:49 pm

We don't have cell phones... And our area has both DSL and cable broadband. I just want a cheap phone plan. Skype does seem pretty nifty...
Shao Feng-Li

Return to General